The Virgin Ceremonies Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really? Why not?"

"They didn't think I could handle the responsibility. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian, but now the plan is plain old corporate lawyer."

"Really? Why'd you change your mind?"

"Oh, the park," she said. We crossed the street and entered the park with the trees all around. Most of the foliage was gone now.

Akira asked, "There soon?"

"Five minutes," I said with a thumbs up.

We walked through the curving sidewalks.

"So," I said to Ginny, "a vet?"

"Oh, my parents shot that down. Our family runs a pretty big business, but we're not involved in the medical industry, let alone the animal rescue industry. A lawyer is more useful to the family business. I'll join the corporate law firm with my aunt and my cousin one day."

"Strict family, I guess."

Her eyes fluttered. "The worst. My cousin wanted to be a baker when she was little, loves to make cookies, cupcakes, pies, you name it. You can imagine how well that turned out."

"Not well, I guess."

"My aunt confiscated her recipe book when she was 10 and replaced it with Introduction to Law, 3rd edition."

"Whoa."

"You know how parents are. Don't your parents ever pressure you about going to university?"

"They're very silent on the matter," I said. "They're dead."

"Oh, my God. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said. "I was pretty young. My grandmother raised me. I take care of her now."

"That's nice that you do that."

"Home nursing is a tough job."

"It's a seriously underappreciated job, and the government gives zero F's."

I chuckled. "'F's'?"

"I don't like to curse," she said. "If I curse, I'm really ticked off."

"I'll try not to tick you off," I said.

"Keep making good mocha cappuccinos and you never will," she said, raising her cup. She finished it and tossed the empty cup in a trash bin.

God, I wanted to kiss her again. What if I did? If I just leaned in and kissed those perfect lips of hers. Well, she'd hit me, and I'd deserve it, of course. Damn it. What was I doing?

"Ah, angel!" Akira said behind me. He sped past us, pointing and talking in Japanese to his wife. They both started snapping pictures. He turned back to me. "Arigato gozaimasu!"

"You're welcome," I said, giving him a thumbs up.

Ginny was in a trance as she approached the fountain, staring up at the angel. I approached her slowly, staring at the side of her face.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"It's beautiful. I've been here before."

"Really?" I asked. Had I missed her after all?

"When I was little," she said

"Oh, right," I said. I was an idiot.

"I didn't know its name."

I swallowed. "Well, you could have searched for it online, if you wanted."

She looked at me, and I mean really looked at me. For the first time, she stared into my eyes, her own eyes getting narrower and narrower. She recognized me. I knew it. She did, but then she looked away, blinking. She took a deep breath.

"Yeah." She looked at her watch. "I'd better go. I have class. Thanks for showing me the fountain."

"Yes, of course."

She gave me a somber smile and then started to walk away.

"Wa-wait," I said, taking a step after her.

"Yes?" she said.

"Uh, if you ever want another mocha cappuccino, well, you know where to find me."

She tilted her head. "You know, there's something so familiar about you."

"There is?" I said, feeling breathless. Was this it?

"Yes. I've had this weird feeling all day. I can't put my finger on it. Have we met before?"

"Yes, Ginny, we have," I said, sand in my mouth.

"We have? Where?"

I licked my lips. "I... I... I've worked in a few different coffee places. I think I've seen you around."

"Oh, that must be it," she said with a laugh. "Yeah, of course. Well, if you change cafes, I hope I find you again."

"I hope you find me," I said softly.

"Take care, Brent."

"You too, Ginny."

And that was it. That was my goodbye. I sat on a bench and scratched Max's ears. I was alone again. I had my chance, and I blew it.

12