All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 25'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Another Great Chapter...

Thankyou for another great Chapter to add to a most remarkable story. Easily worth 5 stars. Hang in there Bob.

computermadcomputermadabout 9 years ago
Getting There

Remember health first, everything else second. Keep everyone and everything you love as close as possible. If that includes your writing, use it. This episode reminded me of a few valuable things I had forgotten about. So thank you for refreshing my memories. My prayers are with you and your family.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
Be of Good Humor, Man.

Times like these, selfish concentration must lead your priorities. Consideration for yourself as much as for others.

And then, Ice Cream. You can skip the pickles as you prefer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I agree with computermad

although we all wait with fervered anticipation to the next chapter YOUR HEALTH is our main concern my prayers and thought are with you and your family

James UK

redlion75redlion75about 9 years ago

like the others i wish you better health but i would also like to point out that several times there were typos or other mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

this chapter is good ,but if you are having troubles then maybe you need to end this story soon and get your heath taken care of .your life is more important right now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get well

Your health and well-being come first we can wait for more of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Best Wishes

I have only found your stories in the last month and after reading all of them to this point, I am looking foward to continuing reading for a long time to come. Please take care of yourself. I do believe your work is just as good as F.M. Bisby's needs a little more polish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Grammar!

I'd rather have him in command "THAN" someone else - not "then"

If this, THEN that, more THAN, less THAN.

You have also used "drug" as a past tense of drag, instead of "dragged"

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Bob...

Please...no apologies are even remotely needed. We all understand that your health issues trump our reading pleasure. So please forget all that dreck. Ok?

I still do love your work...hang in there and stay in the fight for your life...and health.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Hey - Anonymous Assholes!

A personal note to all you anonymous folk who are offering up their typical spelling/grammar/word-choice criticisms. GO FUCK YOURSELVES!

You are offering up some pretty damned petty bullcrap to an author who is in a pretty damned heroic struggle to survive what bad cards life has dealt him at this time. Instead of revealing your small-minded selfish pettiness for all to see, why not either just STFU with that bullcrap, or take a look at the ACTUAL HUMAN STORY unfolding before you here with Bob and his words about himself and his recent struggles? Have a LOOK at what the man is DOING, willya? In the midst of a severe health struggle he takes his time and effort to try and continue to ENTERTAIN YOU with his prose. What has YOUR response been? petty spelling/grammar complaints about the offerings of a damned good and well-proven writer. Perhaps you have never been in a state of less than optimal health, and have no idea what this could be like for him, but I have been, and it ain't no picnic, friends. So before you take fingers to keyboards and comment again about this sort of PETTY BULLSHIT, take a deep breath, and consider whether he maybe knows he's not "perfect" in his writing already, and perhaps he's got higher priorities he's dealing with than what trivial complaint or other may have put a burr under your particular saddle. or: in short, GROW THE FUCK UP A BIT, PEOPLE!

(I'm sorry Bob for making you have to read that crap, or, for that matter, this crap too.)

tomscardstomscardsabout 9 years ago
you health is more important

i was getting worried for you because it was so long since the last chapter. yes, the stories are important to us, but your health is the most important issue.

my prostate seems to of survived the radiation treatments of a year and a half ago, and i listen to my doctor, well, on most things anyway.

use Dr. Luck idea and have an audio record then transfer it to something like dragon speaking.

we have your back. just get well.

tomscards

geiste4geiste4about 9 years ago
Worth waiting

All your chapters are worth waiting for the quality. I hope you're treatment works for you how its supposed to and look forward to hearing you're in better health.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Stop putting the end after each chapter.

The end is the end; it is not the end if you add another chapter.

Sniper014Sniper014about 9 years ago
Great chapter sand sorry to hear of your health

Bob

Another great chapter. Sorry to hear that your health is getting worst. I know you were not feeling good in the last couple of chapters when you let everyone know that you were going to go into the hospital for treatment. I believed that when you stated that Dr Luck was found with cancer it was your way of telling your readers that your health was failing.

Please for all of us, take care of your health and only release newer chapters when we are able to. Also agree with other readers that suggest that you look at a voice recorder like you had Dr Luck get. Will help in keep the story going on when you can no longer type.

Also please do not get upset at the idiots that read your stories and only complain about your spelling or misuse of words and then do not even leave their name.

I am the first to admit that I still misspell words and use the wrong meaning of words in sentences because that only provres that you and I are human after all and do make mistakes. Only machines do not make mistakes and you and I are not machines and so are all the other readers on this site. So my replies to those who rip your story apart for spelling and misuse of words is this if all you can do is rip his story a part for spelling go somewhere else.

I look at tyhge effort that the writer uses tonput out a story to entertain us and not to much in proofreading and looking for errors.

So in closing, get better and keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hello Again, My Friend!

I must disagree with the previous writer: machines and computers can and do make mistakes; after all, they are all built and programmed by humans. But that is not what I intended to talk about.

I prefer to remain anonymous because I do not want to join literotica as an active member if I do not intend to write and upload material; however, I do sign all of my comments with my real first name so I hope that I am not relegated to "just another anonymous non-entity" (and I know that you actually care about my comments which is why I continue to write them). For those other anonymous non-entities that continue to criticize and harp on this writer's short-comings, I say a pox on all you chicken-shit cowards. Hide behind your wall of anonymity and be thankful that we cannot come looking for you; but, then, we really don't want to stoop all the way down to your level anyway. God, I love chewing out assholes--it reminds me of my days in the Navy!

Bob, please take care of yourself. If writing helps as some sort of therapy then continue to regale us with more chapters, I went through a bout of breast cancer with my wife (as previously stated). She had good days and bad days while she was going through her chemical and radiation treatments. She has now been cancer-free going on four years. Even though I am fit as a horse (other than a slight problem with bursitis in my right shoulder) I can relate to what you are going through and offer you my best wishes along with those from the others here that care about you. We all want you to get well and hope that you do whatever it takes to make it happen.

On a lighter note I just wanted to state that I am getting a kick out of some of your characters' names: Kate Jackson, Lucille Ball, and Rory Calhoun; Archie Bunker and Fred Mertz; plus Jack Daniels, just to name a few. Then there is also Colonel Canyon (reminiscent of the old "Steve Canyon" series in the dailies). "Laughter is the best medicine" and I get more than my share every time I read a new chapter. Thanks again, Bob, for everything.

Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
love it 😊

Another 10 keep writing if you can. But worry about yourself and your health first. That is more important to us. You can finish this story when you get better. Thanks for writing and keeping us entertained.

A devoted fan, my email is wolfietl8969@hotmail.com

Tony

bballeebballeeabout 9 years ago
Kudos

As one who is waging his own battle against the big C, I will wait patiently for your next installment, knowing the entertainment and quality will be well worth the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good read

i anticipate more great reads

--as for THE END at every chapter seems to be an ongoing sense of humour that fits in with the stories

---thanx for writing

sincerly rob

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 9 years ago
Thank you.

I am awed that you continue your writing efforts despite the circumstances of your illness. And I still get a kick out of your character names. Have you been watching old re-runs of 'Charlie's Angels' lately? Maybe some 'All In The Family' and 'I Love Lucy' thrown in? It has become a game, almost, to identify the sources of your new characters' names!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you for taking time to share your work with us.

I have been with this story since the first day chapter 1 posted. I even read the other stories too, laughing my tail off. I just love all of your "friends" in this series. I finally got my husband reading this one. I hope you are laughing as you write these stories. I know my husband laughed so hard his face turned red while he was reading the first chapter. I told him it only gets better.

A prayer is sent your way for your treatments to work so you can continue doing what you love. I have lost someone to the ugly C. Chemo did not help, but at least they are not suffering anymore. I know an angel is watching over the family and friends left behind and one day we will be together again.

Best of luck to you,

DracosBaby

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Mixed review

I like the general direction of your story, but it seems to me that your many characters all speak with the same voice and personality. For example, In almost every conversation someone threatens to kill or shoot or maim someone if they don't do something like take their clothes off, stay with their guards, get better, or whatever. The women in particular, all act the same. Not all women hit their boyfriends/ husbands when they are frustrated. Not everyone bets on everything.

GLenbar85543GLenbar85543about 9 years ago
Get well

I hope your treatments are going well and that you get better soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks for Your Storytelling

I just found the story about 2 weeks ago and started reading it and have enjoyed it. Thanks for telling the story in such a way that it makes us all interested in what's happening to the characters. Now the important issue is for you to take care of the main character, YOU. May God bless you, and heal you, so that you can continue to be the great storyteller you are.

myassisdraginmyassisdraginabout 9 years ago
Best of luck.

I sumbled on this story by accident and am very glad I did. I went back and read your other works and have just finished thi book again. Glad to see some progress since I first read it. Please keep writing as much as you are able, I am anxious to see them succeed in finding a new home.

Cancer can be whipped, I personally know several survivors. My S.I.L. is one of them

Myassisdragin-

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Illness

Having gone through extensive treatment, My best advice is to trust your team and rest assured that they have your best interest in sight. A positive attitude is your best treatment and team mate

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 9 years agoAuthor
I will be leaving soon************

Chapter 26 is nearly finished. I will post it before I leave on the 18th of this month. I will not have time to put the dates in chronological order as I usually do so I hope you can put that aside. I would rather write than edit the story into chronological order. As you will see I am beginning to tie up some loose ends I am hoping to finish this story within the next two chapters. There will be some surprises, and some disappointments for some people. Life is life, and it is not always pleasant for everyone. Thank you for all your comments on Chapter 25, and now I'm going back to work on Chapter 26. Thank you again, Bob/Prolonged_Debut10

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
thanks for the story and good luck with your spine

Like some others i stumbled accross your stories (i am a scifi-fan), and i like them All a lot - especially what patti did. Thanks for them, and wish you luck with your spine and health. I hope we can still read many stories from you in Future.

drif10drif10about 9 years ago

You're doing good with this story. Yeah, it ain't perfect, but what is? You've got me looking forward to the next chapters, so I figure you're doing something right.

Clancy31015Clancy31015over 5 years ago
Perfect except...

It would have been funnier if when they were hanging Gordon from the ceiling and he pull that stunt knocking Steve off the ladder, if Gordon have knocked Steve off the ladder, across the room, into a wall, leaving Steve unconscious and having to use smelling salts or someone's dirty socks or gym shorts to wake him up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...