All Comments on 'The Twelve Vitali Ch. 01'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
MC47MC47over 6 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks for the next series in the the Twelve Table family ... this will be one I'll be watching for as you develop the characters.

Loved it!!!

MC

leibeleibeover 6 years ago

Wow I'm gripped already and really looking forward to this series

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 6 years ago
Gripping As Always!

Your writing just takes hold of my emotions immediately, & I feel so connected to your characters. The chapters are never long enough to suit me. I'm going to have to go back & reread your Bella series AGAIN until your next chapter is posted. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

I am REALLY enjoying this and can't wait for the next installment! I will have to find some of your other writing to keep me occupied until then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

If the police are involved/have been contacted by her or her brother then the police will be the ones to press charges against him, not a private lawyer. They don't need s lawyer in this situation. Criminal Charges are a police matter because criminal law is the state against the defendant (perpetrator). Just so you know. A private lawyer could be used by them to sue the dude for say the damage to the property or for a civil case against him, but not to have charges pressed against him. They would in this situation be witnesses only in the case because again it's the state against him not them against him. I'm not being pedantic just explaining how it all works here seeing as this legal stuff seems like it's going to feature at least in the next chapter. Anyway looking forward to the next chapter and where this goes.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 6 years ago
Legal Smeggle

To Anon - In Australia where this is set, police cannot prosecute in a civil case if the victim is not willing. The damage to property is a civil case. If she is too scared to cooperate properly with a rape and assault charge that falls under the scope of a domestic - their hands are tied and prosecution in a court would be a non starter.

Her bother states quite clearly that he is filing a civil case - which is made stronger if she is added to the plaintiff list. She has refused to go to a hospital and from what has been written not agreed to or undergone a rape examination.

While a private lawyer is not necessary, to ensure a prosecution on the civil side and the possible later addition of the rape charge and assault, one of pure heart and motive - will definitely be more helpful then a court appointed legal aid lawyer / public defender.

Not everything is a neat TV drama.

As per usual this is a mighty piece of writing.

xelliebabexxelliebabexover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you Rud1Girl, I very much appreciate your words and defense of my writing. As with all fiction, there will always be criticisms I don't mind very much but I do appreciate you and the others who leave me such lovely compliments far better :)

~ellie

tany830tany830over 6 years ago
Enthralled as always

I personally have been through and tried numerous times to leave an abuser. In the US so Anon... you are technically right the police CAN press charges, but, you are also wrong. They don't aways. The first time my ex tried to kill me they took over 2 years to press charges and even after I moved 70 miles away to escape the police and Prosecutor in that case just assumed I wouldn't help and he got 7 charges dropped down to misuse of a telephone and 1 year of probation. The 2nd time they never pursued a criminal case. They also decided not to pursue a case when he stole my vehicle on camera, while on probation, and took it to a junk yard signing his own name on the title release! Things aren't always as simple as call the cops and they save the day. In the real world they don't and can't always help. Thankfully, that is now just a part of my past, but, still a very valid example.

Ellie- I started reading your series in December and haven't put them down yet! I'm in love with all of them! Thank you for my personal escape from everyday! ♡♡♡

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 6 years ago
Details

In chapter 00, Cobi doesn’t know Maryanne. In chapter 1, Vanessa introduces Cat as her cousin. And later, Maryanne just appears as Vanessa’s sister-in-law, but we don’t hear about the wedding. The details are strange.

aisielynnaisielynnabout 5 years ago
Ellienora

At the beginning of 00, Cobi had just met Maryanne. Then it transitioned to Matteo two years in the future... after Cobi and Maryanne had married. Maryanne is Vanessa’s cousin by marriage. Coby and Maryanne’s wedding was detailed more in The Twelve Tables.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES