All Comments on 'The Ties That Bind Us'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
almost perfect

liked the story much though no sex, but thought the end with the lies of not hating the wife ruined a totally great story, why should she think she is forgiven and that he would talk to her again, thats a bummer

PassKeyPassKeyover 13 years ago
Very good

So sad but it plays out that way sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
C'Mon

Dear Mr. Anon:

At that setting a caring father would NEVER make a scene with his ex, no matter his true feelings. It is a demonstration of his love for his daughter. Surely you must understand that. C'Mon!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice Job

Fool, but one more good reason why you ought to take on that song I recommended.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Good read

I liked the way that it was very hard to tell that Laura and Ed were having an affair. I suspect that can often happen when the cheaters are being careful. About the only way you can discover it is like Steve did, stumbling on to them getting together. And if Steve hadn't managed to crack Patti he would still not have been sure. He had a lot of circumstantial evidence, except for perhaps the kiss he witnessed. I would think the fact that Ed tried to get away in the car was a clear indication that something was going on. Otherwise, why run? Beyond the detective work required, the affair was pretty vanilla. Laura is a cheat. She thinks like a cheat. She decided to fuck around because she was bored. She thought she wouldn't get caught because she was clever and good at deception. Her sister warned her about the likely consequences and Laura did it anyway. Now she wants to "explain", like her explanations have any value or will make any difference. It is interesting that you cannot betray an enemy. Betrayal requires that a person trusts you or, as in this case, loves you. That's what makes betrayal so heinous. You are going against a person who cares about you. A cheater's explanations can never fix the damage done by their betrayal. Perhaps if the cheating was a one time slip it can be forgiven but the relationship is damaged forever, perhaps intolerably. When the cheating is ongoing and calculated it creates a huge obstacle to forgiveness. It would have been nice to have Steve confront Laura and clearly explain to her what a traitorous slut she had been. She is trying to minimize her responsibility. (Randi is too.) Patti is the only one who has confronted Laura with her responsibility but Patti is willing to give her a pass because she is "family". Laura is walking around with blinders on. Steve is carrying around his anger because he hasn't truly confronted Laura. I would have liked to have seen this conflict resolved.

dagoatmandaviddagoatmandavidover 13 years ago
5 stars

You are never a disappiont to read. You give a mature veiw to all your storys no matter what the ending is going to be. Life for one couple may mirror other peoples marriages . But so many writers forget this and cant change characters views from one story to the other. You on the other hand like so many of the really good writers can take the same story from different points of veiws and make a very good and enjoyable read .We may not like the people in the story or there actions but we know everyone does the same thing for different reasons. And for this I will alway look for your storys to read thank you for this and all your future works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Too Bad the Wife Lived!!

The cheating bitch should have at least ended up a quadraplegic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
stupid...

fucking bithc, why do you write the kids as idiots? i mean, im glad you didnt puss out like you do in all your fucking stories, but goddamnit why was randi so stupid? i sincerly doubt she would be as forgiving to her husband as she demanded her father to do. that whole scene involving the wedding made me so mad-ive made this far without him, whats a few more? what the fuck!? just when i think you write a somewhat decent story, you fuck it up. i guess thats your talent-being a fuckup. stop writing because you suck at it.

p.s.-there is no fucking someones kid would act like the retard randi but it is believable at how angry and yes bitter the husband is. that seemed on point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well,

I liked it - 5 star story!!

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 13 years ago
well done

You have come such a long way as a writer. This was a wonderful story, the characters were all so well defined, and the father's quote at the end, what a perfect ending.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Attention Holder

Nice dramatic moments and a truly tarry mess that can never be cleaned up. All behaviour exhibited here was possible, but, I have to admit that I too hate Laura and am very unhappy with Randi. That means that the author gave us a very convincing protrayal....

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 13 years ago
Very Good

Another well written story. I can't add much more to that! I do wish you had allowed the husband to let things go enough to begin enjoying his life again but all in all, an excellent read. Keep it up. Sign me the SW MO HERMIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good but not that good

Several of your recent works were following the same old vanilla plot line. Wish there were more twists, turns, elements of surpeise where the betrayal by the wife and her supporting crew would run deeper and the thirst for revenge goes even further with the husband. Last but not least, involving more backstabbing freinds and family members (both male and female) would certainly spice up your type of cheating wife stories. - Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
the women

Feel sorry for dan, anyone that would have to deal with the women in that family have my regrets. Over all a good story but i think someone that angry would have told the daughter to keep her legs closed not the son in law.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 13 years ago
Untangled and left with a mess

Tough read - literally. Ch 1 had far too many holes and vague omissions - well lets just say I almost didn't bother to continue on and read ch 2. But I did and the story improved enough that I decided to stick it out to the end.

I can understand the hurt and confusion - due to the affair/cover-up betrayal by the two sisters. I can even accept the decision to divorce while his wife is still in a coma. That said it's hard to imagine anyone being so enraged (or was he incapacitated and cowed by the affair? It didn't read that way) as to give his daughter the "I'm divorcing you" letter (which shockingly she delivered as soon as her Mom woke up - man, talk about tough love) and not being adult enough to do it face to face. The letter itself came across as a whiny rant. Whining, running, and hiding seem to be his solution to a familial catastrophe - she cheats and he runs, he seems to have conversations which end with him terminating future contact - when's this guy planning to man up and deal with all this? Why is he abandoning everyone else?

The whole wedding set-up (OK the check for 20k was good and appropriate), especially the arriving at the last minute "I AM HERE TO GIVE YOU AWAY" part was too much of a stretch. I mean c'mon - absolutely no communication of any kind between father and daughter and then - viola - here I am!

Sorry, this just didn't work for me. I enjoy your stories and look forward to more so thanks but try again.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Very well written and a good edit made the story reading a pleasure

A really believable storyline that held my attention through the story. I could only imagine the pain that the husband felt when he found out about the cheating his wife was up to.

An all around nice presented post. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done!

Well done, Slirpuff. I've read all your stories on this site and I've enjoyed nearly everyone of them. Don't worry too much about some of the criticisms. You can't please everybody. So keep going... Thank you!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Still need more editing . . .

Agree with some of the comments but not all. For example, one of several bloopers: "since that faithful day" should have been "since that fateful day." Better editing would have caught that and other errors. Despite this, the story flowed well and held this reader's attention. I think the anger was over-done; most would figure Laura was punished quite a bit with her injuries and the death of her lover, at least until she recovered. I think most would agree that hitting someone while they are already down is pretty low. Thus, our "hero" did not fully appear sympathetic to me, despite his justified anger. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A VERY Believable Story...

Slirpuff has come a very long way since his first couple submissions, and this story shows just how much his talent has developed. The characters were quite believable, as were the situations.

Let's face it, folks: Most real-life "cheating wife" stories are a great deal like this one. The husband is unsuspecting until something comes out of left field and pulls the blinders from his eyes. The wife's affair was "vanilla', in nearly all cases, and there isn't a "magnificent revenge" available, like we see in so many stories here on Lit. (In fact, the reason that there ARE so many of those "grand revenge" tales is because those of us who've BEEN this route have that "20-20 hindsight" that says, "Man, if I'd only known sooner, I could have..." - and the revenge schemes spring from pen to paper, or at least from fingers to keyboard.)

The truth of the matter, though, is that revenge isn't all it's cracked up to be. For one thing, unless you act in the flush of anger immediately after learning of her treachery, you're probably going to have to wait awhile. It takes a great deal of planning, and possibly arranging for a good alibi, to extract the sort of "glorious payback" that we enjoy reading about in these "cheating wife" stories. And, while you're planning, you have to sustain the inner rage that goads you on to exacting your vengeance on her and her new lover. And, let's face it - is anything you do, short of inflicting some sort of lasting bodily harm on her (the sort that is punishable in a court of law) going to truly satisfy the thirst for payback? No.

Therefore, the best course is to let the rage and pain fade. Don't spend your time reliving the past. Move on, and make something of your life. Find another woman - one who'll be true to you forever - and make a new life with her. Make it a wonderful life - one so great that the woman who set you aside for cheap thrills will grow sick with envy - and with the realization that it just as easily have been HER, who got to enjoy the sweet ride that you're on - if she'd only just honored her vows.

As for the readers who complained about the choices made by the children? Despite the fact that the woman cheated on you, she is still going to be their mother until the day she dies. If they're young kids, don't say a word about what she did. Wait until they're old enough to hear and understand. Then, let them make their own judgments. More often than not, they'll make the right choice. They may still have a child's love for their mother, but it will be tempered by their letting her know in no uncertain terms that they don't have the words to say how strongly they disapprove of her past choices.

Trust me, you'll be better off for not involving the kids in YOUR fight. The payback may be a few years in coming, if they're still youngsters, but it WILL come. At some point, you'll get the smug satisfaction of hearing your son or daughter refer to your ex as "the egg-donor". Or when you hear your daughter tell your ex that everything she's learned about being a wife or a mother, she's learned from the woman who replace the cheat in your life.

They may still have a relationship with her, and that's fine. They may even say that they "forgive" her. More often than not, what they really mean is that they've chosen not to bring the matter up every time they visit with her, since it will only lead to more anger and pain on everyone's part, and who needs that sort of stress. If they've told her, even once, that they disapproved of her choice to "play around", it will stick in the cheater's mind forever. It's a loss-of-status, in the eyes of her children, that she knows she can never overcome or win back.

All in all, Slirpuff played this story just about perfectly, even to the point of demonstrating how sad it can be if you DON'T let the pain fade and move on with your life.

Now, here's an "aside", to the person who wrote that pedantic, childish suggestion that Slirpuff quit writing because he sucks:

First, everyone noticed the fact that you contributed anonymously, and it's most likely because you were too embarrassed to use any sort of "member

name" alongside that little temper-tantrum. As for what you wrote, I'm fairly certain that you had to have typed it with your buttocks, because both your mouth and your fingers knew better! You can't spell, don't know how to use punctuation properly, and can't even find the "Shift" key to put capital letters where they belong. And I'd be willing to wager that you've never posted even ONE story on Literotica. You've got absolutely no right to tell someone else to quit writing!

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Thanks Slirpuff

Once again a good read. You keep writing these good stories and I am sure many readers will continue to read them. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very good

This may be your best yet. Sad but real story. It is amazing to see your progress! Keep it up. We need real stories not the cuckold stuff.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Well done and very realistic!

Thank You. Please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Job - author!

Well done. Great to see realistic outcomes from the typical slut wife cheating scenario.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Encore!

Ya know, Slir, this would make an excellent TV movie. Any talent for scriptwriting? Just thinking..

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
like mother like daughter

won't be long before Randi is whoring around on Dan, unlikely she'll be able to get her sibling to over for her tho

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Well written.

If there were grammar problems, misspellings or the like, I missed them. Maybe that's a benefit of having only one eye that works. In my life I've known men and women who held on to anger and hurt for many many years and the poison generated poisons the joy out of their lives.

Your story was realistic. Ed was an idiot and there are idiots just like him. Steve was hard headed and justified in his anger and there are hard headed idiots just like him. Patty, Randi and the offending wife are all portrayed realistically.

The anon who posted that mom & daughter were much alike I disagree with. I'd bet Randi, Patty and everyone else learned a valuable lesson about consequences.

Well done and Thank you.

bartolobartoloover 13 years ago
good story with the right ending

I liked the organization of the story , especially starting with Laura in the hospital. Then telling the story as she comes out of the coma. The plot is good enough but it's a variant of a genera "cheating wife tale." Keep write you interesting and well read stories, Slirpuff.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
Excellently done!

realistic with good plotting, timing and execution. This should show all those folks out there just how a story like this should be done! '

I agree that this would make a great movie! Harrison ford as the lead. :-)

Zeb40Zeb40over 13 years ago
Are you really Slirpoff?

These last many stories are so far above your original submissions.

Seriously, you are a truly talented weaver of tales. I really liked this one. Great story. I can see how Steve would feel the way he does.

Even if she was going to end it because of Ed's demands, I believe she would just have gone looking for a replacement the next time she got bored. She was a truly shallow and unthinking person. She claimed to love Steve, but I don't see it. The disrespect she showed with her affair could only mean she didn't hold her husband in very high regard. She deserved all she got.

I'm glad he was able to control his anger and hatred for his daughter's sake, but he should hang on to it. By destroying the pictures he made it clear to her that she was in effect a non-person to him. As it should be. Write her out of his life as best he can,

Thanks for an interesting read. Paul

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
SOME good... SOME So-So

this was definately one of this authors better stories.

WHAT WAS BAD... wife wakes up from 6 months coma and with full memory of what she has done. The Dictor give the idiot dumb fuck daughter STRICT orders NOT to uspet the wife/ mother. 2 seconds later Randi gives her the letter.

BAD... The Husband burning ALL of the family pictures...even those of with the kids and family vacations. What a fucking asshole.... The KIDS ...even after they have grown into adults... have the right to keep THEIR memories.

is the husband/ father wishing his own KIDS were never born? Does he wish THEY were in the car with the wife?

GOOD... the total Blindsided-ness of the whole affair. The author did a good job of slowly uncovering the truth and in doing so that feed his rage as each new "fact" was discovered.

SO-SO .. the husband just showing up like that at the Wedding. His views about the wedding were VERY wrong.... but consistent with the character of a man that burns photos of his own kids when they were younger. Still you KNEW the father/ dad would show up.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Another good one

I always look for your byline when I check daily stories and like most, this one didn't disappoint. As people have noted, the affair itself is pretty standard, but most cheating wives are pretty similar, in the same way as most murder mysteries are pretty similar at a basic level- nobody get's murdered and you don't have a murder mystery. What makes a good mystery is the voice of the writer and the elements that are unique to that story. The discovery of the affair, the husband's precipitating the accident, the lengthy effort to prove there actually had been an affair and he wasn't mistaken, his children's reaction to the affair, that's what makes this story so good. Again, this was a good story in part because it was a scary story. It's the very banality of the affair, a woman's jeopardizing a lifetime worth of a relationship for some fleeting excitement, that makes these stories a little creepy. Why does a person gamble with a lifetime worth of love and devotion for something worth so little? You could understand a grand passion, falling in love with someone and being unable to stop yourself because those things happen, but the very cheapness of the affair is what disturbs readers' sensabilities. It's like murdering someone for their tennis shoes. How does a human being do something like that? A good, hard story.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
Enjoyed it

But it feels like open, no end. But still, People do jeopardize with their marriage. Life is not that perfect, it does not obey rules like you only have orgasm if you are in love, everyone face temptations, question is you give in or not. Even if you are married to finest person on the earth you will have temptation when you look at second best in your view. People do jeopardize their life time relation, for stupid fling, thats where word jeopardize came from. Not everything starts with LOVE or FALLING out of love, those are fairy tales, sometimes you are in love with your spouse but give in to temptations and start something which may lead to anything, sometime it become love affair, sometime bad experience, or you may love that person more than your spoouse, or you start to see bad side of you your spouse, or anything but it has to be started. The question is why would you want to start something like that in first place, Physically cheating in itself is not reason for breaking up of marriage on infidelity, it is trust, When you started this what were you thinking, you knew it may lead to love affair, it may lead to disaster, whatever but one thing become clear is that you RISKED your relationship for someone not important at the time, which shows how less you respect that relation. and you would have eventually, done this if you were so disrepectful towards that relationship. Every relation starts with something, fun, excitement, liking, fondness, admiration, fear, hate, physical attraction, pity, sorry or any other feeling in your book and of these feeling can lead to Love,. That is how life works, you risk something, weather you win or not but you lose something, that is what value of what you risked. Good you can continue this story, this seems still open, laura was responsible but I think Patty was also responsible for this affair, she did not have to oppose it but neither she had to cover for it. She might be more responsible, if she cared about her sister, she could have taken some measurable steps to stop it from happening, we know she was adult, she knew what she was doing, but sometime you just needs to interfere. If you brother/sister is going going to jump from building, would you just give him/her warning and say, I have dome my duty she is adult she can make her own decision. Everyone knows that, but are not you supposed to care, then what the word caring means, even strangers can give warning, but caring person or family is supposed to make decision for you when you seemed to be out of your mind, so that you don't have to regret later. Like Patty here, either she loved her sister and cared for her or she thinks of fidelity as low as her sister and she was also might go for it in future.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
DQS1 said it better than anyone else possibly could.

Thanks for another really fine story. You told it the only way it should have been told. Keep writing these 5 Star stories and you will have one hell of a following.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Well Told Story

A bit of a mystery slowly unraveled, but I was not clear why Steve was in denial, when the look on her face told him everything. Anyway I enjoyed the hell out of it! Personally I would have attended the wedding just so I could be nasty towards the ex (Yup! Been there & done that) Steve will manage his anger much better if he just lets it out (vents) on the person who caused the anger. Holding his anger in could cause him to get a complex, thusly making it difficult for him to trust, and form healthy relationships with decent women. He could also help his mental well being by screwing the dead guys wife, and frequently pissing on his grave, I know that would certainly make me feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Truly Fine!

You are clearly one of the very best authors. Watch for your stories all the time. Far too many wimpy sorry ass husband stories written by authors who must, themselves, be pathetic losers. Keep up the great work!

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Great

What I like about your stories are that generally they ARE stories and not just a list of who did what to who.

Keep them coming please.

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
Enjoied the story

Fine story. I agree with the DQS1 that the scary part of the story was how Slirpuff portrayed the banality of the affair, and how Steve got completely blindsided-having no clue there were any problems in his relationship. A little too close to home for most of us -as in the small corner of our minds we all fear being Steve.

I echo Zed0 that it would have been more in character if Slirpuff had allowed Steve to vent his anger at the ex Laura for her complete betrayal. When Laura approaches Steve at the wedding and wants a lunch date, Steve could have politely replied he does “..not break bread with cheating whores and hopes Laura dies soon and sucks cocks in hell” (or words to that effect) This may have allowed Steve to finally release his anger and move on. As Steve is big on letters he could have penned his real feelings on the back of a wedding napkin and given it to Laura, asking Laura to read the note after the bride has left the reception (It was after all his daughter’s big day). As written Slirpuff leaves us kind of open ended with Laura believing her and Steve can be “friends” (no harm no foul) and all is right with her world. Even daughter Randi belives everything is wonderful and that Steve and Laura have "..worked everything out."

Thanks for the good read Slirpuff!

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 13 years ago
Very good story

Short of exceptionally good sub-plots, which may require tens to hundreds of pages for addtional development, a 5 Literotica page is usually good enough to tell very hard hitting, moving, sorrowful, and/or uplifting stories of trial and tribulation, as well as, high crimes and misdemeanor (or crime and punishment) stories... that make us remember for days or even weeks... <p>

again, longer than that and the story and characters AS WELL AS authors all start MEANDERING aimlessly from one silly and REAPTED topic to another.... <p>

Again, very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent Work

I can officially say you've become the king of infidelity stories and what should happen because of that sin. Just Plain Bob wishes he could write a story as well as you do now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Superb! So close to reality it is scary!

The best revenge against Laura is to get on with his life and deny her that "talk" she wants to "explain" her affair. As usual it is all about making her feel good about her actions than it benefits Steve. When kids are involved there can be no real revenge against the cheating spouse without hurting them. Thanks for an outstanding story - you have truly grown as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story

Missed your writing, welcome back. Truly the best at this genre, all the stories have so much truth in them. Even when caught she thinks she can talk her way out, cheaters never fully confess and beg for forgiveness, right until the divorce papers are in the mailbox, they think they are still the slickest of the couple and things will work out for them.

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Good read

Hi, missed you. Lots and lots of stories then nothing. Please keep them coming. You have become a very well read writer and built up a following. Don't stop writing or be put off by the anonymous critics who don't write stories.

Cheers

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
good read

Keep the stories coming .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
yaeh, daughter doomed to mother's fate

No need to use brother as alibi since aunt is obviously up for it, as long as she doesn't get careless or unlucky she can hang the horns on her new hubby.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
my sympathies go out to the man

lol Randy finally realised that he hadn't forgiven her mum at the end XD

Reconciliation would be a joke because his ex made a mockery out of their marriage. I don't think she really grew up mentally, which seems to explain why she wanted a high school romance once again, thinking she could keep it secret, and then wanting to 'be friends'. Why do girls so often want to be 'friends'? Males and females were not in general made to be friends. Sex complicates it too much. No, it doesn't lead to sex all the time but it does bring in too many issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
poor Dan

going to end up wearing the horns just like his father in law, maybe he likes creampies though and everyone will be happy in the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Dump the bitch

Dump the bitch and move on . The only person he is going to hert with his rage, is his ownself . He had beter grow the fuck up, pull his dick out of his ass and move the fuck on . Life some times does suck . It's how you handle it that shows what you are truley made of . To me this man is just dame week . Like a litle fucken girl that did not get her way

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
The husband was betrayed by three women!

The one that would have hurt the most was his daughter Randi. That was the killer, I don't think I would ever get over that one. I bet she will turn out to be an unfaithful slut just like her mother. If a daughter can't be faithful to her father she never will be to her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
cut the daughter some slack

she is doomed to be a cheating whore because the women who raised her ( mom and aunt ) are lying cheating sluts - not really her fault

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
agree w/BigJohn

any daughter that thinks it is okay for mom to betray dad will certainly betray her own hubby; no doubt.

Some women have the 'slut gene' and in this case it was passed from mother to daughter - that poor schmuck she married will be feasting on other mens creampies before the honeymoon is over.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Good Story! Late Comment!

Coming back for the wedding was the right thing to do for his daughter. No sympathy for the slut whore ex-wife. He really didn't owe her the right to explain anything about what she did or why she did it. She wasn't a very sympahetic character, that is for sure. Good Story, Slirpuff!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
It is okay that he divorced her.

However, he could have and perhaps he should have forgiving her. After all most women cheat as do females of most species. It is in their genes based on natural selection. Therefore, his hate was over the top and served no worthwile purpose. His hate was not only harmful to his exwife but to him and family members.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Echo the comments made by DWornock & others ... once a slut, always a slut..

Only jackasses like shoe-no-IQ & the clueless wondering-one believe that this slut was a just another saint to be forgiven & put back up on the pedestal so she could cheat again & again. Hard to tell which is more despicable - the slut or the idiots that take them back?

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
the problem with most of the comments is you have never been there.

love and hate are the same, and once your hurt, i mean hurt to your core. there is no forgiving, i hate my ex to the bottom of my heart. she fuck off and some how it's my fault. I understand how he felt. The husband in this story is a better man then me. I wont give my ex water if she was on deaths door.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Huedogg is correct!

DWornock is totally off base in stating that the majority of women cheat; that it is in their genes. What a stupid thing to say! Shows his ignorance. But, like Huedogg, been there and know the feeling. Until you've lived it, just shut the F*** up.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
Confession a revenge story fan

The exact figures for the cheating is 60% for the women and 70% for the men for whole life. However in the 60% and 70% means whose was only once happened fling (alcoholic/druged state) for whole life and the serial cheaters together. Other figures are who cheats in 1 years : this figures show every 6th spouses are cheating (men and women)this year and in this figures are overrepresented the serial cheaters/sluts. The majority of the infidelity remain secret, but the seial/long time cheatings will turn out almost evrytime. Excellent revenge stories show here as well. I think the absolut fidelty a great value and honest honour for them and that's why I like the modern "Figaro" the smart husband who could manage a without murder revenge against the cheater wife and her lover/lovers.

I am glad that the modern science uses the DNA test for the paternity and the old Roman Law rule gets into the trash that only the Mother is sure. What is more the modern science brought the Mother is not sure rule (the genetic mother and the maternity mother). I hope such a World where the DNA test so cheap that it will be mandatory for every husbands and only the IQ below 10 women try not DNA test proof children bring in the family. Is this a nice dream?

I like the good reconcilation stories also. Why? I wrote the 60% of women consists of who make once mistake and the serial cheaters. The problem only with the reconcilation (stories) if who get the forgivigness that who made mistake once in her life or serial cheaters/sluts/etc.. I think that's why the reconcilation stories are interesting, but for me the first the revenge stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck the Clueless

Can't help but show ignorance (cheating may not be in the genes but stupidity sure is). Daughter will cuck her hubby sure as shit.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Very, very realistic portrayal of adultery.

In a comment for another story, I asked the question why the sister(or friend as the case may be) doesn't tell the husband the first time she learns of the affair. I do believe that in real life, this is what happens. No one wants to be the one that destroys a marriage. That's why I say it's realistic. But really, in 9 cases out of 10, the affair comes to light. The only chance of saving the marriage is speaking out right away and stopping it almost before it starts. One slip might be forgiven, but an affair lasting months has little chance of ending in reconciliation. I think men are even worse about this than women. The code of silence. In the case where the cheating spouse is indifferent about the marriage then if all is revealed there is no harm. The marriage was going down the tubes anyway. If the cheating spouse really loves the other and just got sucked into something, stopping it before there becomes an emotional attachment might save the marriage. I guess no one thinks this way though. If I write a story, I might use this as part of the plot. Girlfriend rats out spouse after she cheats the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great story...

...5 stars, I found it realistic. As for the comments, the following I know for certain;

1. Spouses cheat not all but enough to make it wise to be wary.

2. The only way reconciliation is possible is total disclosure. I don't mean sexual, I mean the mechanics of how they pulled of their deception. How they fooled their spouses and hid the affair. When pressed they'll tell you about the sex and while acting contrite it gives them a thrill to talk about or lie about which sex act they engaged. But the lying, sneaking, accomplices and such. Those arrows they want to keep in their quiver.

3. The best revenge is to live well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Politics

Please leave your Political preference out of your stories!

You tick off half of your readers, spoil the story and put a bad taste in our senses for reading more of your stories.

I would tell Hollywood actors the same thing. Do what you do, do it well, entertain us but leave the politics out - you only make it difficult to indulge you further.

That's kind of sad because - you are one of the good ones!

Anyway, THANKS for a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Too much

anger. did she do wrong? yes. Did she deserve a divorce? yes. Was Steve behaving like an asshole? Oh yeah. It was a very childish response. If that was his way of dealing with unpleasant situations, I can see a need for something different. We don't know what he was like day to day, not easy to live with I bet. I enjoy "kick her to the curb" kind of stories but, this one left me disliking him more than her. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
something I wonder

Overall, it was well written. It does have a few errors, but not many.

I do have one issue, though. I think it would be appropriate to have a warning at the beginning. The warning should advise us that this is actually a no-sex story. It makes mention that people have sex, but there is no description of sex. I would also argue that it is not erotic. If it were a movie, it would be in the 'Drama' section, not behind the beaded curtain.

Also, on more than one occasion, I turned to the empty room and said "What the fuck is wrong with this guy?" However, I suppose the author created a character that is (I'm embarassed to admit) a better person than I am.

Anyway, here's what I wonder:

1. If the sister, Patty, approved of the cheating, and also act as an alibi, was she also cheating. I know both Evan and Patty both mention it, but the story doesn't confirm that Patty was cheating.

2. I also wonder if Randi was dating Dan at the time. If Randi was so willing to forgive the cheating, and actually blame the victim, I have to wonder if she's already cheating on Dan. I am sure she would after the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I think it would've been really unique if Laura and Steve reconciled. This story was kind of a cliffhanger. Should have some closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ditto

As always - a really good story, Thanks!

"Ditto"...Please leave your politics out of your stories, you're better than that and half of your fans don't necessarily agree with you on Politics.

Keep writing the good stuff and - sadly, Steve did the right thing and I know that from a painful experience...years later I still love her but hate what she did and had to walk away.

Thanks again!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
What kind of sick fucking puppies are anon commenters.

Get back together, you have got to be out of your little fucking minds. It's a god thing he didn't put an air bubble in her IV while the whore was in the hospital. I sure as fuck would have. She was nothing but a lying cheating conniving cunt that should have been at least nuked.

searching0240searching0240about 11 years ago
Relationships Are About Commitment

Even familial relationships are about commitment. People say you don't "choose" your family. But you can "choose" to have a relationship with them..., or not.

Randi "chose" her mother over her father.

There wasn't any indication in the story, that the mother betrayed her children. But the mother definitely betrayed her husband. In fact the only person Laura betrayed, was her husband. I can understand Randi "forgiving" her mother. But her expectation that her father "should" forgive her mother, was unreasonable, and unfair. "Badgering" her father, was a second betrayal. Given the circumstances, he deserved compassion, and understanding from his off-spring.

The people in your life worth keeping, are those that "have your back", when chips are down. He should have wished his daughter well, and moved on with his life, without his wife and daughter.

Randi "chose" to give her compassion and understanding, to someone who "casually" and "callously" betray her father. (someone both professed to love) Given Randi's "choices", Randi's new husband should watch her carefully.

Robert

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Righteous, Addictive Read !

He did the right thing funding his daughter's wedding and speaking civilly to cheating wife. Some men can forgive if not forget, he couldn't. When it cone's to fulfilling marital vows, certain men don't even consider loopholes. She took her chances thinking she was slick enough to pull this off. Uh no. Too bad. So sad.

The husband has honor & in the long run, the odds are in his favor of pairing off happily. I guess Federal Banks are too big too fail and have to forgiven. Cheating wives' marriages are much less sacrosanct.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Hate

I know that hate. It's a hate that consumes you. It overtakes everything in your life. The anger, the revenge that cannot be achieved and all the love that you now curse yourself for ever feeling. The wish to be able to go back in time to just smile and walk away instead of approaching her and starting a conversation. But it will not happen. The husband left. He disowned everyone. Therapy worked for him. He was lucky. The wife didn't die. I bet she wishes she did. Yes I know this is fiction but it's more real than most people could imagine. Damn.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
Well written and credible story

I sympathize with commentators who have had to deal with an unfaithful spouse and the kids from a failed marriage (which is why I despise cuck stories) - been there, done that. My experience is that moving through to ambivalence is the goal. To me this story was very credible. Also agree with DQS' comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Didn't like it

She was a piece of selfish shit. Her sister was too. I'd have told my brother I. Law that his wife was cheating on him too and not to trust her. Fuck her and her marriage. If my kids took the bitches side, then I'd know I had done a bad job raising them. She cheating on them as we'll as her husband. She cut herself out of the family. She did not deserve to be at the wedding. The daughter should have given her father the choice in the matter! Who needs traitors? Not me, and not my kids. What kind of advice is this whore going to give her married daughter? What kind of grandmother would this selfish slut be? Shitty, that's what!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I agree with searching 0240. My life is eerily similar to this. My mother cheated , divorced dad and moved in with the lover. My sister took mom's side and invited her to her wedding. Dad and i didnt go. It took 3 years before i spoke to mom again , my dad doesnt talk to my sister still. I know he misses her like hell but like he said " she chose your mother. Im dead to her". Cheating destroys an entire family. Just for a sexual thrill you fuck up mmultiple lives. I just hope nobody has to go through what i did. Think before you act.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 11 years ago
Just Found This One

Was scanning the LW stories looking for something to read when I found this one. To me a story is like a road trip. A good beginning, pleasant travel and good scenery with no problems along the way with a good ending. This story was all those. There were some minor errors along the way but nothing that distracted from the story and since this is on a free site submitted by unpaid writers and editors I would say it was fantastically done. Well recommended for a read. Definitely worth 5 Stars.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Time to grow up

Yep, cheaters are lower than whale shit - so what? If you find yourself infected with one of them - detach it and move on. Oh, your heart is broken? I doubt that. Maybe your ego is hurt, but you were lying to yourself all along. I have met several cheaters, and they were all shit from the first impression on. Maybe some of you should learn how to read people better. Selfish people can't help themselves. They always fly there true colors if you bother to look. The trick is looking past a pretty smile of a handsome visage. Most people project their fantasy onto their lover and expect them to maintain the image for them. Try seeing the real person, it may shock you. A cheater is basically like everyone else, with these few exceptions: 1. They are selfish to the point of narcissism, already in love with themselves how could they ever love anyone else - they can't! 2. They are arrogant and think they are smarter or more savvy than those around them. They think that the rules do not apply to them. 3. because they are in love with themselves, and do not really need a mate they really do not care if they get caught. The why: they cheat in order to reinforce how desirable they are to feed their ego. That's it. That's all of it. Nothing more. Pretty hollow people, right? Creepy, soulless, two dimensional ego drones. Keep your eyes open, it is easy to avoid them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Shit

Well, I would not have given the sweat off my ball to that sorry ass daughter. She will be another cheating as skank whore like her mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
???

That's a conclusion? No revenge? Sorry but what happened to the story? This story is so common, so why did I waste my time reading your plain everyday type life story???? It was well written but no pop. You had a theme, barely a plot, no climax or anti-climax. This waist of words did nothing for me......

Sorry, solid 1......bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What he should have told the son in law;

Watch her, she accepts cheating too easily and expects forgiveness for it.

The daughter WILL cheat sooner or later.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
??????

After he gives her $20K towards the wedding, despite her defending the cheating slut, and she doesn't accept her mother's offer to stay away?

And she gets the satisfaction of thinking she brought them together?

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Why lie at the end?

When his ex tried to talk to him he should have just told her he had nothing to say to her.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
even though I liked the story

this is as close as you'll ever get to punishment toward a woman from slirpuff. No matter what, in the end its the mans fault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hey Spewdogg

The stories where women get punished are in BDSM and Non-Consent/Reluctance. Oh, that's right, you need to feel self-righteous when you fantasize about hurting women. Sounds like Fetish to me....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good Again!

In your stories, the cheater must pay. Rightly so!

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

really nicely done. I've read the comments, and I guess, it must be an age thing. once your married for so many years, the cheat becomes harder felt, the betrayal is deeper, but also in some circumstances, becomes understandable. they say with age comes wisdom, but not always. the story was good, but personally would have liked to see them get back together again. I guess I like happy endings, unlike real life.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Birds of a feather

God help Randi's new husband. Married to a woman that sees absolutely nothing wrong with cheating! Worse, she actually blames her father for the divorce!Oh yes, she'll take his money, but she is still 100% her mother's daughter. I wonder if she will even wait 6 months before she joins the club along with her mom and aunt? Doubtful. Never trust someone that defends, covers for or assists a cheater. That shows what kind of person they are, because if they can't see any wrong in someone else doing it, they certainly wouldn't hesitate to cheat themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Did Patti ever try to talk Laura out of it? She could've told him before she did it, got therapy or talked it out. She is just as guilty as her. The way he thought I assumed he would try to get some kind do of revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to each his own.

By immediately forgiving her mother the daughter sent a message to her dad that what had gone down was ok with her. Personally I not only wouldn't have sent the money, I would not have attended the wedding. Ignoring them for two years was not a mistake, it was intentional. No fucking forgiveness.To all you writers out there, forget the" it was just meaningless sex " excuse. To throw our marriage away over something totally meaningless, is the worst insult of all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Daughter was a traitor

Her fiance should have dumped her, probably a whore like her mother.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago

Randi comes across as very spoiled and I don't have high hopes for her marriage. Too bad for Dan...

nhreadernhreaderover 9 years ago

Maybe the daughter forgave her mother because she was desperate to keep her family together

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
That's a LOT of anger he was holding on to.

6 months of therapy and anger management? Wow! I'm amazed he could function on any level. This was a difficult story to follow along and read. First it was her hospital stay, then it was the anger issues. In the end I really didn't like any of the characters.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
liked it

it was convoluted like life is, and practical, in the events, all believable, to some extent. a bit long, but understandable, as to the way it was put together.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SOMETIMES THE BINDINGS ARE SO TIGHT

it would give Houdini a head ache, TK U MLJ LV NV

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Very intense realistic drama mystery and suspense.

Extremely well crafted realistic story with excellent plausibility. Steve was a loving husband totally blindsided by a deceitful scheming bitch wife and sister in-law. Laura being in a coma over time took a decisive distraction from the building rage of Steve over Laura's apparent betrayal which was uncovered one layer at a time. Slirpuff masterfully held the readers in suspense greedily holding clues to Laura's deceit and conspiratorial premeditated dalliances. Each layer uncovered by Steve further feeding the furnaces of fury. The characters were very well organized and scripted scene by scene. The scene at the wedding where Laura thinks she's won over Steve toward reconciliation at some level is the perfect storm. Slirpuff carefully scripts Steve's thinking as he whitewashed all his real feelings in conversing with Laura. In my opinion, Steve is the hero of the story as a result of his support of his daughter Randi and her wedding celebration while biting his rogue and muting his feelings in his conversation with Laura who selfishly imposes herself as her being the reason for Steve being in attendance. It was just so perfect the way this was scripted whether by intention or not. Thank you for a great intense five star read.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
picked sides

Your daughter picked her side....it wasn't her fathers, even though it was entirely her mothers fault. I not only would not have attended the wedding, I wouldn't have paid for it. I never ,really, heard a word of actual remorse escape her lips. But then again, this is how you saw fit to write your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
that's because ohyessssss

slirpuff has never met a woman that has don't wrong. If you look at the stories he writes, she never does wrong. In slirpuff's world a woman can cheat, have another man's kids, break him and some how she comes out on top. Even in the story the man comes out ahead, he fucks them over in the end, I guess that's what makes him such an effective RAAC writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hey "that's because ohyessssss"

Drop dead asshole. You're pissing on one of my favorite writers.

Why don't you elucidate your great contributions to the world?

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 9 years ago
Three stars

Not for content/plot but because the author was brave enough to lay it out there.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Very good story.

I don't always appreciate stories in which the timeframes are changed so often. This one worked for me. The title told me we'd have RAAC. I'm glad I was wrong. I love these stories where "this was going to be the last time, I had to tell him in person, etc." I've found a phone call works very well.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Maybe it's true, I don't know

but how do you spice up your marriage by fucking another man, for a long time, behind your husbands back? Doesn't have to make sense to be a justification. And apparently some people don't need much of an excuse to salve their conscious. If I were Patti's husband, I would really be worried about he state of my wife's pussy. How used is it? How many STDs? How quickly should I have the kid's DNA tested? And if I were the husband I would certainly have the daughter tested. She jumped on whoremama's side awfully fast and really got down on Dad. And about that, why in all of these stories when the kids take the wife's side against Dad, does he get all sad and dejected and try to give in to them? He brought them into the world, he can take them out again. And usually they are like the daughter, bitching at him with her hand out expecting money. Bad enough to have to deal with a cheating cum bucket without having to put up with attitude from the cum bucket in training.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

an intriguing story. Five stars.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
There was a reconciliation...sort of

He was actually able to be in the same room with her for what had to be several hours without blowing his stack.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous