All Comments on 'The Three B's: Just Another...'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 152 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
not one of your best but good

seemed to drag on but all in all not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hell if it's not one of your best!

This is not only one of your best, it's one of the best ever! This is your best story since the one about the business arrangement, your best in years! The master is back! Damn this was a good story. I hope you write more like this one. Randi has an eye for talent, and putting you together with her is a great combo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I agree that this is one of your best.

This is just classic JPB at his best. His best is pretty damn good, too. I see why Randi picked this one. Damn, this was a good story. Congratulations, JPB. You've still got it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bob didn't need

to write a story for legends day to be considered a legend.

As far as I can tell, he was the original LEGEND.

(even if it is just in his own mind, way back in college, when he was an even bigger slut than the three he eventually married;)

No, seriously....

Bob is something special around here. I honestly don't think the entire site of Literotica, not to just mention the LWs category, would have ever been the same without him, and his MORE than legendary influence on ALL of us here. To Authors and Readers alike.

Kudos and great thanks to you!

To the most prolific goes the prize! Well Done!

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 7 years ago
Excellent

Pure JPB gold !

As the last poster said , you are truly a legend in this genre .

This was actually a little different side of you than you usually put out there for us . Something kinda tells me that this is closer to the ' real Bob ' than many of the other characters that you create .

5 *'s

P.S. I for one would love for you to hold one of your Invitational's . Maybe then you could talk Randi into submitting for that !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great but....

Loved it... until the ending which just seemed to be rushed and all over the place.

Regardless everything leading up to the end meant I gave it 5*

stev2244stev2244almost 7 years ago
Good story

But I expected him to marry Pauline French.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 7 years ago
Stev2244

Pauline French isn't the sort to settle down with just one guy. She likes variety too much. The good thing is that she'll make that clear up front.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
standard JPB

symmary:

all women are stupid, evil, lying, apologist, cheating whores. the protagonist is a dumb shit who REPEATEDLY goes back to those same women who fucked him over.

hey, bob, ever thought that if all the women in your life sucked the problem MAY be with you?

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
HIGHER MATHEMATICS AND GREEK

are two things hard to fathom, not like a loving relationship, TK U MLJ LV NV

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
This One Deserves....

....All the applause that is raining down on it. An honorable protagonist whipsawed by cheating skanks; a good woman terrified of commitment who leaves him in the lurch; some significant emotional depth in the characters; and an actual take-no-prisoners ending with finality. Unlike some other folks, I didn't feel that the ending was rushed at all. In fact, it featured the kind of betrayal I was expecting when the reveal of Bev being Rob's wife popped up.

Definitely a 5* job -- thanks so much for this LD2 offering!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 7 years ago
Thank you, Bob

It was just as good as the first time I read it. You really nailed this one. No one does this quite like you. This was a treat. You don't need me to tell you, but you really are a legend. Thanks, Randi.

cpetecpetealmost 7 years ago
This one was a classic

even for JPB the story is one of his best, which makes the tale one of the best on LW

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
@anonymous "Why"

Hate for women, hmm. The only hate I've seen here today is from you. I see despite for cheaters, but no hate for women. The two are not synonymous, you know. Women are a large group. Cheating women make up a subset of that large group.

As someone with a vested interest in women, and a lack of hatred toward the same, I think I can speak. The real haters of women are people such as you. People who view women as objects to be used, rather than people with whom to have a relationship. You view women as objects upon which to slake your desire. Normal people view women as people who can be friends, companions, partners, and yes, even enemies.

Bob, in the story, did not hate women. He hated cheaters, but not women. He loved women and tried to have relationships with several. Some worked out, some didn't. The real woman haters are those who try to turn them into mere orifices for use and abuse. People like you. Great story, JPB. Five stars from me.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 7 years ago
What a fucked up mess -- I loved it!

5*

NeuroBillNeuroBillalmost 7 years ago
Better than the often JPB

JPB is always good, but too many times, good at a 4, amusing, interesting, adequate, but not unexpected and not complex.This story, The 3 B's, is a home run. Really good. Thank you, JPB. Keep them at this level and the praise will keep coming.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60almost 7 years ago
You don't know "Bob"

If you are looking for reconciliation in a JPB story, keep looking, it's seldom his style, hatred against females has nothing to do with it, unless she is a "serial" cheater, then I would think it's a mental issue. I, myself could do without the violent ending. Thanks JPB, glad you're "back in true form".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Classic JPB

JPB writes all types of stories in the LW category: BTB, reconciliation, cuckold. You can always find something you like. I hope he posts the other three stories. Keep up the good writing, Bob. By the way, your writing has improved measurably over the years!

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
"You are dead to me."

Usually characters mean that figuratively, not literally.

ohioohioalmost 7 years ago
Another triple, if not a home run

A great story--the only reason I don't call it a home run is the title: "The Three B's" obviously refers to a three-base hit, or a triple.

As others have said, the term Legend is thrown around a bit loosely, but JPB is a true Legend. Thanks for another really good one!

ohio

john1946john1946almost 7 years ago
Yes

And thats JPB. Never a question if it is worth reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 stars

Good to have you back. Hope we get to read the other three stories that you send to Randi.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 7 years ago
5 star

Thank gid Bob is back to help save the LW category. I

However, i did miss Pauline French... what a babe. Was there ever a real Pauline Bob??

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 7 years ago
finally

Finally a good one from you Bob. Great work.

blackswordblackswordalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

Even if i didn't understand why Barb and Mike turned like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry, can't sing with the choir.

It was okay but the sudden events in the end soured it for me. Why, if his wife loved him so much, would she suddenly turn into a major slut? You gave absolutely noting in her past to make that believable.

I also had a problem with him making friends with Mike so readily. There were some other minor problems but it was the end that really killed for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
trash

Complete and utter trash. There was 0 flow to this story. Recycled drivel. Why were you included in the legends II I will never know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good one until the end.

Then it felt a little rushed. Always room for more details. Nice twist that his wife turns out to be Bev. Had to chuckle at that one. Thanks for the read. It was a great Fourth of July in the loving wives section. I do hope you finish the other three stories you're working and post them soon. The Loving Wives section needs all the help it can get!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written story

Good story, well written, nice plot. In a departure from your other stories, no kinky sex - but that's OK, a change is as good as a holiday.

phill1cphill1calmost 7 years ago
Didn't like it...

Sorry, but the Mary Alice relationship didn't ring true. Most men, in real life, would find out the actual depth of the relationship between their woman and some other man. While Seth Reardon was cast as a bad guy, what did he really do that was bad? He dated and fucked, presumably, a non-married woman. He did nothing wrong. And the protagonist never actually confronted him and made any claim over MA. So, yeah, that's really on him, not Seth Reardon, not Mary Alice.

I get really tired of reading about male victims. Guys that don't actually act like men. They act like pussies. If a woman I cared about is going on a date with someone and I see it, I'm going to let them BOTH know I don't appreciate it. I'm going to force the issue and act like a man, not like I'm owed anything. "She was dating a guy and I turned tail and ran..." No, a man who is interested in a woman makes sure his intentions are known to ALL the parties involved.

And, for all the times Mary Alice tried to get back with him, she never actually explained her feelings. She never really admitted that she cheated and/or why satisfactorily. So, that made the story less realistic. Really, none of the female characters seemed authentic, kinda like a Zane Grey novel with the same boilerplate of Salt of the Earth guy and dippy, selfish, immature woman. Like it was clips from all his other stories.

My suggestion: give the Legends Day more notice so that the legends have enough time to write stories that befit their status.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you. 5-Stars

Throughly enjoyed this story. Looking forward to more from you. You never disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Once a cheater...

...always a cheater. It is the truth.

Nice to see you've been able to dispense with at least 50% of the 'that's.' Probably the same amount of 'had's.' Much better, the flow is smoother. So many more could have easily been gotten rid of, but, oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I understand grammar isn't as important in a setting such as Lit. But still it is important, and we should treat it thusly. If any budding novelists were reading these short stories and wrote similarly, they would never get past a simple query to an agent or editor.

Seriously.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Extra swaps

Another enjoyable JPB story, so 5 stars, even though I think our hero had a few too many faithless women to be very plausible. After Barb went through pain and remorse, why did she wind up being a whore in the end? We can't have just about every woman in these stories act this way. Bev seems like settling, more than a final true and long lasting love. Maybe the unromantic moral is: marry for convenience, not for love. Keep your expectations low and don't be disappointed. Oh, I forgot about Barb really working hard to get that ring on her finger again- it begs the question again, why?? I guess I have more faith in women than JPB.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

Fucking damn. That was a show-stopper. In life people make bad decisions but in this tale everyone made a bad decision. Lots of back-stabbing and betrayal but in the end the best couple have a happily ever after. Tremendous tale.

Five Stars and a Favorite

kage440kage440almost 7 years ago
Grrrreat

I really liked the story/ The only think I would have enjoyed is more on the back story of Mary Alice and Seth. Did they eventually get married? And why she never fully explained why she kept going back to him.

Other than that it was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Legendary

This is one of your best (possibly even your best) stories. Plot, character development are all finely crafted. Your hero is likable, principled and not at all clueless. The bitches were fully developed (though I agree Mary Alice is a bit thin) and not at all cartoonish. The ending, however, was too cliche. All the baddies neatly removed in a blaze of stupid; better to leave them swapping bodily fluids in a death spiral of dysfunctional relationships. Still, legendary. Thanks, Bob. 5 stars. JPR

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Truly Great One

The Old Master rides again! Usually I like your work except when it gets into humiliation. Perhaps----

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story until...

The story was pretty good until the part with the deaths of Barb, Mike and Ted. That was too contrived

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 7 years ago
Supurb

Very well done. You kept the plot simmering with fountains of drama every so often.

A master you are

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not too bad

Not too bad all in all.

Bev was obviously wrong about Barb learning her lesson and would die before she hurt Bob again. Even if she didn't, having a three way with Mike and Ted, then kiling them all off hurt the story.

But the part with Mary Alice slapping his face seemed out of place and her saying he should have fought for her. Why would this happen so many years later when they had no involvement whatsoever?

Think the story would've been better if Barb did learn her lesson and they were together at the class reunion. Then when Mary Alice slapped Bob's face for no apparent reason, she got her ass kicked by a pregnant Barb.

Just glad he actually had an ending to a story, even if I didn't like it all that much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!!! 5Stars!!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 7 years ago
Liked it a lot

My only complaint: the ending is too clean. 2 of them dead, sure. All 3? too clean. Let Barb live out her life with one leg, or a colostomy bag, knowing she fucked-up beyond humanly possible.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
When you decide it's time for the conclusion

You don't drag it out Bang and it's over

But, leading up to then I thought we were in a loop. One woman after another, all to the same unsatisfactory stalemate including his mother. He had become a line dance hand-me-down.

icebreadicebreadalmost 7 years ago
Nice one.

so BR picked this one from three stories you sent her... Let's see the other two then Bob. (Please)

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Good story.

Very entertaining read!

Liked the Country theme.

Don't know the dances,

but George Strait's "The Chair"

is one of my favorites.

Thanks JPB for a damn good story!

Top billing from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good one

Maybe one of your best, and no open ending

khkrkhkralmost 7 years ago
hey retard

you have no imagination whatsoever. Plus Bob is also an asshole so how come he get free pussy all the time. I can almost sense the weakling behind this story that got so burned by his wife and so afraid of her that he hides in a basement and tortures us by writing stories that aren't worth shit. Go suck your wife's ass while a man fucks her pussy you cuckold.

ArsVampyreArsVampyrealmost 7 years ago
Some of your best work

I really enjoyed this one. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very good But

Your stories are some of the best. This competes with some of the best with the exception that I really didn't find the finish very satisfying. Obviously Mary Alice got lost, but the "big three" of Barb, Mike and Ted all getting shot (and killed) somehow disappoints.

Some of it is taste, of course, but that's my taste. Otherwise, a bit of a long story but really very good.

Tiny Tim

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Bob, Ted, Carol & Alice

A veritable merry go round of relationships, my head was spinning by the end. Love u JPB but not this story.

Argonaut_1975Argonaut_1975almost 7 years ago

Not a bad story, but the ending was a bit pointless.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

"That was for not fighting for me, asshole." - Not this crap again! She breaks a date with her steady boyfriend, lies about it to go on a date with someone else, and HE'S supposed to fight for her?

"Is that what this is all about? We need to talk. Come and get me and we can talk on the way to the church." - What could there POSSIBLY be to talk about? If by SOME chance she had a legitimate reason, she should have told him at the time.

"Nothing happened, Bob" - Something DID happen! She went on a date with another man!

Even if it's true about the problem, you don't accept dates from someone else when you have a boyfriend that you have been going steady with for SIX years, sheesh!

Re: Satisfying curiosity - Yes, they could have stopped being exclusive, still dated each other as well as others, maybe after a while they decide to be exclusive again.

I'm surprised his mother had nothing to say there, she should have been endorsing his feelings.

"It wasn't that easy, of course" - It doesn't bode well that she's ALREADY breaking her promise to leave him alone if he spoke to her.

It's a good sign that Irene's friends are loyal to their men; it speaks well for Irene's character.

While I'm disappointed that Irene didn't tell him about the promotion until the last minute, I don't put it in the MA category, though her not even giving him a fond farewell was tacky. I would have thought they had more of a relationship than that, and who knows, their paths may have crossed again.

"I saw a pissed off expression on Barb's face." - What in the hell does SHE have to be pissed off about? That he wasn't home crying over her picture? Get over yourself, biyatch!

Why does she keep crying over him? She obviously doesn't care enough for him to not fuck him over!

Fuck Mike! Tough guy, soldier, is willing to fight him? Why would Rob want to fight him? Barb made her choice, he has no need to fight. Mike taking Ted's SIDE is one thing, deliberately sabotaging Rob and Barb's relationship is something else again!

"you need to go into it knowing that it will never be any more than that." - The smart thing here, if it indeed never is any more than that, she can't say that he didn't tell her, and the door's open should HE change his mind.

The wedding was going to be the next day, did Bev and Mike change the date when Barb split with Rob?

"God knows that enough people kept telling me that" - Too bad you didn't listen, and excuse Rob for not knowing your "rules!"

I don't condone it, but I can understand Barb cheating with Ted, she had done it before, though she had supposedly learned her lesson. But cheating with her sister's husband, the sister that had stood by her, that got Rob to forgive her and even marry her?

@Anonymous Re: "standard JPB" - What was evil about Bev, or even Irene? In a drama you need heroes and villains.

@Anonymous Re: "Sorry, can't sing with the choir." - Barb didn't suddenly turn into a slut, she just kept her sluttiness well hidden. I do agree that the friendship with Mike was too easy.

@phill1c - While I agree that it's not on Seth, and I don't think he was held to account in anyway, but I can't see how you absolve MA and blame Rob! What "claim" did he have to make on MA? They were exclusive, she knew it and blew it off!

SigintSigintalmost 7 years ago
Well...

It WAS a JPB story.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
Great Story

I will read it again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Phoned it in.

JPB, while it was better than 80% of the scribbling out there, we both know you phoned this one in. Expecting better out of you next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story from you.

The ending was unexplained and 3dead .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nicely done...

...you know, women sometimes are actually like this.

I was set to be married when my betrothed wanted to 'talk.' It knocked the wind out of my sails when she told me we were too young, we needed to get out and see other people before we settle down...yada yada... Like after we broke it off and fucked other people, we'd actually get back together? Yeah, right...

It took her about a year of fucking at least two other guys before Pam decided she made a mistake. yeah, she actually threw herself at me. I ignored her, acted as if I didn't hear or see her when she tried to be nice. Usually at a party, down at the lake, sometimes in the store or even passing on the street. To me she no longer existed.

Friends interceded in her behalf, telling me how much she still loved me, what a mistake she made, blah, blah, blah. It got old real quick. Did I take her back? Hell no! I avoided her, never spoke to her, until she cornered me at a deli with two of her friends.

At first she came off as angry, for ignoring her. Like I wanted a whore-shrew. Then when she got weepy, I had enough. I explained, in front of her friends, how much I loved her, how badly it hurt each time I saw her with one of my replacements, knowing her cunt while likely pumped full of his cream. How awful it was when I saw them kissing intimately like we used to do. How I didn't replace her, see other people, she was the one for me. Of course at that she brightened.

But she realized I meant it when I didn't want to even touch her. After seeing her enjoyment of my replacements, to even be as close as across the table from her, made my skin crawl. She disgusted me and I blamed her for taking my wife away and destroying her. And I couldn't live like that seeing her everyday. Besides, as I explained to her and her friends, I saw her out the night before with one of her old fuck-buddies and didn't believe they were just playing cards.

I left the table and didn't look back. Within a week I relocated to a farm in Kansas (from Florida) and learned to run equipment. Friends told me she moved in with a new guy and they were talking marriage. It hurt, I still loved her, but she wasn't the woman I'd asked to marry me.

Twenty years later I returned to my hometown and learned she died a few years earlier. She did marry the guy and had a pretty good marriage from what folks knew. She had an inoperable benign brain tumor slowly choking her life away and it finally took her. I wished it could have been me to help her through it, but it wasn't. I was married with four boys of my own and a beautiful wife who loved helping me on the farm.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Nicely done"

I disagree with how you handled your situation. Unlike MA here, your betrothed TOLD you upfront, didn't go behind your back. That was the proper, respectful way to do it, and shouldn't close the door to getting back together.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x

Would it be okay if I commented on your commenting about other comments? I was just wondering...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The "nicely done" guy in the comments was well within his rights not to take his fiance back after she broke things off with him to go fuck multiple guys, if he didn't want to. How is her wanting him back any more of an obligation than him not wanting her to cancel their wedding in the first place?

He wouldn't have been justified in hating her forever over it, but he didn't do that anyway.

As for the story, it was a good one, Bob. Thanks.

Cog

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 7 years ago
Very

Good story. Thanks for giving it an ending instead of leaving us hanging. Lots of twists and turns...enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dear Bob, why don't you do people?

Maybe its just me, but in almost all of JPB stories I feel something is left out, missing, omitted, overlooked, ignored. I think JPB is uninterested or ill equipped to do people, their hearts, their minds, their souls. Bob seems to enjoy doing dramatic emotional even heart rending scenes and events that include people, but they are like characters in a silent movie. We have either only a shallow idea, or no clue at all, why the characters are doing what they are doing. Most of their explanations are short, glib, and preposterous. And often totally contrary to their previous actions and supposed character. That's why so many JPB stories are at first kind of interesting or intriguing, but after more thought and consideration of the plot and the events, I find myself thinking, That doesn't make any sense!

Why was Mary Alice such a good friend and lover and partner for so long, then suddenly becomes a cheating lying whore? Or was she always and Bobby was just too dense and out of touch to notice before now? When Mary Alice got caught with Reardon at the theater why didn't she immediately go into damage control? Come up with some excuse? And why did she expect Bobby to just show up for the wedding the next day without any discussion or explanation? And why does she seem so clueless that Bobby is upset, or thinks he wouldn't be upset? And why does she think she can continue to fuck Reardon while telling Bobby that she's sorry and loves him? The character of Mary Alice is just too stupid or shallow or unbelievable, and she ends up being a cartoon character. She just does whatever JPB needs her to do to keep the story moving, without rhyme or reason. The whole opening scene with her slapping Bobby years after they are through was never explained, and leaves us wondering what was the point. But JBP doesn't use people to make points, just to create scenes.

Most of the other failing female characters are presented pretty much in the same vein; Bitches Be Crazy. Irene loves him, so she leaves him without any explanation. Barb loves him, for years, then eventually shits all over their marriage, for nothing but a slut's lifestyle. And Bobby never had a clue what kind of person Barb really was? And Bev spends years with Mike, but apparently never had a clue what kind of person he was? I guess Bastards Be Crazy too?

All the events and the scenes involving people are well constructed and told with gripping suspense and detail. But motives, values, attitudes, reasoning, goals, ambitions, temptations, Bob ain't got time for all the humanity and soul searching bull shit. People Be Crazy. Next question.

So, this was better than the usual hamburger, fries, and a coke, thanks for that. Enjoyed the onion rings and the chocolate malt, with a slaw dog on the side. It was more than the usual, but not any better quality. Its only frustrating because any reader of JPB knows the quality is in there, and sometimes is in his stories. Its always disappointing when a great chef serves you canned hash, even when its pretty decent hash.

Thanks for the effort. I'll keep waiting for the next offering, and hoping for one of your inspired creations. This wasn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re: Dear Bob, why don't you do people?

Best comment in a while. Explains perfectly what happens in EVERY SINGLE ONE of this authors works. What is wrong with JPB's head?

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 7 years ago
Not well done!!!

Your protagonist is described like an idiot!! How much brainless has a men to be to act like your buddy? Even its a fantasy it has to be believable! Your story is only laughable!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
finis

nice wrap up !

smokepole

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
who rah

Good for Bobby (and Bev). Great story. thanks for sharing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
A legendary tale

from a legendary author.

Nothing short of brilliant.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Comments on Comments

@betrayedbylove Re: "Commenting on my comment on other comments" - Go for it!

@Anonymous 07/08/17 Re: "nicely done" - I never said the commenter wasn't within his rights, just that his situation was exactly the same as in the story, and that his betrothed did things the right way. If he chose not to accept the situation, he was well within his rights.

@Anonymous 07/08/17 Re: "Dear Bob ..." - I would add, why was Bev so clueless about Barb, her SISTER?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry to dissent....

But I've read this story before. Different names, but always the same idiot people making the same idiot choices.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Deja Vu

I feel like I've read this story before, or one extremely close to it. The whole cehating, then going out with the dancing-dating scenario and more cheating at the end with him marrying the last prospect.

Perhaps JPB already did write the scenario out, and plain forgot about? He has uploaded enough stories for it to be plausible, or it is is another LW writer with a similar style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Perfunctory

Told without emotion. Why would I give a shit about any of the assholes in the story?

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 7 years ago
Go Ask Alice

Why she wasn't in the shootout at the end. The initial culprit seems to have gotten of Scot free while worms feed on the 3 musketeers.

Bobby rolls with the punches like a typical JPB protag and gets plenty of tail but does seems snakebite. Barbie gettin spit roasted kind of came out of the blue as did the coupe de grâce at Ted's place. We don't need to know all about Bobby's psyche, just that he was wronged and that in no small measure fate evened the scales.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Loved it

A truly enjoyable saga with nice twists along the way. Five stars. The other Legends Day participants should take note... This is what LW is about.

ace4869ace4869almost 7 years ago
Loved it!

Excellent story JPB. 5*'s just cause I can!

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
Saga

This tale reminds me of Shakespeare's "Hamlet" when almost all protagonists finish up dead.

Enjoyed the read, great finish.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Good tale

Randi did indeed pick the right story to be published by JPB.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
#2 AND IN THE END

the keystone kops make an appearance, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

OK, I had no idea how this one was going to end until the final twist. Most stories in this category are somewhat predictable: there's sometimes uncertainty about whether the guy will take her back, or at least uncertainty as to how he will get even. But it was pretty hard to see this one coming. Thanks for keeping us guessing. Great story!

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 7 years ago
great 5*

lots of betrayal, cheating, the "hits" just kept coming, barb was an evil cuckolding bitch clearly trying to get impregnated by anyone but her husband. perfect "loving wives" tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I gave it five stars.

It was a great story. I found the ending to be a bit of a bummer. But it had good character development, lots of plot twists and was paced well. Panther fan.

Bo47Bo47over 6 years ago
I knew those folks

It was in high school that love blossomed, and the honey bee was spreading pollen among the wild flowers when love died and rose Phenix like from the ashes to bloom again and die again about once a month, often with the same couples. You needed a program to know Who's on first and Who's stealing home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Our hero

Bob must be some special kind of guy if beautiful women are compelled to fuck him...and then fuck him over...repeatedly. Only thing missing was a stray slug going out the window and punching MA in the heart, while driving so she swerves and runs over Irene for the trifecta! 5 stars. You still got it, Bob.

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
Good job, glad you wrote it

and glad I read it. Also thanks to Randi for choosing this story.

Pappy

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Man, these hoes ain't loyal...

First, the story as a whole: definitely one of Bob's best - quite re-readable, with a righteous ending for its hero, even though the total BTB at the end was a little bit too far-fetched, if not totally deserved. 5*

Now, let's have a couple of words about them cheating ladies...

I mean, don't get it wrong - I know I am reading a JPB story, and, as such, always should expect its female double-steppers to take their actions not as mere infidelities, but as a true contact sport (in most of his stories, them bitches don't just cheat: they C-H-E-A-T, as if those whores are going to drop dead tomorrow!) But, even if you look at it through that angle, some of the women here... Oy vey.

Let's start with the easiest one: Irene. Her reaction to realize she was about to fall hard for Bobby is extreme, zero doubt about it, but still, in some ways, understandable. Girl has issues, she knows she has issues, but, instead of working on them with a guy who seems worth the effort, decided to run away. Not at all a healthy move, both mentally and emotionally, but understandable. In a way, it would have probably be worth it for Denton to not take it so dismissively, and try to fight for her - it's more than probable that she would have cave real quick if he did, plus getting Irene's full trust would have save him some major headaches in the long run. Still one of the best relationships this poor bastard ever had, though - 'pretty much says it all, doesn't it!?

Mary Alice... man, MA is simply fucking insane - like, truly certifiable / should be put in an asylum for her own good. Thing is, she is so narcissistic, it's pretty impossible to feel sorry for her for her obvious mental problems. Shit, if you decided to start a non-hold-barred, years long campaign to get your ex back by proving to him you can be faithful... at a minimum, BE GODDAMN FAITHFUL. In a way, though, you gotta blame Bobby for always allowing her to think she may still have a chance to win him back - his ultra-soft pedaling about them being done were so weak-sauced, no wonder even his mom didn't think they were truly over! He has plenty of opportunity to CRUSH HER, to make it crystal clear that hell would freeze over before they were an item again... but he never did - hell, he even started up again with her! I got more to say about this idiotic behavior Denton kept showing, but that's for later. Basically, if Irene got issues, Mary Alice should be held indefinitely in a psych ward...

... Right next to Barb. Man, is this woman extremely hard - strike that, simply impossible to understand! It's part of JPB's allure that you never really grasp what makes his female protagonists so willing to completely disrespect the men they claimed to love unconditionally. But Barb... she brings this notion to a whole new level. To see her go through everything she went through to finally win the man she claimed to love above anyone else, so much so that she even wrote to Bob that 'no one could possibly love you more than I do'... for her to get her 'happily ever after'... just so she could completely blow it up, PLUS destroy her relationship with her sister with it... Man, if that's not insane, there's no such thing as insanity! The fuck kind of hold Ted had on her, anyway? See, a chick like Barb is why you should always give much kudos for women like Irene - the latter knew she was no good in a marriage, but, obviously, the former didn't! Seriously, it would have served her much better to have lose the two closest people in her life (Bob and Bev), than watching Ted and Mike get themselves killed, than having to live the rest of her days alone, as a sorry excuse for a whore - for real, death was too mercifully a exit for her.

If only Bob stick to his guns and didn't go back to her... but that's his major flaw, isn't it? Even though he obviously could have got pussies easily if he put in a little bit of effort, Denton isn't the kind of (smart) guys to walk away from fucking his exes, regardless of how crazy they obviously were. His second try with MA still doesn't make any sense to me - so he's only in it for the available vag, says to himself he isn't committed as before, even though he isn't dating or looking for anyone else out there, and allow her to discuss them getting married without saying anything to contradict her... so why was he mad when he saw her with Seth again? Why did he ghost her afterward? In his mind, she was only 'community pussy' already, so why not take her call and just casually said "Why should care that you kept on fucking Reardon? YOU'RE NOT MY GIRLFRIEND - we're just fucking here! What - you still thought we were getting married or something? Wow... MA, you're seriously crazy! That being said, though, you're good pussy, so, if you still want to come over and suck my dick, I don't have any plan tonight... my door's open!" I'm not clearly stating what exactly they were felt into Mary Alice's delusional that they were meant to end up together. So, on that level, if he felt hurt upon her upteempth betrayal... I do not feel the least bit sorry for his dumbass. Even if 'friends with benefits' arc with Barb was moronic - when you enter that kind of agreement with someone else, YOU SHOULD DATE OTHER PEOPLE, it's a big part of the package! Staying exclusive to your FWB squeeze, hell, MOVING IN with her... fuck, how dumb can you be?

So no, Bob didn't deserved most of the crap that fell on him... but he certainly asked for some of it! Hopefully, Bev will remain his true North, so he doesn't have to tackle the dating scene again - definitely not his forte.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*2.5 Yada Yada Yada

On and on and on !

Far fetched storyline taken far beyond its limits. I guess it's just a "just plain" thing that whenever a writer calls himself "just plain Bob" or "Billy Bob" or "good old Joe" we're in for a repetitive bunch of downhome self agrandizing bullshit.

This story was so simple it could have been wrapped up in one page.

Sorry Bob, I'm just plain not impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Continuity!

That’s what they scream on the Hollywood set when people move between shots. Author’s need a continuity check too. Bob says in one paragraph Irene is two years older than him and then later it’s one year. Some authors even forget their protagonist’s names which really adds to confusion -just sayin’ it can break up the story credibility. Otherwise I gave it a five.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story but...

most of your characters seem to learn the hard way. I mean how it took him to realize that MA was a cheating slut? And why did he took Barb back knowing she eventually would do it again?

Another JPB constant is that your characters seem to think with their penises and not their brains. Your heroes do that a lot in your stories. Please try to write about different kind of males for a change, not just horny stupid ones.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Wow

Jerry Springer would have wet dreams thinking about this one being on His Show!

As for the story, Yeah You get My Endorsement★★★★★ WOOF!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

Irene's feelings about marriage can explain her willingness to move away and break up with Rob, but it doesn't explain her not telling him until the last minute.What, was she afraid that if she told him she was offered a promotion and transfer that he'd try to talk her out of it?

Is MA psycho? She "loves" Rob, and wants him back, but every chance she has, she's back with Seth, the guy that caused their break-up! As far as I know she and Rob aren't exclusive right now, but couldn't she find a different guy to go out with when Rob's out of town?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
History

A bit of history of what happened to Mary Alice from time they started seeing each other after Irene left to when she slapped his face at the reunion would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Duh

You don't meet a woman at a C and. W bar. They run a little on the whore side.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 6 years ago
Mike was an ass

So MIke was best friends with Ted from early on and would have taken Ted's side no matter what. How did he justify breaking up an engagement, especially since he himself was engaged? I guess that an exclusive relationship only applies to his fiance and himself. Who cares about someone else's engagement? That must be for others to be concerned about.

Looking at that little fact makes me surprised that Bobby shook hands with Mike so quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Never

We never got an update on Mary Alice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anon of 06/03/18

We don't need one. It's obvious what happened to her. She was getting banged by Seth and probably hundreds of other guys over the years, and learning absolutely nothing. She may have suckered a couple of guys into taking care of her financially, before they too got tired of her never-closing legs. She's probably bent over in an alleyway right now, getting rammed from behind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
That was a story full of jackals

He should have moved to another town - a LONG ways away. Or stopped going to cowboy bars. Or he should have gone looking for Irene. Pretty good story. Not sure I was down with the violence at the end, but this is a fictional story and author's choice.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
I'd Give It Seven Years With Bev

Sure there was no reasons given, but come on, MA cheated and gone, Irene just gone, Barb cheated and gone. This guy is batting a 100% the wrong way. With each one he fell in love and was all into it. So what are the odds that this one he is into will last?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A lot of incestuous relationships in this one.

Not real incest but a lot of close people screwing around. Not sure he should have rebounded with Bev but shit happens.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Best

One of the best, and only, endings I've ever seen from a JPB story. All three ass holes died. Too bad, but I love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Enjoyed this story very much.

Some parts could have been more exciting, or handled differently, but I wasn’t

writing, but only reading, and I thouroughly liked this tale. 5 stars from me!

R.MxT56t

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Have to comment.

This was a great story Bob. Happy to see an ending on it too.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...