All Comments on 'The Wanderers'

by AfterDusk

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just wow!

Simply the best, most engaging and well written story I’ve read on Literotica. Can’t wait for the rest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another just WOW

I agree with the other anonymous, hope there is more to come...Love sci-fi/ fantasy realm... Anyhow please continue with the story...

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 5 years ago
Remarkable

Credible, well-written and most enjoyable. Thank you.

sirwoodcuttersirwoodcutterover 5 years ago
Outstanding

Enjoyed every aspect of this story, I would love there to be more to this story.

The Earth described in the story was interesting, the concept of the father and son having lived and regenerated was good, the Alien and abilities were also very interesting. I could read a much longer story about these characters. Well Done, and thank you, I have enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Credible & Consistent World

Vivid imagery.

FYI, horses purse their lips like a straw & suck water up, about a pint per swallow. They can't lap it up like a dog or cat.

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years agoAuthor
Horses

So I misread the anon comment the first time and imagined a horse using a straw lol! Thank you for pointing that out, I'll get it corrected.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterover 5 years ago
Refreshingly original

Excellent initial world building. Can't wait to see which way you go with it!

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 5 years ago
Great Western

I can't get enough of Western stories. To me, the genre easily fits into the Sci-Fi category, as evidenced by the very excellent story "A World For The Taking" by Ripperfish.

Isolation and struggles for survival by hardy pioneers, battles against 'savage natives', romance and yes, the rescue by the Cavalry, can all occur on a different planet from Earth. And the hero doesn't necessarily have to be a Human!

I wish more talented writers would stretch out into that arena, as AfterDusk has done here so very well.

Great story, most enjoyable!

crevecoeurcrevecoeurover 5 years ago
Just my style!

I really loved this story, It would be nice if you could add more chapters. Thanks for the story. Larry in Kansas

c50chrisc50chrisover 5 years ago
Wonderful!

Any possible way for more? Unique concept, written quite well.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Strange things happen at dusk.........

I just love Westerns and this one is my favorite for many reasons🤠. Seems like it happened right out back of my ranch in the desert. No:) my horses weren’t named Judge and Jury lol but those are great. I just love the wide open vistas and you did a great job capturing that feeling. The science fiction tie in was so unique. That’s incredibly hard because of the volume of work out there but you really made this story special. I’ll always cherish it as something unique yet familiar. I could see myself and my son playing the parts lol. Please make a long story out of this gem:)

All your stories are fantastic but this beginning is special.❤️ It:)) As always thank you for writing for all of us! Dusky Girl:))

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 5 years ago
Thanks for this, AD

I thoroughly enjoyed this "Western." More adventures with these three characters would be greatly appreciated.

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshabout 5 years ago
Amazing

What an amazing read to find! I can dream of their being a chapter or few more. The plan to break out the captive wanderers.... And is that just one govt facility?

And how do you regain space travel when the hoomanz blew the ship up, and society is apocalypse like?

Truly thankful for the post. Hope to see more.

yukonnightsyukonnightsalmost 5 years ago
Loved This

This is truly unique and well done. While wildly fantastic, it was easy to believe and get sucked into. You really made me care about the characters, and even though I kept telling myself; "The father will go with his son..." I was never certain of it until the end. That, in my opinion, is true gifted talent. If I were clever enough to have conceived this story, I'm sure I would have telegraphed the ending so loudly there would be no reason to finish it ! This should be made into a movie. Thanks for sharing your gift with us here.

txslmmrtxslmmralmost 5 years ago
What an amazing Post Apocalyptic Yarn

I came to read this story after completing 'The Healer', Chapter 13, which by the way is an excellent read.

There is surely much more to read in the tale of Vega and the Two Aldrich's. More tales of the adventure to New Washington, more time with our 3 main characters and the other 12 bonded Wanderers and how they escape from captivity, etc.

Then the Post Terran Trips would constitute a complete series in itself.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all that I have read from your pen so far and want to thank you for the time you take to create these worlds and for sharing them with us.

Tex

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Damn good one. An imaginative concept.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Great story

Really well done Sci-fi story. Keep up good writing.

AfterDuskAfterDuskalmost 4 years agoAuthor
❤️

Thank you everyone! I imagined up this universe on a whim after a beautiful visual from a western movie and within a few months I had this story written as a birthday present for a dear friend of mine. It always amazes me that what is supposed to be a simple short story refuses to end; their journey is far from over.

heydog52heydog52almost 3 years ago
Wow

Just fucking WOW.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

I don't read much science fiction but this one caught my attention. Glad I read it. Really great story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excelente!

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, sadly we would 100% try and shoot any visitors, and unless we develop more as a civilisation we’re doomed to repeat previous mistakes. The best stories always make us think and challenge our beliefs and views, this is one of them. Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker10 months ago

10💯👍😁🤷👋

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAfterDusk@AfterDusk
I write things. Sometimes I share them here, but maybe only less than 20%. Yes, I know I have a few unfinished stories...and I will finish them all, eventually. I appreciate the time you take to read my musings; please vote and leave a constructive comment. As the saying...