All Comments on 'The Sweet Water of the Fountain'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Captures the angst of middle age

Very good overall.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Oh what a night.

Very real, perhaps too real to be completely erotic. Very well written though. 4*

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read****

This story will have a lot of old timers smiling. Thanks for sharing.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Well written...

I liked it...What more to say?

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Very Well Done

This is a terrific little story and unlike everything else on this site it could actually be true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done!

It was a sweet simple tale, which hit the spot for the aging romantic trapped inside all of us. Thanks very much for this contribution!

I bet before you are done, some people will comment with some negativity:

It was boring! or Should have been in the Mature category! or whatever....

For me, I felt a little on edge while reading it. It was a subtle thing to be sure, but since things between them weren't "perfect", at every turn, I kept waiting for the "crisis" to present itself. The fact that it didn't, just might leave some readers "unsatisfied". But if that is the case, it speaks far greater volumes to the character of the complainer, rather than to the talent and ability of the writer.

I gave you 5 stars! This might NOT be the kind of story I'd want to read everyday, but it was a damn sight better than what DOES manage to get posted everyday.

Thanks again for your work on this good job!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Recovery

Excellent story of diminishing returns over time, then revitalised. Excellent pace, enough development to raise concern and then a sweet finish. Well done, thoroughly enjoyable story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 9 years ago
Great

Always a pleasure to read a new story by you.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Strange story

Open ended and continued to refer to not trusting wife and brother in law; staring off in to space. Stupid and confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

BORING!

'nuff said.

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 9 years ago
Thanks!

Foreplay can come in a vareIety of ways. Your choices were sublime and made the conclusion superior. This being the first of your work I have read will not be the last. I peeked and it looks like there are more for me to enjoy. Again, thanks.

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
Wonderful story

Well conceived and beautifully written. Those of us who are older can appreciate the situation well, although younger readers probably cannot.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 9 years ago
Thank you

Wonderful story! Excellent example of what we (husbands) think our wives maybe thinking when in reality, we haven't got a clue. Pacing was a bit slow but seemed natural. Gotta wonder what would've happened if he would've told her what he liked a couple years earlier. Ahhhh... communication.

Only drawback of the story was I'd question if it wasn't more a Romance or Mature story. Yeah I know that the husband suspected his BIL may have wanted something but there was no proof or confirmation by anyone other than what the husband was thinking. Of course if it was in one of those categories, I might never have read it! LOL

DFWBeast

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Oohh Yeah

Now this I can relate too. Very well told off beat tale about the perils of empty nesters reaching their 50's. As another commentator mentions this will go over the heads of the younger generation & they will probably dismiss it out of hand, but this reads so realistically & mirrors mine & I'm sure many couples voyage through these challenging years. My only gripe is that it got bogged down & became boring in parts but what the hell, that's just minor points. Well done, 4 * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wierd, but...

... I liked it.

For the first half or more, we were left with the impression the our hero was holding on to a love that had died, or perhaps was being punished, or maybe coping with wifey's infidelity....but it all came off strangely like real life. Had a familiar ring to it.

Then they got back to the motel, and it was clear they loved each other, just needed a change in the habituated order of things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Agreed.

Good story, but it was a little slow. It may not belong here. I'd suggest pulling it and resubmitting it in 'mature'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Somebody said middle age sex?

naa. Sounded like people in their late sixties-early seventies. I missed the total lack of drama. it was sweet, but not so interesting. It is why reality usually isn't very interesting, it needs fiction to spice it up.

Still, well written

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Hmmmmm

Being one myself, I have to say that empty-nesters over 45 are about as sexy as watching a prune wrinkle..

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
Very Nice

I think this is very much real life.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years ago
Absolutely loved it...

I kept waiting for her to cheat. When she didn't I said, "YEAH," a truly loving wife. 5 stars.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Lovely!

I enjoyed that very much. So nice to see a truly loving wife.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good

That was a really good story. A very enjoyable story about a loving wife.

Aej_1Aej_1over 1 year ago

Such a long winded story. Could have been much more interesting with a fraction of the words. Sorry it didn’t work for me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

At the end, my thoughts were, "That was it? What was the point?"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous