All Comments on 'The Stolen Dozen Ch. 04'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
LeenysmanLeenysmanover 2 years ago

When is this story set? If I base it on the statement in Chapter 1 that Robert and Carolyn met when they were 9 in 1957, it ought to be either 1965 or 1966 when they turned 18 and married.

But, they leave for their honeymoon in a 1971-model Plymouth Fury and you've set Heather's due date to September 17, 1972 (coincidentally the same as Robert and Carolyn's anniversary? Or is that on purpose and Robert simply didn't comment on it?), indicating she had sex with Robert the week before Christmas in 1971. She mentions that he's 18, so he certainly hadn't spent 5 years in that hospital.

While the Convair 880 stopped production in 1962, so couldn't have been new in either 1966 or 1972 (I'm assuming he at least got to celebrate Christmas and New Years before leaving for Louisiana?).

And from what I remember of the text of Chapter 5 which was mis-posted as Chapter 1, there were further anachronisms in it, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Between the first chapter and this one, six years were lost. Robert and his wife met as 9 year olds in 1957. The nurse said her child would be born in 1972. Robert is 18 years old. The math does not match up.

I find it hard to believe that someone so in love with his wife would so casually have sex and impregnate another woman so soon after her death. Also, discussing his wife’s dismemberment with her mother present in the hospital was disconcerting.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
Have been a fan since the story started!

Cannot wait for more! Glad to see you back in the saddle.

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 2 years ago

This can not be Bob since he is no longer with us so is the person did he steal Bob pages here

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES