All Comments on 'The Worst Year'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
wapentakewapentakealmost 6 years ago
Forgive and forget

I suppose that love can make someone forgive and reconciliation isn't unknown.

The Loving Wives readers will probably hate it, but it was a well written story that kept me entertained. Five stars.

frazodfrazodalmost 6 years ago

I guess I don't see a big difference in the actions of Francie and Philip. Philip was a conniving person, but on the outside looking in, how is Philip leaving Francie different from Francie leaving Bevan? Is he supposed to trust Francie won't do this again?

I liked the story, but the above is my big problem with the plotting.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017almost 6 years ago
Tidey

Well done, sad that human existence has , its lows and highs, all controlled by the mind. A very good story in my opinion. Thank you for sharing.

NorthPacific

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 6 years ago
Just Plain Dumb

I know this is Literotica and fantasy is the name of the game, but this, at best is silly and actually is "just plain dumb". Everyone acts like a flaming ass-hole and there's almost no redeeming feature. Fortunately I skimmed much of it so it didn't waste too much time and this note is a quicky too. A 2* wonder.

mcollectmcollectalmost 6 years ago
Sweet and silly

Almost gave up on it, but you have never let me down. So I continued, glad I did.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

Nice fairy tale, but if Bevan could not keep the first suave-stud from her why does he think he can keep the next flirt from not sweeping her away. She is a cheater, with Phillip, until she dumped Bevan - we all know once a cheater always a CHEATER!

She had to be willing to kill the marriage and now since she got burned (by Bevan's own hand) she will NOW stay true? She's got some problems and his desire for happy ever after is misplaced until she grows up. What ever he does - don't make kids, until she gets her head truly pulled-out and screwed on straight!

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
yeah, right in the kisser

This isn't romance, it's burn the bastard and reconciliation for no discernable reason. I disagree with her ever marrying someone with a name like Bevan. It's a stupid name.

He engineered the bastard burning in a way that reduces the free will aspect of her reconciliation. She was psychologically conditioned by the vacation. Which is good work, just not good with the other stuff used for reconciliation, namely engineering then paying off the mortgage debt. That's good too, but makes more sense for revenge because it's too much of an influence to believe anything she would say after that.

He was rich and could have hired a matchmaker that does background checks and psychological exams for any possible women. She was deeply indebted to him, although technically wasn't holding anything over her head. She couldn't be bothered to locate him. So, it's about the friends level, above acquaintance but below best friend.

Her disrespect when leaving him crosses the line into territory that puts her as a potentially dangerous person for him. You can forgive across that line, but to resume a relationship with them is about as sane as marrying someone who had told you outright she will have no respect for you and will secretly find you repulsive while smiling and saying nice things to your face.

So, I disagree with the story. He forces her to choose him or finding someone else/being alone. Love is about the exercise of free will, and is generally initiated with the temporary help of brain fuzzies. He was plenty eligible, but took back someone who figuratively spit in his face. Additionally, the fundamental problem that broke up the first marriage were not discussed nor resolved. Therefore, this is liable to happen again. Totally possible, doesn't mean I have to like it at all.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Wrong category. Loving wives - RAAC.

If I'd known I wouldn't have bothered reading it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...