All Comments on 'The Ultimate Thrill'

by Serafina1210

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Serafina1210Serafina1210about 8 years agoAuthor
Hello, readers!

Thanks for reading all the way to the end of this story. I hope it wasn't too much of a chore. Please consider clicking one of the stars up above or leaving a comment. I'm very interested in your opinion and suggestions!

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 8 years ago
Hmm

Very well written as per your usual high standard and descriptive to a fault.

I wondered how you would actually get round the snuff bit and you did that well.

Well told tale that deserves its high scores.

Serafina1210Serafina1210almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks, masterfuljim

Welcome! I remember you commenting on some of my BDSM stories, and I appreciate your reading here. This story hasn't gotten a whole lot of reads, but those who've struggled through to the end seem to have been reasonably appreciative.

I'm interested in the psychology both of the man who thinks it would be a thrill to kill and the woman who finds herself facing her own certain death. I'm turning it around now, rewriting from her point of view and expanding it to novella or novel length. Wish me luck.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Bravo.

This is one of the most unique and intriguing stories that I have read on the site in a long while. Well written with superb personal dialogue. I am not familiar with this author, but will now seek out and read her (?) other works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
On the edge

This is far and away one of the best short stories I have ever read on this site. In terms of plot, suspense, moral titillation, and pure story telling, it is a true masterpiece. It has, except for certain aspects of the subject matter, the depth and resonance of the classic stories that the Jesuits had us read in high school English class, all those many years ago.

Those stories were always followed in the Reader by discussion questions. I hated them then, since I was the one who had to do the answering. But now, as we consider anthologization, I have to think that their absence constitutes a serious omission. So . . .

1. Would the protagonist really have followed through with the heinous act he envisioned?

2. What is the difference between a story in which an unspeakable act is spoken of but not consummated and a story in which the consummation of an unspeakable act is described in explicit detail?

3. The author's devotional referent, like the heroine of the story, was constrained by her lover to a wooden pallet. But, unlike the protagonist in the story, her lover did follow through. It took him five long, worm-infested years, and left her still a virgin at the end. If it were up to you when they came to claim their heavenly reward, how would you judge the protagonist? the referent's lover? the aw-shucksing author? the jism-sopped reader? the smug commenter?

(Sorry to post anonymously, but my own devotional referent is afraid to be associated with a story like this.)

tangledweedtangledweedover 6 years ago
Pushing it to the edge

I was quite pleasantly surprised at how this story took on a disturbing subject matter and turned it on its head. Sensitive and brutal at the same time, it managed to strike a balance and find redemption for the two protagonists, while still pulling off a somewhat (fingers crossed, right?) happy ending. Nice bit of writing.

tangledweedtangledweedover 6 years ago
Added to favourites

I like authors who can drag me into an area that makes me uncomfortable and make me want to stay to find out how it ends. Serafina, wherever you may be, I hope you are still writing and selfishly hope to get a chance to read your tales again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous