All Comments on 'The Six O'clock News Slot'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 257 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Exemplary

Pace, dialogue, plot, everything simply superb. Thanks for a smart, fun, captivating and enjoyable read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Excellent!

In a way I'm sorry the author didn't show more of Carol's POV. She was a " star" afterall , or at least that's what she thought. That would have been the cherry on the sundade.

STILL , so many other things were spot on: brisk narrative , sympathetic narrator, interesting setting and innovative,effective action involving technology (I know little about but would like to understand) to the galling problem at hand! A great read that takes chances yet isn't sordid .*****

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
Excellent job

Great story, I loved it

tennmactennmacover 12 years ago
Carol

Would love to see a f/u from Carol's point of view. Outstanding story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Atta way to go!!!!

Great!!! A LW tale where the husband is not a cuckolded wimp. Bless you author; and keep 'em coming.

cloacascloacasover 12 years ago
Idiotic premise

The premise, that a married anchor of a news show in a Southern city, would have any leverage at all in a divorce case when she's having an affair with her co-anchor is ridiculous. Put aside all the crap that follows, she can't have that exposed. Her married co-anchor can't either.

But then you decide to make your lead into a dickhead who is both too stupid to say to his wife the freaking obvious truth and then is such an egotistical asshole that he feels just great destroying the mother of his children in public.

The primary role of the father in a family is to raise and protect his children. Great example: father damages his children's psyche and demonstrates complete childish behavior.

In many of these dumb fantasies lately, men are portrayed as doting fathers without a fucking clue about how their selfish, childish actions would destroy a child's life.

Just_Simply_MeJust_Simply_Meover 12 years ago
A Superb Piece of Writing!

An excellent plot with great character development combined with strong emotional content that was paced well and thoughtfully brought to an most suitable conclusion. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Please update your Biography so that we might learn more about you! As it stands presently is it very vague. Providing us with more info about yourself would be much appreciated.

This is the first piece of your writing that I have read. It was so well done that I plan on reading all of your writing. I also look forward to reading any future works you may submit here!

Take care & Thanks for all of your efforts in creating this piece and submitting them here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nicely Done

An honest man who loves and believes in his wife, their marriage and - of course - it takes a lot of emotional insecurity for him to try and get a grip on things.

Still, not even thinking about her possible infidelity, it takes an actual physical confrontation for him to realize that the woman he loved was gone - horrors.

What turned it for me was her going straight to the green room and getting right to it. A real finish was her condescending attitude about 'live with it'...where the hell was the young love and fidelity that brought them together. How he managed not to abuse her is beyond me.

Good story, I'm surprised she didn't accept an offer in the Porn community - given her TV appearance, her attitude and the fact that her character and conduct was so well known.

Thanks for a good story. Getting Missy with him in the end was a stretch - but a good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Where's the beef?

I thought I had cued Literotica not some Lifetime TV crap. Where is the fucking and sucking? Not a story to be listed

under LW. Even too tepid and bland for Cosmo

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
CLOACAS your review is pretty fucking stupid

this is very good story...in fact ALL of this authors stories are pretty darn good.

tell the wife that he had a video of her fucking her co anchor does NOTHING to solve the main conflict...

which was that she relly hated TOM

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
OLD NEWS IS LIKE TOILET PAPER

but even that had its use once. You have had 6 stories, all were great and in good form. This was a huge change from "MIZ SARA" CHRONICLES. I think you have untold potential as an AUTHOR while you can always use MS has a fall back in case you ever develop writers block. RESPECTFULLY TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Luved this one and your other stories. Keep em coming.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
I have to admit I don't understand cloacas' problem with the story. I liked most of it very much.

I thought the ending was a little soft and way too forgiving, but I can understand the effort to keep the parental bonds with the cheating slut of a mother.

All in all it was a solid story and I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
a little long

but a real good read. i liked the reconnect with the x not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good story but lacking some factual legal information

in the first place, the Tom and Missy would have grounds to sue the station under sexual harassment laws since the sexual misconduct in the workplace created a hostile environment for the spouses of those involved. Secondly, Alabama is one of the few jurisdictions which recognizes Alienation of Affections as grounds for suit. Therefore Tom would have had grounds for suit against Ted for alienation and Missy would have grounds for suit against Caroline.

Since the fallout from Ted and Caroline's affair also caused the ad agency to basically terminate Tom without cause, he would also have grounds against the ad agency for wrongful termination and sexual harassment since the station was a client of the ad agency and their failure to supervise Caroline and Ted properly created a hostile and intimidating work environment for Tom.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
No shrink can heal the flaw in the character of Carol

So her former husband, Susan and Missy are better off without frequent contact with her.

Nicely written story (5* from me!). But when can I read the next Miz Sarah story? I am addicted to that stuff!

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
The Ending

I certainly enjoyed this story, and was going to give it a 5 star rating,but downgraded to 4 stars because the ending where he ends up with the ex-wife of his ex-wife's lover is too trite and even predictable.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Very Good Story

Interesting plot line and very clever way for the husband to get out of the "you're totally screwed" box. I'm very surprised at cloacas' comments - don't make sense to me. Hubby and friend basically hoisted Ted and Carol on their own petards, which was well deserved. Well written and interesting story with a credible and romantic ending.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Very good writing

An interesting read. It was different enough not be totally run of the mill. I'm not sure what all the hoopla is about concerning certain less than accurate instances of any story. With fictional stories, although facts add some sense of realism, it isn't always warranted or wanted. This story is well written and very expressive, and perfect as is. After all, perfection is relative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Very enjoyable, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

As others have pointed out, his attorney should have advised him that he has all the cards. She is a public figure who would not want the publicity. The station also has a lot to lose.

A quiet negotiation may not be as satisfying, but would lead to long term better results. He could be divorced, have custody, and set with money. Now if only his attorney had been Miz Sarah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
really good read

nice story and all, very well written, good plot, nice drama.

I like that a lot the only question I have is: where in this story of a suffering husband and a badly hurt kid can you find the erotic part?

as I sad no critisim to your writing, compared to you I'm an idiot when it comes to tell a story but as my teacher often told me: mission failed I asked you to write about gardening and you wrote about an Indy 500 race.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I miss Miss Sarah

Great story, but I miss Miss Sarah. Your unorthodox legal strategy was much more entertaining than an action for alienation of affection. Thanks for writing.

rjordanrjordanover 12 years ago
What a great day!

A Rehnquist story and a FrancisMacomber story on the same day!

I gotta say, I was a little disappointed in the almost Literotica cliche of the cheated husband and cheated wife ultimately getting married. I said out loud to myself when I first had the thought, "OH NO!" But the story is clever and well written even if Miz Sara is off on other cases.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Custody crap

Any half good lawyer knows that it is Not always given to the mother but the parent best suited for the welfare of the kid. If mom is a workaholic and never has time for the kids and dad is a decent sort with plenty of time and a steady job, then there is absolutely no reason to expect him to be denied custody. Yes, it helps the plot for the tramp, but it is quite silly.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Wonderful and well thought out story

What a great treat it was to read this terrific saga. Dramatic and droll. Taut and hot. A lot of plot. Very tense and good use of tenses, whew! Much betta written than what I just right. Huh? Seriously I am so impressed with this writers storytelling talents. Great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice Work!

Thanks so much for your efforts! Great story.

mcwiiimcwiiiover 12 years ago
Brilliant

As a prior poster mentioned, both your story and Rehnquist on the same day is almost an embarassment of riches. Thank you.

Mac

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
another hit, you on your way to the top

nice way to slap a slut down, and he did it with some class

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A very nice story that ended well

Extremely believable characters, and the author has a way of making the reader have sympathy for the underdog character. Nicely done.

A heart warming and interesting story throughout, and a well thought out storyline.

Thanks for the good read

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 12 years ago
great stuff

well written

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
Well done, Mr. Macomber

I would've like a bit more on Carol's conflict and conscience, but that's a plot choice. You keep writing, I'll keep reading.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 12 years ago
Great

Great story yet again!! Your tales very effectively fill the void while i wait fior DQS to continue.... Think i've forgotten the title of his new novella. Nice touch with the video edited cyber attack on our two villains. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Non-Erotic

In Non-Erotic I'd give it four stars (well, not entirely true, as I don't read non-erotic), but as a Loving Wives tale, it's one star. The name of the site is LitEROTICA folks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thanks

Good story. For folks with u on the categories. I would like to see a new one called DRAMA.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

I liked it. I've always liked "hoist by their own petard" stories, and this was one.

Well-written and entertaining.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Really good read!

There is a reason readers leave anonymous comments. One of them is because the don't want others to know who they are when they expose their own stupidity.

While it is true this is Literotica, the site has evolved and so have the categories.

The administrators of this site have determined that they don't want to narrow what is in the Loving Wives category. So that means anything goes. There doesn't even need to be a wife.

