All Comments on 'The Talk'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments
Vito1960Vito1960almost 8 years ago
Great story

This was a very good story, finally a wife who communicates with her husband! I loved the simple storylines, and the simple aspect of a woman actually loving her husband!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good for you !

You are an original writer and thinker. And I have tell you that I put the highest premium on originality. Thank you for your submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

You have given me some ideas and suggestions with us being in the same situation. Kids gone, empty house, getting boring, need to make it fun again.

Ducky7Ducky7almost 8 years ago
Fantastic loved it

intercourse is also communication.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 8 years ago
EXCELLENT!

Now that's what SHOULD happen in a good marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Finally a story of adults acting like adults. I'm so sick of stories where these couples act like children (I'm looking at you Slirpuff ಠ_ಠ ). Just talk about it, discuss what you're thinking. Take a step back and collect your thoughts.

Now obviously we would have a lot of dull stories if all the couples on LW acted like that, which is probably why this story is so refreshing.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
****

Good read. Too bad perfect communication is pretty much a myth. If only interpretive listening didn't get in the way. Paradigmed understanding.

cap5356cap5356almost 8 years ago
now thats the way it should be

now this is a story on how a marriage should work. if u think things are getting bad u talk it out. not blame the other one. glad it worked out in the end

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Nice job

Pretty refreshing to read about a a couple that don't cheat. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What Bull Shit!

No couple acts like this, unless they are really good at hiding their adultery. Loving loyal communicative married people? C'mon, you've been hit with Martian Fantasy Ray for sure. All LW readers know that all wives are whores and all husbands are cuckolds or clueless dumb shits. And they never communicate, or they mis-communicate, or they excommunicate. And when they do, its all lies and alibis and ultimatums and cruel humiliation. And the part about where she didn't like the giant dildo opening her up like a post hole digger? LW readers all know that bigger is better, and black is best. Don't you know how to read? Its all right here, the honest to God truth about love and marriage and typical relationships. Then you die.

But I have to admit, in a perfect world, the couple you describe would be worth striving for. But that's a dream, a fantasy, an ideal not worth pursuing. Let me get a soda, bag of chips, and another box of tissues so I can get back to a real meaningful sex life with my computer and my right hand. I just paused reading another story where the wife was a virgin when they got married and she has a new black boss and the husband has been traveling and his best friend has been keeping the grass cut and the wife just told him they have to talk. The suspense is killing me.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Really, Thank You.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
Admirable challenge

I can't help but admire an author who challenges himself as a writer, and looks to put a unique spin on the boilerplate plot. I've often seen comments from readers in this category who ask the same question on many different stories: "Why didn't this couple TALK to each other instead of leaping into bed with someone else?" My response to that question has been consistent: if all LW couples communicated, there wouldn't be many LW stories to tell!

The problem with writing a story about a happily-married couple who have a healthy sex life and stellar communication is that it makes for a very dull story. An interesting story requires some conflict, drama, angst, and human frailty. Without any of that, it's a typical "dog bites man" story.

I haven't read the comments yet, but I can guess that many LW readers are applauding this story as "the way a marriage SHOULD be!" and awarding it with the highest rating. No doubt, this IS how marriage should be -- and I would hope how the majority of marriages are. But there is nothing interesting about the ordinary.

Imagine if every story were like this one, where a loving married couple remained loyal, and where love and communication won the day, and they grew into old age together living happily ever after. If every story followed this plot, would anyone ever visit this site again? I would bet not.

Ahaz, I applaud you for stepping up to the plate with this one. To me, though, it seems that you worked the count to 3-2, fouled off a few tough pitches, and then grounded out to second, advancing a runner to third. That's a hell of a nice at-bat, though not particularly productive.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

LOL! If all couples had these talks we wouldn't have Loving Wives!

I like HER taking some responsibility. One of my criticisms of the wives here has been how they always complain about how "routine" their sex life has become, but never do anything themselves to spice things up.

Not to nitpick, but a "pearl necklace" is around the neck, not on the boobs.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
Good story and a stone in the pond...

Good story and a stone in the pond...I liked it!!! But I had to laugh and agree with @sbrooks103x comment: "If all couples had these talks we wouldn't have Loving Wives!"...4*

JayHaileyJayHaileyalmost 8 years ago
Finally

Want more stories like this instead of the dumb couples

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Anon classic

I thought those comments going to be trueful for a mo then saw the fun of the sarcasm. Yes it was a fabulous story, and yes I thought it was exciting. You do not need loads of other cock if you can make your relationship fun, and it appears that this was a fun relationship. I rarely give a 5* but that is how I scored this.

Tnx JJ

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
A nice change of pace

I think most of the couples with successful marriages are like the protagonists. As swingerjoe said, the site would get boring if all tales were like this, although I felt that the story deserved full marks. 5 stars.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747almost 8 years ago
Talking

Communication, if people don't talk, just use each other the marriage will die. The wife realized what was missing, hubby realized too, a refreshing story about love and commitment. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4 stars. good effort.

I enjoyed this short. Absolutely hate swinging and that soured it for me but good story.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Liked it a lot!

Like an Anon said in a previous comment, in a perfect world married couples would communicate like this.

Well, this world isn't perfect, but there are still a lot of couples who talk with and listen to each other. They communicate. My wife and I communicate too. We work through any issues that might arise and solve them together. It isn't that difficult. Some people might think so, for whatever reason, but it really isn't. The topic doesn't have to be spicing things up in the bedroom, either. The secret is to put all ego aside for the duration of the conversation, though, as Ahaz described in this tale. You avoid fights that way. Granted, the makeup sex after the fight is usually awesome, but you can still have great sex without even getting into the fight in the first place.

If people took this category as gospel, which many of them seem to do, every wife on Earth would be a cheating slut or cuckoldress. Every husband on Earth would be clueless or a willing cuck. All communication between Hubby and Wifey would require a marriage counselor, too.

News Flash! REAL LIFE ISN'T LIKE THAT! Real life is full of real people making real choices and talking with their spouses on at lease a semi-regular basis. More often if something major comes up. More and more women are realizing every day that us guys can't read minds! lol

Thanks, Ahaz. You've written one of the most intelligent couples in the whole LW category! Thanks for a great tale. :)

5 HUGE Stars!

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
The one slight issue, though...

The talk of swinging/sharing near the end. That was the only part that doesn't sit right with me. If you get bored with monogamy, you're doing it wrong. The Kama Sutra and a little imagination can work wonders. That wasn't enough to cost a star, though.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
It's the follow-through that counts

Many times my wife and I recognized that we were getting a bit stale; not only with sex, but with general socialization and just plain doing stuff together. We often set up plans for monthly nights out or trips, but somehow the schedules drifted by and we lost many, many opportunities. And then the Big C came to her and it was too late. The key to this whole process is not the ability to sit down and talk; it's not the scheduling of activities or the assignment of roles. It's the follow-through. Someone has to take responsibility to make sure that the plan actually gets implemented. One of the two (unlikely to be both) has to be the assigned overseer, the one that makes it happen. It's not easy, but it's the only way it will work. Still a good story. 5*

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 8 years ago
I liked this a lot...

and think we really need more stories like this. I loved her put-down to the college kids. Great way to show respect for her man.

I do have to agree with IronDragon, though. I could have done without the talk of sharing. That kind of ruined it for me in the end but I thought it was still worth of 5 stars. It was well thought out and executed. Bravo.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 8 years ago
5

Yup, padded couched are excellent substitutes for sex furniture !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Funny I thought this was how most marriages actually worked

And that the fictional stories here on Lit were just that - fictional stories. Why are you writing about a real life marriage and normal people?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You and your wife

Are doing GREAT!! Don't let that we'll see later crap creep into your family and ruin it or you won't be spending those Golden Years you two have planned and earned together like you thought.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 8 years ago
JUST THE TICKET FOR THE ONE WHO BITCHES ABOUT SAME OLD PLOTS!

I’m giving you a 5 on this one since it’s well written, well thought out, and most of all because it should shut up those who keep bitching about the same old story line. It’s a very good tale but try to imagine it, or one like it, in hardcover. We all know it wouldn’t sell. So while I applaud your fine work I must agree with swingerjoe’s assessment of the success of Loving Wives, if everyone really wrote stories about loving married couples. It would be less popular than Non-Erotic.

Thanks for the read!

AhazuraAhazuraalmost 8 years agoAuthor
re: the sharing

I guess I failed on that point, which is a good lesson for me going forward. I never saw these two opening up their relationship and I had thought I had established his feelings toward other people. The comment of sharing was supposed to be such a remote possibility that it was practically non exsistant. At least that was my intent. Apparently I didn't quite pull it off so I apologize and will work to get a little better for next time.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

-Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice

Very well written. Once again, the clown prince of loving wives, swingerjoe, tries to rain on the parade of everyone that is a better writer than he is. What a pathetic man, if he can be described as a man. No wonder other authors won't let him comment on their stories. See, joe, it isn't cheating, lying and betraying that makes a great loving wives story, it's conflict and tension. That's what makes all great stories great. If you understood that, maybe you could write a decent story someday. The author poses a dilemma for the characters and they work it out. As long as there is tension and conflict, the story will be good, without the lying and cheating so beloved by swingerjoe and his ilk.

I am troubled by the idea that seems prevalent that it is necessary that all marriages are going to "fall into a rut" and must be "spiced up." The open door to involving others, was poorly executed, since the author has stated that he didn't intend that. Minor flaws in an, otherwise, sterling effort. Very nice.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Bravo !

Ahazura , thank you for this great little affirmation of a marriage done right ! And giving the metaphorical middle finger to the " Oh its been done before " crowd. As I have said many times , their are only so many ways to write a story in this category.

The term boilerplate gets tossed around here so much that it may as well be a Frisbee ! The usual suspects in this are actually becoming a cliché . They are actually, in their constant arguments against something , becoming the very thing that they rail against . Ironic isn't it not.

Ok , that felt good , shewww. I've never been to a therapist , but I enjoyed that. Lol chuckle.

Now , I actually agree with Swingerjoe's comments , to a point. The reason this category is so damned addictive is the raw emotions and turmoil of the plots presented. No other genre brings this out more than LW. It's the equivalent to a literary rollercoaster, only this ride doesn't always pull back into the station and all leave happily. That is the pull of stories posted here for myself, anyway.

So while I give you full marks on a great "true loving wife" story , this category is much broader than that.

I wasn't here for the beginning of Lit , or this category , but via the archives, I understand that this category has grown past its roots. Some are chagrined at this , others (me) see it as a positive progression .

But there is definitely room under the LW umbrella for a positive and heart warming tale like this.

5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
There's only one thing wrong with this story.

It's not the least bit interesting. Most people don't want to read about a man fucking his own wife. 1*

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

i enjoyed your story, mostly because my wife and i had nearly exactly the same discussion about 25 years ago and here in our sixties we we have very exciting and varied sex lives (especially since the nest emptied) involving just the two of us. thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Change the Genre Type

If you all think all these stories need to have a cuckold or a cheater or a BTB, then change it from "Loving Wives" to "Cheating Whores/Loving Cuckolds" if that's what you are all into. I enjoy all the top stories as long as their all well written! Just because this one is only between the happiness between the loving husband and "loving wife", it doesn't make it a bad story and myself find it refreshing that there are good stories out there will just the couple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@ anonymous-there is only one thing wrong with this story

Well, anon, you can always pretend it's the neighbors wife he's screwing. lol Sorry, couldn't resist, but I understand where you're coming from. Whatever floats your boat. I don't mind a story like this now and then, breaks up the monotony of similar themes. It was well written and a little different from most. Thanks for the contribution. (signed ML)

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
ALL THIS BS IS LIKE TRAINING AND GREED

the more means the more to want, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Liked it

The only thing that bothered me a bit is that the tension is at the beginning and the rest is only a victory parade.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 8 years ago
A pleasure to read.

You write very well, and your characters (as others have said) act like adults who actually love each other. I have only two very minor suggestions: (1) remove the last 2 sentences (take swapping back off the table where it belongs); (2) don't tell us in the preface that there's no cheating: let us wonder along with James. Please keep writing! I look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
it's about time

I just wanted to say I loved the fact this story reflects how I feel and I'm sure there are others that would agree. You keeping it just the 2 of you is more realistic then the other stories that all have to have that third person. It just shows the love two people can have and still want to keep it just you two, but rekindle the passion.

Thanks, and please write some more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Keep others out that was great

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4*s

Interesting and creative story. Ahazura doing something new. It doesn't hurt that it is well written, too!

Gave you 4*s.

Thank you.

AMerryman

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re: Swinging

I'm with Ahaz: While I can see how some might see swinging on the horizon, when I read this I never saw it as a REAL possibility.

True, they weren't exactly ruling it out, but it's probability was pretty remote! Remember, this story happened after they were married 18 years and it's now ten years later, so they've got to be in their late 40's, even early to mid 50's and don't see it anywhere near their immediate future.

I am NOT speaking from any personal knowledge but I don't expect that there are many swingers in their late 50's on up who didn't start in their younger years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
DUH

She will turn into a cheating, whore slut and will dump all over your dumb ass. Kick the whore to the curb.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
Nipping a problem in the bud

And don't we all wish we could do it every time; talk to each other about what is concerning us before it festers out of control and becomes an insoluble problem.

Ahaz in this story shows the wife character taking the initiative, and maybe it is more likely that a woman would speak out about her worries than a man?

The only negative with stories about issues that are resolved before they become problems is that they don't make for very exciting stories. But perhaps it's nice to have a story that's sweet and loving without too much excitement from time to time.

Lue

Ps: Don't you just love the Anonymice like the last one with the comment headed DUH? To predict an outcome like that from a story like this requires an especially warped mind.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Excellent

If all loving married couples would have this talk at some point in their marriage the world would be a happier place for all. Solving all problems by talking avoids others by keeping it to oneself.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Read this a couple of days ago

I didn't vote, though. Now I will. I read your comment on sharedsigne's story telling readers to go fuck themselves and praising the biggest douche bag commenter going since bonnytaylor got banned. You earned yourself a one with that bit of stupidity. You don't have enough cred to pull shit like that. You can count on one 1 star vote.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
Once again, we have proof of the invalidity of LW voting scores

See the recent Anonymous comment saying that the reader will one-bomb this story.

Not for any reason remotely associated with the story, but because the author Azahura had commented on an entirely different story in a manner Anonymouse didn't like.

I suppose he felt good about it.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@luedon

Ever notice the writers that don't talk smack don't have this problem? Ever see any of the good writers talking smack on someone else's story like that? If they like the story, they say so sometimes. If they don't like it, they don't comment. They sure don't tell readers to go fuck themselves. You're constantly posting some smack talk, attacking other readers so people think you're an asshole. So do a few other authors. The writers with class don't post smack talk on other authors' stories. When ahazura tells readers to go fuck themselves in a comment on another story, the way they show their displeasure at being told to go fuck themselves is to one bomb his story. Action, reaction. That's physics, or didn't they teach that at seagull U?

Doesn't invalidate scoring at all. Write a good story, keep your mouth shut and you get good scores. Write crap, talk smack, get bombed. Pretty simple. Even seagull brains ought to be able to figure that out. Talk shit, eat shit.

AhazuraAhazuraalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@anonymous

my point was that name calling should be ignored. If my language was to strong then I apologize however I stick by my thought that telling someone they should go kill themselves or that they hope the author gets raped is out of line especially when hiding behind a black tag.

Critique my writing on its syntax, verbiage, cohesiveness, content, or anything else you would like to. I see no need to attack the person writing the story.

That being said, I wish you a good day!

-Ahaz

PercySledgePercySledgealmost 8 years ago
Loved it!

Thanks Ahaz!

An original story about a marriage gone stale and how the Couple Solves it by Communicating!

This feels real I must say and gives me food for thought...

The kids have left the house and we have a second spring...

Klockren femma... A five..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@Ahazura

Dammit! You managed to get me invested in your characters once more. Thought that'd never happen after AF3. Guess I'm a sucker for happy marriages. 5 stars for this.

PS: Still not going to read AF3 or AF4. For me the series ended with AF2 (and they lived happily ever after).

PPS: The Warlock. Next chapter. Please.

MrBeck2004MrBeck2004almost 8 years ago
Love it

It's almost a self-help piece disguised as a story but I love the concept and the execution. This story actually hits home and as my wife and I get ready to go on a week long trip (alone) for the first time since the kids were born 12 years ago, I'm going to have this talk to make sure we don't get stale.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
proactive communication

is so much better than the

we need to talk

alternative

by then it is too late

thank you

BurtschoderBurtschoderalmost 8 years ago
nice little story

I think there is room for all different types of stories in LW and this one is a good one! thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WEE DOGGIE GOOD STORY WRONG COLUMN

Shoooott this here story should be in the romance column, anyhoot this story is good but not great! Love you all! GREG. OH 90 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 7 years ago
A TRUE Loving Wife

This is a bright spot in the Loving Wives category, a truly loving woman (and man) who talk about their issues and fix them - rather than cheat or humiliate or otherwise cause more problems

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I like your stories about LW being actually loving

Just PLEASE!!! no more Literotica references. They are not funny, not cute not anything. They only break the mood of the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5

referencing Lit is far better than a comment form the asshole of LIT dear annony!

xtchrxtchrabout 7 years ago
So Refreshing!

Boy, a story about a real Loving Wife. They actually communicate and attempt to fix any problems before they become major problems. They worked on the marriage - together- and didn't bring any 3rd parties into it. Thank you for a refreshing and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn!

An intelligent woman, written intelligently on Lit? And a husband with a genuine but realistic ego!

Original and well delivered.

My hat is of to you!

dc6370dc6370over 6 years ago
A refreshing read

This is my 3rd time through, and I still enjoy it. All marriages become stale. It's easy to quit. Fighting through the daily grind, and routine is not easy. Admitting it is half your fault is not easy. Fixing it is not easy to start, but becomes easier and fun as time goes on. I lived through this first hand. Now we hold hands wherever we go, and our marriage is iron strong.

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
Nice Touch

I agree with the last comment. It was a refreshing Read. I would not mind more of these and less fire and brimstone.

waifwaifover 6 years ago
I LIKED IT...

...but I think it should have been in Romance, not LW.

still gave 5 stars.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Cute, Sweet, And Satisfying

Well done, and as others have said, it belongs in Romance. Likable characters who communicate and work together to enhance the joy in their lives. Thanks for this refreshing, upbeat little tale!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
I'm glad they had . - . The Talk

I'm also glad Ahaz chose to stretch his writing muscles. We should all be grateful for being recipients of his efforts.

What a concept, a couple in love with each other, who take the initiative to stimulate the romance in their marriage. I loved the banter with the kids.

Keep writing, we'll keep reading. It's all good!

IkarisIkarisover 6 years ago
Great Story

This was a great story. Not something you usually find in this category, though it was a refreshing change of pace. A couple actually talking about the decline of their sex lives and choosing to do something about it. Very refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
THAT IS IT!

that IS what "loving wives" is all about

Excellent work.

Smokepole

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 6 years ago
Ten stars

THIS is a “loving wives” story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

"I knew right then that I wasn't built for sharing, at least not yet."

This was a very nice story, that would have been a little better without those last four words that didn't really belong.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Great story

A couple who actually communicate before the marriage crashes. What a concept! More people than you might expect enjoy these stories.

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

No someday about it, when getting others involved. Should be just a married couple. Endings like that worry me that a great story like this may end up getting ruined in a sequel. Other than that, great story.

gmann57gmann57over 5 years ago

couples really can have great sex lives without the man turning into a bitch, Nice story to remind people

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely... BUT

The suggestion that at some future date others would be invited to join them, spoils the concept of the story. Communication is what keeps this marriage strong, where both partners are faithful to each other and are able to have a very satisfying sex life. Having another party included, at a later date, would ruin what this story is trying to say. Still, 5*s.

pjhale121pjhale121over 5 years ago
Great story even with the comments

Several have commented that they didn't like the allusions to involving others. I didn't mind them. Not my thing and I love the total commitment to each other, but I understand why you might include them. It feels like you add those comments for those readers that DO lean toward the multiple partner thing and I totally get why you would do that (ratings can take a beating if you don't at least acknowledge some reader's preferences). I think it just adds to the way you are stressing communication and them being true to themselves. Keep an open mind, never say never, but talk, talk, talk and it will all be okay. Thank you so much for writing a positive story about communication and fidelity. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

It is refreshing to read a story about a married couple who can "be there" for each other. Agree with some that the casual comments about sharing (or not) did take away from some of the story.....they really were not needed in this well written piece.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 5 years ago
Loved it

Well done.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
I liked this

A healthy take on how to deal with issues around sex in a marriage. I know that some kids that post comments only understand nuclear fallout of retribution but in the real world (I've been married almost 25yrs) most issues are not resolved via burning the other to the ground.

Thanks for this viewpoint and entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'd love to see a sequel

The sharing idea is hot.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Still like the idea of the story, but the sharing would never happen.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
4 stars

One taken off for the closing comment... that your characters are not YET at the point of sharing.

That way there be dragons.

Even mentioning it was bucking the rules they gave each other when they launched into the rediscovery of their passion for each other.

Except for that one throw away line, you had the perfect formula for a true loving couple , where they honoured each other and their relationship. Just introducing that spectre brought it down a whole star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yes

Totally agree with InfiniteCycle.Took the words out of my mouth! 4*s. Pity.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Stilted and Unconvincing

The 'Talk' in this story is staid, stilted and unconvincing.

Like the idea, just the execution was relatively poor. Not up to author's usual standards.

So, it took away from the fluidity of the story and enjoyment.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Stilted and wordy.. but okay

Communications, ok.

Awkward and boring to read... NOT OK.

While a good theme and message, the execution was POOR.

It could have been handled much more simply and shorter. And bringing their kids into it, especially in such disrespectful ways was not good.

Expected better from this author

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
really nice

This seems like a hard one to criticize, but it looks like some have managed. Seems like it belongs in Romance, but who cares?

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Never share, once u go down that path the end of the marriage is soon to follow.

Statistics here do not lie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sharing will fuck things up

Keep it cerebral.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just don't

Ever involve anyone else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Talk good but too much detail. Would work with less

Details details

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The condescending tone written into

the wife's dialogue at the very beginning would have made it almost impossible to have a genuine conversation.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Almost unheard of in LW. A couple who actually communicate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Blah... gave it two stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where is the story? This was basically just a married couple being well adjusted. Oooooo, let's give it 5 stars. It's so deep. Give me a break. It's not worth the money spent to serve it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This site needs another wives section "naughty wives" or "slutty wives", So many people get upset if the wives in this section are not that way or there isn't lots of sex.

This story outlines what so many couples need to do so many time to avoid one of the couple from cheating.

With a family situation falling into a routine like this couple had where each Thursday they followed a set routine that could be set out in point form would and probably does happen way to often.

After them reading some stories both see the common problem, the wife decides to bring up the idea of shaking up their sex lives a bit with out having to look elsewhere, they take it and run with it.

Boring as stroke stories go but not a bad story and just maybe there are a few couple who read it and think "we should try a bit of doing that" without putting the marriage at risk.

Good that they have talked about involving other's and both feel it's not for them, hopefully they stay that way and continue to find ways to give there sex lives a bit of zing, good on them

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Good story

THough its a damned shame 26thNCuck isnt going to chime in here. He's preferable to the one he makes fun of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Can anyone else hear The Everly Brothers singing; "All I Have To Do Is Dream"? Maybe James wasn't dreaming but for most of us it would be a dream come true to have our love life get a warm up like this story.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Great story, another happy couple that knows how to communicate and are benefiting all of the rewards of talking to each other about their needs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Star. Great story...the talk as it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Do not include others!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

LOVED it! Thanks for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Refreshing....the talk before the problem...love it. Thanks for sharing!

DP

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous