All Comments on 'The Stein Ch. 01'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Start

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Dear John Shooting

Well you have us on the edge - anticipating her dismay at the poor marksmanship of her lover John. The stomach shots and stein indicate the heat and her knowledge of what was intended as she was there and only had second thoughts to cause his recovery otherwise ---!

Now he knows of the delayed flight home!

Well written and delivered Author - thanks with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I think you may out do yourself with this one

K.K.:

I do believe you have another winner. But all of the stories of yours that I've read have been great. You develop the storyline and the characters slowly and carefully, only revealing what needs to be explained when it's needed so we can digest it as we go along and not suffer from an overload of information. It works and Thank You. Ronnie W.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
master work

KK to plate, here's the pitch and OUT OF THE BALL FIELD!!!

This is going to be a ride.

One of the best I have seen in a long time.

KK you are one of the GODS here, hands down

thank you!

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
This is a good story already!!!

Good writing and it has my interest completely. I hope you have the next chapters before my CRS leaves me trying to remember the stroyline.

I am wondering what the vouchers mean to him. I can't think of anything specific. Various answers.

And, obciously the stein is important but how?

If the vouchers mean she didn't go to Germany where did the Stein come from.

If the vouchers mean another trip that has been cancelled, how can Eric assume that it means anything?

I'm wondering, if she was home at the time of the shooting? Has she gotten herelf mixed up in drugs; prostitution or blackmail of some sort?

LOTS of questions to be answered. I'll be looking for the answers.

Did I mention the writing is excellent?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Commercial Quality

Great story! Good writing. Good enough to publish commercially!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Story

I had read this in its entirety at another site. I will reveal nothing except to say that this is an excellent story. It brings some new dimmensions to fiction here.

playingcardcompany

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great suspence story

Nice story K.K. Reminds me of the old Agatha Christie stories I used to read as a kid. Build up the mystery and see if the readers can solve the crime. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

60 year old George

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Interesting

Check it out. A "Whodunit" tale. Except at the end I detect a loving wife might have had something to do with it. I'll continue...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loving it

This is brilliant. I am on the edge of my seat. Five stars.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
I love the mystery/LW combination! 5 stars!

Some questions:

None of the neighbors heard the shots or saw the "burglar(s)" leave the house"? If the first shot sent Eric reeling, did the shooter (Nicky's school's principal?) stand over him in the entryway to shoot him twice more in the stomach? If so, why no discussion re the bullet holes? Or the other bullet hole in the wall by the stair landing? Didn't the police dig out the bullets? That should have left a mess that needed to be repaired. American Airline vouchers = from trip to Germany? Why are there two of them?

Sure sounds like Nicky and the shooter were fucking upstairs before she "found" Eric 30 minutes later. That must mean the author has a story twist in mind.

Eric, please do not confront Nicky. Talk to Tony first.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Thoughts

She was obviously home with her lover, THAT'S why she "found" him to save his life, it was the lover that he saw while he was delirious.

I wonder if the vouchers are because she never really went on the trip, was spending time with her lover instead?

I'm surprised that when he said he was GLAD he was shot, otherwise it would have been her and she would have been killed, didn't give her a guilty conscience enough to fess up!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Superb start. Really facsinated as to what will happen next. 5*

Excellent writing on top of an intriguing story.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE MOTHER OF ALL QUESTIONS

WHAT the fuck is going on, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Duh

I liked the story.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Really Good

Don’t want to start presupposing ... but it does look like Nicky is involved in some fashion (last line confirms it) and Curly knows or suspects a lot more than he is saying.

So far very well done.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Good question. What has Nicki done, and who is John. Great opening chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good beginning. Nicky is obviously involved in some way or at least she believes she is. Who is the 'John' character she was talking to in the hospital.

A couple of things. Koonce is spelt Kontz I'm assuming you mean the writer Dean R Kontz. Also he's recovering from gunshot wounds to quickly. In my experience moving around after a gunshot to the chest is extremely painful even with being on meds. I don't think he'd be cleaning the house so soon afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great beginning

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Epic story. Many readers don't understand the subtlety at the end of the story but wow it is so good once you understand it. Should be rated higher. This author does the best when there is no cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the author's best stories. Should be rated higher. This author is at their best when the there si no cheating. The nuances and twists in this story are really amazing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous