All Comments on 'They Can't Hide Forever'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
YOU CAN RUN AND YOU CAN HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT

but Science has a way of catching up;. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You've done better in the past

a glance at evidence from a pre-DNA testing era solves a cold case. Yawn. Not a whole story...your time travel/cowboy stories are better.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Thanks , Woodie;

Is this Harmon story a one-off or will it blossom into a collection? As you know I like all your stuff. The inverse seems to be more frequent, the demonstration that some poor guy did not commit the rape, twenty years afterwards...

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesabout 8 years ago
Forgot one thing ---

Make sure that Judy Swanson gets the news! That should add in a little bit of FUN in the next chapter!

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Good story!

Scientific advancements may not be as exciting as shootouts but they can solve decades old crimes that otherwise would remain unsolved. There is a special place in heaven for good cops, just as there is a special place in hell for bad ones. All too often the good cops suffer for the bad acts of the bad ones, so it's good to read a story about how a good cop works to see justice done.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Very good story

As per usual this author always writes excellent well written stories that I look forward to reading.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
meh

Boring, like listening to someone saying the alphabet or watching the news on a slow day.

No clever twists, just "These guys did it, now I can prove it".

Stick to your fiction.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
ZERO PROOF!

if they worked for the old lady there would LIKELY be DNA in lots of places. there might even be DNA of the evil grand daughter every where. SO does a cig butt with DNA from a worker prove they killed her??? NOPE not even close blo...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Butts and wrappers

In all likely hood the evidence that was in the box wax scattered around the deceased body not just any old place on the premises. That is why it is evidence. Had it been found any other place than that it would not be admissible in court.

So before you go running off at the mouth and showing your ignorance please do us all a favor and use your head for something other than a hat rack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not true evidence!

The detective did not produce a photograph showing where the cigarette butts and pen were found. The bothers routinely entered the house so they could have just dropped theses items the day before. There is no proof that they were at the house on the day of the murder. The old lady could have been cleaning up the cigarette butts and pen when she was attacked from behind. This evidence is insufficient for absolute proof! The police need a witness who places the bothers at the house in the time window of the murder.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
No evidence?

DNA on bloody gloves sure seems like evidence.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Further Comment

I hope this story is the start of a new detective series.

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 7 years ago
30 years ago

DNA sequencing was in its infancy for police work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn good story!

Well done, Sir! Well done!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

Excellent detective tale. Well worth the read.

Five Stars

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - no comment

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****Thanks again for the read.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Great story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A truly horrible crime.

I'm glad your friend solved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A very special little story reminding us that there a many dedicated people work in law enforcement.

Thanks so much

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...