The Trustworthy Friends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
amyyum
amyyum
1,790 Followers

"No – I don't think so," I said. "Can I pick it up?" I asked since she had placed it on the table with a latex glove on her left hand.

"Sure – we already dusted it for prints and the only ones we found were Bryce's," she continued, and then removed the glove from her hand.

I inspected it; "I'm sure I never saw this before," I declared as I put it back on the table. "Where did you find it?"

"In a locked drawer in Bryce's desk in your den," she replied. "You wouldn't happen to know the password, would you?"

"I couldn't even guess – Bryce and I never shared that information; we both thought that we were entitled to privacy."

"Have you seen this phone?" she continued, placing another, very similar-looking phone, on the table. It was different in that it had a pink flower sticker on it.

"I can assure you that I never have," I replied without picking it up; "I've never seen any phone with a sticker like that on it."

"I didn't think that you did, but I had to ask."

"Where did you find that phone?" I inquired.

"In Cynthia Warbler's house, in an unlocked drawer in the kitchen. Since Cynthia lived alone it's not password protected, and we retrieved actual texts and a call log from it."

I gulped hard. "What did they reveal?" I choked out.

"Text messages to and from Cynthia's burner phone to Bryce's burner phone essentially every Sunday and Thursday night, and calls between them too. Also calls and texts on an irregular basis between Cynthia's burner phone and a similar phone that we found in Bernice's closet that is password protected. None of the texts themselves are provocative, but without question they do indicate that Bryce and Cynthia, and likely Bernice too, were having some sort of clandestine relationship going back as long as the phones were in existence."

I felt my head spinning. I vaguely remember Jennifer saying something to me and then jumping up from her chair, but by the time that I had my next conscious thought I was lying on a cot in another room with a guy with a stethoscope hovering over me, and Jennifer and the male missing persons cop standing nearby with concerned looks on their faces.

"What happened?" was my obvious question.

"You passed out in the interview room and hit your head on the floor before I could get to you," Jennifer intoned – and then with a wry smile continued with "an almost perfect swan dive."

That did get a chuckle out of me. After the doctor examined me some more and concluded that I just I had fainted and that the small bump on my head did not mean a concussion, he and Jennifer helped me to my feet.

"There's no reason to talk more today," Jennifer said as she led me out to the lobby of the station. "We'll talk again soon. We have to conduct an investigation, but right now it seems – as impossible as it is to believe – that Bryce, Cynthia and Bernice just took off. I'll be in touch – but you might want to consider getting appointed temporary guardian of Cynthia's girls. They'll do much better with you than with Child Protective Services."

I thanked her, called Jake, told him to bring the kids to my house after the amusement park and that I would take care of dinner. I got a ride to my house from a polite and solicitous patrol officer, and called for Gail and Jill's favorite take-out again, to be delivered in two hours, hoping that I wouldn't be spoiling them.

**********

Things happened quickly; this seemed to be a real priority with the cops and with the juvenile system.

Jake and I cooperated fully with the investigation, including by turning over our cellphones and computers so that they could be cloned, and providing our passwords for all of them. Of course both Jake and I had air-tight alibis – we never really were suspects but that helped expedite the investigation – and there was no doubt that we never supposed that there was any relationship between Bryce, Cindy and Bernice. You couldn't fake the reactions that either Jake (he went ballistic) or I (I fainted) had.

What prevented the authorities from concluding the disappearance investigation, however, was that none of Bryce, Cindy or Bernice had removed any money from any account that could be located by the authorities. What they were going to live on was a true mystery since the most optimistic possibilities, based upon a forensic accounting, was that among the three of them they couldn't have had more than a few thousand dollars. There were also no bus, train, or airplane tickets in their names, no rental cars, and all three of their private vehicles were located – surprisingly all in the same place, at the back of a restaurant that was separated from a hotel parking lot by a few meters of brush and trees, no fence. Nothing in their cars turned up any clues.

As far as the juvenile system is concerned, given my money, my parents' contacts, glowing recommendations from Rob, Jennifer, and Jake, and the meetings that counselors from CPS had with Gail and Jill, they never left my control. When at the hearing before a family court judge a mere ten days after I filed for temporary guardianship the head of CPS testified "I have never seen a child with a better relationship with a non-relative than Gail and Jill have with Mrs. Hardy," and the judge looked at my "Means Affidavit," (how much money I have), her decision was quick and definitive.

"Mrs. Hardy is granted temporary full custody and guardianship of Gail and Jill Warbler for one year without prejudice to file for permanent custody and guardianship if their birth mother Cynthia Warbler does not reappear within that time frame."

I went one step further. I arranged to have myself made trustee of Cindy's assets which I pledged to be used only for the girls. I got my attorney and a real estate agent to handle all of the paperwork necessary to rent Cindy's house out until I could be granted permanent trustee after a year, and made sure that Gail and Jill were named – with me – on all of her accounts.

It was rough on Gail and Jill for about six months; despite my great relationship with them, my parents acting as doting and loving grandparents, and the fact that their routine (including attending the same school where the administration and staff were very considerate) was as close as possible to what they were used to, they still missed Cindy. I got them counseling individually and together. I made sure not to spoil them with material things, but gave them all the love and attention that they could desire.

I'm not sure that anyone else realized it – except maybe Jake, since he and I talked and interacted frequently – but Gail and Jill saved me as much as I did them. Having to take care of two active, inquisitive, smart, beautiful seven-year-olds doesn't leave one much time for self-pity, especially since the recipients of the charity work that I did had it much worse than I ever could imagine. The few times that I allowed myself to reflect I really, really did miss Bryce – especially the sex, tenderness, and physical contact – and I tried my best to imagine other alternatives to him having full blown affairs with one or both of Cindy and Bernice, and just abandoning me without a fare-thee-well.

I didn't do anything about fulfilling my need for sexual release for more than six months after Bryce had disappeared. I just didn't have it in me to start dating, especially since I was technically still married to Bryce even though at some point I would be filing for divorce based upon abandonment. However, something happened at about the six month "anniversary" that changed things.

Jake and I had continued to commiserate, and got together with the kids, at least once a week. Also, in emergency situations I was happy to take the kids off of Jake's hands, especially since his youngest daughter Alicé was a year younger than Gail and Jill and got along great with them, his oldest daughter Sadie was two years older and very sophisticated and an excellent almost adult companion, and his youngest child, Brian, was the cutest little hellion ever and if in control (which Sadie had the absolute ability to insure) a true pleasure to be around and a great counterweight to the four girls.

When the five kids were over, and especially when we had at least a once monthly slumber party when Jake was travelling on business, however, my house was too small. Therefore I bought the least ostentatious, most energy efficient and green, mini-mansion that I could find in the same school district that all five kids were in. Jill and Gail were in heaven in their mammoth bedrooms, which I let them decorate exactly as they wanted to (Jill's was garish, but Gail's was in perfect taste). I even had separate bedrooms for Alicé, Sadie, and Brian, if they wanted them, although Alicé always alternated between Jill and Gail's rooms, and Brian insisted in sleeping in the same room as Sadie. The half-Olympic size Infinity pool with water slide, riding stable, archery range, game room, movie theater, and treehouse were also big hits.

Two weeks after we moved into the new house, Jake had a very unusual Friday and Saturday business trip, so of course we had two slumber parties planned. He called early Saturday afternoon.

"Hi Amy, how are you holding up with the five terrorists?"

"Hey, no bombs thrown yet, except by Brian," I laughed. "Actually, we're having a great time."

"I got done with my business more quickly, and successfully, than I thought possible and will be back in town about 6:00. I can take the kids off your hands about 6:30."

"You'll so disappoint them if they can't have another sleepover," I chirped. "You may actually have a mutiny. Tell you what, why don't you come for dinner and stay the night in the guest bedroom. You'll make their weekend."

"Are you sure we won't be too much trouble?" he inquired.

"You may be, but not the kids," I laughed. "Just bring a bottle of red wine for the adults."

"See you about 6:30," he chuckled.

All five kids were thrilled to see Jake, once we made it clear that they could still have their slumber party because he was sleeping in the guest room. We had a great dinner, played "family" games for two hours after dinner, Sadie read Brian a bedtime story while Jill, Gail, and Alicé decided to sleep in the same room and insisted that both Jake and I read them a bedtime story, pretending that they were five instead of eight and seven, respectively.

After all of the kids were asleep, Jake and I got out the bottle of wine he had brought and went into the living room, with the stereo on low. After we finished off the bottle he had brought and were halfway through the second one that I brought out we got very reflective and at least slightly melancholy.

"Do you think about Bryce, Cindy, and Bernice much," he asked with a sad look.

"I try not to, but can't avoid it – usually once a day but for just a short period of time unless I have some real dead time – which I try hard to avoid," I responded, switching between making eye contact and staring at the floor.

"Me too," he moaned more than said. "Have you started dating yet, or are you going to wait until you file for divorce based upon abandonment?"

I paused for reflection, finished off the glass of wine that I had and then poured the rest of the bottle into my glass, before I replied. "I haven't had the urge to date yet; if I do, which is highly unlikely, I won't need to wait until I file for divorce. I've resigned myself to the fact that he's not coming back; I've been told that in our fair state I only have to wait 367 days from the missing person's report to file for abandonment, and I'll probably do it then."

After more reflection I stared at Jake and asked "How about you?"

"I need sexual release badly, but despite that don't have the slightest interest in dating; and I do miss Bernice even though I have come to accept that she probably did run off with Bryce – and strangely, Cindy. I'll probably file for abandonment in 367 days too."

Then Jake got this weird look on his face. He stood up, grabbed my hand and pulled me up, drained my freshly poured wine, and said "There's something I want to show you in your pool house."

I was giggling, fueled by the alcohol, as we walked barefoot through the grass to the pool house. "What is it?" I kept asking. Of course I had my suspicions, which were enhanced by his standard reply of "You'll have to wait."

My pool house has an oversized massage table, something Jake had obviously known from earlier visits, in addition to changing lockers and benches. When we got inside I giggled "Ok, tell me now – what did you want to show me?"

As he removed his clothes he growled "I want to show you the best time since Bryce left."

I was stunned; however there was no fight or flight response. Rather I could consciously feel my nipples getting hard and my pussy getting wet, especially when his rock hard cock stood at attention. He closed the distance between us, and planted a soul-touching tongue-filled passionate kiss on me as he gathered up my dress. He broke his kiss only long enough to pull the dress over my head.

As he returned to his kiss, while his cock was twitching in contact with my stomach, he made short work of my bra and panties, and then lifted my ass onto the massage table with my knees at the end of the table. He then proceeded to attack my pussy and nipples with his tongue, lips, nose, and fingers.

As I previously mentioned, Jake is a very good-looking guy. Much better looking than I am. However, the way I felt at the time he could have been a dog and I would have begged for him to fuck me – which I pathetically did after each of the three oral/finger orgasms that overwhelmed me.

After my third orgasm as I moaned "please fuck me...please, please fuck me," he lifted me onto my hands and knees on the massage table and growled into my ear "Not to worry; your pussy will be begging for mercy by the time that I'm done with you."

Jake hopped up onto the massage table, got behind me, buried his thick hog in my pussy in one stroke, and then proceeded to bang the shit out of me. At various points he pulled my hair back, stuck a thumb in my asshole, bent over me and kneaded my tits, and continually growled "fuck yeah...take this bitch...I'm going to fuck you comatose."

Bryce never really talked dirty to me, and while we had some very passionate sessions it was nothing like the rough treatment Jake was dishing out. While I can't say that I liked it more than Bryce's approach there was nothing not to like about it, and I screamed as he came hard in my pulsating pussy as at the same time he pushed two fingers into my anus.

The fucker was true to his word. I was rendered comatose. I don't know how long it was before I recovered, but when I did he was carrying me into the outdoor shower stall, which had a curtain around it. He didn't bother closing the curtain – fortunately the stall faced the woods behind my house, and not my house – as he turned on the water, and when it was warm pulled me into the shower. After rinsing the sweat and cum off of both of us he turned the water off, lifted me up by my ass, pushed my back against the rear wall of the shower stall, and fucked me again, this time with even more dirty talk.

When we came virtually simultaneously I was again turned into a wibbly wobbly pile of protoplasm.

I honestly don't know how many times Jake fucked me that night. It was probably five, with lots of oral and finger play between fucks, but I can't be sure. My mind was overloaded. All I was interested in was retaining as much pleasure in it as I could.

The sun was just starting to rise when Jake put my dress back on, sans bra and panties, and carried me not just to the main house, but up into my bed. As he lay me down and then covered me up he pried open my eyes and said "Thanks; I really needed that!"

I smiled and retorted "Me too, you fucking animal."

He kissed me and left; I passed out more than fell asleep.

I don't know how much later it was when Jill, Gail, and Alicé came bursting into my room yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Jake says to get your lazy butt out of bed because it's time for breakfast."

"Oh...oh..." I moaned as I looked into their smiling faces, then out the window to see that the sun was definitely up, and then at the digital clock on my bedside table which read 9:37. "Tell Jake that I'll be down in five minutes," I said with as much smile as I could muster.

The giddy trio giggled with joy and then disappeared from my room as quickly as they had appeared. I dragged my ass out of bed, got scared when I saw myself in the mirror, changed into panties, bra, exercise shorts, and exercise top, fixed my hair as best that I could, and stumbled – bowlegged – down to the kitchen.

The five kids were already devouring blueberry pancakes, while fighting over the syrup and sausage patties. Jake had an apron on standing next to the hotplate on the stove and pouring more batter onto it. "Hey, you're among the living. How many pancakes for you?"

"As many as you'll give me – I'm hungry as a bear and twice as mean," I grumbled, suddenly realizing that nasty sex had made me famished.

Jake snickered as I demanded that he put a seventh pancake onto my plate with my mouth still full of the sixth one. "I've never seen you eat so much," sophisticated Sadie observed with a smile as she was clearing Brian's plate from the table and the other four kids were running outside to play on the swing set.

"Sorry," I chuckled, my mouth still half full. "For some reason I'm starving today," I replied, glancing quickly at Jake who was making a kissing motion at me. When Sadie turned her back I gave him the finger, causing him to silently mouth what I interpreted to be "I'd rather fuck you instead," followed by another snicker.

After another day of activities – which I thoroughly enjoyed even though I was still mostly wiped out from having my pussy endlessly reamed the night before – as Jake's kids were gathering their stuff, with the help of Gail and Jill, getting ready to go home – I surreptitiously asked Jake "Do we need to talk?"

"I'll take you to lunch Tuesday – how's that? Can you meet me at my office at 11:45?" was his deadpan response.

"Sounds like a plan," I replied.

"If you're not on the pill you need to take Plan B," he retorted.

"Will do," I shot back, glad that he had thought of that and embarrassed that I hadn't. I did not need a pregnancy now.

Everybody exchanged hugs goodbye.

**************

I got Plan B at a drugstore first thing Monday morning. I didn't overthink my Saturday night-Sunday morning adventure with Jake. While I enjoyed it immensely, I had no expectations nor any indication that either of us would have truly romantic feelings toward one another. I decided to just go with the flow.

Jake proudly showed me around his office and introduced me to many of his colleagues. Most recognized my name – the disappearance of Bryce, Bernice and Cindy had been big news in our town for several months despite our attempts to avoid the press, so my name was easily remembered.

We got the business portion of our lunch over quickly.

"So, Amy; about Saturday night," Jake started out with a grin at our out-of-the-way table.

"You mean into Sunday morning, so that I'm still walking bowlegged two days later," I fake snarled.

"Yeah, that," he chuckled. "I really, really enjoyed it. It was the first time that I felt completely content since Bernice left – even if my euphoria only lasted until Monday night. I hope that I didn't scare you,"

"Actually, I feel the same way about it – although I find it hard to believe that a guy as good looking as you are could find sexual satisfaction with someone as plain as I am."

His face turned from a smile to a frown. "I'm going to say this once and only once – I don't ever want to hear you bad-mouthing your looks again. You're a sexy beautiful woman. If I ever hear that shit coming from your mouth again, wherever we are, I'll turn you upside down and spank your bare ass. Understood!"

amyyum
amyyum
1,790 Followers