The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dante snorted at that, "No I have no desire to be Alpha at this time nor challenge you for the position. I just recently learned I was a lycan, I'm in no way ready to lead a Pack and all that comes with it. It will be a very long time before I would consider being ready for that."

Odin smiled and said, "Very true, and a very smart decision. I was just giving you a hard time anyway, I knew that wasn't on your mind. Getting back to it, we will cover that for the rest of the day, and since it's Thursday and we really can't get anything meaningful started before Monday, we're going to give you two a little honeymoon and send you on your way until Monday morning when everything kicks into high gear. Sound good?"

Dante and Lily smiled at each other, excited for a long weekend together, especially when everything sexually was still so new for them and everything else was still so new for Dante. They could tell they were both going to be extremely busy in the very near future and would treasure the time spent alone. It would also give them time to discuss the details of what they both wanted for the renovation of the Cabin, as well as to discuss what they wanted for their suite. They knew that while certain parts of the Cabin were under renovation they would have to stay at the suite instead of heading out to the Cabin on the weekends, so they wanted it to feel less like a hotel and more like their own space.

Lily responded, "Thanks Daddy, that sounds great and we appreciate it!"

With that, they all stood up and headed towards the dining room for lunch with however many of the Pack showed up that day.

***

After lunch, everyone returned to the office and sat back down, getting into the details immediately. They wanted to wrap things up quickly so Dante and Lily could get an early start on the first night of their long weekend. What it boiled down to was quite a bit for Dante and for Lily, as well as some shared responsibilities. Dante had the most, since in addition to Pack responsibilities he also had to add growing into and learning about his wolf into the mix.

Dante would spend two hours each weekday with several Pack Elders and the Pack Archivist learning the history of the Pack and the history of the lycan race, plus lycan law and culture. As he was destined to be future Alpha and almost immediately one of the top Pack Enforcers, being a trained and accomplished warrior himself, he was to spend four hours a day in physical training, in his wolf form and learning to fight as one, plus weapons training and his normal workout routine in human form to retain the conditioning he already had physically. The rest of his time would be dedicated to the Pack and its different needs as they came up until dinnertime, then the rest of the time would be his and Lily's. The Pack needs would include working on the security and defense of the compound as well as using his advanced expertise to train the Enforcers and Pack Betas, and learning from Alpha Odin how to run and lead the Pack, including many administrative details. He would be attending meetings as needed, and be involved in any work directly related to the Pack's wellbeing and Pack-wide issues along with Lily as the Alpha Heir pair, as they were now ranked second only to Alpha Odin and Madame Alpha Victoria.

As for Lily, she would be spending her time split between two major tasks and responsibilities. One part would be shadowing her Mother, learning how to keep the day-to-day operations of the Pack and Manor House going smoothly, and working with the various aspects of it such as running the kitchen, ordering food and supplies, cleaning the Manor House, repairs, and everything else it took to keep the Pack and the Manor House running like a well-oiled machine. The other half would be spent working with her Father, learning to take over running the business corporation that ran their mining operations and their cattle ranch that had nearly 125,000 acres and was one of the largest and most profitable ranches in America. (Needless to say, they were not among the ranchers who had objected to the return of wolves to Yellowstone.) She would use her law degree to represent Pack interests and learn to run the business. Lastly, she would spend three hours a day in Enforcer training as well, and she hoped she could work it out at least sometimes to do that with her mate. She would undergo weapons and combat training as well as weight lifting and running. She was going to be Madame Alpha and her mate was a born warrior; so no way would she ever hold him back, and she would do anything to protect her mate, their young, and the Pack. She was determined to be well-prepared should any such occasion arise. And of course she would be by Dante's side for any Pack-related issues or meetings, as one half of the Alpha Heir pair. After dinnertime was hers to spend with Dante of course, but the days were going to be long and busy for a while.

Once everything was wrapped up, Dante and Lily headed back to their suite, packed what they wanted to take with them and loaded up the Chevelle before pointing it towards their Cabin. Dante did remember to grab his acoustic guitar, as he wanted to play some romantic music to a certain someone this weekend at the Cabin. A few minutes later they pulled onto the main road and Dante opened her up and took off down the road.

*****

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a slower one but necessary. Please comment and vote and I would love to hear some feedback on the chapter as well as the whole series so far so make sure you leave something in the comments section!

12