All Comments on 'Thorne Ch. 06'

by kalamazoo707

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
!!

Got so excited when I checked and saw that this chapter was five pages. But at the end I realize it's not enough!!

I'm guessing here but maybe Louise's baby is Thorne's brothers mate? That's a long time to wait...

Freaking Barb and her stupid attitude. Love it! Still wonder if redemption is on the cards for this couple/family. A lot of secrets have to come to light first i imagine...

Feel so sorry for the kid she is carrying. Wonder how Thorne is going to react when he finds out that the empaths in the yancy family tell him his baby is depressed lol

Amazing work. Wait with a bated breath for the next chapter!!!!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i think it would be interesting if barb gets kidnapped for a few months because rufus wants the child to be born then killed and the only other person she has is the baby and she learns to love him. thorne will finally finds a way to get her back and by that time she realises her mean ways after such a traumatic time and they learn to accept each other and realise how they missed each other.

donaldedonaldeabout 11 years ago
another super teriffic chapter

I feek sorry for Barb's kid the best thing that could happen for the child is Barb to be captured right after the babby is born and if she must be returned in four to five centuries. I can not wait to see how they deal wih Rufus another excellent chapter can ont wait for more

DawnzoDawnzoabout 11 years ago
I love this story!!

Although I am still wondering is Olivia one of Louise's long lost cousins, and she could be Noels mate? Am I completely off base??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
its wasn't much!

Well after waitng this long I thought maybe were gona get 2 chapters with 10 pages each. This centred more on the hunters that I lost interest. I'm more interested on Barb, Thorne n her family. Anyway thanx but u must come to an end of it, its like ur running out of ideas n I guess we'll have to wait another month before u update again

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, NICE:)

So if we go by singing...., Wanda and Noel have a connection. Hmmmm? Or not. LOL!! As usual Barb is about Barb, nothing new. Maybe Saunders will capture her..., not really interested anymore. Maybe her son will protect her. Maybe she will die protecting her son because something will come to pass and the only love she will not be able to deny is his. Hmmmm? Time will tell. This is a great story!!!! Ethan is about to unleash some more crazy to the mix I see. I am not sure I like Thorne, but I like Barb even less. I want Rufus to just die, he and Harry should play together and both crazies can cancel each other out. LOL And, btw - it would be if GREAT IF JUSTINE THE QUEEN SHOWED UP AND FUCKING DISINTEGRATED THE HUNTERS!!! I am just saying. HA! Noel will remember the fight and figure something out that everyone has missed. Olivia will have to figure out how to live the life she wants and that might mean she is gonna have to kill a whole lot of folks to accomplish that. Hmmmm. This is good stuff. Thanks for the update. I check everyday!!!! I can't wait for more. Oh yeah, unless Leon gets super powers..., going up against crazy Harry is a death wish. But I could be wrong. How do you effectively kill a crazy vamp and get the satisfaction of revenge when the other party is just demented and damaged? Maybe Leon has a touch of Barb in him and he is really the hard core bad-ass and just chooses to be the nice guy. Hmmmm? I bet Thorne & Ethan will want to be his new BFF. This is so much fun!!! I am gonna be late for work AGAIN, but I love reading your updated chapters!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
meh

I only like Barb because she's anti-"every other major character in this story," they're too disgustingly self-righteous for my liking. As for Barb, I guess she throws a spanner in the works and distracts from the nauseatingly disney princess cum saintly virginesque can do no wrong 'perfection' of the other characters. Personally, I can't wait until you're done with this families' tales and start on a compltely new story.

I already know that the story of Thorne's younger brother will be pretty much about a man not at all unlike all the major male characters in this story (a little bit dominating) meeting a frail, fragile, unsure of herself virgin/not so experienced woman who will blossom only with his love.

Don't mind me, I don't like characters with no flaws, and I don't like the idea of weakness or self-victimisation to be glorified as vulnerability; and thus an attractive quality in women. That's what I feel Louise represents, and what Celeste is shaping up to be, it disgusts me when I seewomen like that in real life. Nobody makes you a mouse, you choose it.

Anyway,I wait in baited breathe for IWLYF (one of my favourite stories ever).

Kris (too lazy to get an account)

'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

These stories keeps getting better. I can't wait to see what happens next. Also don't let negative people make you stop writing I agree with you if they get angry they shouldn't read it. I can't wait to read the stories of joesph and victoria. Also can you write a part about Noel finding his mate. Continue writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5 pages......

And I still want it longer! I'm insatiable for your stories. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Brilliant as always!

I still keep hoping for Barb that she will eventually see the light. Maybe, just maybe the children will help her see...

'You are my sunshine...' makes me wonder if Noel's mate is Wanda or Celeste. That they are both so sensitive makes me lean towards Celeste, but who knows! You are writing the story and I love you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
tired

just like people are tired of the barb bashing, I'm tired of people bashing Louise. she's a good person who something good happened to. are we forgetting that she was an empathic that had no one to teach her? Fortunately Celeste has both Leon and Lou to teach her. we don't know how Celeste is going to turn out and its presumptuous to assume that she's going to be what many consider to be weak. btw- imho Lou isn't weak. she's a peacemaker - even Thorne sees her strength. I also think that Barb calls Louise a mouse as a put down and not because she really sees her that way. can we say jealousy? for all of her talk about abuse, who really is the abuser? why are the sisters weigh the exception of barb considered goody two shoes?they never put down. in fact they've reached out to her several times and what does she do? I would have kicked her asss to the curb long before now. But...to her credit at least she's beginning to think. going to Wanda was a huge step for her. I find it interesting that a child is the one who initiated the thinking.I think that That one scene gave us a glimpse of what a powerful woman Celeste will grow up to be.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

I thought I had things figured out but this story has so many twists and turns.

Speedy1106Speedy1106about 11 years ago
nice

Hey, I like your stories a lotn the only thing is that I am only reading this story is for the other characters. Thorne and barb I am not that interesred in. All the others I like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
only you...

could make a 5 page chapter feel short! LOL

Great work. You sure have us all chomping at the bit. I remember how it took ages for Ethan to come around, so I disagree with Kris that you only make perfect characters. Not one of them started out perfect, so hats off to you for creating so many realistic characters.

As I see it, several things are going to happen before the end of this story:

1) That Blackwell-Sinclaire feud is gonna get straightened out somehow - someone will have to lay hands on Nathan and get those memories back...

2) Thorne and Barb are going to have to clear the air

3) Barb has to come to terms with that baby

4) The vampires are going to face those hunters.

I just hope it's not all in one go, or I might likely have a heart attack.

PoetryLvrPoetryLvrabout 11 years ago
....

At this point even a bitch slap would be too good for Barb. Her sisters are way too nice to the point of nausea. If she weren't pregnant I would be promoting body slams! And I don't even like violence! That woman irks me. You must be doing something right if I continue to read and characters can such provoke emotion though. But I have to admit Barb makes me want to go into rehab and give up my Sinclaire addiction so I don't have to read about her. I feel like even if she were kidnapped and safely rescued she would blame her family. What could change her? Please let it happen already! Okay enuff about her.

Nice job Kal. Words to live by "F the haters"....especially the ones still reading and complaining. What sense does that make?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great chapter as usual

It just gets better and better. I still believe that the eye in Noels portait are Celeste. Love the fact Wanda was the one to actually hit a nerve with Barb. I can't waitfor the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love the Sinclaires

What can I say, I love this family. Kal, you rock.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 11 years ago

Out of all the wisdom from scholar to scholar, nothing can beat the truth of a child . It is without blemish or bias, and can see through to the truth.

Superb chapter...

primrose227primrose227about 11 years ago
Oh, Barb

Barb is really tiresome. I'm gritting my teeth every time she opens her mouth. But I know that slow is the progression of change. She is so inside her own head, so selfish she can't see anything beyond what she wants. Imagine the antagonist playing the victim and really believing it.

-

I said in an earlier comment that I doubted she knew what she wants. When has she been courageous enough to examine herself? All this conflict she brews helps her dodge taking responsibility for her own actions and the mess she's made of her life.

-

She's so out of pace with what's going on around her and inside herself that she doesn't recognize how rude and divisive her actions are. Nor does she realize that others would think her unpleasant and not like her. Imagine that. I don't know how a person can be that insular. When she breaks, it's going to be a colossal. She has a lifetime of self inflicted pain, solitude, tears and regrets to get through.

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutieabout 11 years ago

Barb is getting bitchier with each new chapter. I hope that that Wanda's honest response to her question creates a change in Barb. If not since I don't like her anyway, you can just kill her off after the baby is born. I want Thorne to have love, to be loved and love in return. Barb is not that woman she is too selfish to love anyone else. Kill her!! As you can I really can't stand Barb!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Poor Baby

Maybe Barb will wake up and do what's best for the baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love this chapter...

Every day I check to see if this posted. I am no fan of Barb and I am a little bit hoping that after the baby is born she will leave him to be raised in love by Thorne and the Sinclair family. But I know that you are going to write the perfect ending to her story. I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Questions:

Before I ask these questions, I'll point out that Barb is petty and selfish, but there are some things I really don't get.

1. When Thorne was introduced, Lousie made this huge deal about how insanely evil he was and how he was going to hurt Barb. Afterward he gloated about how he loves to hurt the Sinclairs and wanted Louise.... in that story. Now, here in Thorne, while he's been overbearing in some ways, nothing he's done has hurt Barb, and as far as evil goes: he's never murdered, he's never raped, and he acts like one of those most huggy-feely King of the Mountain's I've ever seen in a vampire. What exactly is the deal? Did Lousie make some sort of terrible mistake that she's now trying to cover up by berating Barb for making that choice for? I mean - Thorne is either evil or he isn't. Louise has reason to know which is true, she's an empath. She hasn't admitted that she's wrong, hasn't fessed up, yet nothing she said appears to be true. Is she evil incarnate or something? What's going on here?

2. What's the deal with Hans and Barb? I read that story, and the two of them never had any kind of connection. All she did was berate him, and for obvious reasons he rejected her. Why was she supposed to know that he would have died for her? It's obviously untrue - his thought process all along was about how (obviously childish) she was behaving.

3. Why are the Sinclair sisters defending rape as if it is something that could ever be redeemed when the rapist is unwilling to be accountable for their actions? Not one of them EVER paid for their crimes, not one of them believes in following human laws, and apparently the only thing that redeems them is that they found women willing to love them. So now they're suddenly ashamed, and everything they did is okay? What did they do for their victims to make it alright? Confessing in front of a bunch of other vampires who don't really give a shit about human laws doesn't really make for much of an atonement.

4. If vampires don't follow human laws, and allow their own to rape any humans they please, why should the Hunters be held to account for killing them? That's predation, it's evil, and these creatures are willing to defend the rapists against anyone that attacks them by killing. Louise definitely called it when she said there's a vicious circle here, and it's not just the Hunters in the wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
questions

Lou never berated barb. She was trying to get barb to see that Thorne didn't care about her. He was using her. Barb never gave hans a chance. She was so blinded by what she thought she wanred that she totally discoubted him. Even whem he showed up at the club and Louise tried to tell her she chose Thorne. So. .having to tell your children what you are isn't punishment. Ok.. but again we are talking about a world where the rules are different. I think that we forget about that. Btw the sisters don't condone rape nor are they enabling it. The rapes have stopped. No one seems to remembrr how yhe rapes began. That diesnt taje away any responsibilty from Ethan. His responsibilty began the second he knew that it was wrong.as far as the hunters. They are at war... plain and simple.

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmabout 11 years ago
Tight............really tight and good.

Why do folks go into deep questions about the chapter and then NOT identify themselves? Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one. Last I checked the U.S. Constitution, we still had a right to free speech. Write your story and screw what the cowards say.

This chapter was excellent. Barb is a bitch incarnate and my heart truly goes out to all the children, including her baby, who have to be exposed to her malignant cragmire of a personality. Thorne is diamond hard on that bitch because he understands the workings of her greedy self obsessive mind. I hope both of them give their baby over to Julie and Hans. He will get love with them.

Thorne's issue with his own mother really colors how good a parent he could be and he is ridiculous in his expectations that Barb would be any better without the control of his money. He's a bastard,no two ways about it and she is a crusty bitch!!!

They deserve each other. Hopefully, this crisis will make them tone their goddamn cynical attitudes and approaches to life down!! He is tough, but I have more patience with him than I will ever have with Barb. Her name is quite appropriate. Her "barb" is as sharp as that of a stingray.

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmabout 11 years ago
added thoughts for "Anonymous"

The sisters are of the Yancy clan. A long lineage connected to the Sinclairs.

Thorne initially wanted to use "Sweet Barb" to play get back at the Sinclairs.

Hans knew who Barb was and wasn't down with it at all, but was WILLING to make the best of a bad situation with her. SHE....NOT HE....broke the connection. If the bitch hadn't been so hyper critical and so into social climbing; she would have seen what her sister Juliette saw.

The sisters are right about Barb. She is a victim by her own choices and adamantly refuses to take responsibility for how she got into her current predicament.

As much as I don't care for Thorne at least he owns his bullshit and the consequences of said actions.

As for the whole rapist past history of the Sinclairs; not all of them went down that path. The new generation owned it and came clean with their mates. It is irrelevant and Barb just wants something to bitch about in order to feel better about herself. She looks for shit to harp on, but a child put her in check with pure innocence. Doesn't get any better than that. I liked how you put the icing on that cake.

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
Can anyone really explain Barb? Not bashing, just wondering....

Kal you keep a person thinking. Wow. All the different angles of folks who comment also keep a person thinking. I wonder why a child's question would bother Barb the most. She clearly does not care about the baby she is carrying so why would questions and answers from children shake her up. Her sisters are not goody, goody and they do not preach. They actually live their lives and make choices that are not self hating. Whatever Barb's issues are EVERYONE sees it and just does not understand it. Barb is not an idiot, so there is a reason why she does what she does. It may not make sense to a bunch of us...., but you know what I was thinking it is all about BARB, BARB, BARB. She does not like anyone getting attention but her. Good or bad her antics keep folks lips flapping. Go back and read her reaction when her sister told her she was done. Really go back and read it. The chick DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL. Hmmmm. As for Thorne..., he is a jerk but you know what he actually does love his brother. His mother he understands and he might wish for more but Thorne does not from sun up to sun down berate, insult, demean his sibling and other people who show him love and concern. Granted there are not that many, but Barb goes out of her way to do so. AND why the hell does she NOT listen to inner voice. Barb is gonna end up dead just because she is truly dead in spirit by choice. I did say a while ago that Barb was just tiring and that has not changed. Did she feel bad when she was told that her baby is sad and wonders why she does not like him? NO. But she was all twisted when her niece asked her why she did not like them and then threw in the super follow up..., did we do something wrong. Even a kid understands that there are reasons for behavior. Damn, that is just something. I am loving this story. If Wanda or Celeste is not for Noel then there is a long lost sister. Ha! Thorne should bond with his child thru Celeste, that would be interesting. An empath child that can tell him about his baby in utero. That would be comedy. I can't be a bad-ass when a tiny chick is checking my bad word card and telling me my son has some serious questions about life..., like if my mom does not like me will you? Hmmmmmm. Now that would be something. About all the bad people..., you already know I vote for Justine!!!! But it is totally up to you Kal, and I cannot wait. I don't think Thorne would let anyone raise his child unless it was his brother and he was dying. Wait you know what...., maybe he would let Louise do it. He did like how Victor took the protector role to heart, but Thorne did check out Louise a while back. BIG GIGGLES RIGHT NOW!!!! So Juliet will just have to take care of the kids she's got. Barb's son is gonna have to be surrounded by love if his mother stays on her same path because he has had unfiltered dislike from the time of his conception. Wow - Maybe Barb could get with Olivia's dad or her unwanted intended..., they seem mercenary enough. Oh yeah, William and the crazy Vamp family are gonna have to be turned to dust. William will probably die protecting Olivia but his family and Olivia's father should meet their ends in a violent and final way. Just my thoughts. I think I have done enough. LOL Hey and for those who don't like the story, and are negative go read something else. I really do like the comments either way because they make me ponder different scenarios but cranky folks that are uber critical and want to insult..., you all can just click onto another read. KAL...., GIVE US SOME MORE!!! WE ARE GREEDY FOR YOUR ENDLESS IMAGINATION. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Added thoughts for Alpha Marm

Not sure why you are so angry with Anons not identifying ourselves when I am sure that "Alpha Marm" isn't the name on your drivers license, so your real identity is just as much a mystery as mine is. If I used a fake name I wouldn't be a coward? That's a matter of opinion (charming analogy you used). I don't have a user name because I have no intention of ever writing, so who cares who I am since no one will need my "name" to search stories. Writers can take or leave my anonymous opinions, but they will have to accept them since this site allows me to write them. You spent a lot of time responding in two feedbacks to my fellow Anons, so what difference would it have made if they had a user name, they still got your attention anyway.

Kalamazoo, great chapter as always, looking forward to ch 7.

Nala6Nala6about 11 years ago
All I Gotta Say Is.....

AWESOME!

This is the first time I read all the comments along with your 5 page installment. I have to agree that they are the shortest 5 pages I ever read, I was looking for 5 more once I got to the end. I clearly see some people need to read the previous stories in order to fully understand what is going on. So if you haven't please do so its well worth it and will kill the time while waiting for the next installment. I also find it funny how so any readers criticize but I guess you can't make everyone happy. Lighten up enjoy the reading that takes you away from your day to day troubles.

On to the story comments, I just want one of the sisters to pimp slap Barb please that would be so right and call for, we would all feel better, cause even my hand is itching. Yes the sister can be loving but someone like Barb sees that as a weakness and a real up in your face head roll will put her in her place for a minute but just a minute. I was wondering if Justine or someone else would make an appearance in this story that would be so cool.

I myself have truly enjoyed all your stories and can not wait until I have to pay for one of your stories via e-book.

You truly have a gift and I am a big fan of your work.

cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yeah Dawnzo

You need to start from the beginning Olivia pale brunette thin, yep long lost cousin Not! Kal love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
personally

I loved the chapter and agree with others who felt it wasn't lonh enough lol

Great writing Kal :-)

On another note why a person who dislikes this. Story continue to read it (this is chap 6!) Just wait patiently for Kal's other submissions. Don't be a Barb and do something of ur own accord then complain about it! Just silly

DawnzoDawnzoabout 11 years ago
to Anon: I have read the whole story, and I love it...

I think I have a hard time thinking a child is the mate of a mentally traumatized vampire who is hundreds of years older than her. I think it makes the mom in me more comfortable that Noels near obsessive behavior is focused on an adult women and not a baby girl. JMHO

poisedpencilpoisedpencilabout 11 years ago
not about disliking story & on Barb

I feel sorry for y'all who say you dislike the story - coz Y'ALL are just as hooked as I am! And I love this story!! That sure is something to be able to rile folks up enough to blow up the comment section! LOL Well done, Miss Kal!!

@blastwizard: While waiting for the next post, I do think about Barb. She's like a female version of Ethan (from way back when). Ethan was repulsive. Now, Barb is repulsive. Considering that we are probably less than halfway through the story (Kal's stories in this series seem to go up to 16 chapters), I figure that we have the 'time' for something life-changeing to happen to her. I think we can be secure in the knowledge that she won't be the same by the end of the story.

I also find Barb very interesting, my main question is 'What's it gonna take to turn her around?' I remember how repulsed I was with Ethan, and yes, he did make a turnaround. From the few flashbacks we have of her, I know that she is suppressing something - either a memory or some sort of power. So, I'm waiting to see what that's all about. Additionally, she's not going to die, despite the other readers pleading, because she is, in some way, a key for the Sinclaire-Blackwell reunification.

caffssucaffssuabout 11 years ago
Love!

I love your stories, especially this series. Barb will get her head out of her butt eventually and until then she is another one we love to hate. I really hope that Justine or as she was referred to "their bitch queen" makes an appearance and destroys thst sicko Rufus and the hunters but if not the Sinclairs and Blackwells becoming friends again over their mutual distruction of those aholes would be great as well. I really can't wait to see what turns Barb around and to find out what exactly Nial can't remember and why and who his mate really is. Post again soon please, the wait is torturous!

DRESSADRESSAabout 11 years ago
Why?????

I honestly love all your stories, but this one makes no sense to me. I get that barb has her issues with her family, but how can they easily accept being married to rapist and give her such a hard time?

fluerfluerabout 11 years ago
SELFISH HEFFER

Barb strikes again. She thought she had something over her sisters, only to walk away with eggs on her face. Instead she upset the children, learned her nieces and nephews loved her but disliked her and discovered her own baby wonder why its mommy did'nt like him.

Even with all that money Barb remains unfulfilled. I hope Barb gets a come to Jesus moment because I am tired her complaining about being mistreated. Being poor is not abuse. Her parents made not have had luxury but they were loved.

As for Noel, I can't wait for him to find his mate.

This update was insightful but not nearly long enough. Just when it was starting to good you had to leave us hanging. Please update soon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
why??

first, only one of the sisters is married to a rapist. Two- who's giving who a hard time? Barb has acted selfishly since she was a child- remember the prom dress and the things that she said to her father? what about her attitude when she found out that they were rebuilding the house? I believe that she's the one that turned her back on her family even as they tried to reach out to her. Telling her about herself is giving her hard time? wanting to be together and doing what their parents would have wanted is a hard time? Not wanting to accept the responsibility for her fuck ups is giving her a hard time? Constantly being slapped in the face is giving her a hard time? hmmm- a child even tells her why she is loved but not liked. The bitch needs an epiphany or something. She's on the verge of losing the people who truly love her and why? she's too stupid and selfish to see it or she doesn't want to. She isn't being given a hard tiime, she's been giiven a reality check.

QueenbiggumzQueenbiggumzabout 11 years ago
OMG! BRILIANT!

I love your series. Barb needs a good ASS WOOPING! and Noel is almost there in finding his mate which I Think is wanda or Celeste or olivia. I can't wait Please its torture for waiting for the new chapter. You are the best keep up the good work. and I'am so happy that you made the female character with meat on there bones it refreshing to read a BBW with a drop dead gorgeous man. Thank You and Please post more chapters soon .

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
You have a valid point there Poisedpencil, but :)

In my mind's eye I cannot imagine what could have transpired to make Barb so repulsive. The rapists were repulsive. No question. We see thru Kal's different stories how much they do not sugar coat or try to pretend that they did more than wrong. They force themselves to never put it in a locked place of let's forget it and move on. They continually try to live in the present and reinforce that raping is NOT something that anyone should do, continue or pretend is okay. That being said, I have to let that go because the word alone unnerves me because the act itself is all kinds of violations that I would not wish on anyone. OK. Now Barb..., I think you have touched on something. What if Barb has powers and something has triggered or blocked her true self? I am just making that up, I really think Barb is a mindfully completely self-absorbed shortsighted blight on society at large. HA! But in the world of Kal and Kal's great imagination..., and because I am trying to find my own come to Jesus moment with that wench...., maybe, just maybe something is blocking her blessing. (Something besides Barb). We see that she has moments or feelings of things going awry, but she ignores them. You see the way Noel gets those headaches when he is trying to remember..., maybe Barb had her own trauma. I am reaching. Some folks are damn hateful because they want to be..., but maybe there is something. Another reader said that she was just as trifling as a child and referred to her prom so you know I am really reaching because I remember reading her bs about not having what she wanted from her parents warranted her to cry abuse. Maybe I want Barb to be redeemed because she is having a baby, and I don't feel that a child should not be loved by their parents. But selfish folks don't make the best parents anywhere. This is falling into really deep territory. You just might be onto something..., by the end of this story Barb might be a person that respects herself and can actually receive the love she is freely given. I do agree with you by the way, Barb is not gonna die but she is gonna trigger the violence because she just can't seem to care that her actions have consequences...., and her own bs is gonna allow the hunters into an otherwise safe environment. WHEW..., I am so trying not to be negative Nelly. LOL Soooo, how about we go down a different road with Celeste talking to Barb's baby and having frequent sit downs with Thorne..., that thought process really rocks because it would give Thorne something that he actually needs. Outside of his love for his brother and observing the love in other families I think Thorne would like to know that he is not like his father and would put the needs of his child first. It is always interesting to read about adults learning form children.., the honesty and clarity is like an oxymoron because the child always seems like the Jedi. :) Oh and someone mentioned their discomfort with Noel having Celeste or Wanda as his mate..., well seeing how these vamps are like a billion years old...., what's another 30+ years to wait for your mate to grow up and learn to make her own choices and grow to be the woman she is going to be. LOL I think that whatever Noel has endured he needs to grow A LOT!!!! So having to learn to filter a traumatic life altering event may actually take him that long to be a fit mate for a human woman. That theory only holds water if Kal deems it so. Who knows...., all we know is that the eyes belong to a Yancy woman...., time will tell. This story is so fun. The comments are a hoot too. Kal look at what your imagination inspires. This is the business!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter just so that you can prove us all wrong or at least one of us will puff up their chests if we are mildly right. :) I TOTALLY WISHED YOU WERE PUBLISHED BECAUSE I TOTALLY WOULD OWN EVERY BOOK!!!!

irish_crazeirish_crazeabout 11 years ago
Thanks for the update, but

why the heck is this story so full of everything and anything BUT Barb and Thorne....I just skip through everything else. I seriously think this story should be renamed the Yancy show or something like that because Thorne ain't gettin no love. Hahaha...Barb is such an intricate character..of which I haven't read in a long time if ever....I cried when she asked Wanda if she liked her...first time I legit held sympathy for her....Kal best character ever!!!!!!! I'm am so not interested in any other storyline Barb takes it all for me, I thought I was getting interested in Noel..but alas..not really. There's so many little side stories going on...it's like a race with my side scroll till I see the name Barb.. Pathetic actually..ahaha...can't wait until the next update.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
LOVE THIS SERIES!

Please Kal will you consider the following things?

1. Someone literally slap Barb upside the head

2. Have fates give Thorn another mate (maybe Olivia)

3. Let Adriana be the vampire who kills Rufus (karma)

I can't wait till the next chapter. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So Good

Loving the story so far but I wish there's more of barbs and thorne's relationship. Personally I think that barbs is the best character so far I just wish she becomes more tolerable and it would do her a world of good if she bit her tongue when she's about to say something nasty... Well done kal can't wait for the next instalment

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 11 years ago

I hope that William will be able to rescue Olivia and take her away to win her heart. He could offer to work for Thorne and Evan as a double agent to win her freedom.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i just read justineand was wondering when she is going to go after our heros. i mean she is ckeaning house of all that treat women badly right? plus at then end of her story they move to cali so she is in the the state with them and the hunters plus she was from phili the same as the sisters so is there a connection there?

Elmo533Elmo533about 11 years ago
What's the timeline here?

Victoria is never mentioned and neither are the twins' mates. Isnt this story line happening after their double wedding?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
timeline

Victoria is mentioned she tells Wanda that she will help keep Celeste safe. The twins and their mates are also at the house... they are also mentioned as is joseph.

Its after the double wedding

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmabout 11 years ago
Somebody likes that bitch Barb

Please go figure...who would have thought that someone would actually like the biggest bitch in print since Alexis Carrington????

Well, whatever...it never ceases to amaze me who will appeal to who.

Why didn't you use your sign in name? Claim Barb since you are so fond of her. We may give you the hairy eyeball, but what the hell?!?!?!? Your choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
unrepentant character

Sorry but the author had a tendency to waffle on. I was usually skimming through the story. Few hours of my life I will never get back. A story can still be great without so much unnecessary dialogue. And most of the dialogue was tremendously repetitive and frankly dull. I know it's overly long because it all ties together, but some characters it would have been better to leave well alone as they did not add much value to the story. And the constant lamenting of an unrepentant character drove the knife home. I read it this far hoping the main character had a semblance of repentance but to no avail thus far. I enjoyed your other stories but I could not associate with this characters attitude. Her character has made my BP to rise.

tikateapottikateapotabout 11 years ago

I'm ready to see some signs of softening in Barb. Maybe Wanda's confession will put something on her mind. As Barb starts to genuinely change and grow, it will open the door for Thorne's feelings to change toward her. I think it's probably going to take something drastic, like almost losing it, for her to change her thinking towards their baby b/c right now he's an abstract idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Barb

If Barb gets a character change PLEASE don't make her in the same mould as the others, please let her have her own distinct personality.

Is Thorne ever going to stop eyeing Louise?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thorne deserves better?

Everytime I read about people wanting to change Barb I ask why? let her be.

As for Thorne 'deserving better', isn't this the same guy with mommy and daddy issues so severe that he purposefully chooses women who remind of his mommy (Oedipus complex?). Then lures them to his 'den' with half-truths and ambiguity, and using their own golddigging ways against them by playing judge, jury and executioner of their morality. He sentences them by treating them as whores and adding a surprise guest (who was hired for his love of cruelty towards women especially in a sexual situation) - this would consitute as grey rape. He then justifies his sadism by calling the women no-good whores, even though he could have walked away before engaging in this behaviour?

Is this the guy who's soooooooooo much better than Barb? Really?

Does he absolutley have to show his anger at his mommy at every corner, and take it out on anyone who reminds him of it.

As I see it, both Thorne & Barb are stuck blaming their parents and childhood circumstances for who they are - their both too old for that, but Thorne is extra old and should get over it with immediate effect.

They are perfectly suited and should either thrive or drown together.

Miss_SeraphinaMiss_Seraphinaabout 11 years ago
more more more! ;)

Loved it! I'm really hoping this will be a wake up call for Barb :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thorne

Thorne deserves better but I think if he and barb would open up to each other they could become a real lovely couple. Also could you make the rest of the chapters longer. I have enjoyed all of your stories and can't wait until the next ones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I see it coming (I think) and I don't like it

The thought of Noel and Celeste together is just gross, for lack of a better word. I understand that most of these men are hundreds of years old but at least their mates are adults. Celeste is truly a baby. I can't stand the thought of him watching her grow up and then claiming her. That's too much like a pedophile even if he waits until she is 18. How can anyone have sexual feelings for someone they've known since single digits and watch them grow up? We're expected to believe that his dick doesn't get hard for her until the stroke of midnight on her 18th birthday? Ugh! I really hope it’s a long lost cousin that you plan to introduce. Maybe she comes to visit with Gene. Hell, it’s your story. Do want you want. All I ask is that if you plan to take her from sucking her thumb to sucking his dick, could you please do it in another story? I want to see how this story ends and I would like the choice of not reading the other.

As far as Barb, I don't mind that she is a bitch. I would just rather she saved it more for the people who deserve that kinda treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Noel

hmmm. remember-even if it if Celeste, Noel thinks that the eyes belong to that of a woman. He does ask Leon if he has a female relative in her 20-30's. And- how much interaction has he had with Celeste even though they're in the same house? he has yet to even speak to her. He sees her as a child and not a future mate and Celeste isn't drawn too him either. If it is her, the time hasn't come for them to meet. for all wee know, Celeste could be in her forties when she realizes who he is.

Kinkerbell84Kinkerbell84over 10 years ago
I like this series, but...

The characters are barely, if at all, described in a way that the reader gets a mental picture of what the characters may look like. Maybe it's mentioned in another series, but I hate to stop reading and start all over with the first book. I guess we were meant to read in chronological order. Also, the sex scenes are brief and leave much to be desired. And one more thing...this story is suppose to be mainly about Thorne and Barb, but it seems to bounce all over the place. Overall, I really enjoy reading this and I may decide to read the previous stories, too. With a few minor enhancements this writing would be brilliant. But that's just my opinion, for all it's worth. :)

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Finally she is almost ready to grasp the truth.. I'm almost tired of watching them knock Barb upside the head with it... on another note I cant wait to read about Celeste and Noel... I just need more

chocolatesistachocolatesistaover 10 years ago
shes still so f-in mean i cant stand it

hope there will be some progress with t and b

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkalamazoo707@kalamazoo707
1666 Followers
Hello, I can't believe that it's been this long since I've visited this site, I've undergone many changes- many of them good and am contemplating returning to the world of writing. I know I have many unfinished stories and that's where I will start. I hope that all of you are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thorne Ch. 05 Previous Part
Thorne Series Info

SIMILAR Stories