I like this story a lot. It had Good flow. It had a good plot. And it had good character development. With some dialog between the characters it made for a good read. Certainly better than most on this site.

I wish I could give it a 10 just to cancel out the moron that is too afraid to sign-in but has to leave a stupid comment.

Thanks for your stories!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!!!!

You write some very entertaining stories. Thanks for a great read!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another wonderful story,

One of the best on this site so far. Keep up the good work and write another good one soon. Cheers.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Seriously Cloacas?

In the words of Robin; Holy Atomic Pile Batman (Cloacas). Those who live in glass houses...

I just read your comment and then decided to see if you knew what you were talking about. So I navigated to your link and read The Middle Case.

Talk about stupid premises. Really, a cheating wife is discovered because her husband finds out his wife is cheating because she keeps a list of the times and places she has cheated in a notebook and hides it under the seat in her car?

There has never been a perfect story.

Did you ever see Raiders of the Lost Ark? A really popular movie. It is still ranked between the #10 and #50 in lists of top movies.

Remember when Harrison Ford jumped ship to the submarine. Ever wonder how he got to the island with the Germans? He held on to the periscope for hundreds of miles. How stupid is that? (As a Film Buyer I saw the unfinished film.)

As Harry said, all the stories by this author have been very good.

I enjoyed some of your stories from six years ago as well. But, I could nit pick and find a lot of things wrong with them beyond what I mentioned above.

My point in all this crap? Just enjoy a good story. If you need to criticize, make sure you know what your talking about. Or at least try to be constructive.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 12 years ago
Nice read, very enjoyable story

Your writing was well done. Good characters and excellent storyline. Pace was good. All around a 5 star writing.

Thank you for posting and allowing me to read it.

It is appreciated, please continue to post!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
cold blooded

The wife in this story was a cold blooded, ball busting, ruthless bitch. Her husband was far more forgiving and kind hearted than I would have been. If ever a scorched earth response is warranted, it was in this case. I don't know how he could stand to look at her again.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Truly Amazing Woman

This gal went off the deep in and was lost in a fantasy world!

Extremely well written and fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
cloacas of the cave

When you come out of that cave you'll see there is a lot of crazy shit that goes on in this world and anyone who has been around has seen situations that make this story look tame.

It is clear to those of us who have successful and well adjusted children (I have 5) that hubby's actions are above reproach and demonstrate model parenting in every respect. His thoughtful and measured reactions are sterling examples of behavior the sane among us want to see in our children.

Cave dwelling turds wish he had killed everyone or developed a taste for creampies or ran away for a decade. Real parents who understand real life (not cave life or some alternate reality) applaud the hubby's behavior and recognize its unmitigated benefit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
after reading the comments on cloacas' pre-nup story

I'm pretty sure he is DWmoronic - probably just got drunk and forgot which nickname he was logged in with

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good

but not talking to Missy before hauling ass and then getting her as realtor across the state is just too overboard.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Very Good

It is obvious, she was rabid.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
It is not super but hyper, Hyper, HYPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best revenge against a slut wife to earn the children custody. Hyper revenge story. 5 stars!

In this story the modern FIGARO was the husband's collegue.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
This is a classical revenge story.

A good classical revenge story consists of 4 parts: 1. Past of the married pairs. 2. The discover of the cheating. 3. The revenge. 4. The aftermath.

For me important the aftermath, some authors stop writting the story after the 3rd part. I glad this Author did not do this.

SalamisSalamisover 12 years ago
A compotent piece of writing

There were many aspects of this story that I enjoyed. For one, having the lovers involved as TV personalities was very realistic. Over the years we’ve had numerous news stories of shenanigans happening at our local news outlets, so reading a fictional story in this setting held my interest.

This story reminded me of a jakewho69 story involving a cheating wife having an affair with a co-worker at a TV station. In that story the lovers also become their own news story and the wife there too apologizes to her ex years later. In another LW story a TV cameraman in Atlanta catches his wife cheating, records her tryst, and then broadcasts it nationwide during a sporting event.

All of these stories rely upon public opinion to extract some measure of justice for the husband. Not surprisingly, most also take place in the South where such attitudes about fidelity are strongest.

But back to your tale; I also found it refreshing how the husband (and father) was magnanimous in his dealings with his ex-wife. The rarest quality of any character in a Loving Wives story is magnanimity. We teach our children how to be good losers, but much less often how to be good winners. When you hold all the cards, including a child, exercising compassion can never be a bad thing. In the end the ex-wife offered an apology to two of those she hurt the most.

The only elements I did not like were those making use of the standard clichés. You know, the one where the husband marries the ex-wife of his ex-wife’s lover? Is the world so constrained with eligible women that the only suitable partner is Missy? And why have the husband start a business with his friend at the end? When did he evidence such professional initiative?

Overall though, this was an entertaining piece of writing and I thank you for sharing it.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 12 years ago
this just in...

great story.

While I prefer the gentile tales of Miz Sara(h) your "wife as an unconscionable slut" stories are very entertaining.

Not sure why the lawyers on site get so worked up...I never knew they were so sensitive.

bartolobartoloover 12 years ago
great story, happy ending

There sure is a lot going on in these 6 pages. Birmingham is a pretty modern city of the south. I've recently visited with university people there and was able to spend some time in the city. I would say that the story is believable.

The author is a very good story teller. I need to examine his other postings.

BriteaseBriteaseover 12 years ago
Good oneI

Familier scénario, but an original solution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story

Good story, though I would have liked to see less exposition and more dialogue.

Carol, apart from being a cold bitch, seems too much like a cardboard cut-out character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
love your stories

keep writing, thank you

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
He is no wimp ?

Lou had to drag him all the way to his own revenge, without Lou he would have sucked Teds sperm out of Carols cunt. So much for that.

Sorry didn't like your story, because Carol was just way over the top. Somehow he never realized that his loving Wife has no human soul, morals, ethics, empathy or brains whatsoever ?

Very unlikely. No its plain that you created her in the first place as a target for revenge to please all those cuckolded ex husbands here on literotica whos only requirement to give a story 5 stars is that the wife gets canned. I mean its ok to write a revenge story, but you have to fill the characters with life. What where her motives, why did she cheat on him or more to the point, how come a supposedly loving, caring wife and mother becomes so evil, not even the emperor would take her for apprentice. Enough said or this comment has more plot than your story.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
I am not tired to explain......

@dear count2three.

1. It may be for you new the revenge story than genre. Yes during 2 millenia the cuckold husbands and wives with bastards were the main source of the humour. The great writers wrote the works beside the cheating wives. Such a World where the cruel males dominated the World and females was second items in the sociaty against the violated raw husbands. The sympathy of the great writers was understandable (from Boccaccio to Tolstoy). The famales have become equity with us and the responsible of the women are same to the family and the children as the men are nowdays.

After a divorce a good father will see his children seldom and he became a bancrupted person. I do not surprise, that the revenge stories as a new genre has arrived in the periphere of the literature with the modern "FIGARO" the smart husband or the smart friend(s) of the husband.

2. The cause is simple. The husband works on normal ordinary timetable the wife in a opposite timetable with big succes in her job. She was the breadwinner in the family. Yes there are many families where the wives are the breadwinners in the family and the pairs work opposite timetable and the family remain together this is not enaough couse, but very-very important. A selfish wife who is more succesfull than her husband could think she got frree ticket for everything. We some revenge story fans think here is the time in the literature that in some revenge stories the husband could get any recompense. This thing is similar to the crime stories majority of the reader/viewer of a crime stories like the detective/police arrested the criminal against the life where many criminals live freely. I do not like the violance revenge stories and I think to get long time prison for a cheating bitch or her lover a STUPID MAD thing and the exhusband would be cocky in the jailhouse I AM NOT WIMP when he bends to the soap....

3. Yes a woman could blacmail her husband with their common children if he wanted a divorce. This woman did it. A husband who finds himself a cold hearted bitch's trap he would become flustrated, we are not similar. Why is it problem for somebody a flustrated trapped husband has a excellent friend who was the modern "Figaro" and helped his friend to find his balls. The friendship is very big value and against some "LW" stories here he was not the wife's lover.

1. For me the most important the revenge was total (the exwife lost the custody) to the selfish cold haerted bitch (and her lover)without violance, murder and the exhusband found the happines at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Enjoyed the story!!!

I really enjoyed the story. I thought it had a great ending. Many revenge stories go overboard but it was nice to see that the first wife recovered somewhat and became a more normal person. Having the two victim spouses marry was a great touch. Really liked the Missy character. Great Story - gave it a 5.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another good story, thanks.

I don't usually like this type of story but once again I was captivated by the plot and looking forward to the next move. As these are 'short' stories, it is obvious that you cannot put too much detail behind characters and nor should you, to appease your 'critics' who wish to know the why's and wherefore's of a character. Maybe they don't realise that it's your story. I can't understand one of your critics - literally, I can't understand them!! Keep going and well done.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Brilliant

Just simply brilliant! Both the story and your writing

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 ANY ONE REMEMBER=BOB & CAROL=TED & ALICE

THE NAMES MIGHT HAVE BEEN A MINI-SPIN, BUT THIS STORY WAS AN OSCAR WINNER. TK U MLJ LV NV

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
Outstanding story!

PAPATOAD and torchthebitch have been my heroes for a long time. After having read this, I may have to add you to my list! Definitely Five Stars!!!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Very Nicely Done

I was engaged the whole story.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Marvelous!

What more can be said than absolute perfection! I had to give this one the full five stars, something I rarely do. The writing was beautifully done, the plot was interesting and absorbing, and the characters were wonderfully fleshed out. The husband in the story behaved perfectly under the circumstances he faced. He protected himself and his daughter, got the best he could from the legal system, and got a well deserved revenge. His revenge was, by the way, just about given in the perfect amount. He did not physically harm his wife, he took away the two things most important to her, and finally he forced her to understand the consequences of her selfish behaviour. Bravo to you and I look forward to reading more of your material. You have a gift!

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Well written, but silly and improbable

I like your writing style. I also liked the tact the husband took-original and clever. But, some of the assertions/assumptions are internally inconsistent, silly and improbbable. First, there is no reason to think that the wife would get custody of the daughter if the couple divorced. Sounds like both parents had more or less equal "parenting time" with her, so the presumption would be joint physical custody (perhaps alternate weeks, etc.). If so, the wife would suffer more in terms of career, as she would not be in a position to move to another, bigger, market without giving up her custody. Second, assuming that the wife would normally win custody; the fact that she was busted and embarrassed for cheating, etc., would not change that result. So, the "revenge" would have had no impact on a custody determination in a no-fault jurisdiction. Third, the author didn't do a good job of showing the transition from a loving wife and mother to a super-cold, self-centered, immoral bitch. The wife seemed to have loved the husband a lot (college-breakup story, etc.), and had a very young daughter. She didn't even entertain the idea of leaving the husband for the other man. She was saddened that the husband found out and was hurt. Given that, how could she be so cold and calculating to essentially say: "I want to cheat, I'm going to continue to cheat no matter how much it hurts you, I'll do it for as long as I want to, now that you know about it I will do it right in front of you, and you can't do anything about it or I'll take your daughter from you." That is a huge inconsistency and a drastic reaction that is not adequately explained. The one story like this I have read on this site that had a similar sort of cold approach from ""loving wife that was able to explain the wife's thought process in some sort of intelligible way was "Blood from a Turnip." This story failed to do that, which makes it very hard to understand and even harder to suspend the disbelief required to make any kind of emotional investment in the characters or story.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
A "modern Figaro" type revenge story

I think the revenge stories are a wider category and against the hater majority of them are vithout violance. This type I call "modern Figaro" type revenge stories.

Some others as this is:

1. itmgr2010 "Black & Tan Blues Ch. 04"

2. beermaker "Dawn: A Cheating Slut Wife"

3. murphy621 "Melanie's Chinese Take Out Dinner"

4. likegoodwine "No Strings Attached"

5. Just Plain Bob "A Dish Served Cold"

6. curious2c "Was She Ever My Wife?"

7. OldHideki "How Does it Feel to be a Cuckold?"

8. lucksmith "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime"

Other type without violance revenge stories I call them "romantic revenge" stories.

Very interesting, sometimes the readers do not recognize they read a romantic revenge story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
who let Duna out of the looney bin again?

fer crissakes keep the dang door shut or he gets out and goes bonkers on Lit. normal meds in non-lethal doses no longer work and new more potent drugs are still being tested. until then, don't let him near a keyboard!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE PRICE FOR SUCCESS

is a lot higher than the price of success. TK U MLJ LV NV

coolpencoolpenover 12 years ago
Process vs content

A good story but most of all, so well written.

Unlike other comments here I have no problem with the plot or the technicalities of divorce proceedures; after all, isn't an author allowed to stretch reality? That's what a stroy is!

It doesn't matter how good a plot is or how technically correct it is, if it's bady written then it's unreadable but this is well written and entirely readable.

The plot worked well and the denouement of Carol and Ted ran at just the right pace to keep the story galloping along.

Should there have been a sex scene between Tom and Missy? For this story it didn't matter but with writing of this quality I'd have loved to have read all about it :)

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
nice read

well written - stayed up an hour late to read it all.

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
ever notice

ever notice when someone slams another's comment or the author they are anaughtymouse.

as for this tale,downright liked it.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
All through the second reading, I was ready to give it a "5."

I laughed when I got to the end and found that I'd already given it a "5" the first time.

Great work.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I read it again

And I appreciated some of the details in a very competent piece of writing.

If you do not know the world of broadcasting, you either did a lot of research, or you faked it enough to pass my sniff test. It oozed versimilitude, from the window in the Green Room, to the name of the microphone, to the crewing of the evening show and the schedules of television personalities.

I appreciated the fact that as the good Judge has often said, there are no winners in divorce, only someone who loses less. The husband did not go unscathed away from this with the loss of his job. The only thing missing was people pointing to the husband because of the publicity, making him uncomfortable. That is one of the prices paid by taking your dirty laundry public but is a mere quibble.

Unlike some here, I do not feel it ran long or was overly wordy. I cannot seem to write long stories and I found the length to be genuinely perfect. Enough exposition to outline the plot, enough description of the people and locations to give you a feel of the scene changes, and enough internal monolouge to give you a sense of the emotion and conflict of the narrator.

Which brings up another matter. How do you add a lot of blatantly erotic material to this to satisfy the spankmonkies? The only way is to have the hubby happily sitting next to the green room, watching his wife go full inflagrante delicto with the walking penis which didn't fit with the character and didn't fit within the time constraints of the story. It would require a POV change or a news organization catching the two fucking, which would be illegal and also lead to a short scene.

However the description the author provided was perfect, with the description of lighting and contrasts. My imagination can fill in the rest of the necessary, thank you very much.

My major problem was with the title. It was too relevatory and added to it's predictability. There is little one can do to avoid a fully predictable story, but it took away what little tension remained in some ways.

I have to say I can't dismiss clocas' words totally. A woman, a mother, a public figure has to keep her eyes on her reputation at all times. But people get full of themselves so I will give this a pass. If people didn't make mistakes, how would we write stories? And her choices were not so egregious as to defy suspension of disbelief. Or maybe I just want to believe someone could act that way.

Regards

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
I truly enjoyed the outcome -

The journey was perilous and painful though - you used a very extreme antagonist in Carol - vicious and beyond selfish -

Nicely written and an almost nuclear response heh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very very good

This story resonates well with me, since I am in the advertising business myself and know the power of viral. Sad to see dreams go to dust, but he is better off withoutthe 6 'O clock slut

Fridayschild

thebulletthebulletabout 12 years ago
very good, but..

so many of these LW stories have the husband landing on his feet with a new woman almost immediately, invariably a better one.

I'm thinking of encouraging my wife to cheat on me so I can dig up a better one on the rebound, if that's the way it actually works.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

@ thebullet

1. I think for the revenge story Authors is very very important the aftermath or longer epiloge, where the main characters find second wives/mates. The against the revenge stories is the accusation, that these stories are misogynis stories. The second woman mates/girl friends/wives are very good evidance against this accusitions.

Much majority of these stories are anti slut/beatch/whore wives stories and these are not misogynis stories.

2. The divorce demographic statistics data show: Marriages were more succesful, when the both spouses are above 25 years old at wedding. So there are statistic foundations, that the second woman will be the true...........

DuNA

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
Superb

This is among the best of the Loving Wife stories I've read.

Great effort on your part. Thanks for writing it.

Regards,

-Pultoy

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
Great Story

I actually liked that there was spillover onto the husband, and that he lost his job. I found the story very realistic, and the wife completely deserved the fall that she had brought upon herself. She was so full of herself, that she could never believe that her betrayal would be met with such a scorched earth response. Well done, and Thank You.

Indy22Indy22almost 12 years ago
We call him Harry the Hypocrite!

Harry you are so inconsistent with your reviews that it laughable.

For example you write about this author's stories:

"Many of your early stories actually mde my stomach turn they was so bad and so convoluted".

and

"All what's left is the husband's pain. Well that and the agony of having to read another idiot story from this author"

and

"Like most of this authors stories... This one has the potential to be a good story but you can always count on this particular author fucking it up in the end because he doesn't follow the basic rulles about writing stories. "

and now

"CLOACAS your review is pretty fucking stupid

this is very good story...in fact ALL of this authors stories are pretty darn good."

Let's face it Harry, you have no credibility. Why don't you just slink back into your bottle?

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
on second thought...Cloacas made an excellent point.

It was the husband who was holding all of the cards in a situation like this --- where the wife is a public figure who could be (and eventually was) brought down by negative publicity.

Still like the story, but the overall concept did have a hole that one could drive a truck through.

And this story followed Loving Wives Pattern #2--where the cheated upon spouses ended up with each other while the cheating spouses get nothing but grief.

Does that actually ever happen in real life?

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
and by the way...

cloacas' story "The Middle Case" is one of the better LW stories on this site, regardless of what some other poster says in retaliation of Cloacas not loving this story.

Some stories are just too cerebral for the average LW crowd. No offense intended.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Hmm

I don't understand why the husband didn't sue the tv station for not enforcing their moral clause in their contract? Especially after the husband learned that everyone knew what was going on...I don't understand why the husband didn't sue his former employer for wrongful termination? They can't just fire him! His lawyer seems like a complete moron, why didn't his lawyer suggest he sue his wife lover as well? I'd make them pay!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Too much revenge succes would have spoilt the story's proportions.........

@ Danger09 I think this revenge was enough for this story and the too much revenge succes would have spoilt the fantastic roundness and proportionsof this story. I AM GLAD AND SPECIAL THANK FOR THE AUTHOR BECAUSE HE WROTE THE EXWIFE's REMORSEFUL SCEN ON THE JOHN WAYNE AEROPORT. That scan assist his daughter's connection to her biological mother. Once more thank you for it.

It may be the true life a good attorney would have w much money from this infidelity, but I think the story became better the succesful child custody as the exact level punishment. The Hungarian joke may be good for a true life divorce lawyer: "To make mistake is attribute of human being" The hedgehog said himself and he was geting off from the washing brush.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Apology

I am sorry I am not hedgehog, exactly: ...............That scen could assist his daughter's connection to her biological mother........................It may be the true life a good attorney would have won much money from this infidelity, but I think the story became better the succesful child custody as the exact level punishment...........

Northern_WriterNorthern_Writeralmost 12 years ago
Good Read

I really enjoyed this story, but I do agree with two comments made by others: First, it seems like a bit of a stretch that the wife would not be aware of her vulnerability as a public figure, though I guess we can asked to suspend disbelief on this one point. Secondly, the bigger problem for me is the hero ending up with Missy, that was way too cliché. Having docked you 1% for each of these, your score still rounds off to 5 out of 5. Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Kind of scary but is "duna" retarded or mentally challenged?

Cuz, no other explanation would justify that idiots irrational comments. Seriously, WTF is wrong with that fag?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
duna is considered 'well read' in

afghanistan, everywhere else he is considered a blithering idiot worthy of both our pity and ridicule.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
It May Be Anything......Because you are Anons

@ Anons Are one of you a loverboy and the other of you a willing cuckold? Are one of you a cheating husband with a married woman and the husband of your lover shoot your genital by weapon and the physicians did not help on you.........................The husband is in prison, but small thing is, because you have not already got any genital organ.................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Duna is not considered well read anywhere

He is as intellectually deficient as he is socially inept and emotionally stunted. He is as harmless as the guy standing on the street corner babbling. Some retards are dangerous, some are amusing, Duna is neither. Ignore him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Re- Duna cretinism! Well said PPP.

This carbuncle should have been removed at birth. This is the reason why some parents eat their young.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
A little Greek Mitology

From the Greek Mytology: Kronos ate his children, but Rhea his wife saved the least child. Zeus...................

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Not only SS06 will be glad for my Assays

I do not want to let newer readers with boring and tiresome Anon naysayers comments, and stupid offends so I write a little Assay :

1. My own category the revenge stories are 3 types: Cruel Revenge Stories, Romantic Revenge Stories and Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories. The 3 main types can mix in a written story, but generaly a story has a main typical direction. What is the difference among them: The Cruel Revenge Story shows some phisical or psichical violance against the loverboys or the usage of contegous illness (HIV, STDs), drugs, poison. I prefer a less phisical damage Cruel Revenge Stories so the usage the electric shock instrument. I read some very humorous Cruel Revenge Stories where the electric shock instrument was used. UNFORTUNATELY MANY IGNORANT READERS THINK THIS TYPES STORIES ONLY REVENGE STORIES. If this sort stories would be the only I would read them, but I WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A REVENGE STORY FAN AND SUPPORTER. An example is for a good Cruel Revenge Stories: itmgr2010 " Warts & All Ch. 02". The Romantic Revenge Stories are not simple to live better with newer mate after the divorce, because this is a simple consequence story (I like them very much as well) but the Author must show the earlier spouse who do not like this new casting without her/him, or the exspouse lives in wronger circumtances. Sometime many good Author had written plus 1 page with a good epiloge and the good consequence story would have become MUCH BETTER ROMANTIC REVENGE STORY. An excellent example is StangStar06 "Love Is For Suckers". The third story type the Modern Figaro Type wants a little explanation. Beaumarchais created this character Figaro in many commedias, who uses his brain to survive in the XVIII Century elaborated life. He wrote a commedia the „Marriage of Figaro” where his employer the Count gives up the old feudal law the „juss prime noctis” for the brides of the peasant husbands, but the Count wants the bride of Figaro. Figaro uses good tricks and the good oportunity to save his future marriage and he saves his well paid (we are in the XVIII Century) job at the Count TOGETHER. Mozart wrote an excellent opera with assisting DaPonte from this commedia. Another Figaro commedia was used for Rossini „Barber of Sevilla”, where Figaro used tricks to help the Count and he became the empoyee of the Count . Good tricks, good tricks, which may be out or in the law, but the Modern Figaro avoid the meeting with the police. I calls this sort of stories Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories instead of Smart Husband Stories, because sometime the Modern Figaro is the friend(s) of the husband as it was in this story.

2. I think we should find some family life method when the wife is the more succesful or the breadwinner. It may be it is not the best solution to chose for a succesful wife to humilate her husband, because as a Hungarian way of saying says „she was flown by her own horse” and she could fell off from her saddle to the ground. When the husband discovered the cheating she thought she has strong card with their children and threating with the cleaners. She behaved a too dimensioned evil personality to her husband, when was the confrontation. Yes the husband was without any idea what he could do after so impertinent humiliation. Sometime a good friend the trigger to push through the emotional shock. In this story , his friend was this, but he (wife of his friend) were who invented tricks which trapped the COCKY cheating wife and helped the exhusband earned the child custody as well.

3. I think for the majority of the women to earn the custody is the biggest punishment. First, because the majority of the women have motherly instict and lost children custody at once suffer for them. However the lost custody is a 2 steps payback, because the children will be teeneger they recognize soon, why the father got the custody……………..

4. Many Authors would have stopped at that end, but this Author wrote other ending luckily, so the evil shrew (exwife) was shown she became human being again in Los Angeles.

Yes It may be low percent likelyhood that, the 2 betrayed spouses start new marriage with eachothers in the living life. However so the Author got a good oportunity to show the John Wayne aeroport scen, where the exwife could be remorseful to both betrayed exspouses. This writer invent WAS SUPER IDEA, because the writer could show so good in this story, the exact level punished woman becomes human being, which is important for the for the readers to be remorseful for both betrayed exspouses. The Author mixed little Romantic Revenge panel the fantastic super Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story, the mixing increased the story to be better. BTW a better connection between the co parents are important for the child. The story became more round shape with this scen. The last scen with the advertising campain is a good tiny humor……………

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Apology

I am sorry I try again this sentence .....which is important for the readers to be seen the remorseful wife for both betrayed exspouses.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Apology 2nd

I am sorry .....a remorseful exwife.................

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 12 years ago
Bitch...

I absolutely hated the wife in this story. In the end, her husband was much kinder than I would have been. the ending changed it from 5 stars to 4.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 12 years ago
dickhead

Cloacas should try pulling his head out of his ass! What a stupid comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
queer eye

for the cuckeye

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Friendly discuss

@ hawkeye0007 I wrote in my many comments: If the pair has common children the 100 % whole revenge is a wrong idea. He got the exact level payback with the child custody and she was destryed as a media pesonality for decads. I think the last Los Angeles scen (Romantic Revenge Situation) increased the story value. We should think of the interest of the children. Susan got a good stepmother, but she will be important a connaction with her far living biological Mother. I think itmgr2010's (also a Modern Figaro Type and his friends helped the main character) revenge story "Black & Tan Blues ch 04" is high level for me, because the ending of the story. It is very interesting in itmgr2010's story the exhusband earned the custody, there was a good stepmother and the exhusband helped to rebuild his daughter's connection with his exwife.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 HOW IN THE HELL COULD THE GRASS BE GREENER

when you are in the middle of an alfalfa bluegrass field. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous