All Comments on 'The Ties That Bind Ch. 02'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Possibly improving

but the psychobabble excuses for cheating truly don't hold up really well - I hope you have something better up your sleeve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good but..

This chapter didn't really advance the plot much. And having known a couple of lesbians in real life the reaction of Connie at the end doesn't seem very realistic, drunk or not.

kilcannonkilcannonabout 18 years ago
Why!?

I usually love your stories, but why do some authors here insist on feeding us their stores peicemeal?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
So far, so good

Just please don't fall into the "its not her fault, she was psychologically damaged" escape route. It has been used before, though admittedly it isn't exactly the most well used cliche.

My opinion of that kind of "excuse the wife's barbaric actions" cop-out is: well, if she did it because of mental issues, what's to say she won't do it again? How does the husband know that the person he thought he had married is the person he /actually/ married? He may find, once the psychiatric issues are sorted out, that his "wife" is really a personality type he would rather not be married to in the first place.

In other words, any reconciliation that goes down that road must take into account that therapy, counselling and rebuilding trust in the relationship will almost certainly take years. Hell, she might require counselling for the rest of her life. So don't pull any quick "overnight forgiveness" tricks on us, please. Minimum I can see would be a year, and that would be pushing the bounds of realism.

Great description of the poker party. Best part of this chapter. Could you please hurry up with the rest? The wait on chapters is annoying.

PArebelPArebelabout 18 years ago
Waiting for the conclusion

I am anxiously waiting for your conclusion.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
So far this story is a real crock of shit

There is a train coming down the track and its its called the "RECONCILIATION AT ALL COSTS EXPRESS "....

choo Choo!!!

There is far too much psychology here and far too much lesbians trying straight men sex in this chapter... I usually LOVE blue 88's story but this is just crap

This is just an attempt to throw shit on the hubby to force a reconciliation...

why do writers always do that ? Look at OHIO's works... he does it all the time.

The point is that Her previous experience with a cheating husband is NOT a legitimate excuse in any way in any shape or form for Her to believe what BOB was telling her without ever confronting the Hubby directly...

Her need for revenge actually Placed her Own life in Jeopardy !!!! and is a sure sign she is completely mental BUT at the same time this is something that cannot be over looked or forgiven or forgotten .

suppose BOB had decided to KILL her... ? suppose BOB decide to kill the hubby? suppose they has kids....?

....."Suddenly my head snapped up. It was if a lightbulb had clicked on in my head. Sonofabitch, she had choreographed this whole scenario. I was living through a nightmare from the erotic story site on the internet. We had laughed about the silly plots and I was now living it. I knew then that Shelly was unbalanced. She was punishing me just like the poor schmucks in those stories. But what she had forgotten was that most of them were innocent of the crime for which they were being punished. ...

If she is truly NUTS -- after all she was in therapy for over two years-- again why accept her back? come on folks we all what is going to happen here...

"See, David. Doesn't Bob have a nice cock. Hmmm, I think that it's quite a bit larger than yours, isn't it?" she asked softly. "Well, I do know that it's thicker, I can feel that, and look how it's leaking. I think that he's really excited, don't you, David? Were your sluts excited when you screwed them, David? Did your cock leak like Bob's?" Her voice had become biting and vindictive.

"I wonder how he tastes, David? Do you mind if I just tasted him a little, honey? After all, I'm sure you tasted some strange pussy, especially when you were away on professional conferences."

Yet we all know what is coming down the tracks... watch how the author never has the hubby deal with the fact she went out her way to humuiate him and tried to KILL him.

Not a word of this will be mentioned. watch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
a let down

I have an internal debate as to whether this chapter advanced the story; certainly, there are elements that could have been dropped. You could have jettisoned Susan and Connie from the plot and improved the story. Those two are NOT portrayed as friends but as hedonistic alcoholic lesbians bent on teasing a male. That is their portrayal. Why they are in the plot is beyond me.

When do we hear from Shelly? When do we hear from Fallow? If you wanted to add pathos then tell us how Shelly is doing in the hospital. In addition, telling us that Fallow has been charged does not satisfy any need to have the scales balanced. Is the guy defiant? Is he remorseful? Is his marriage over? You could have dropped the description of what clothes the husband put on and instead could have given us more detail of the other main characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I agree...

...this story is for the looney. You're expecting us to believe that three highly educated professionals, who initially showed some concern, play strip poker while the man's wife is in the hospital? Some friends they are! That's preposterous!!!

Also, if there is taped, recorded evidence of her betrayal, especially with her venomous words toward her husband so clearly stated on it, no jury in the world is going to believe that she was coerced into making those statements, even though she may have been "tricked" into betraying him. Her words are evidence of a choice, though it may have been a choice made under duress.

The first chapter was bad enough. You just sealed it for me. I won't read whatever idiotic prose you can think up to put an end to this. No matter what you come up with, it will not resolve the damange you did in this chapter.

daluentdaluentabout 18 years ago
what's with the lesbian bashing?

Shit,I started to get a boner when they did the strip poker. I'm sorry, but Connie must be Bi[she was married before]. I just wished he would have fucked the shit out of the 2 girls. That would have been the best therapy ever lol. Only kidding. Blue don't listen to these assholes. Finnish the story anyway you want. With high regards. Luis

cloacascloacasabout 18 years ago
A criminal justice and a writer's note

You never mentioned in this chapter his being drugged. The drugging is a felony. If Fallow "forced" the wife into administering the drug, then he should have been charged with that - plus unlawful imprisonment at the very least since he knew the husband was tied up and perhaps kidnapping. If Fallow did the actual binding, then he might be looking at spending the rest of his life behind bars. Much more substantial and much easier to get conviction on than rape.

Also, I would think drugging would have an influence on the husband's feelings toward his wife; he came over to talk and she committed a felony by drugging and binding him while he was out. That may be a way to reconcile them; she was so disturbed she agreed to this plan.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Very good writing

I'll wait for the last chapter to comment. You are doing a great job of keeping me interested.

With respect

PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Is this story going anywhere?

This chapter didn't seem to have any real point or purpose to it. Maybe next chapter will tie some of the stray plot lines into something a little more coheasive

I'm guessing that it's going to be a brain tumor.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
wrt CLOACAS point

WRT --with regard to CLOACAS point about the drugging of the hubby

....Also, I would think drugging would have an influence on the husband's feelings toward his wife; he came over to talk and she committed a felony by drugging and binding him while he was out. That may be a way to reconcile them; she was so disturbed she agreed to this plan....

Folks have to remember the storyline correcly.

FIRST he finally had enough of wife's strange behvior and exploded in rage at her... and she in the stoRy showed some fear and Doubt about what believed Hubby was doing.

then Hubby walks out...

so at that CRUCIAL moment what did the wife do? the wife does TWO things

1) she talks to MILLIE... but REFUSES to tell MILLIE what the evidence is. Millie subsquently tells the Hubby

......She stood there, pensive for a moment, and then shook her head. "I just don't understand it. There has to be a reason why Shelly is so certain that you were unfaithful. I just couldn't get her to tell me why."

Not telling the Hubby... well perhaps that is beleiveable if the wife is really enraged which she clearly was.

Not telling Millie? THAT is a character Flaw... NOT a mental illness.

SECOND --- she TRICKS hubby to come back and drugs him.

sorry folks attempted MURDER ...which is EXACTLY what the drugging is... is not forgiveable

Hubby could of died --MANY people do from seemingly bad allergic reactions to medicines/ recreational drug use.

The point is that the argument for mental illness does NOT wash if the goal is to reconcile...and many of you dont see that cirtical point

WHY would YOU or any spouse be willing to risk getting back together with anyone that fucked up in the head?

NO form of therapy is THAT good... no form of therapy is that certain in its results. If she gets better one day leave the nut case whore and send her a Xmas card once a year.

and if one day she shows up at your door 2 3 or 8 years from now... get your Gun and keep shooting until the magazine is empty

hammer17hammer17about 18 years ago
Well now!!!

As I see it the guy "Fallow" that caused all the trouble should also be charged with "drugging" David and double doseing his OWN wife!! That is ILLEGAL too you know!!!!!!! Good story so far though, BUT I still can't see David getting back together with his wife, after all SHE did belive the other guy when he said that David was cheating on her even if the photes were faked "you can tell faked pics"!!!!!!

REMEMBER Fallow admits on tape that he gave a double doze of the same drug to his own wife, and that he drugeed David!!!!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Still interesting

What's all the griping about. The man has friends and they are interacting with him to help him get through a terrible time. Happens all the time unless you have no immediate friends.

I'm still interested in finding out if Shelley was drugged also. Not a word, yet. Otherwise the explanation of Shelley's actions and breakdown is going to get complicated for me.

Ch3 should clear it all up. Waiting for the answer.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

I am waiting for part 3 to see where this is going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I too am waiting

But this is the way that the academic crowd deals with things. First they are not sure about to write a good story, second they are just plain wimp ( I would get my satisfaction with my own hands. Third they are just plain dumb. Fourth they are just plain dumb. Fifth they are just plain dumb. and sixth they are just plain dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another storm of controversy!

But I guess it goes with the genre.

The story is interesting, somewhat different. The editing is a little looser than usual for you but I attribute that to your visit to the ER. I know that would distract me!

Hang in there.

Regards, DJ

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
Hmmm, again blue

I'm still split, but for me I believe your going the reconcilation path the more I read of this story, but I'll wait till the end.

I say this because you did a couple things that give me this impression:

1.) When the husband told his foster parents what happened the first thing the foster father did was declare that she was obviously raped and the police needed to be called, even though 'she' setup the husband and forced him to watch her.

2.) The foster mother tried to steer the husband into going to the hospital to see the wife. I think the comment was along the lines of "She's still your wife David".

3.) The DA calls him in to try and make sure he saw it as rape too, and to try and "convince" him to make sure he saw it that way to.

4.) The husband kept thinking "Wild" thoughts that didn't match what he saw. Stuff like "How many men has she been sleeping with while we were married" and "I wonder how many times she has done this while we were married". This to me felt like you were trying to build up sympathy with the reader at how unfair the husband was treating the wife for her getting even with him for the fake affair he was supposed to have had.

5.) His foster parents trying to convince him that no matter what she has done she is his wife and she has a mental problem. That feels like the ground work for the "He has to forgive her because she couldn't help it defense".

6.) Put him in a room with two women that he was severly attracted to, and had him run from them when one of them was about a hearbeat away from having sex with him. Then you started having him question if he was being too much of a "prude" by not having sex with them. You had him starting to doubt himself.

7.) He talks "Wayyyy" to much about divorce in this story but he does nothing about it. If he was going to divorce her he would, but he's not. He's just going on and on about it but doing nothing but spinning his wheels while he sits in place.

8.) The story makes the reader feel like he's distancing himself from his wife when everyone else in the story feels he should be there because she obviously must be mentally not there is she would ever cheat on him. I mean I bet I know a lot of divorced cheaters that wish they could use this defense to get out of having to pay any penalty for cheating on their husband or wife.

This is just a few things amoung various other things in just this story alone that is starting to make this story feel more and more like your going to stick them back together at any cost regardless of what she has done to him.

But every character in your story seems to gloss over the fact that "She" tied him up to the chair by herself and she decided to drug him all on her own. Bob didn't come into the house till "After" she had done all of this. She was sane enough to think this all the way though on her own and to prepare everything on her own. But the way the story is written is that everyone is making excuses for her because of what happened to her in her past and because Bob tricked her. The fact is she choose to act on those fears instead of talking to her husband or at least confirming them.

Again I can't see reconcilation happening in this story but I'm going to offer a distant prediction:

I believe at some point your going to have the husband talk to the wive's shrink and by doing so gain some new "insight" into why she did what she did. This will start him thinking down a different path of "Can I possibly live with out her now that know she really may not be to blame". I also think that the foster parents are going to start to put some "indrect" pressure on him to see it as a mental problem and he'd be the worse human being who ever lived if he didn't forgive and forget what she did to him, possibly suggesting they get some "therapy" so they can get past this. I mean you have already started them doing so, I think it will be more obvious to the reader, beyond the subtle stuff your using now. And by the end of the story the wife will find out she has been tricked, beg the husband to come back and forgive her (usually using some variation of the "I've never really loved anyone like you. It was only the one time please forgive me for that" speach), and the husband at the end will walk that hard road to reconcilation with her after this.

I really, really, hope I'm wrong, but as of right now it feels more and more like this is the path your going to take.

Your story to tell as you see fit, but I hope it's really not as predictable as I think it is.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Police investigation?

After disclosing the "events of the evening" and the evidence of the bindings to his wrists and ankles the police would have no option but to take blood tests from him, secure the glass he drank wine from, the tape recording he made, the bed sheets, and the bindings. Shelley would be automatically charged with distributing and administering a controlled substance as well as involountary incarceration and possible kidnapping. The rape charge would be so weak I can't imagine a DA proceeding to trial with it. Although the tape does prove deceptive coercion on Fallow's part it and DNA evidence obtained from the bed sheets would probably be best used in an "Alienation of Affection" lawsuit in his divorce action. The fact that Shelley made no effort to verify the facts of his infidelity by interviewing the participants of the alleged affairs, colleagues attending her husband's conferences, or documenting her husband's activities by secretly having him surveilled doesn't bode well to the assertion of her intelligence. A little surreptious effort on her part would have easily revealed the deception of Fallow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
fine story sorry husband

As a big fan of yours, I am hoping you will tie up all the loose ends and finish up with another great story. I think, so far, in my opinion,you have portrayed Husband David as a self centered, egotistical whiner who does not seem to care about anyone but himself. Before the famous "revenge fuck" David refused to discuss Shelley's accusations and instead got advise from her male colleague. After the rape/seduction. while his wife is admitted to the hospital ,he goes home to rest and salve his wounded ego. Even when his foster mother suggests he visit wife in the hospital, he can't make it. He is too busy playing strip poker with a couple of gorgeous women. While the police and the court all concur that she was raped he doesn't agree with them . Now he's got to go to a restful cottage and feel sorry for himself while his wife remains in the hospital. How is she doing? He doesn't have the vaguest idea, He's too busy feeling sorry for himself. You're a fine writer, but you have a real task to bring this to a happy conclusion. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
???????????

Is this a new story? It has nothing to do with ch 1.

His friends are all so concerned for him, but, apparently, more so for her. They are all sure there is a good explanation. Sorry, not even in fantasyland.

His school friends are also so concerned for him and his fragile mental condition. So they try to make it better by getting him drunk (drugged again), playing strip poker and imposing sex on him (like the wife imposed watching). How is this designed to help him?

He started this chapter distraught and ready to leave her. He ended this chapter distraught and ready to leave her. We learned nothing new about him, her or Fallon. I know the characters in this chapter have the same names as the first and even refer to some of the circumstances, but, we learned nothing and nothing happened. What has any of this to do with the story?

BTW, Cloacas, as usual, is right about the legal stuff. But that tape clearly establishes that she participated voluntarily in the false imprisonment, assault and the sexual activity. None of that was elucidated in this chapter either.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
Time after time 60 yr old George PROVES

Time after time 60 yr old George PROVES he is total idiot.

Your comments about the hubby being self centered and the wife being raped.... shows that you are a morone.

LOL thats a good one... raped!!!

(most woman who are raped dont say to their husbands/ boyfriends..." hubby his cock is Much bigger than yours")...

While you complain about the hubby's BAD behavior and his self centeredness you moron you seem to to forget that the WIFE is the one who is consipred to commint a VIOLENT feloneous acts such as

1) of hostage taking

2) assault

3) criminal indifference to murder

4) illegal drug use

5) conspiracy to commit assualt and unlawful imprisonment

with another man NOT her husband ...to FUCK another man in front of the Hubby

even IF she believed David was havibng an affiar he never did it in front of her while she was impronsined lef cent

yet George is complaining about the HUBBY? and you make not a single negative word about the Wifes behavoir???!

Either 60 year old George is brain deadly stupid or senile. Please get medical help

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Incredible yet boring

Husband is either confused or upset or almost having sex or waiting for further instructions from his meddling friends. His wife was chemically altered by a co worker... Later on he participated in a mad party where every one is either drooling or taking off their clothing. I can’t believe that despite this incredible plot it was so boring boring boring. Did I mention boring?

patricia51patricia51about 18 years ago
Read this at lunch...

then thought about it all afternoon, to the great detriment of my attention at work I'm afraid. I'm enjoying it, now anyway. Chapter One was not fun to read, although needed to set up the story.

I just reread it again to confirm a nagging suspicion I had I will address in a moment. First though, I feel this chapter IS moving the story along. Fallow has been arrested and is being charged and looks to be going away for a long time. Goody! The husband is trying to deal, the nut case wife is in the hospital, probably not to get out again.

What I was considering was this: One of the early commentators mentioned that the poker game, particularly I think the strip poker, didn't seem like the way lesbians would act. It isn't. And that's because there is only ONE lesbian present at the dinner and the aftermath. That's Susan.

No where, NO WHERE is there a mention that Connie is gay. She's divorced? So what? She's sharing an aprtment with a lesbian? So what again? I have a friend who's apartment mate is a gay male. That doesn't make her one too. How about Connie is just living with a friend she feels safe with, likes and has a great condo?

In fact, there is one line that is rather convincing (to me anyway) that Susan and Connie are not in any kind of relationship. When things calm down after the incident of Connie on his lap, she tells him she will "Bunk with Connie tonight." If they are in fact a couple, that's a pretty pointless remark, she would be sleeping with Susan all the time. She's not. Therefore...

Who suggested the strip poker game? Susan. Why? To relax him? Hardly. To tease him? Why? SHe's not a nasty person, hard-nosed but she cares for him as a friend. I find it much more likely that Susan is trying to set two friends up, perhaps one who has confessed to her roommate her attraction to a certain guy? Yes, the timing stinks, but when you're drunk, dumb ideas become the stuff of genius.

I may be way out in left field. But I think there is a reason that Connie, through Susan, was brought in at this point. And if I'm wrong? Well, more than one person here has reminded me that I ain't as clever as I think I am. LOL. They're probably right.

Anyway, that's my guess. However it goes I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

Patti

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
A comatose chapter

A shortcut into chapter two: we find that the wife was actually a walking zombie! At least they were eating Goulash when they learned that! Essentially another “drugged to cheat” offering. It sterilizes all dramatic interest but it keeps (almost) every reader happy because now wife is as accountable as playdough to her actions. You just have to believe that the wife is a victim to a menacing psycho pharmacological manipulator who happened to be her co worker at the hotel. A wife as a walking Zombie! What an interesting premise. And to top it off - a co worker at the hotel who has the qualifications of a dangerous narcotic agent. He is equipped with drugs and the know-how of drug use to manipulate and control other people. Maybe he is actually an ex scientist from a secret military unit for psychological warfare, who ended up working under cover in the hotel and for some reason gone mad ? A SIGH… and so the ten year olds in my back yard use to play “let’s pretend” and I pretend that this is the transcribed text of their play.

In chapter two they ate Hungarian Goulash… as far as I’m concerned, that’s actually the highlight of this chapter (maybe because I love Goulash). Other than that, they bide their time A – LOT!. Examples: “Let's see how all of this played out….” Then a nice demonstration of how to use the phone: “I picked it up and said, "Hello"; another waiting period: “can you just try to put all of this aside for a bit?" and: “I nodded. Sure, Sue. Good idea let's just have some more wine, relax and shoot the breeze” want more? “I had no idea what tomorrow would bring” and so on and so forth on and on...

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
A comatose chapter

A shortcut into chapter two: we find that the wife was actually a walking zombie! At least they were eating Goulash when they learned that! Essentially another “drugged to cheat” offering. It sterilizes all dramatic interest but it keeps (almost) every reader happy because now wife is as accountable as playdough to her actions. You just have to believe that the wife is a victim to a menacing psycho pharmacological manipulator who happened to be her co worker at the hotel. A wife as a walking Zombie! What an interesting premise. And to top it off - a co worker at the hotel who has the qualifications of a dangerous narcotic agent. He is equipped with drugs and the know-how of drug use to manipulate and control other people. Maybe he is actually an ex scientist from a secret military unit for psychological warfare, who ended up working under cover in the hotel and for some reason gone mad ? A SIGH… and so the ten year olds in my back yard use to play “let’s pretend” and I pretend that this is the transcribed text of their play.

In chapter two they ate Hungarian Goulash… as far as I’m concerned, that’s actually the highlight of this chapter (maybe because I love Goulash). Other than that, they bide their time A – LOT!. Examples: “Let's see how all of this played out….” Then a nice demonstration of how to use the phone: “I picked it up and said, "Hello"; another waiting period: “can you just try to put all of this aside for a bit?" and: “I nodded. Sure, Sue. Good idea let's just have some more wine, relax and shoot the breeze” want more? “I had no idea what tomorrow would bring” and so on and so forth on and on...

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
A mistaken double posting

I appologize for the double posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Going Downhill

Hubby has too many people telling him what happened to him and what to think, is he not smart enough to figure it out himself? He should tell them to butt out! Also think you are setting the wife up for any excuse at all to get back together at any cost. As said before, her words were her own, and she convicted herself from her own mouth, there should be no going back, as a matter of fact, she should just be put in an institution........forever.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 18 years ago
ok,but

the core part of the story is moving very slow,the writer seems to have the husbnd doing a lot of procrastinating,while others are so willing to tell him what to do.

the scene with Connie and Susan and him was very good.well done and very amusing. i couple of corespondents commented about them being lesbians. i don't reall anything in that scene either in word or deed to suggest they were. if they were dedicated lesbians i seriously doubt such a scene would have occured.

the part that is hard to reconcile is any legal acton against Fallow. he made have supplied the drugs but wife was one who administered them,very willingly and with delight.Fallow wasn't even there at the time. i doubt seriously that this could get a rape conviction in real life. and i can't imagine how he could be prosecuted for drugs being used on husband without wife being held equally accountable.i could even see her being held accountable for drugs given to Fallows wife,conspiracy.

here's hoping that the last chapter will pull it all together. if there is reconciliation i sure hope the story will be more than the standard phychobabble.

thanks for your efforts,

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Slax?

Did you mean slacks, like pants or is there slax? I really like the story and I am getting into it. It's just that there are so many stories in here and having to wait to long to catch up in the story, or for even seeing it amongst the vast amount of stories. I hope to catch the next chapter.

foxe

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIabout 18 years ago
KublaiKhanIII Wrote A Whole Page

and didn't even say as much as one of the recent anonymous commentators, who wrote a paragraphy or so; but both basically said the same thing:

the story is driven by STUPIDITY, not intelligence, despite the fact that the husband and his colleague --- at least one of them who's prominantly present here --- are supposed to be professors of "a higher learning" institution,,, the newly intoroduced, was it Connie?, was supposed to be an MD or some neural surgery unit or something? ---- all these extremely educated people were playing strip poker WHILE the guy's supposed not able to think worth shit IN ADDITION to the fact that his wife is now more or less comatosed in the psychiatric ward?

if a supposedly "serious" story like this one is not driven by sheer stupidity, I don't know what that phrase really means,,,

we can bet in CHAPTER 3 the author's gonna have one of these "very concerned" friends/colleagues/family members say something so utterly idiotic, it'd top this "stupid driven" story,,, something in the nature of,

"Dave, I KNOW SHE WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN"! lol

Professor Dave, by this time, will have been so bamboozled by all these "deep" advice, suggestions, words of comfort that he'd likely say, "Yes, Connine/Susan/Millie/Lyle, I KNOW you are right. Shelly will NEVER do this again, despite my unfound fears. Gosh, I need to rush to the hospital; what a coldhearted, self-centered bastard I've been late!"

and then he CRIES big tears and drive haphazardly to the psychiatric ward! ("You're gonna be okay, Shelley; now I am here. I'm so sorry to have let you down when you needed me the most. Please, forgive me!" lol)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
So why are Connie and Susan in the story?

I hate to disagree with Patrica51 on this one; but there is ample evidence that Connie and Susan are more than JUST roommates. While simply being a roommate of a lesbian does not qualify you as one, the fact that it is Connie who pulls down Susan’s panties in front of David indicates a level of familiarity beyond just friendship.

In addition, Susan then proceeds to masturbate in front of her roommate and her colleague. Again, we have a level of intimacy that implies more than just a friendship.

As for Connie having been divorced, there are numerous cases of woman changing sexual orientation in mid-life. I can site syndicated gossip columnist Liz Smith as being a perfect example of a divorced woman having adopted a gay lifestyle.

I still fail to see how the inclusion of this pair advances the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Or is the story in a bind?

Chapter Three - is that a threat? What a disaster of a story. HILDY was okay, a marriage saved a forgiving husband of saintly or clueless porprotion, but this is rediculus.

I'm not even going to bother tallying all of the streches you're struggling to hold this thing together. How about two words and leave it at that - STRIP POKER.

Please spare us the shrink induced reconcilation and let every one go their separate ways.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 18 years ago
A few minor points....

Ok.... First I agree with Pat51. I don't think Connie is gay. Like her I noticed the Bunk with Connie comment and went...if they are lovers why is she sleeeping in another room.

Now maybe Susan was trying to set up two of her friends. both single or about to be. Heck she wasn't REALLY too concerned about his wife...more about him.

And she was DRUNK. Drinken is how I got a small dog and we got the game of golf. Nothing good can come of it.

And Connie? Who knows but Susan IS a lesbian and probally has a trick or two up her sleave to get a lady riled up... get her ready and launch 'er at the wounded man.... YOU SUNK MY BATTLEHUSBAND!!

lol

As for the legal things... really folks the main purpose there aint to put him in jail...but to make him lose everything. To take the teeth out of the tiger so so speak.

Now the thing that I HATE...and it aint just in this tale, is when a wife cheats... EVERYONE seems to be on her side.

oh she LOVES you SOOOO much....yeah is that why she's been bangen her entire floor for the last 2 years?

and I do mean everyone...friends, family, strangers...everyone makes the wounded and wronged guy out to be an ass and her to be a newly raised saint.

RARE is the friend that just lets his buddy vent.

RARE is the guy/gal that helps them throught it and keeps their council UNTIL they are asked.

EVEN RARER is the ONE PERSON who is like "fuck the bitch ... lets get some hot looken college chicks and forget her"

WHY?

It would be NICE and refeshing to read these in a story. For in a part 2 or three we hear how ahrd it is for the wife to get hubby to talk to her and everythingwhen his best friend/sibling/parents now HATES her for what she did.

Talk about up hill battles.

I guess that is why we don't see them. It makes it harder to try and fill the hole that we as authors dig.

NOW the GOOD part

Man we really get the muddled up brain of his guy. The "I NEED SOME SPACE!!" that I can see someone in this position screaming in their minds.

But since this is JUST chapter 2 I will wait till later to really tear into the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Connie/ Susan helps Forcd Reconciliation

the SOLE reason why Connie and Susan are in this awful story is to give the author way to FORCE a reconciliation. Harry is right on this point... I hate to admit but he is.

<br></br>

Note that the author never has anyone Mention that the husband was Drugged imprisoned and he wife tried to kill him.

<br></br>

Once you those FACTS over looked or forgotten te rest is easy ...By having the husband cheat with two woman it makes anything Shelly did OK and NOT a reason to divorce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:)

When will he demolish the creep.. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
damn

It's like the author is out to make the hubby the ultimate pussy. Is he not allowed to control any aspect of his life? Does he really have to be such a nutless wonder? Damn...

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I agree the story is unrealistic

First she drugged him with an illegally obtained drug. Then kidnapped him by tying his up. That is two felonies so why was she not fired from her job and arrested?

Second he is a college professor and yet the author makes him appear to stupid and unstable. How unrealist is that?

Third there is little in this chapter that is not outside the story and completed unneeded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Oh Please

This is so unhinged I makes one cringe. Under the circumstances they play strip poker? Poor David, yet another piss poor male that thinks the universe revolves around his pathetic ego. Christ, give us some characters that are just a little believable! Please Oh Please.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
Wild, Crazy, Unbelievable

You need to rein this one back in

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
WTF

Fallow created a climate which led to Shelly's mental breakdown and made her a participant in the act through mental and psychological coercion

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS SHIT?????????????????

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
A Little Wild

A little out there also. What happens next? I hope it's a little less confusing than this chapter which basically went nowhere. Hopefully the next chapter tells us what's going on.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20about 11 years ago
ACT WITH INTELLIGENTS!!!!!!!!!

You got to be shitting me. The cops should have never been called. Just two people in the ground and him pissing on their grave.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
does not ring true

Screwed up, fucked up? Why, is he the one whose thinking got screwed up by a cheating father? And he has to get away by himself? Hasn't he been alone all this time?

HardFeltHardFeltalmost 11 years ago
Wimped out

Intelinuts hasn't got a clue. A true educator who has to stick his head in a hole to think about the obvious. I know! It wasn't her fault at all because she was crazy. Yep true blue nutty professors wife is screwy and numb nuts should just forgive her and live happily ever after. Three stars and those stars are for the correct use of the language and not much else.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

more blue bullshit. wimp cuckie. he feels bad because he was going to get some pussy. what the fuck? the marriage ended when wifey drugged his ass and made him watch her getting fucked. getting talked into it is nothing but bull shit and it is not rape so the wife gets a big fat divorce.

she called his ass back after he moved out to play the tie down and fuck game with him, that is not rape. it might be battery and false imprisonment on the HUSBAND but not on the wife.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

I'm as uncertain as the husband. I understand what the guy did to her, but if he was willing to divorce her prior to seeing her get fucked . . . Then why not now? He was upset that she withdrew from him and would not talk it over. Put the fucking aside and that is still the case. I feel sorry for her. She was manipulated, but that doesn't change how she treated her husband before that night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
cantbuyabrain

that cockless wonder-eunuch still moaning and crying around here? oh yeah, his writing is shit so no wonder he squeals in the comments of other writers.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Rape?

If he testifies in support of the rape charge, that can be used against him if he tries to use her screwing Bob against her in the divorce.

And he should STILL go ahead with the divorce. As someone else said, he was already going to divorce her before the assault, why change now?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
testify ?

Yes, he can testify to her being raped, the unlawful restraint/kidnapping and illegally drugging him can still be used against her.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Tw0Cr0ws

Re the drugging -

I don't think so - the whole basis for the rape charge is that Bob has so messed with her mind that she is/was in some sort of a schizophrenic state and didn't really know what she was doing.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I wonder

why Lyle's twin brother, Kyle, did not reappear in this chapter. I read and enjoyed B88 stories in the past. I don't remember them having so many errors. But this one became more fun in chapter 2.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
where is the video of the scene with Fallow?

why is he still wondering what he should think about?

is it nearly the end of the semester, or just short of spring break?

when is he going to visit his wife? or her psychiatrist?

this is an unpleasant mess

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a Crock

So much B.S. It's hard to tell where the B.S. begins and the other crap starts in this tale.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read****

Interesting story line. Thanks for sharing.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

"I vowed I would do something to make amends for what I did last night."

Are you fucking kidding me? He did NOTHING wrong.

Geesh, can't any of your male characters have a spine?

Must they all be pussies?

networkgurunetworkgurualmost 7 years ago
So Far

This is a good read so far though I think you have the protagonist acting like a big pussy at times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

A geeks wimpy, pathetic attitude and reaction!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
@ Anon, "ugh!"

Why so serious?

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 6 years ago
What's in his best interest

Is to get away from such a toxic, unhinged and dangerous individual. Quite frankly he's lucky all she did was fuck someone in front of him; he could just as easily woken up to her hovering over him with a kitchen knife, or never woken up at all. Fuck all the pychobabble, restraining order ASAP.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 5 years ago
Horrible people weak male protagonist

It’s the usual from blue88. Horrible stories about horrible people and in the end the victim will take the blame. I’m SO glad that blue stopped writing YEARS ago. I just come back every so often to remind myself how bad they are and to vote them down!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
And now we are

Jumping the shark. Just be thankful you didn’t help Betty Baggage pass along her crazy genes

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 5 years ago
"Jump the Shark" was correct.

That garbage interlude with Connie and Susan was absolutely worthless, and it turned me off to this story. Just ridiculous. Too bad.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Still reading

This is interesting enough to keep reading. Need to see how it turns out.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Someone accused me of cheating they are not going anywhere until I get all the facts

She accuses him and he basically does squat

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a crock of shit!

He trusts his so called lawyer friend and his wife way to much. They're just not supporting him at all. It seems like they don't give a shit about his concerns and only care about his wife's well being..before and after the incident. Get new friends, drop the divorce and criminal case, pack up and move to another country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Friends' advice in a nutshell: You have a violent, irrational spouse. Don't divorce her. Try to work to make the marriage work. And if she stabs you in your sleep one night, you will die happy that you did the "right thing."

My advice: Divorce her. Hand her over to the state. Never be around her. Never be alone with her.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Wish I could remember this chapter, but it doesn't add a lot to the story. Just more questions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ridiculous plotting

Not one word about the real crimes committed against the husband---drugging, reckless endangerment, unlawful restraint, kidnapping---and all we hear about is the non-rape of Shelly? Shelly and her conspirator she would do serious time in the real world. This bungling of the plot makes the story absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Too many words

Like a catatonic ramblings of an old man

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Seems cut and dried!! Divorce the crazy slut!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So the DA immediately jumps to a rape charge, not convinced that it will stick, dubious as it is. That's fine, but what about unlawful imprisonment and the drugging? Doesn't the husband deserve any justice?

Then wifey is immediately shipped to the hospital for proper care, while the traumatized husband is left on his own to "get over it".

The sexism is blatant in this one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So what do you do after having been drugged and bound to a chair and forced to watch your wife fucking your coworker? You don't set to divorce her and sue her for mental torture. You approach the entire matter "a more objective, less emotional manner", in other words, you decide to forgive her, seek her forgiveness and request her to take you back. That's a great story. Everyone loves a happy ending, don't they? Even if it comes as tbe cost of the cheated husband's spine. Who needs a spine these days anyways? Not the raac writers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Here we have a museum quality example of "Bitchsplaining": "I have met Shelly on numerous occasions and I really think that it's in your best interest to speak with her shrink. What Sue described to me is rather bizarre. Right now you really know nothing." The author deploys psychobabble bullshit to do the usual - "She" isn't culpable because the Little Lady has no moral agency. NO DA would take that rape case. She did act voluntarily, and no jury would find beyond a reasonable doubt that she was FORCED, coerced, or mentally retarded. Assuming the foregoing aren't present, all the law asks is whether she knew what she was doing. "Shelly" committed multiple felonies and would be prosecuted, as would Fallows, not for rape but as an accessory to the bitch's crimes. Her "psychosis", which is actually nowhere manifested by her actual behavior in the text (being extremely emotionally sensitive to cheating because of her life story and vengeful is not psychosis, nor is it a fucking defense). Authors here need to write about something they know, and the resort to dubious psychological conditions to achieve a RAAC is a stupid way to structure a story. "Psychosis", of course, is real, but the portrayal of Shelly's behavior here doesn't come close to that level. The "psychosis" is "imaginary" in this tale because it is simply asserted. Shelley's actual behavior doesn't get beyond "nasty, vengeful bitch".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree with every comment below. This story is beyond absurd from every possible perspective. I could write a 2000 word paper on every flaw in this. Your concept of the law here beyond hopeless. HE was criminally assaulted. It was planned, with malice of forethought. The tape recording substantiated that. In a real scenario She and FALLOWS would be charged, he'd divorce her and get everything. Her "emotional breakdown" after fuck fest is as irrelevant as it is preposterous.

Equally absurd is for those who know the truth advising him to stay calm. They tacitly support, and forgive, what she's done.

From the MC point of view who gives a shit.

He was done with tge marriage before he was emotionally raped.

Beyond that, he really agrees to meet her alone? In the house? Over a nice dinner? Yeah, in reality I doubt anyone would be that stupid. For sure his attorney would have told him no way in hell.

The author wrote a great deal and wasted her time, and her readers.

Seriously, I've found a great many of the LW readers to be very discerning readers and, in the current time, they really resent reading nonsense like this. I, most I think, detest, and are insulted, by stories such as this.

Sadly, having read hundreds of LW stories, fewer than 10% show real talent for writing engaging, believable stories with a coherent plot development. I site Todd 123, Saddle Tramp and the like.

Dear writer. I'm not saying you are a bad person. However if you want to continue writing have a couple proof readers evaluate your story. It would serve you well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

fucking moronic author 1*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ummm, you all do know that this was published 17 years ago, right?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

By far one of the most asinine, idiotic and ridiculous stories ever posted here.

RzcanuckRzcanuck6 months ago

So no one is fully on David's side. Lyle his step dad attorney does not have his back. David needs an attorney that only had David's interest to advise and take proper action.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The stupidity of this story is astounding.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous