All Comments on 'The Twelve Tables Ch. 10'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Ellienora35Ellienora35about 8 years ago
Interesting

This chapter was hugely interesting and it moved things along well. I am more interested in the trial now. I can't wait to see what Peri does with this situation and. Now that she is in the same place as Nik, how will Nik react?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Et al. And so it begins.

So, two weeks to endure amongst this misogynistic warrior clan in order to earn the right to a typical trial, because Joseph has had two female screw ups in his family. Josh told he will have to forgive Peri for doing what his family is requiring her to do, it will be so heinous. Peri is put into the hands of a young punk male who is out to prove himself. Joseph is staying to protect her, but not too close meaning he won't be present for much of what actually happens to her. Did I get all the highlights?

The irony here is that this is one of those situations were the group performing the trial isn't worthy of the person being tried. I am compulsively masochistic about your stories, Ellie. I can't not click, read and howl, time after time. And creek is a tag for this? Some one somewhere must surely be creek kinky or creek phobic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Get an editor

You REALLY need one. This was awful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I enjoyed this chapter and I am eagerly awaiting the next . I am interested to read the next installment to see which direction you will go. Peri is so strong and brave to go on this adventure to prove her love. The men may be mysoginistic as another reviewer has stated, but if you look at their belief system and culture you can try to understand their ways for the duration of this story. As with your other stories- well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
why

If this is so heavy why have the person you love do this? Why not leave them or limit your family? Too late to modify the rules, pitching ideas for an equal system. And you had a book that you're sister wrote of her time doing this bull shit and you didn't read it yet? Really? Clearly the young one is going to be an issue while frano might get to involved with a soon to be married woman. But my biggest gripe is the future talk....not mentioning that their children would have to face this crap too. Why would you be so selfish for love that you would allow your babies to be tested at 18? You try your best to make life better for each generation. Not in this case, you begin your babies precious future as them being a slave. They're monsters everyone of them!

MC47MC47about 8 years ago
liking the direction

definitely liking the direction the story is taking...was surprised and annoyed at the same time ... when they got off the plane and Joseph hit them with the change, if he knew the change why didn't he give them heads up... but Peri must really love Josh if she is still willing to go thru with the trial. i'm intrigued by this story, i have read about these types of families and the training and beliefs. as for putting the children thru the trials, if you look at life, we're all put thru some kind of trial (maybe no as extreme) to prove ourselves to families and our values. can't wait to read the rest of the chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
grrrr

In the beginning I liked the twist and got excited that Peri would get out of the clutches of the old letcher, it's just really icky to be forced to sexually service your future father-in-law, which was reinforced by the super icky comment in the father's mind that he would like her to call him Pappa. This dude forces her to give him a blowjob and then thinks about how she will be one of his children. There is just no excuse for such grossness! You are a talented writer and that's why we react so emotionally to what is just a story, one cannot help but get into it, and that's when one starts questioning the fundamental premises of this lifestyle, and, in the end, there just is no excuse. I am hoping that the new generation will fix this absurdity, but the writer keeps trying to justify it, so I am not holding much hope at this point...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Triggering

I have really been enjoying this story, and part of me still wants to finish it. I love the diverse characters and the detailed world you built. And the sex of course ;) Unfortunately the opening conversation between Josh and his uncle was too much for me. I was raised in a cult and the arguments the uncle uses are exactly like the things my elders used to say in order to manipulate us. I know so many families who sacrificed their money, health, dreams and even each other because they believed the lies.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I guess I come here to read and learn about progressive ideas about sex and relationships, and this just seemed so backwards.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES