All Comments on 'The Trade'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 1 year ago

Wow...

Great story. I wasn't expecting that....

I liked it and it kept my interest throughout..

Nice..

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Very interesting story!

5

Omart57Omart57about 1 year ago

Good story, H! I really enjoyed this one!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

That was different and well done. I enjoyed this story and the surprise it held. Nice job.

WoodencavWoodencavabout 1 year ago

Nice storey, happy ending. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Interesting take on life

stev2244stev2244about 1 year ago

Very good story. At first, the combination of office scheming, biker gang and swapping was a bit surprising, but it worked very well. It was an original way of getting rid of a cheating spouse, and nobody was burned too badly. Well done.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

Wow! A surprisingly wonderful story! Aaron ended up with the job and a faithful wife. Hank was a different character than my initial assumption, and Jack got what he deserved! Well done. 5 stars!

HemmingswayHemmingswayabout 1 year ago

Hooked1957 great job on this one. Very enjoyable read, looking forward to your next submission.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Well written, nice character, plot and descriptions

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 1 year ago

Well done.

Good story with enough originality thrown in to greatly enhance the piece.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Entertaining read, as usual, with a little stretching of the imagination thrown in. 4*

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

It seemed like it took two days to read it but it was actually only a few minutes.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 1 year ago

Good, but strange reading story. 4 stars, maybe should have been 5 stars. I might re-read it in a few months and up the rating to 5. Have to put thought into this one.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Different from your usual stories. Good thpugh

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story, but (there’s always a but) some of the writing is convoluted. Several times I found myself back tracking and rereading passages. I kept losing track of who was speaking, or losing the story thread. Still a really good story.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Unconventional, and veering away from traditional stereotypes. Once I stopped wanting A and Josie to reconcile, I just had a good time with it and let the story unfold. Very well done.

tonyneatotonyneatoabout 1 year ago

Nice all around story of white collar jobs and living the dream. Nice finish.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Great story, Hooked. Funny, I could have sworn I left an earlier statement to that effect, Another senior moment, I guess. Getting to be too many of those lately.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Great story, Hooked. Funny, I could have sworn I left an earlier statement to that effect, Another senior moment, I guess. Getting to be too many of those lately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An understandable change of events. Proof reading first would have made it easier to read and to follow along.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A man who weighs 200 pounds at a height of 6 feet 4 inches is not solid, but rather skinny.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

for me

unlikable characters = unlikable story.

but I do like Hooked1957.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Great story, Hooked. Funny, I could have sworn I left an earlier statement to that effect, Another senior moment, I guess. Getting to be too many of those lately.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Different and that's not a bad thing. Could use some different around here

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Predictable I twist from you would be the couple actually staying together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, I really liked it. Looks like it was based on J267s the sacrifice but done well

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Different. Enjoyed it.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

Great story with an unusual plot line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dumb, if you take all emotion out of a relationship and write a story like it’s a grocery list this is the result.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
One

Of first stories of yours I didn't like. Sad it started out good but then it fell apart.

RzcanuckRzcanuckabout 1 year ago

That was different. 5 stars.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - there is nothing good about the biker way of life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! Did wonder about getting that Harley as he’s approaching 60. Perhaps should have. had Hank branch out with an RV dealership.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. He got an upgrade, she found her people too. All’s well that ends well. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I fail to see what people think is so great about this story. Zero emotions, drama or excitement. I guess the people enjoying this one also think watching paint dry is oh so fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have absolutely no idea what I just read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Honestly it was pretty weak for Hooked offering. Still better than most of the trash posted on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice. A different kind of plot, to be sure. Hubby discovers wife is a slut….and just gives her what she wants. Of course, getting a hot young thing in return was a bit of a plot gimmick….especially with Hank being such an agreeable and “honorable” kind of biker boss 😎

.

At the end of the day, Josie was a very sad story. Chased her dream…caught it…and ended up a shadow of what she thought she wanted. Can’t help but think as she got older, regret got larger….the description of her at the end virtually defines “high mileage”.

.

But…but….but….where was Traci???

.

4 strong ****

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

A nice interesting story with a twist.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Yeah, I like this one a lot!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 1 year ago

Sounds like a great trade to me. Hooked is always thinking outside the box with great results. Another good story under his belt.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

A great story. Was that her first affair or the first she was outed over? A real and unique 5* story.

Anyone questioning if Biker gangs really operate like this? They most certainly do.

tablelandswritertablelandswriterabout 1 year ago

Great story. One of your best.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

Didn't like this one. Too over the top

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

4.5 stars. 5 stars because the main character clearly trades up AND ends up happy (and with a real family, which the piece of shit ex didn't bother giving him after 13 years of "marriage"). -0.5 because she didn't suffer any punishment whatsoever for her betrayal, and he left her financially well off, instead of using Jack's videos as leverage to get material side of divorce in his favor (or, ruin her reputation by simply letting Jack post on internet without Hank's interference). I'm rounding up to 5, because his well being and happiness is still the best revenge; but it definitely isn't my favorite LW story due to lack of any downside for her.

rodryder44rodryder44about 1 year ago

Four stars for a rousing BTB story. Josie got her just reward and everyone is happy.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

I like this one a *lot*. Aaron had a happy fate, as did Zydeco. Hank, while living a life I would not choose, was a decent guy who ended up in a happy plar. Josie's fate, while enduring a divorce she did not want (but that she did earn), seemed to have worked out in a way that made her happy, and Jack got a pummelling and no promotion. Five stars!

kelchakelchaabout 1 year ago

The story was a good read and very enjoyable. Everyone except Jack ends up happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great storytelling.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Because if you do apply, then the whole world gets to see these on the Internet," - So his wife's a slut. That won't be his problem for long!

\

"At that point she actually felt guilty toward Jack for her weekend with Hank... and Norm and Steve." - She feels guilty for cheating on her lover?!

\

Have to admit that I didn't see that coming?

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Josie didn't suffer at all and Aaron was just another cuck who traded one whore for another.

Please use TAGS! I usually like your stories but I am going to have to go to the comments before reading from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah, Another Martian Slut Ray Plot

\

13 years of loyal loving faithful wife, then Shazam!, she's fucking some asshole, because he flirted with her, and it was so good because it was so wrong. Then became a gang banging biker slut. Yeah, that could happen to almost any wife, right? Who could ever discern such a monstrous cheating contemptuous personality, even if you were living with them, constantly, talking and planning and interacting with family, for 13 years? It could happen to any husband; can't be avoided. Is it misogynistic to think a wife like Josie could just casually turn into a drugged out biker whore, with no psychological or traumatic dysfunction having occurred? The improbability kind of weakens the plot.

\

A ridiculous premise does not create drama, only puzzlement, and a smirk. It was a curious if not enjoyable read. Is that OK?

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 1 year ago

Whilst it was, as usual, well written; it seemed way over the top with Josie. To suddenly pulling a train of bikers was a bit too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah, as RR asks, where is Traci? Crazy enough story to be worth five stars ⭐️!

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Good story. Like it a lot! Was a biker dude years ago myself but not with a gang, Did a big favor for the Vice President of the Hells Angels chapter in Camas Valley then met the Vice President in Fairbanks Alaska at the Club Alaskan, Wasn't my life style. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE NOVA STARS! Thanks.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 1 year ago

Making a good trade. Fire story, Mr. 1957. Write another, please. Randi.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Excellent trade. Zydeco wasn’t Pearl Pureheart, but damn Josie was seriously skank.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really hot story . Known a few bikers from different groups and they definitely do pass woman around. In early 90’s down in Daytona 4 friends girlfriends went down from Connecticut but caught the end of biker week. All the stores came out with 4 breakups because they came up with std’s. Turns out they thought it was great and partied with them . First night the four heads of four different chapters passed them back and forth. Then the next two days they used and fucked by the rest . At one point two were crawling as they were ass fucked in a circle making them bark and oink. They thought it would be fun but was way over their head. The most innocent of them told the story and had huge regrets but they willingly did what they did. The day the bikers were leaving they had the four of them lay heads together on the sand and twenty plus guys circle jerkked on their faces. They took the next few days to rest and recover and talk about how completely insane the previous three days were. Two of the continued to be wild neighborhoods pigs while the other two stayed single for close to 2 years

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not much into motorcycle clubs. Stationed at Barstow in 68-69 when

Hells angels and outlaws still real bad news. Would actually take over small towns and rape and pillage.

Left us alone as USMC had base there and we would have been glad to show them error of ways. Especially as right on their runs to Vegas and a lot of desert.

TrambakTrambakabout 1 year ago

Not to the usual standards.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 1 year ago

A very enjoyable read.

Looks like everyone got what they wanted, except for Jack. He got more than he bargained for.

Thank you.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 1 year ago

@sbrooks103x

"Because if you do apply, then the whole world gets to see these on the Internet," - So his wife's a slut. That won't be his problem for long!

Oh you caught that, pretty sharp huh?

\

"At that point she actually felt guilty toward Jack for her weekend with Hank... and Norm and Steve." - She feels guilty for cheating on her lover?!

Yep that's how the story read. Again pretty sharp.

\

Have to admit that I didn't see that coming? Well so much for sharp.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 1 year ago

@ReedRichards

Where is Traci? - I also wondered where she was.

@nixrox

1 star - there is nothing good about the biker way of life.-

Shows how much you know about "the biker way of life"

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

I love your work but this story is nowhere near your usual standards.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 1 year ago

... Definitely read better stories from this author.

I still do not understand why the MC needed to bring his wife to a cabin for a confrontation about her cheating - honestly, the fuck would that change about this situation? Aaron just filing for divorce and reporting Jack to their HR department and the police for blackmail (which is exactly what was happening here) would have been more suitable and understandable actions. But hey, 'guess a story, weak as it was, needed to happen, so...

By the way, the following phrase makes absolutely no sense and perfectly encapsulated Hooked1957's puzzling less-than-stellar efforts throughout this work:

"Well, I suppose you could stay in one of the kids' old rooms..."

... Which kids? Aaron and Josie do not even have one single child! The fact that both the author and his editors miss this obvious mistake is, frankly, quite baffling, but, as I said before, nobody here seems to really care about the storyline here, so...

I don't know. Nobody's perfect, and it's not like I always expect to give full scores to my favorite authors... but, if I'm being honest, I am! If it's a Hooked story, my bias has me preparing it to be put in my Favorites almost automatically. Hell, the only reason why I'm not giving it a lower score than 3⭐ is that I truly am a fan of this author. But I cannot deny it: he phoned it in.

As many already wrote: not your usual standards, author. Not much else to say...

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

What in the world was this about? It seemed to be a slice out of a bad dream. Were any of the people worth two cents? Not in my book. If you have any moral compass at all you would be completely lost on the open road that made up this story. I must make sure I remember this author's name so I can avoid any further contact. 2*

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Meandering nothing words. What was the point here? Writer clearly well out of his usual weak ass cuck element and obviously has a real hard time when wandering into alternate territory. Pretty bad., but actually not a one this time.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 year ago

It was enjoyable reading, the glaring error I saw was Aaron talking about kids room but no kids mentioned by him and Josie in there I believe 14 years of marriage. So yeah confusing but overall beside that stand out I mentioned above I was entertained and ultimately that is what is important to me!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A very clever plot and a very surprising ending that I found most satisfying.

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

A very nice twist on the LW genre. 5 stars DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

aaron got lucky getting rid of a woman who loved him so much she cheated on him, respected him so much she cheated w/ a man she knew he didnt like. She knew it was wrong to cheat and w/ a man her husband didnt like, made it all better for her. I wonder why she even tried to fight the divorce, she evidently never had to confront friends family or any body else and suffer their disdain. I only wish she had gotten into a mc accident that left her crippled, permanently in pain and disfigured. aaron was again lucky w/ his trade up. rk

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Understated moral of the Aesop's story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Homage to a J267 story the sacrifice

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ok fun story. Enjoyed it. Josie was a slut. But what about the kids? She just walks? The kids are mentioned much but their is one reference on page 2. Am I.missing something. Don't the kids nullify this whole swap? Otherwise quote entertaining. Zydeco is a keeper.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Load of bollocks. I really don’t like this story. To me it is one of your worst. Sorry but for me 1 star.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous