All Comments on 'The Spy Wore Petticoats'

by Colleen Thomas

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ah, who needs to sleep...

...when I can stay up reading this amazing story? Came across it accidentally when I pulled up your submissions to re-read some of my favorites and saw this new one before it was even posted in New Stories. As usual, simply amazing. It's as involving and entertaining as all your others.

My only complaint is that I will be bleery-eyed and drowsy all day at work tomorrow but it's a small price to pay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ooops

Odd to leave a PC on your own work, but I accidentally left out a thanks to Oggsbashgan for his generous help with the historical parts of the work, particularly the segment set in the UK.

-Colly

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a tour de force

did not care for the gay bits, but yet a fascinating story.

a true transgender historical tale. i would have expected to read it in Bigcloset, FictionMania or Saphires place, but not here.

kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful, exciting, wonderful

I am in awe of your talent and the way you turn a phrase, write a scene, create a dialogue. This is ART, and for once, I am in full agreement with the green E. Well deserved and well worth the time it takes to read. Congrats.

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaover 18 years ago
Wow!

Absolutely amazing! I just read the entire thing beginning to end, and the only thing that I didn't like was that it ended. Beautifully crafted and written. Of course reading a Collen Thomas story with male genitalia was a bit odd, but who's complaining? :)

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Engrossing

I was unable to stop reading. What a flowing, intricate and delightful tale. Erotic sex mixed with politics, intrigue and carefull growth in human observation. Truly an outstanding read and a pleasure. Thank you

R_AscalR_Ascalover 18 years ago
A Fabulous Story

This was a fabulous story. I settled down to read it late last night and was kept up past the witching hour because I couldn't put it down before I'd finished. TG is not a genre I ordinarily read, nor do I have any time for MM sex. I was attracted to the story originally because of its having a historical setting. Its length was also a positive for me. Unlike many others who comment on this site, I prefer long stories to short one. I'm really glad I gave it a try. In the context of the story I even found the MM sex to be mildly erotic. Who'd a thunk? I note that most of your other stories are fall into the Lesbian Sex category, another genre that I usually avoid. Such was the quality of the writing in this one though, that I think I'll try reading some of these too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I Think This is the Best Written Story I've Read

This has to be the most well written story I've read from Literotica because it was more than a cum maker. I was engaged from the very start to all the way to the end. Hats off to the author.

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 18 years ago
I love this story

I love it more every time I read it, and I've read it four times now. It's impossible to resist. The characters are so warm, so memeorable, and so human that one expects to look up from the page and have them pass the wine bottle. There are so many moving characterizations and wonderful interplays that it's a joy to see. This succeeds as a novel on every level, and not merely the erotic - which is intensely well done and leaves one absolutely begging for each new scene. The mental development of the central character is gripping and especially beautiful; the author has taken a topic that has been done wrongly a thousand times and done it perfectly, perfectly right. It's a beautiful story on so many levels, and one ends with characters one rather thinks of as friends. I defy anyone to read the first page and then stop; it's much too engrossing.

Happy TrailsHappy Trailsover 18 years ago
I read the first page, got to the end and saw

all the rest of those many many pages and sighed, but read the second one, and the rest flew. You had me in the head of a man dressed as a woman and loving every second of it. Fantastic read. My hats off to you, if you couldn't sell this to someplace like Ellora's Cave then they don't have brains worth worrying over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You had me once again

My boyfriend now hates me because I decided to stay readding insted of going out with him. It must be a very, very good tale to keep me from seeing him... what do you think??

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
A fine piece of writing

In spite of much of the sexual content being outside my preferences, I could not help but be drawn into the story.

So many characters so well fleshed out. Such a fine feel for the intrigues of the time.

One could hear the music of the balls, the clopping of the horse hooves as they travelled, the clash of swords, the swish of the sails.

A marvelous piece of work.

Well done, Colleen!

AJetSetterAJetSetterabout 18 years ago
She's bloody brilliant!

I just cannot imagine how any literary agent could let Colly get away without a contract in hand from reading any one of her stories, but if one lets her get away after this one, they need their heads examined...thoroughly. This one tops the charts. The history...accurate, the characters... rich and abundant in personality, the writing...simply amazing. Colly, each piece gets better and better, don't know how you'll top this, but I've no doubt you shall.

xoxo Solnishka!

RebeccaLeahRebeccaLeahabout 18 years ago
Third time reading it through...

And I'm still in awe of how much it, and your skill in a totally new area, grew. Colly, this is truly amazing work. I remember reading the first opening and the begining of the trip, and I'm actually glad I didn't get to read much more in segments. It started very well, but got better and better as you wrote it. Watching the transition that Charlotte goes through...You wrote it so smoothly and naturally that by the end it's hard to remember when she became a girl in my reading and impossible to see her as a man again. It's up there with Furies as just an irrististable novel to get drawn into and tugged along, consistantly wondering what is next, how the favorite characters will escape, hoping against hope that somehow it will all work out, even wondering what ever happened to some of the minor characters after Charlotte and Ivan left them behind. I have to add that Baron Gosse makes my eyes tear up, beautifuly written character.

Colly, I'm impressed. I knew you were fabulous, everyone on Lit knows that you're one of the best, but I'm so glad you kept going on this one.

You done good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Pure joy

This story is absouletly wonderful and a pure joy to read. I read it for the first time and am still in awe of the skill and craftsmanship that you used to create such an enthralling tale. No amount of braggin or boasting is suitable for this story. With a gentle pace befitting a lifestyle change you really create a woman out of a man. This is the definitive man into womanhood story. Period. You set the standard for what must be met in even trying to create a story such as this. Very few stories have changed my life. This is one of them. The way in which in showed a lifestyle that gets such misunderstandings is superb. You allow your reader to truly understand why this is appealing. That is the best thing an author could every do for their audience. So many lines are quotable. So many are relevant to today's life. The story may be a period piece, but it rings true today. I look forward to enjoying this story many more times in the future. Thank you very much for sharing such a delicate and delicious treat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
kings, and queens

don't get it - too detailed to read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
amazing wonderful

You wove a wonderful tale.(as you always seem to) Thank you for writing it. I have truly enjoyed reading your work.

BelegonBelegonalmost 18 years ago
Oh My God....

I will miss you so horribly.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackalmost 18 years ago
Brilliant, Wonderful Work

Goodbye, my cherished friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Scathingly brilliant, as always.

You never cease to amaze me. I've read everything you've published on this site, and if you're not writing for a living, you're wasting yourself.

JRavenJRavenalmost 18 years ago
Proof we need a 110% setting

As luck would have it, I started to read this the day you left us. It took me awhile to get back to it, real life does that to me sometimes. And when I learned of the world's loss, I still had difficulty returning.

Only a fourth of the way through, and I knew I'd never be able to tell you how you pulled me into a genre I don't really care for. How you teased and tantalized my imagination in such a way.

Last night, I finally worked up the courage to contine the read. Again, you sucked me into your tale. When I finished reading at 5:00 this morning, I decided to sleep before writing a comment you will never receive.

For weeks, I've had a hell of a time getting to sleep. No matter how tired I might be, self-incriminating thoughts would flood my mind. When will I finally get a job, how I am going to pay the bills, things I should have done during the day, things I maybe could have done better.

But in the wee hours of this morning as I lay down, you had filled my mind with thoughts of princes and dukes, carriage rides and sword fights, balls and beautiful gowns.

Thank you, Colly. You still have the ability to put a troubled mind to rest. Your beauty still graces this earth.

Always in your debt,

Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Your spirit lives on in your writings

I believe strongly that man (in the generic sense of man and woman) has a soul that moves to a better place once the earthly body dies. Your soul is out there, constantly as a spirit that reminds me how much joy, erotic pleasure and downright adventure you have left as a legacy to all who read and have read your works. You move me, challenge me, to write better fiction. I read your essays on 'how to write' and see how well you put the theory into action. Thank you. As you look down from your celestial vantage point, I hope you can inspire others to pen with energy and adventure. Your time on earth was too short but you were a bright flame that burned so bright.

knightofheartsknightofheartsalmost 16 years ago
Most Impressive

A most impressive piece, the wit and charm of the story as well as its overall scope was well appreciated. If I have one compliant it must be to say your prejudices are showing. Too many of your arguments were abit too much of the classic straw man ilk, your arguments on gender differences while well thought out at times were also much weaker than your story deserved none the less keep up the good work. 6/5 indeed!!

LeomannLeomannabout 14 years ago
Words fail me.

Truly, I cannot imagine what I could say to express how much I enjoyed this. Erotic, detailed and utterly spellbinding. When I started reading I expected a story consisting mostly of sex with a bit of history thrown about carelessly. Instead I found a story that dragged me in as few stories have. Sensual, human, and made all the more sexy by how developed and real the characters feel. Each encounter is charged with real emotion. Drama, warmth,friendship, hatred and sexual tension all in perfect balance against a backdrop that feels real enough to touch. Charlotte is so well developed that the reader cannot help but be pulled into her experience. This story is a work of art.

DawnzoDawnzoalmost 14 years ago
One Fabulous Story!!!

A definate original plot, very entertaining!!!

IsanaIsanaover 12 years ago
Very long

Wow. That took me two whole nights to read. I never thought I could go through with reading something of this theme, but curiosity kept me going, and I have to admit that it was an interesting read. Sure, there was the sex, but you can find that anywhere. What pulled me in and pushed me through was reading everything and watching through Charles'/Charlotte's eyes how her thinking changed and developed through the various experiences she's had. It's like reading a diary of one who grows older as the pages pass by. The writing as well as the thoughts evolve, and in the end, we are left with someone who is the same and yet completely different.

My only complaint in this story would be it's lack of closure. The ending was just too abrupt, especially with just how unusual the factors are. An epilogue of sorts would probably help round things up.

It was a strange read for me, all-in-all, but nevertheless, it was still entertaining. Good job.

SpectreTSpectreTover 12 years ago
Brilliant!

Beautiful piece; very much the 'Lit' of Literotica, with plenty of the erotica present, too! My first favoriting of a story and of an author here.

Only gave it five stars because the damnable thing doesn't have ten.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Read this comment before you read this story

This story is well-told and worth reading without the sex-scenes. Like most of Colleen's work, all of the sex acts are homosexual in nature. This story only has gay-male sex-scenes. You've been warned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Exceptionally Well Done

You have a gift for story telling. I hope you enjoyed the writing as much as I enjoyed the reading. Last but not least there were remarkably few errors. However you did try several spellings for Marcus Aurelius. Next time try doing an internet search on the name. Yahoo or Google should be able to confirm your spelling, or offer the correct one. You have by far the best style and story telling of the many authors I've read over the years at Lit. Now if you could just include some hetero sex........

fanfarefanfareabout 11 years ago
Excellence of Imagineering

I agree with the general sorrow that the author did not have the opportunity to continue her rendition of the fantastic saga of the Chevalier de Eron. Her rendering of his life up to his return to France is an extraordinary creation. And well interpreted to appeal to our modern tastes.

For those readers uncomfortable with the sexual ambiguities represented by Charles efforts to survive and complete his appointed missions, they fail to understand the realities of past ages. We moderns did not invent homosexuality. In general, we lack the capacity to comprehend any sexual activity that we do not personally practice. Before antibiotics and blood transfusions and sanitation, birthing a child was often a death sentence for many women. Which meant young healthy virginal women were a valuable commodity when rigorous enforcement of lineage was the universal practice.

As for pedantic complaints about spelling, I urge you to read, well, try to read the original source material. On every page, in every language, you will find the same word, when used more then once, spelled differently most of the time. They knew what they were writing about, their readers understood the meanings of what was written. They were not as narrow-minded and anal retentive as modern commentators.

tygztygzabout 10 years ago

When I realized that this story was headed for TV/TG/mm, I almost dropped reading it, but then I remembered - Coleen had never disappointed with a story (and I'm reading her submissions top to bottom, unfortunately nearing the end of the list, so this is saying a lot).

So, I kept reading - and I must say, damned good story, believable, great characters, wonderful history, I could go on but it's all summed up with this: your genre or not, this story is a must-read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well woven tale

you write so well, I was caught up in the story, each character played their part and added to Charlotte's education and new understanding of playing a woman, but it wasn't just her role of playing a woman, but how you conveyed a women's point of view, a woman's nuances, strengths and perceptiveness. I found as a female quite empowering, the strength of a women and how often men do underestimate us, yes I know it was a man, but you had to have the guilenesss, cunning and wit to get where they ended up. In the beginning I was looking for more between C and Ivan's relationship, but glad it ended the way it did. Only thing, I wasn't so keen on her 'availability' on the ship, seemed jarring, when she was more selective or rather emotionally connected to her other paramours. But overall loved this, the length was just right. Congrats

legerdemerlegerdemeralmost 8 years ago
Ambitious and far reaching

I know the author has passed away and my comments are more for her friends who may keep up with her account. This was an engrossing tale, a terrific adventure almost in the Three Musketeers tradition, but with the erotic threads woven in very naturally and convincingly. I was initially intimidated by the length, but I read it in one sitting while sick - such nice company. So glad the tales are still here - RIP, Colleen Thomas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What if Colleen Thomas was never a woman and is still living?

She could have us fooled? A talented male writer disguised as CT? Hmm never know do we?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good but not my cup of tea

CT is(was) a great writer and character making was great but as far as story goes I couldn't read it fully with far interest. When reading a story I try to attach myself with one of many characters from story and see if I can anticipate. But here I couldn't bring myself to it. I may be biased or stereotype but as far as taste goes this story has none for me.

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderalmost 5 years ago
Rich storytelling and wonderful sex!

This is such a long and lovely story, I am thrilled by the story and the great hot sex. I love the gender ambiguity, and the way he begins not just to fuck like a woman but also thinks and relates like a woman - really expanding the range of possibility in his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
excellent

loved this story😁

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 months ago

Epic tale …. What a journey and fantastic adventures with an amazing end …. Bestselling quality

CT, this was my last read of your heritage and Thank you for sharing those extraordinary stories ….. your soul rests in peaceful places now and Namaste

Ten hearts for you CT πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈβ˜˜οΈ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous