All Comments on 'The Shepherd's Crook Pt. 01'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
TootsallTootsallover 5 years ago
Great to see

Ben, back in the saddle. Was hoping he’d show up again.

lablightlablightover 5 years ago
awesome

more please!!!

LunarLilithLunarLilithover 5 years ago
Another excellent installment in Ben's story

This portion of Ben's adventures certainly started off with a lot of action. It's great to read about Ben once again and it was also nice to see the cameos from Dan and Willow. Another great story! I look forward to the rest of Shepard's Crook.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 5 years ago
Yay

so happy to see new Ben Shepherd content!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love how the stories flow.

Waited and checked on the status of this update every hour or so, thinking it would be out fast. With the majority of the author works on their respecred hall-of-fame lists thought maybe someone was fighting over who would get first crack at reading and giving the thumbs up. Critiqueing is not my strong suit but I felt the sex sceens were balanded with the plot and not overcrowding the progression. After fully reading it I loved the banter and depths that the characters express and am looking forward to more from my favorite erotic story teller.

ahziwyldemannahziwyldemannover 5 years ago
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

The triumphant return of Ben Shepherd, Engineer Extrordanaire!!!!!

the_goatmanthe_goatmanover 5 years ago
Nick’s back!

I’m happy to see Nick back in action. Thanks for continuing the saga. Looking forward to future chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Welcome back Ben

Thank you

ChrisrovChrisrovover 5 years ago
Yaaaa

Ben and his girls are back...

Looking forward to seeing where this adventure takes us...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Keep it coming

Very well done with the change in direction on Ben's adventures. Looking forward to more!

richieyeahrichieyeahover 5 years ago
Great

Great story a worthy followup for a great serie

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 5 years ago
Interesting

Been waiting for this and it did not disappoint. Interesting how you worked in your characters from "An Angel for Bishop," an unexpected twist. Looking forward to Part 2 and how Sergeant Killcade fits in and does Liliya make it there; not betting against it but you did throw us a curve ball with Gretchen...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Brilliant once again, a great New Years gift that is much welcomed. So glad that you have continued the series.

Thank you for your super writing, you are gifted indeed

Anon. Aka Xxpjrxx

GrindleGrindleover 5 years ago
Brilliant return

Makes the wait well worthwhile. Brilliant new story line. Look forward to the rest?

LucivarSDLucivarSDover 5 years ago
Excellent!

Great story! I was happy to see that Ben was able to retain some control in certain situations. He throttles the rage at being called a hero, and Trish brought him out of it twice with little effort. Shows that he's healing. That seems imperative to me if he's going to have so many women in his life. He needs to be able to direct that rage instead of being subsumed by it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excllent

I love all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
shepherd

I was hoping you would continue the exploits of ben shepherd and you have not disappointed can't wait for part 2

Timmy4uTimmy4uover 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for giving us another amazing installment into Ben's life.

jasaf74jasaf74over 5 years ago
Amazing

As usual a great story.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
Excellent, I'm so glad Ben and all the women are back!

Thank you for continuing this series. It's been far too long, I really needed the excitement!

I love the interaction... I also can't wait to see the Sergeant seduce her idol!

If you need help with the military or special operations stuff, reach out.

QueijadaQueijadaover 5 years ago
YES!!

Ben and his ladies are in full force, with new characters and return of old friends.

Excellent chapter, Burnt. Hope to read the follow up soonish.

Also, hope you had a great holiday and all is well with you and uours.

Much love, a big fan

IntheSouth66IntheSouth66over 5 years ago
Outstanding

As usual, another great installment of the series

chip812chip812over 5 years ago
Awesome!

Thank you so much for continuing Ben's story.

WordcraftWordcraftover 5 years ago
MASTERFULLY WRITTEN!

Loved how you incorporated Dan, Willow, Wally, and Noskov from your story An Angel For Bishop. I hope Rose is reunited with her mom. 5 Stars, wish it could be more!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Error

You do not need to go through security if flying your own plane or charter.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 5 years ago

Great to see you back. Another great story underway.

pearlygrlpearlygrlover 5 years ago
Absolutely FABULOUS!

Fabulous BurntRedstone! When I saw the post a while back that you had a continuing chapter coming I got excited and you absolutely DELIVERED! Thanks so much! It was great to see Nikolai and his family incorporated with the additions of Dan and Wally. It was also great to see Trish in action again! And Tina and Lucy headed back to school. I am REALLY looking forward to more chapters!

muze1602muze1602over 5 years ago
Great to see the Shepherd back in action

Yay!!!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 5 years ago
Oh man! I needed that!

Missed Shepherd so much. Yes I did:) Yes - I - Did!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

So glad to see more from Ben. This has been my favorite series of all that I have read on this site. Thanks for sharing your creative genius.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Forgotten

As much as I am very happy to see Ben back at it, can't help but feel for some characters that were important seemingly forgotten about, Hannah for example has had little interaction with Ben besides his time in hospital and a token mention at the end of Shepard afield 5, and now feels almost completely forgotten besides a mention of still regular therapy sessions with Ben and Beth.

Anyways that's my only gripe, love the story and glad to see the characters back.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 5 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for adding more to the Shepherd stories. So often I get interested in a series and then it stops for no (apparent) reason. Usually just when things get to going right, at least in my opinion. I hope to see many more chapters of this story.

Thank you

TED

the Dirtywhiteboy

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 5 years ago
Good Papa

"Who's a good Papa? You Are! Yes you are!"

Absolutely rolling with tears from laughter at that line!

Literotfan83Literotfan83over 5 years ago
Thank You!!

Loved that you started this storyline up again as it is one of my favourites and would love to hear loads more! Keep up the writing. Thank you so much

dikupinyadikupinyaover 5 years ago
thank you

may i have another?

Bruno513Bruno513over 5 years ago
More please!!!

I'm so happy you've return to the Shepherd's series. I can't get enough of them and eagerly await the next chapter. Thank you!!!

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
SOOOOOOO glad to have another remarkable episode to the "Ben" story!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping this FAVORITE tale alive, compelling and the novel way of bringing back former characters! I applaud your fascinating creations!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

MOOOORRRREEEE PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just what I needed!

First new entry of a new year, and it stacks high with every other story in this excellently written and perceived series. Thank you, and cannot wait to read about the headaches to come in Ben's increasingly complicated life

aforrestxaforrestxover 5 years ago
Bravo!

Thank you very much for continuing this story. I can't wait to read the next part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
thank you so much

Thank you so much for continuing the saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

Always enjoyable. Please keep the story going

CynergeticCynergeticover 5 years ago
Great as always!!

I love all of your series and how they flow. I am a huge fan of longer and in depth stories so your writing is perfect for me. I look forward to the future of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great stories

Love your work, but once you start it never takes this long for next chapter. What's up?

You ok?

KingofoneKingofoneabout 5 years ago

I love the series and am glad you are continuing it. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Brilliant writing as always, can hardly wait for the next chapter. Thanks for all your work and sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOVE IT

great continuation love all of the stories can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

So happy to see a continuation of the Shepard series. They are a wonderful read!

ChrisTheCrookChrisTheCrookabout 5 years ago

I hadn't checked your profile for some time but when I finally did I knew I was in for a treat: a new Shepherd story and two chapters for Satyr Play. Thanks a lot.

It seems almost comical how quickly Ben gets himself (and his friends) into trouble without even trying. :-)

Let's hope you'll find time to continue the story. I'd like to find out how well Evelyn fits in the neighbourhood.

VagabondwriterVagabondwriterabout 5 years ago
Keep it up

Love you're stories.

Jsam197Jsam197about 5 years ago
Time for part 2?

Time for part 2, please?

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
ch 2?

yes more please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Outstanding Series

This is an excellent addition to the Ben Shepard saga. Cannot wait for next segment to be posted. Thank you.

BAnde53507BAnde53507about 5 years ago
Ben Shepherd...

...everyday guy, with the life of a spy! I love how trouble keeps finding him. He must be ridiculously rich by now. Keep the stories coming.

P.S. Trish is such a bad ass. Fellow spy she is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
More Please!

MORE PLEEEEEEEASE. Love your stories!

ausvirgoausvirgoabout 5 years ago
Love it.

"Accepting a weapon into their home"

Doesn't he realize that they've already got a weapon in their home?

Trish is clearly a weapon, and a formidable one at that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best word ever

I am now frequently using the word Nerdvana. Thank you for the contribution to my geek vocabulary!

I see a lot of parallels between the Ben Shepherd cast and the Ed Walters cast feom that trilogy. Gabrielle and Rachel, Zoe and Trish, Rachel/Grace and Tina/Lisa, etc.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Better and Better

This whole series is wonderful escape for me, I just enjoy reading it so much. It seems like you could go on forever with it.

Geon54Geon54almost 5 years ago
Gotta love her

"Mmmm... hey, you ever do it in the back of a police car?" (Trish) chuckled.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 4 years ago
I love this series

You're one of my favorite authors. Such a great plot on top of great erotica. Please keep it going

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Did I miss a chapter?

Sorry, but is there a piece of this story missing? A Shepherd Afield ended on something of a cliffhanger with the ex seemingly rearing her head. I only get to page 3 here and have to ask who are all these new characters being referenced? Gretchen? An episode in Australia hinted at in previous series seems to have occurred but I can't find it. Someone please enlighten me.

OmniferisOmniferisover 4 years ago
Annonamous 11/13/19

There are 5 chapters in Afield. And the newer people come in to the stories around the middle of those chapters up to the end of ch.5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Decent

Pretty good story, but all bad guys were male.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Best Yet?

Probably the best Shepherd segment yet, certainly the most exciting. I have enjoyed the new characters, especially Liliya and her little daughter Rose, and hope you will be able to keep her alive at least through the next Chapter! The new Army tech & support person, Evelyn, certainly looks to have a promising future in the Story, especially with her shortage of "people skills!" And I also enjoyed your toning down Ben's prolific and robust sexual activities. What you left in were just fine. And now onto Part 02, to find out what Ben is now going to do with his (potentially) Billions in inherited wealth, and what became of the diamonds? Thanx again for the Great Read! PapaGolf414.

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 3 years ago

So, will we see Ben & the ladies in a Wasteland Weekend event down the road?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love how BR is expanding his story lines to include International Intrigue.

Captain Kilpatrick mentioned that Ben’s deck is so strong that you could land an assault helicopter in it. I wonder if this deck will be used by a helicopter in Part 2 to either mount an attack on Ben or a rescue mission.

Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I mean they know some guy wants them and Trish gets up and runs alone first thing next morning after club threat. 100% stupid. Haven’t read past that yet just couldn’t believe you would think that what people should do. Just a fight then ok but a crime boss type wants them and they are stupid enough not think anything about it. Come on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just I as I thought they grabbed trish. This is very stupid, what the fuck do you call this it not a chapter or a book is it a section I don’t know, part you have written. It doesn’t make any sense that she would go by herself with a threat out their. Especially knowing how this could torment Ben if something happens. Trish needs to go. Maybe you knock her off too, oh and a big fuck you for Gretchen, but Trish is selfish. Maybe if this was in the first stories of Ben it would have come across better. I think I will leave shepherd stories unfinished. This really turned from loving people story to James Bond crap. It’s cool early but it’s same stuff a lot I’m not reading how this attack will work and I’m not going to. Thanks for trying

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And in the middle of Trish tied up scene you want to give full description of how bad guess assistant looks not just a quick impression for us. No it has be all the sexy lines and other bullshit that we don’t need or give a damn about at the moment.

RamazaRamazaover 2 years ago

Is this part of the Shepherd tales coming as a book on amazon?? I bought the 3 first ones, but would like to complete the collection as ebooks

JimDiamondJimDiamondabout 2 years ago

It is fantasy after all, but this got a bit far out there. Still, I have read acclaimed spycraft fiction that was no more far out there. So I enjoyed it. AND laughed at some of the criticism...:-) So I will keep reading... Thanks

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Very well written. Thank you! 5 BIG FLUFFY STARS!

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Picking up this story and rereading it. Thought I'd commented about 2 years ago but obviously not. Another great start to a Ben Shepherd story and continuation of this excellent saga.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 2 years ago

I already follow your works and only wish my stories were half as entertaining and well written. Thanks for telling more of Ben Shepherd’s adventures. My career involved engineering, inventions and patents, so I find Ben’s work with the government both interesting and of course exciting when it brings on spy’s and criminals. I hope more stories of this nature will follow.

Woodbgood

Ironturtle87Ironturtle87almost 2 years ago

You are amazing! Please add more to your Amazon library.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok.... Three days of my life completely hooked on Ben Shepard..... But ... Did I miss a chapter? What happened to the lawsuit from his ex-wife? And he seems to have fatherd another child or two.... I am lost...

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

I can not speak highly enough about the Shepherd series of stories….as always 5 stars seems incredibly inadequate

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What is the rad? I have worked on my cars for over 50 years and never heard that word until today.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Rad?, ... I am at a loss as to where it was mentioned, but it could be short for radiator, or even radio, ... good luck with your search, ... ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

... And for 'I am lost', ... Please refer back to the last (one or two) installments of A Shephard Afield, it's all there, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not here even for the sex anymore.. just to read up on the ridiculous drama in Ben's life. Keep it up lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sheesh the journey we are being taken on is now an action movie montage XD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

RAD is indeed short for Radiator when talking about cars and trucks.

I know it was very common terminology in the 70's and 80's in eastern Canada. I don't know about anywhere else or if it is still used commonly.

Brian

upyoursixupyoursix10 months ago

I love your stories but you have a lot of inconsistencies, skipped scenes people have expected and missing words. I hope you edited these before they went to print. Like lady chapter Rainer didn't have a will and now he does? Not sure I can rate five star anymore regardless of how much I love your plot lines

JimGeeJimGee10 months ago

For those wondering about the "gaps" prior to the start of this, parts 4 and 5 of A Shepherd Afield are not linked to the end of part 3 (as is usual) and it's necessary to go back to the author's bibliography to access them

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Wow, I am so glad I don't have to wait for part 2.... great story. Thank you.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Well, working my way through the third time around this wonderful story of Ben and his life! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks once again BRS!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Does no one else see how monumentally STUPID it is for Trish to go running the morning after being assaulted by German mobsters? NO ONE IS THAT STUPID!! I'm done. If that is the only way you can cause problems for the hero, then just stop.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

*** another 5 star chapter *** now Ben needs to address the many ladies in his life, and to reassure them, .... with lots of hot monkey sex, ... or more restrained and loving copulations, ....

--- They have Hot Tubs and BBQ's, a 5-level play zone / ball pit with a top deck for scenic BBQ's, ... SUV's, trucks, and mini vans, and the very inventive Ben Shepherd has lots of money in the bank, and he owns a lot of Ashburn Courts homes, .... a very comfortable neighborhood, ... lovely, in spite of all the snow shoveling and leaf raking, .... carry on sir, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The author has a completely unrealistic idea of how the US military works. First lieutenants don’t get promoted to captain and take over colonel’s duties. Corporals aren’t responsible for evaluating technical documents while also being Ranger-trained killers. [Corporal is a just one rank higher than private first class.]

A little basic research would have vastly improved Redstone’s writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure what the last poster means. Captain is the rank First Lieutenants are promoted to in the US Army. They can be given a Colonel’s duties particularly in specialist areas while completing the minimum in grade.

I knew a brilliant Engineer who was very proficient in the elimination of enemy combatants whe served and later was in demand and spent time all over the world in a dual role, one as a brilliant Engineer and simultaneously another far more covert.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith3 months ago

Might there be a few problems with Rose sharing Christopher's Dada?? And just how long will Rose's Mother take to come back to her very young daughter, ... all this and more needs to be resolved in future installments, ... I am so glad there's more Ben Shepherd to look forward to, ... thank you for writing this wonderful tale, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Simplicity versus the layers of a 'blooming fried onions ' of the complexed man of bronze. Now a personal assistant and bodyguard. (All that talent and rivalry for his genius needs careful handling and protection.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES