All Comments on 'The Woodworker's Wife'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 303 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THE HARDEST FIGHT AND THE WORST OPPONENT

is Yourself, and how to survive the contest. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Paul Needs to Know

Fuck that, be a friend and tell Paul. Let him make his own decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well the question is, how much does she really love him if it came that close

only a fool chances their marriage and love, this woman was really a light headed idiot

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
so he is protecting a woman

Who threw his wife to a wolf. Linda only warned him because he asked she didn't seek him or Zoe out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excruciatingly beautiful tale

This is one of the finest stories I've read on this site. You hauntingly portrayed Dave's angst, Zoe's naïveté and Marcus' callous seduction to a tee. Bravo.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
A good story...but...

A good story...but his view was a selfish one, and friends mustn't be selfish or they aren't true friends...I agree with most of the comments: 1st - Linda was the one to put his wife in front of a predator. She knew he was one, because she had fell for him and cheated her husband; 2nd - Sure she warned him, but she should have warned her friend too...3rd - He should have warned the friend about the cheating...That's what friends are for...Or at least give a time to Linda come clean with her husband...If she didn't confess her cheating, he would then tell him...4th - This predator should have been punished...He and his friend would take care of that...so just barely 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story

The back and forth about what to do and how to do it was interesting. I can see the conflict between a wife being head strong and a husband trying to not push too hard on something he had no real proof of. Yes he had Linda's confession but that was about her and a good warning to him but no proof of his wife straying.

Artists are also a mix of confidence bad insecurities that the cur worked on.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So well written

I have no read your work before but will. It takes a special writer to be so patient in developing his work. There was no sense that any part of the story arc was rushed or handled diffidently, as happens too often as folks rush to reach plot points, to get to the juicy bits, or just to finish. Thank you for this piece.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 9 years ago
A trio of clicks sounded upon the conclusion of this story.

The first hit was favorite story , then fav author followed by five stars. A stomach twister of a read with vicarious emotional involvement induced by Andyhm's considerable skill. So, so, so glad I wasn't consuming Danish and coffee in tandem with the read. Begging for a sequel where the lothario gets his long overdue comeuppance.

VanadornVanadornalmost 9 years ago

Terrific tale. Thank you for writing and submitting. 5 of course

-V

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Great story

I agree with everyone about Linda. She threw her friend to the wolves to protect her own life from the mistake that she made. She wouldn't have told him anything if he didn't seek her out. She is not someone I would have been worrying about protecting. I don't know if I would have told her husband, but I would have definitely broke my promise to keep it from my wife.

I hate to be cynical, but I was disappointed in the wife also. I know that she was worked on by a manipulative player, but she made it easy. The fact that she was even considering disappointing their daughter to finish this painting was absurd. Marcus inserting himself between her and the husband is one thing. But to be able to get her to consider disappointing their daughter is another thing. For me, that would have been a red flag. My trust in her would have definitely taken a nose dive after that.

Still, in the end she came to her senses. But in my mind she is still vulnerable to attack again. She was too willing to be led to the slaughter house and she doesn't have a clue as to why. Being a charming seducer only works with someone who can be seduced. He doesn't have magical powers. He uses words and techniques that exploit weaknesses in the woman. She was saved from her weaknesses this time, but they are still there. Until she comes face to face with them, she will be vulnerable.

Gomez333Gomez333almost 9 years ago
Really enjoyed the story

Nice to read something by an author new to this genre, that builds nicely and kept me on the edge of my seat. 1 minor irritation. Like most other commentators the interaction with Linda didn't ring true. First of all I'd have been as mad as hell that she'd set her friend/his wife up with this prick. Later as things looked bad I'd have given her an ultimatum, tell Zoe or I'll tell Paul.

Finally, taking Geraldine on as his legal representative was never mentioned again. Was that a red herring or a string to be pulled at in the future.

Anyway thanks to the author, I'll be reading some of his other stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hall of Fame

Just excellent, Andyhm. Extremely well written, the couple sketched beautifully, the tension built skillfully. This is one of the best crafted stories I've read here.

I hope you won't mind a small nitpick with respect to your use of "discrete" on page 3: "I was going to have to have another discrete talk with Linda."

"Discrete" means separate, individual, distinct. "Discreet" means cautious, quiet, private or secret, as in "to have a discreet word with someone".

A miniscule detail, that, but what a terrific story this is. Definitely worthy of the Hall of Fame. You're a very talented writer, and I'll take the time to read more of your work. :)

cornballcornballalmost 9 years ago
great story

You showed so much detail in this story that it was brought to life. Dave showed more patience than I could see myself having. Very nice and thank you for writing. 5+++++ from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very good, but. ..

A quick chat between Linda and Zoe could have greatly shortened it. Did a miss the reason why she was willing to talk to Dave, but not Zoe? And if there was why not give Dave the name of the couple that were getting divorced?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Doesn't Get Much Better

An engaging tale, delightful read!

A few quibbles which were already mentioned by others. Not sure how the Linda-Talk-With-Sweetie option could have been addressed in a plausible fashion. The Judge contract was an easily omitted Red Herring. Suspect it was a trail in the original story-board that was not travelled, but then not scrubbed!

5* because 6 is not an option!

seekerazseekerazalmost 9 years ago
Dave should have put his foot done from the start

Zoe was willing to throw her family away for the lout. Had Dave stood up, unlike the Brit that he is, it could have been stopped, dead in it's tracks. It may be that only in Britain where marriage vows are only a "serving suggestion" that the husband has to "win" his wife back. If that's the case it's a pretty fucked up marriage.

When married, a certain amount of each partner's autonomy goes out the window for the sake of the union. It's obvious that Zoe would have dumped it all for hers and her little bit on the side. When the daughter is out of the house I have no doubt that Zoe will shit all over Dave and he will let it happen.... because he is a spineless Brit and Zoe is a latent roundheels looking to express herself.

No little wood carving can cure that.

The writing, as with most of our British contributors is top drawer and aroused deep emotions in me, as the foregoing must demonstration. Too bad the British seem to have no concept of constancy and commitment in marriage or in business.

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago

Great but slightly flawed story. Hubby's keeping his promise to Linda was just to unbelievable considering he practically went as far as to tell his wife they were done if she skipped the holiday. Keeping Linda's promise compared to issuing such a final warning is just to far out there. Linda had also zero reason for keeping her secret from Zoe.

Zoe while not an awful person was not very likable either and didn't come across as worthy of the effort her husband put into keeping their marriage together. She disrespected her husband, family and marriage time and time again, allowed another man to kiss her, carried on flirting with a man her husband hated, picked said man over her family each and every time and worst of all, never owned up to what she had done. She had much to confess imho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good

in a nice way. to bad that our woody man doesn't know how a Smartphone works. he could have recorded and or filmed for instance the conversation with Sylvia and then he could have played it right there. I wonder if at least this and maybe Publishing his uglyness to the world would cost him dearly in certain upper-class circles.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
not bad, but for one weakness

You did a good job of laying out the process of the seduction, and how Zoe fell into it.

What you did not do, to make it a well rounded story, is to give a rationale for why she did. As written, she comes across as a weak-willed person who can be easily manipulated. However much a charmer/manipulator Marcus is, such people cannot manipulate just anyone.

Here's a set of quotes from the story, pieces of the seduction process, points where I asked myself what kind of person Zoe really is:

p. 3

Zoe:

"Geraldine thinks Marcus is trying to seduce me. I told her she's being silly, he was just being pleasant."

From the word go she's rationalizing Marcus' behavior. Where's her street smarts, whatever it is that had her make modeling rules with Dave? Where's the sensible caution?

Linda:

"He ticked all my boxes and before I knew it I was in bed with him. He made me question my love for Paul and for that I will never forgive him."

Same story for Linda. What kind of person allows this to happen? To allow a stranger talk them out of love and trust for their own husband? Are they insecure? Do they lack self-confidence?

p.4 Zoe:

"Not totally, but he was so sweet when he asked I couldn't say no."

Again, in denial, making rationalizations for what Marcus is doing. Why is she doing this?

p.5 finding emails

Dave: Shit, what was she thinking about, she was lapping up the garbage he was feeding her.

Indeed! Good questions from Dave. What is it about her character that allows this?

"A little bit of playful flirting maybe, that's all."

More denial. Why'd she flirt at all? What does it say about her personality?

p.6

He was a master at manipulating the situation.

Or is she so easy at being manipulated? Why? Personally, I'm not sure how I'd react to a woman who so blatantly is in denial.

p.7

Dave: If Marcus could manipulate her then maybe I could do the same.

Is that what Zoe is reduced to? Someone who is manipulated by others?

It doesn't instill a sense of confidence and trust in her character.

I think you've done a good job making a portrait of both seduction and of the sort of personality that is susceptible to it.

Trouble is, you end up with a not very flattering portrait of Zoe. Obviously, you wanted a happy ending, where she comes to her senses. Oddly enough, the happy ending almost doesn't fit the character you sketched.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Extremely well done.

Yes, there ARE men who are capable of seducing most married women as well as women who are capable of wrecking the marriages of most women. It was refreshing to read a story wherein the mischief is thwarted. Indeed, this was one of the best things I've seen on Literotica in many years.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 9 years ago
Fun read

Loved the development and the ending was well done. Thanks

jezzazjezzazalmost 9 years ago
Pretty damn good.

No question. A maturity in the writing style, and the content, which is all too infrequent on Literotica.

I agree that Linda was slightly too easily passed off. Dave - any man - would have been justifiably pissed off at his wife being thrown to this guy to allow her to escape from his clutches. Having more lunches with a woman who's done that - knowingly - doesn't really ring that true, but stranger things have happened.

I agree with others that the Zoe character does come off a bit...well, simple. I know the narrative demands it, otherwise there would be no tension or plot. The fact that she cannot see what is happening is not a problem; lots of women are unsuspecting, just as lots of men are. We don't often see the wolf in sheeps clothing for what it is.

But when you are warned, explicitly, by someone who loves you, well, you DO take a second look at whatever that person is doing. That Zoe would not do so, when her husband, who she purports (and demonstrates, at least physically) to love so much, is directly warning her about... well, it again, doesn't ring quite true to the character as it's made out to be.

But then that's part of the point of the story, I guess - that we all have blind spots and can't see some of what is being done to us till it's already done.

Either way, this is really good stuff. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Write more and often.

When he saw her in the studio getting stroked I would have conducted reconstructive surgery on the bastard. Including making a eunuch out of the Arsehole.

MCPO Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great 5

But, why did Dave not 1) show her how he was causing her to turn against her own husband and become a liar by telling her the location of the wet paint from Wednesday and 2) by making her admit as to why he had complained of a draft? Then, of course, there would have been no more story because he would have had good cause to beat Marcus.

Great trick for sure in making the reason for continued attentions being due to the aspect of advancing her business goals, also. (I know, no sentence - so I'm not a writer).

Also, she damned well would have listened to what M said to S had she been my wife. That would have precluded any excuses she might later have had Zoe been screwed.

Any man who would keep his vow to a cheater which would possibly result in the loss of his daughters family deserves none.

Now, where the F would we be had not Zoe, buy providence alone, not returned at the magic moment of revelation?

Hmmm.

SKHPSKHPalmost 9 years ago
One of the best

More of this, please!

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 9 years ago
Very good story

Well written and with a happy ending.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 9 years ago
I LOVED THIS STORY!

Did I say it loudly enough?

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

5 stars Excellent story, You brought the reader into believing it could happen and in the end you made the reader happy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting and well written story - but why was the wife so gullible as to not recognize the seduction attempt?

Feel sad for the other husband who is unknowingly just another cuckold. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
Why was the wife so gullible? She wasn't

She loved the attention and was in major denial. And as far as I could tell she never really felt remorse about turning her back on her husband in favor of her ego stroking suitor. It will happen again.

Zoe felt remorse for almost losing her lifestyle and self image. Just because she didn't sleep with Marcus doesn't mean that she didn't betray Dave and their daughter. I don't understand those who think that they dodged a bullet. The damage has been done, the lies told, and the priorities changed.

Dave should own some of this. His marriage was certainly more important than Linda and he risked it all for a "stiff upper lip" without regard to his daughter's well being. I'm not sure he was all that committed either.

Yes the story required tension to be resolved. In the final analysis no tension was resolved, just swept under the rug.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I loved your story . But Marcus walk away to easily!

You are one of the top writers , I would love to see more of your writing in loving wives. Im sorry you did not get Marcus to pay for trying to seduce your wife. He is the pied piper to women , he charms them takes them and spits them out. Destroys families and marriages and no one takes him down a couple of pegs. Me ,I would have his nuts shoved up so deep he could never seduce another women again. Dave had to work to hard to keep his wife in check.the man was a sexual predator with all the right charm to take his prey.

hebert100hebert100almost 9 years ago
loved it

i really loved this story. you did a masterful job of developing the characters and weaving the plot around them. please write again.

AndyhmAndyhmalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Should I write a sequel?

My goal from the start was to write this from Dave's point of view. The fact that he could only guess and surmise what Zoe was thinking and doing was central to the story.

But it was always in my mind to write a sequel / companion piece from Zoe's point of view and extend the timeline to include what happens to Marcus

Tell me what you think

Andyhm

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
A Sequel?

I think so. The way you've developed Marcus' character he would not take the rejection lying down. Possibly try again ?

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago
Sequel not needed

The problem with stories that cover the spouses point of view in stories such as this, is that so much of the original story tends to get repeated , that the sequel/continuation is just boring to read and adds nothing of value to the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A strong plot, but weak characters, except for Marcus. Is he the British bully figure?

I'm always amazed when British husbands are shown as timid, indecisive, and non-confrontational. What's the point of being a gentleman when a predator is pawing at your wife? So it is a culture clash when the husband fails to corner the predator and make it perfectly clear that he will kill the predator if necessary to protect his family. But I guess the British bully knows his victim and his adversary too well, and knows any physical threat is all bluff. The wife was succumbing to the seduction, the husband was too weak in his counter measures, and the story ended well due mainly to luck.

No sequel involving the predator is warranted, unless you want to really humiliate the husband by showing that the predator has absolutely no fear or concern regarding the husband. What a short sequel might examine is how the predator got as close as he did, when the wife was forewarned. And what that implies for the future of the marriage. Yes, the husband was timid, but the wife was proud and stupid. She needs to come completely clean, revealing all that was texted, all that was said, and all that was done. Until she admits to the Wednesday nudity and the kiss, then to the text of Marcus telling her that he loves her, she is withholding respect and contrition from her husband, and hiding her own guilt and complicity in the seduction. The husband should not trust this woman until she makes a complete and total confession, acknowledging how close she came to falling.

Thank You for a very compelling, if not very satisfying, story.

movermoveralmost 9 years ago
Nooooo!

This is an excellent story. A sequel would not interest me. Leave it to our imagination.

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
beautifully written

I think it stands alone, leave them as they are and move onto your next couple. The temptation is always to fall in love with your own characters but sometimes when you have told the story you have to let go. Nicely done and no, I disagree that the characters are under developed, it is better to leave room for the readers to form their own images. Thanks for the best read on the site for some weeks.

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
Please, no more Zoe.

I'm not interested in her or her point of view. She make it quite obvious is this tale and there really is no justification for her attitude towards Dave and their daughter.

Of course others will disagree and you should do what you want but I won't read Zoe's take. She's just going to do her own thing anyway. Why is is that Britons take vows and commitments so lightly and look for a toss in the hay with anyone they meet?

The British class system pretty much makes Marcus bulletproof. I wish i could understand the need to submit to the lowest bullies and entitlement wretches on the face of the planet but it seems to be the British way. A reality in British life and probably can't be changed. It's not a very admirable quality for a people to knuckle down to inherited power, wealth, and prestige, at least in my opinion.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 9 years ago
No

The story does not need a sequel. But it's your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Re: a Sequel

I think a related story could work, but I agree with those who say that the story told from the wife's perspective would be less powerful. My personal desire, if you do love these characters, would be to take the story around page five, and then make her give in. Then write a repercussions story.

But you're a great writer and I'll read whatever you follow up with. Write whatever makes you happy!

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Have to agree with the others about a sequel

I didn't find Zoe likeable enough to want to read about her again. I don't think I would want to sit and read about this scenario again from her point of view unless you would throw a twist in there that was not known in the original. A twist like he was an ex from her past, or she really did sleep with him without the husband's knowledge. Other than that, wouldn't care much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3*s

Good premise. Okay plotting. The dialogue was very good at expressing the emotional development of your characters. Even when I didn't understand some of the english, lol. I did not understand why Linda didn't speak to Zoe directly. Then swear her to secrecy. Woman to woman makes more sense but it would damage your plot.

Gave you 3*s. Looking forward to the next story.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sequel? Or parallel story?

A literal sequel would be a continuation or a new chapter. You mean same story but from Zoe's point of view?

This would be very hard to do. You've rather boxed yourself in with this story. As most have noted, Zoe comes across as a weak and indecisive character. Two scenes stuck in my mind: her moment of doubt at the dinner, and her struggle regarding the holiday with family. Why should there have been any doubt in her mind? The story's resolution is something that could have happened at the very first meeting with Marcus .. but then there wouldn't have been a story. Thus: the story needs a flaw/dilemma to resolve.

The story's motor is of two parts: (i) male fear that he'll lose partner to more appealing male and (ii) Marcus the more appealing male. Zoe is presented as helpless victim, yet she's in endless denial, she lies (eg about meetings, emails), breaks all sorts of rules she has with Dave (giving out private numbers), etc.

Motor (i) doesn't count for much because it seems to be author's motive, not Dave's.

On to (ii) We already know a lot about what's going on in Zoe's mind, and none of it is pretty. A story from her POV would have to be with author's knowledge of what makes such an insecure (?) person tick. Zoe's flow of consciousness would lack self-awareness, in the absence of any other dilemma. I can't see any way in which she could rationalize her choices except by doing what she already does in the story already written.

The plot dilemma, the story's motor, is that the Zoe-Dave relationship lacks any tension that might have been the seed for Zoe to have doubts, confront a choice, then choose Dave. So there's no explanation for her behavior except a personality flaw. IF the story had been written with some tension in the Zoe-Dave relationship, then her POV would have substance.

Conclusion: while I enjoy multiple POV stories, it is very difficult for me to imagine how a Zoe POV would work.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 9 years ago
Respect and friendship

Apparently neither Dave nor Zoe respects Paul. Linda is a tramp plain and simple her actions were to keep her meal ticket from finding out what a whore she was. Dave protecting her makes no sense at all. Is Paul a friend? If he is, he needs to find better friends. Zoe was a weak female character. If a guy is interested in a woman she knows. Even brain dead women know. That make for a weak plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Zoe was a dimwitted cunt

In the real world, Dave would have gotten a lawyer, sued for full custody, and told Zoe to fuck off and never come back.

Then once she got it through her dimwitted skull that all Marcus wanted was a roll in the hay, oh well bitch, too fuckin bad your burned your bridges. Sucks to be you.

ejwildmanejwildmanalmost 9 years ago
Sequel / prequel

Linda's story would be far more interesting than Zoe's.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 9 years ago
Very fine story!

The best in a while. It probably happens this way more often than we think. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A sequel might explore how Dave and Zoe respond to Marcus' attack on their marriage, and the rehabilitation of Linda.

As it ends, Dave and Zoe have averted a seduction by Marcus, for now. But the story leaves several questions or issues unresolved: 1) How was Marcus able to seduce Zoe to the extent he did? She lied to Dave, withheld incriminating events and details, and, without Dave's intervention, she would have ended up fucking Marcus. How will Dave and Zoe resolve this weakness in their marriage? 2) Dave and Zoe might be spared, but they have allowed Marcus to escape, free to destroy other marriages and relationships. When you have discovered a poison snake in your yard, it is immoral to simply chase the snake into your neighbor's yard, or to even throw it into someone else's yard. Dave and Zoe owe it to their community to prevent or deter Marcus from future seductions. Bullies continue until they suffer consequences. A predator is not deterred by the few victims that got away. 3) Marcus is proud and boastful of his seduction of Linda, and eventually Paul will find out. Zoe and Dave owe Linda some gratitude and help.

And that could be the basis of a sequel, how Dave and Zoe rehabilitate their own marriage, call Marcus to account in a way that thwarts future seductions, and how Dave and Zoe assist Linda to regain her self-respect and her marriage. And there are so many possibilities how to structure that plot, that I will offer just a few options: 1) Dave and Zoe go to counseling where Zoe confesses all the details and owns her inadequacies and character flaws. How that affects their marriage is open. 2) Zoe and Dave hatch a plot to seduce Paul! As Paul succumbs to Zoe's seduction Paul comes to understand the thrill and temptation, and his own personal weakness. Of course, when the seduction is about to be consummated, Dave and Linda enter the scene and Linda's previous seduction by Marcus is revealed. How that affects Paul and Linda'a marriage is open. 3) Dave and Paul unite to deal with Marcus. It could be a simple as allowing Linda to lure Marcus back into her bedroom, with video and audio recording of course, and with Linda's questioning, have Marcus reveal what a scumbag he is, and confess to his many previous seductions and destroyed marriages. How that confession is used, and how Marcus is dealt with physically, is open.

A very well written and thought provoking story. Thank you.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Disagree

I have to disagree with the last commenter about finding out the reason why she almost fell in a sequel. It seems that the reasons were pretty well explored in this story. I can't see a sequel painting her in a better picture. Her weak denials speak to someone who is either cosmically stupid or an insecure girl who really wanted to be seduced. I think the author may have mistakenly made her too weak minded to garner any sympathy because no one will be able to relate to her rationalizations. Maybe if the marriage were more unsteady it would be plausible. The only reasons that she would be able to offer will be very weak and selfish, which will make her all the more unlikeable. A sequel will only hurt this storyline. This story is in the hall of fame, but a sequel won't even break 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic Story

Great story. You kept the reader wondering if Zoe would fail like her friend or if she would survive. Marcus is a slime bucket, I guess they would have called him a cad in the old days. There are guys like him who want the chase and don't care what destruction they leave in their wake. Men use logic and women are emotionally driven so he finally used the most emotional tool available, his work and that did the trick.

green117green117almost 9 years ago
Re follow on story -

odd that you should ask the commentariat about continuing/paralleling this story - if the story is in you, you should write it.

There seems to me to be some stuff left to be said, but that is just me.

And speaking of the commentariat:

The ongoing slanders against the British are rude and reflect poorly on those making them. Seriously guys - you don't know what you are talking about.

Fer one - the society isn't homogeneous, and in some quarters you are more likely to have your ass handed back to you in pieces than in most places in, say, the US. Search on skin heads/soccer hooligans, and imagine what these guys would do to you if you gave them reason to, rather than just beating you up for fun.

If you were to comment on septic class differentiation, perhaps you might be getting somewhere, but then you'd actually have to know something, n'est ce pas? Leave the British alone.

Green-something

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
For me..

It could have done without the sex. O

therwise good story 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No sequel please

You wrote a wonderful story that took us on an emotional roller coaster to a satisfying ending. I think that you have exhausted our emotions for David and Zoe in this story, and an attempt to generate more will seem contrived. I'd encourage you to use your imagination and talent to write another Loving Wives story about others in precarious situations.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years ago
Hi!

I gave you a five.

There are men like Marcus, sexual predators who prey on married women. I thought Dave was a little too aggressive in the defense of his marriage. I don't know how I would have handled it though.

I thought it was well written, and I liked the theme.

You keep writing and I'll keep reading, but please no happy cuckolds.

Tittyluver69Tittyluver69almost 9 years ago
Good Story

Not sure what you would accomplish by writing her side, I don't see what would be added to the plot. Continue writing this was a well developed story with the right amount tension and angst. 5 all around

greowulfgreowulfalmost 9 years ago
No Sequel

This I'd one of the best stories I've read in this category. We got enough of her POV from Dave's observations and the text log. Much more would just diminish the impact of THIS story. And really, who the fuck cares what happens to Marcus?

Happyman456Happyman456almost 9 years ago
A "5" Story...

I like your style of writing and how you manipulated the reader's emotions... Thanks, I plan to read some of your other stories too. Keep up the good writing...I doesn't have to be all about sex sessions, as you proved.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 9 years ago
Stunning story

I can't see a flaw I'm it. Dialog and characters superbly drawn. Wish I could write as well.

Chillry

dozendozenalmost 9 years ago
Wow

I've loved all your other stories here on Literotica (I keep checking for a new one) but this was special. The way that you maintained the tension right up to the last page was masterful.

I would hate to be in Dave's shoes.

Thank you.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 9 years ago
When I read a story like this my only regret...

is that I can't give it more than 5 stars. This was superbly written with a great plot. Congratulations on a job very well done!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
A story filled with marginal and unlikable characters

Linda could have kept her secret from Paul and still warned Zoe. (If she wants to salvage her marriage, she needs to be in counseling.)

Once Dave knew about the text messaging and private phone calls he should have become much more proactive

Marcus was, and still is, a predator. Do any of us think he will take it standing up? Hell no, for him the challenge is on and there is no backing down. The woodworker has to be put in his place.

But

The worst player in the saga was Lydia. To her it is all an amusing game. Laughing and encouraging Marcus as if real people and families weren't being destroyed.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 9 years ago
Good read!

For all the love Zoe professed, it didn't take her long to slip into deception, lies and cheating. David is truly blessed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Probably the best story I've read on here, it's a very real situation that happens all the time. I wish all could end on a positive note but the reality is that most partners wouldn't find out until it was to late. I know hubby threw him out that day but when her hand brushed threw his hair and his hand on her thigh it would have been game over knowing what his true intentions were. The only change for me would of been telling her what I overheard and that I knew they kissed and that I read all the texting back and forth. She finally knew his real intentions so it couldn't hurt , what would she say that he didn't trust her which could get the response of no you were being sneaky. The hidden kiss might of been enough for me to smash him or the leg touch but your story was better for the build up of the loving couple but there was some deceit that should've been addressed in the end. Happy the good guys won and they live happily ever after with a very close call. I feel bad for the friend because he'll never know that that scumbag fucked his wife and held it and her job over her head. I regret that he goes on to find a new victim whose life he might ruin , it really should come out so all know even in divorce the friend could get some satisfaction out of beating his ass also maybe suing the company .also hope he doesn't forget to tell the friend that he's telling people that he fucked her in her husbands bed.

JusttooldJusttooldalmost 9 years ago
good

Great story. 5 stars and more. I just love the hero putting up a good fight for what he believes in. This story was a very well thought out work that had me hooked so much I couldn't stop reading it. Keep them coming.

dbz50172dbz50172almost 9 years ago
Unbelievably great

This is one of the best stories I have read. You should write a second part written from Zoe's point of view.

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
"I thought Dave was a little too aggressive in the defense of his marriage."

Huh? If anything he was not direct enough in my opinion. It seemed that he was concerned but too weak to stand up and speak directly to her early on. Her attitudes didn't really change from the first attraction to Marcus to her willingness to give up time with the family trip to spend it with her desired paramour. She wanted Marcus all along. Dave could have saved everyone some grief by issuing the ultimatum earlier. If Zoe left, no great loss. Zoe did not come to her senses, but was forced to change her mind.

So why was he too aggressive. To be an less aggressive he would have indeed been a "happy cuckold"

It is not enlightened, evolved, or edifying to allow one's partner to find her own way at the expense of the marriage and family. That is just giving her enough rope to hang herself and that end is far worse than being forcefully confronted at the beginning of the transgression. Make no mistake Zoe had already transgressed and will do so again if the fundamental issues are not addressed and resolved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

I really enjoyed this tale. I would not want a sequel involving Dave and Zoe. She probably would fail him this time. Rather, I would like a story where Marcus picks on the wrong couple who wind up destroying him, be it physically, emotionally and/or socially. I leave the details to you.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 9 years ago
I Agree w/Anon

A Story focusing on Marcus getting caught and Ruined and forcing his Firing from his Entitled job. would be an interesting Read. The Painting could be included if it was a Court Room story and gather Press for the Artist.

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 9 years ago
Great Story

Superb theme and plot, excellent characters and overall great conclusion.

I thought some of the storyline was weak. For instance why couldn't Dave have his lawyer make an appointment Marcus for the time frame he was supposedly out. Second I'd have been rather direct with Marcus and his intent and spelled out consequences. But the telling flowed well and made for fun reading.

Thank you and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A very good read

I notice all of your submissions are highly rated, excellent, I guess that my next few weeks reading has been chosen by default.

Thank you for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WOMEN!

I haven't read the complete story yet but I am already turned off hearing Linda use the universal excuse women use...." He's like a drug, I couldn't help myself!" Why not just tell the truth...."My cunt was wet, I'm a fucking slut and I WANTED to fuck him! Over the years I've lost SO much respect for women in general and SLUTS in particular. STOP the fucking excuses, be truthful, admit you're a whore.! At least you

will be honest! FUCK!

crock45crock45almost 9 years ago
Faithful, really?

It's encumbent on either spouse to watch their own behavior. Dave (and neither you nor I) should have to stoop to trickery to keep the other spouse faithful. If that's the case, then the whole concept of marriage is a joke! And the three wives who were charmed out of their panties should suffer the fires of hell for what they did with dickhead!

crock45crock45almost 9 years ago
ZOE THE SLUT

When Zoe told Dave to let's go make love, after talking about her actions with Marcus, she was doing what ALL whores do..... using sex to manipulate the male. At this point, even tho I despise Zoe's whoredom, Dave should force her to cancel forever the painting to show her that he isn't a wimp. I know that being the whore she is that she will go behind his back but at least he will have asserted himself and be prepared for what should be the upcoming divorce (unless Dave caves and wimps out.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well written, hated how thick Zoe seemed to be.....

....and how duplicitous others seemed to be.

Hated the story, but gave you 5* on presentation and clarity. I often scratch at writers for not policing their work better, not minding the technical details. Your work suffered from that, so I'd suggest you put more editorial effort into next time.

Here's my problem.....the story was very frustrating, because, as is too often the case, when hubby heats up and becomes insistent, wifey rejects his concerns out of hand. Her demeanor changed rather abruptly, but the carvings were what brought it out of her, not anything hubby said or did. She was already to fall into Marcus' bed and had already been very personally affectionate with him.

Close friends had warned him, but not her. What's up with that? One of her supposed best friends had confided her adultery to hubby, but not Zoe...and hubby promises not to reveal it to anyone????....not even Zoe?? That's just plain wrong!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Well written and couldn't stop reading until I was finished. Zoe loved the attention even after she was warned and Dave needed to stop it long before he did.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 9 years ago
Compelling Read....

For a change a story on a true loving wife and not a selfish wife intent on cuckolding her husband, and neither a BTB story.

A well written story with emotion and feeling. Some what frustrating characters in the story though. Husband gets upset with his wife she rejects him and tells him off for being silly and jealous. This is a rather good blame deflection technique to avoid confronting the issue at hand, ie Marcus.

The other frustrating issue was Zoe's friend Linda who confided in her best friends husband and not her friend. In reality this is odd as they are thick as thieves with their friendship. Also Linda had sacrificed Zoe for her own marriage which could be wrecked any time in the future by Marcus. Surely Marcus character would have leaned on Linda for info or get her to talk to Zoe about setting up a situation for him to use his charm to bed Zoe. After all he also had use of the Patterson's, his long term friend Lydia to arrange situations for him and Zoe.

It would have been interesting if Lydia was Bi and wanted Zoe as well !

In the story Zoe and Marcus were already familiar and affectionate towards one another and part of the story was omitted by the author. It would have been good to read how Marcus bridged that gap !

I feel the story needed a little more edge and desperation by the couple and even some soft sexual contact between Marcus and Zoe. As this would have made the husband's character come to life in order to stop and win his wife back.

Also there seem to be not guilt or remorse for what the wife had done.

Lastly when the wife came onto the husband and dinner date at the restaurant the husband never conteplated his wife could be wet because of being in the company of Marcus.

In all a very well written story and I hope the author submits more stories to Loving Wifes section.

Reindeer58Reindeer58almost 9 years ago
Define Dave's weakness in a prequel/or sequel

Well written, not so well executed. Why depict Dave as such a weak person that he cannot/will not confront Zoe on all her lies when he knows the truth? The marriage has got to be weak, good sexually for the most part, but why is Zoe so pliable? When she scheduled Marcus for the break would have been the time to tell of the Linda betrayal. The intended consequences of her falling into the vacation plan/seduction were pretty clear, but she wasn't concerned enough to call Marcus in the presence of Dave. When she kissed him, she betrayed Dave, it was only a matter of time to get in bed with him, not if but when. Marcus knew this when he laid out the plans for the London visit to Dave. He was counting on just overpowering the weakling. Again an entertaining if not a completely satisfying read, I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Amazing story. I HATE these types of stories when a slick operator sets sight on an innocent wife and the husband is nearly powerless to confront the attack because the trusting wife can't see the nefarious intent. Even knowing that the husband ultimately prevailed, I was shaking all the way through the story. Very well crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A well written story

that I enjoyed. Despite my opinion that the wife was not worth the effort it took to keep her, it's a tribute to your writing that I kept reading right till the end. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good job

Great read. I really can't figure some of the other comments that define Dave as weak. Seemed to me he was firm and committed.

Now I will admit Rambo would've skinned the slimy bastard and hung the skin on his porch but Dave came across as a more believable chap. Not to mention Rambo would've ended up in jail!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you!

Absolutely wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very well written but way too many flaws in the story.

- He could have easily persuaded Linda to tell Zoe if he explained that Marcus was closing in on her, so why didn't he?

- He should have revealed the texts to Zoe, not only for the inappropriate comments they both made but the numbers of them, which contradicted her statements to him.

- He should have mentioned the wet paint on the lower body and exposed her lies to him the moment he found them

- He should have let her finish the kiss before interrupting clearly showing her cheating.

- He should have told her about overhearing the conversation between Marcus and her sister. If she didn't believe him and accused him of making it up, he should have then left her or thrown her out as she would be accusing him of lying to her on a deal-breaking level.

He was correct in not just stopping her seeing him without an explanation but if he did and revealed the above at the same time this would have been sufficient unless she was so infatuated she would see Marcus anyway. If that was the case the marriage would be over no matter what.

She came off far too lightly with all her half truths, evasions, deceits, flirtations and her determination to spoil the family holiday in favour of Marcus. I think he should have insisted on a trial separation to show his disgust at her behaviour, if not start divorce proceedings as she had in essence already emotionally betrayed him.

So I agree he was too much of a wimp for me to give 5* which in many ways it deserved but will give 4* as it was so well written and a very interesting story without the flaws.

ps why the moronic criticism of the Brits in one of the comments? To me that is racist and should be deleted.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
One question

They met for two hours in the studio every session.

Why didn't the husband just stubbornly sit in her studio every session?

Her: "Nothing is going to happen!"

Him: "Then my being there won't be a problem, will it?"

Her: "But what about your work?"

Him: "I know what matters most to me."

Which, of course, ruins this very well told story. But by page three, this question haunted me the entire rest of the story.

For me, at least, the impact of these hidden treasures seemed 'muted'. It seemed that one statue just turned all her rationalizations around? Well, you established her insight into his statues before, so perhaps it was me.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
I'll be generous, three stars.

The drama hinged on one thing; that Dave behave as a stupid wimp. From personal experience I can assure you that if Dave had assumed the role of homicidal maniac, Marcus would have left for greener pastures. Nothing in my life has been more important to me than my wife. If Dave loved Zoe as he professed; he would end Marcus before he would let him be a threat to his marriage. The pussy you portrayed him to be, unable to act for worry about what Zoe might think about him, is ludicrous. It's clear you haven't a clue how two soulmates react to an attack on their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good story but.....

A smack in the jaw at the second or third sitting would have sufficed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A true man isn't controlling yet he is in control

A true man isn't controlling yet he is in control. Dave took control of the situation, yeah would I have liked him to do more. But the story you told was he wanted her to see it for herself. He didn't step away to allow her to do that He stood by her side the entire way. Well done. Now if he would have also at the end kicked Marcus ass that would have been fun but in truth He did He kicked Marcus ass where his pride was.

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001over 8 years ago
To Anonymous

Anonymous, you are so misguided about what is racist. Being British is not a race. There are only 3 racial categories in the world. Those are Negorid, Monogloid and Caucasian. To say that it is moronic and racist to say something about being British shows your lack of intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
IT was nice...

But I find that I agree with a few other comments:

Zoe's naivety and stubbornness are almost legendary when paired with her apparent lack of reflection when everyone that sees the man knows he's coming on her. Zoe doesn't think about it at all and insists that everyone is wrong without allowing for even the possibility that she might be.

Have to also agree that not throwing Linda under the bus (even though Linda threw Zoe to the wolves) doesn't really ring true. THe result of that is of course revealing the carvings.

Both of these facets for the story feel like plot pushing the story. She has to be both stubborn and foolish for Marcus' charms to work in that environment. Likewise, if she had known about Linda, the whole wood carving thing wouldn't have been needed. Those are both good bits of business, but the author has to disguise the construct of the plot to not make them so obvious... or find another way and not be so precious about losing good scenes and reworking ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice

I enjoyed this story, and I was thankful for a happy ending. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written, eroticism, mesmerising

Excellent. Hate poor grammar and unrealistic story lines. So thanks. Anna xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Good story, but no woman is that naive. Also in the beginning Linda says he wasn't that great a lover, her husband was better. Then later she says that when he made love to her he rocked her world and she couldn't get enough of him. That didn'tmake much sense. Still four stars for a nice original plot and decent writing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
An excellent story

A good plot, well-realised.

Thanks for sharing it.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Outstanding

I must have missed this. Please write more in the Loving Wives category.

tatlockstatlocksover 8 years ago
Great Story....

Liked this very much, thank you for an very interesting story.

Had me wondering until the end.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
It is really sad that he had to fight so very hard for his wife's fidelity.

Especially since she had already promised it to him. It is very hard to fight the outsiders and your gatekeeper at same time. I don't think that a marriage that is that shaky can make it. It is just a matter of time and she will open the gate again unless she has really learned her lesson. As keeper of the heart and hearth she needs to be constantly vigilant. She has his heart and that of their children. Aside from all else, that is her primary job in the marriage.

Writer says she's straight and it is his story and his world so I take his word for it. Well written and presented. Artists are a little flighty and out of kilter at times. I do think that Marcus should limp the rest of his life, would look good on him as would a Heidelberg type scar.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
Enjoyed this but..

After 7 pages I think it wrapped up too early. Would have been good to have a bit more after the holiday where she let him know in uncertain terms that he was dead in the water. Also Sylvia needed a bit of punishment for her part in both seductions.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
Outstanding story!

One of the best I've read on here. She really was a loving wife, yet very naive!

5 *'s. Write more. I enjoy the conflict in these stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
2057 Followers
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...