All Comments on 'The Time Traveller's Mother'

by rbuchanan

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
variabledarkvariabledarkover 10 years ago
I liked it

There's not much more to say than that. Thank you for sharing

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

in case you wanted a theory on time travel p.o.v. some think the traveler would retain memories of the true time line and the events attempted to change would remain as memories even if the change happened. i must admit i never thought about your take on the reason for the travel not being needed if the changes were done therefore erasing the need paradox. was the method of travel inspired by the movie with chris reeves?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Spoiled for me

This was, a great and imaginative story, up to the point where it was completely ruined by the unlikely dialogue at the end.

Here we have a young/old man who purportedly loves and adores, and presumably respects his mother, yet he disrespects her by treating her like a whore and calling her a filthy slut. Sadly the author has changed a tender love story into a simple wankfest.

I grew up in the immediate post WWII England, where the word shag was the norm, a cunt was called a fanny, and fuck was seldom used, except perhaps by US servicemen stationed in UK.

I was also fortunate in that circumstances (loneliness, lack of self esteem and a drunken abusive husband) combined to allow me to shag my mother, but although she was, in American parlance, from the 'wrong side of the tracks', she would have slapped the living shit out of me if I had dared to use the words slut and cunt, especially in reference to her.

I strongly advise any author considering writing a story set in an era with which they are not totally familiar, to do some research into the idiom of the times. Google makes this easy.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 10 years ago
Like redlion said.

Reminiscent of that Christopher Reeves movie Somewhere in time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
*****

Not bad but I agree with the comment that the dialogue at the end spoiled the tone of the story. The mom and son can be direct with each other without being unpleasant, and there is the assumption that lust is by nature sort of nasty, though the act itself is certainly primal, and that coarse and insulting language heightens excitement. Maybe for some it does but it doesn't fit with their earlier behavior. Also, you don't need adverbs most of the time, and certainly not as a substitute for important description as "erotically" tries to do. You were doing just fine without it. It's jarring to my ear. Also, I liked the implicit criticism of psychological theories. Most of them are just metaphors but we've cloaked them with the mantle of "truth" expressed in complicated language designed to make the rest of us think the specialists are on to something. Finally, sadly, time moves in one direction and that is forward. We can't reverse it. That's just the way it is. So maybe your fine story is another reason to "seize the day." That would enhance our pleasure in this moment and save us from regrets later on for opportunities not taken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This is a Literotica Story guys!

I must admit I find the comments here rather amusing. These people are quite happy to accept all the improbable (to say the least) time travel elements of the story, but bulk at the anachronistic language at the end! This story was obviously written for Literotica and the author has clearly spiced up the ending for the readers here. Personally I think it's a great story. Five stars!

toJohnny7toJohnny7over 10 years ago
5 stars

Beautifully written.

NevadidNevadidover 10 years ago

I liked it a lot although I didn't expect to at first. It was the title that intrigued me. The only part that let it down I felt was the postscript and only because it set up a paradox. At the end the hero of the story said that "my mind is spinning into nothingness as everything fades, and slowly I am losing track of space and time." So when did he manage to write everything down?

A small point I'm aware but things like that niggle at me. Still and all, a very interesting premise for a story that could have a number of different endings.

mafia_patriarchmafia_patriarchover 10 years ago

Why travel to when your mom is 52? Why not sometime earlier? Making an anonymous post while identifying yourself. That's funny.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 10 years ago
DIFFERENT BUT GOOD

I was going with a 5 until I hit the dialog near the end. Maybe it turns some on but I find it trashy and out of character for the story's time line. That said, I think this is a brilliant story by a very talented writer. Once I suspended belief the details of how the info got recorded didn't really bother me. You could have had the son appear as any age with the Mom being able to recognize him by some sign. Heck, this story has endless possibilities. He could even be his own Great Grandpa. I gave you a 4. Keep up he good work!

phobosukphobosukover 10 years ago
Welcome back

Good to see you writing again

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Mummy mummy MUMMY!!!!

You fucken Britons need to start using REAL English, i.e., AMERICAN "MOM"!!! So fucken annoying making us all picture fucken Egyptian corpses!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!! 'Murricuh!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
American English?

To the Anon who complained about the use of Mummy. The answer to your complaint is in the word 'English'. The language is not called 'American'. it's called 'English'. Your transatlantic version is simply a corruption of the real thing. Get over it! How do you think Brits feel when some Yank says a woman has a nice 'ass' and we all envisage a long eared and very stupid animal? If we can cope with that, you can cope with mummy. I assume you do have that level of intelligence?

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
I sometimes (but not often) have had powerful dreams like that.

Not with my Mother but with other relatives (the dreams). No incest in my life (cousins don't count, LOL).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Terriffic Story!

Dear author, what can I say? This was an extremely good read! I loved the premise, "a good author borrows, a great one steals" as I've heard said. The pace was neither rushed nor lagged. I could easily visualize the scene. As an American I have no problem understanding 'Mum' or 'Mummy' as meaning 'Mom' or 'Mommy', not dead people in a tomb. ( *sighs* and shakes head) I instantly know I am reading someone whose English is the Queens English and not American English. While they are the same there are a few differences. I would echo the commentor's that raised the specter of idioms being correct for the time period though. I do find it jarring when words that had not entered the lexicon for the period are used or improper vernacular (i.e. hospitals, legal settings, etc.) or technology. (Not with this story though, being from America I did not find it jarring for the 1950's in private. Having read the comments and seeing the use of fanny and not cunt as more period correct.) I do however beg to differ a bit (with commentor's). I have found that the more prim and proper some people are, the dirtier they are behind the bedroom door with someone they trust. I would be counted among this group. I just found you author and plan on reading your stories. I see your newest post is from 2017. Hopefully you will continue posting! 'Cheers' as y'all say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LOVE IT! ❤ = ☆☆☆☆☆ (5.0)! Bravissimo! This is an excellent mother-son sex fantasy. The storyline was really imaginatively conceived & masterfully crafted.

I was totally infatuated with my mom from the onset of puberty till I turned 28. She was in majority of my jack-off fantasies.

Thank you for this story!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If only I could travel back in time and make love to my late mother...then, my life would be complete.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous