All Comments on 'Thorne Ch. 11'

by kalamazoo707

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
flowerbloomflowerbloomalmost 11 years ago
five stars

Excellent!!!!!!

luv_romanceluv_romancealmost 11 years ago
Finally!,,

Thanks for the update. Hurry up with the next.

I am seeing a new Barb 😄

suebramleysuebramleyalmost 11 years ago
Wonderful

Yet again another wonderful chapter. I always look forward to the next chapters of your stories and will be extremely sorry if you leave Literotica. As you American say "Way to go Kal" lol. Brilliant can't wait for the rest of the story.

TrellyWellDoItWellTrellyWellDoItWellalmost 11 years ago
Love It ♥

Awesome update. I'm so happy that Brab is trying to change. And Throne is getting help and he finally told his mama how he felt about everything. I love Celeste much she so damn cute!! I love that she talk to the baby. I'm so happy for Gene. But i really want Brab and Throne to be together!! I think they can really grow to love each other if they want too. But keep up the work ♥ツ

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 11 years ago
Watch out Barb

Your mask has slipped and your humanity is showing.

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertalmost 11 years ago

As always a wonderful update. I want to once again commend you on staying the course with Barb. while the vast majority of the readers tired of her antics along the way you stayed the course. As I always contended this is your vision.

We all have shortcoming maybe not to the degree of Thorne and Barb but insecurities are presents. Although this is a fictionalized saga, your "perils" of wisdom may have help someone in similar straights. I am eagerly awaiting the update.

charligirl30charligirl30almost 11 years ago
Freaking Awesome!!!!

As always i am super excited about each chapter... I cant wait to see whats next. Who does the eyes in the painting belong to???? I cant wait to see how this unravels. Please update soon.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 11 years ago
Nice

Great Job, Kal 5 stars

SkyfallSkyfallalmost 11 years ago
Great update!

Love the update! Could one of Gene's kids be Noel's mate? Thank you for taking the time to update...

TrellyWellDoItWellTrellyWellDoItWellalmost 11 years ago
I got a feeling.......

My feeling is that Celeste is Noel's mate. Cause in a previous chapter Noel sung a song to the picture. That Wanda sings to Celeste when she's upset or sad. Just putting two and together. Or I can be wrong. Maybe ;)

blksxystangblksxystangalmost 11 years ago
Very nice and interesting....

Thank you for the much awaited update!

I can't wait to see what happens when Gene moves to California. I am also very interested to see what will be the breaking point for Barb.

Loving the story...

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutiealmost 11 years ago
Good golly miss molly that was a good chapter!!!!

Barb makes my teeth itch, Louise has done nothing to Barb hell for that matter no on in her family has done her wrong but Barb spews hate from her pores. I want her to sign over her parental rights, Aiden deserves not to be exposed to evil after he is born. Why would Thorne want to change her when they won't remain together? I maybe in the minority but I want Barb to die after Aiden is born. I wouldn't miss her at all!!!

myprivatejoymyprivatejoyalmost 11 years ago
I get so angsty

...waiting for you to post the next chapter. Then you hit it out of the park!! I could tell you what I "want" you to write, but I know I will love whatever it is that YOU come up with. PS....thanks for working on Barb. I appreciate the slow development. If she changed overnight, it would not be "real".

fluerflueralmost 11 years ago

What is in the bloodline of the Yancy clan that makes them so powerful? There power seems to enhance the Blackwell and Sinclair family.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

It is so hard to guess which way this story will go, definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to find out what how Gene will react to finding about his in-laws.

blastwizardblastwizardalmost 11 years ago
6 WONDERFUL CHAPTERS!!! YOU KNOW I WANT MORE RIGHT?! LOL

There may be a bit of time between postings, but damn you certainly give us so many things to think about. I really like this story. I read the comments below, there is a bunch of truth and wonder in them. Folks are redeemable, but I have no interest in some. LOL Wanda could be Noel's mate, if she is..., both her dads are gonna have something to say about his treatment of their daughter. HA! I wonder what Noel is repressing. Could he or his father be the traitor? Could he read that his father's behavior tarnished by his farce of a marriage truly just warped his mind. Hmmm? Who knows. BTW - I LOVE CELESTE AND THORN!!! She brings out the hope, wonder and trust in him - guilt free. It is fun to watch. She giggles with him. When did Thorne inspire anyone to giggle? I want them to be fast friends forever. Can you imagine when she starts dating, he is gonna be worse than her 2 dads. Let's talk about Joseph and his possible mate. I wonder who that can be. Kal, I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!! I cannot wait for the next chapter. I know it will be full of adventure and more questions. I also wanted Barb to not take the vamp out (turning) and die later in life. Wow. I thought I was being mean, but Barb just does not want to be around everyone. I could see her jealous of Louise, just like I could read how someone explains why they killed the peaceful innocent girl in a massacre. Barb's self hate just tarnishes everything. People can change if they want to, but Barb does not have to change, she just has to learn to like herself and things will fall into place. She is not the super happy wish you well chick. There is nothing wrong with that. But if she liked herself and had faith in her own voice, she would NOT have made the choices that backed her into a corner that she is trying to dig a secret escape hatch. Think back to her first husband. If she told him she did not want to have children, she would have the love of a companion that truly wanted to be with her. She wanted to be with him as well, but she lied and cost herself happiness. That man may not have been wealthy as the Sinclaires or Blackwells but they could have built their own fortune and had the emotional connection of love, trust and protection. She blew it. Did the fates throw out a whammy and tie Thorne and Barb together or will they become a super couple? Only time will tell. I wonder if Aiden will talk to Noel and ask him if he loves him like daddy does. I want Aiden to start talking to others as well as Celeste. The fact that he is psychic is freaking fantastic. He can start testing or asking Celeste who might hear him. That would be so sweet. Can't wait for more!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

poisedpencilpoisedpencilalmost 11 years ago
Yay

Awesome update. Love the length. So worth the wait.

Glad a few more readers are starting to come around to see what you're trying to do with Barb. It is getting clear that something significant (at least to Barb) happened when they were kids that has made Barb jealous of Louise and the others. What I find fascinating is that Barb has suppressed the memory of that event no less powerfully than Noel is suppressing. The fact that she's hearing voices indicates there are some cracks in the facade which are getting bigger. But when will that memory return? What kind of power has been shut up behind that wall?

beautifulsongbeautifulsongalmost 11 years ago
Thoughts!

Now I am probably the only one that feels this way....but it seems to me that everyone in this story is so perfect and they can do no wrong except for Barb. I mean you want this story to seem ”real”, but it's like they all have this perfect halo around them except Barb. Everyone has faults and many readers, judging from some of the comments, feel that Barb should ”die” off so Thorne can have this perfect life...that in itself doesn't seem ”real” to me. Sorry for the mean comment, it's just how I feel....

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxalmost 11 years ago

I never though I would say this...but I hurt for Barb. It seems like she has set this world around her and isolated herself for nothing. She wants and deserves love but doesn't know how to receive it without thinking there is an alterior motive.

What do you do to unfreeze a heart of ice? What do you say so this family could be a family? Now that Aiden is soon to be born, will her heart change before then?

wisperingwillowwomanwisperingwillowwomanalmost 11 years ago
I don't think

I don't think it's that everyone is perfect... I think it's that everyone else has learned. They've made peace with themselves and their families. Barb doesn't know how or doesn't want to yet. She's still stuck in that feeling of being less than everyone. I've seen people act like they knew they were beautiful and still feel ugly. I've seen someone go from being poor which is what all of them did and become rich or relatively comfortable.

For Barb this is something all together different. She always felt she didn't have enough. She always wanted more. And the little things were never enough because they were never enough for everyone else she wanted to be like. It's jealousy but it's also low self esteem. She doesn't like herself. She doesn't trust herself. She doesn't trust or like anyone who has anything better than her. And unfortunately she won't. Not until something changes.

The changes are starting but not fast enough for this baby. Not fast enough for even a chance of love for her and Thorne. But they are happening. The only thing that worries me about Barb and for Barb is if it will be too late for her to find that peace that her family has.

It's her turn whether she wants it or not. And as we can see in this story she really doesnt want it. But I think that's because she's too scared to take a chance. Yes she's learning. But when you take a chance and it's given back to you in pieces do you try again. In the end, I think she's just afraid to say "Help me, Love me, I need you, I love you, Don't leave me here alone."

Now that I've said all my sappy stuff. Love this story! Love all your stories. Thanks for sharing!!

charligirl30charligirl30almost 11 years ago
I agree

Throughout all of the stories since she was introduced, Barb has been out for her. I will admit I disliked her completely and utterly. I want to go into the story and just slap the crap out of her... lol she is just one of those characters. She is also one that you cannot help but to read about. I was so excited when Thorne came out. I am so curious about Thorne and Noel Blackwell, as well as the story of why Barb is so bitter and hateful. I love it. I want to hate her but I cant. I actually pity her. I love ALL of your stories Kal, but the Sinclaire/Blackwell/Yancy stories are my favorite. I am also curious how you are going to work in The Queen of the Vampires and Reece. I see it coming.... Maybe. I think that would be awesome. Kal, you are beautiful writer and I hope you continue to post on here, but if not give us another page to go to... Please Post soon! Im dying here.

roseloveroselovealmost 11 years ago

I agree with what everyone has said. She really needs a reality check n hopefully that comes soon. Im glad shes getting better but she needs help n maybe if her family cant help her maybe thornes mom can help her or even each other. I really dont want to see this end where she hates everyone n shes not there for her baby. I dislike barb but my heart may brake for that lil baby.

MissPrimrose222MissPrimrose222almost 11 years ago
Worth the Wait!

You gave us a lot to think about in the six pages. What people don't realize is that each page on lit. is like 9 pages on a word document. It takes time, especially when you have a lot of other things going on. The effort is appreciated.

-

I always had faith in Barb, while there is no direct indication of any actual cause for her behavior, I have a feeling it will be revealed. I, for one, wouldn't like Barb to lose her grit and her feisty personality. Sometimes there is no distinct personality in the women in these stories and I think the reason Barb upsets some so much is because she is truly different from the rest of them. To me she is the most interesting of the women in these stories.

-

As for the others in her family members having the perfect, they don't. Sure they found love and are happy with their mates, but as part of the Vampire family they can't have a normal life like humans, although they do the best that they can. Money doesn't ease the fear of losing a member of your family to the hunters. Humans live with dangers, but there aren't people out there actively hunting for them, criminals don't count. Anyway, they have to be super vigilant all the time.

-

They can't go out during the day and they only seem to associate with other Vampires. There were a couple of Kal's Vampire stories where the men do associate with humans, including Thorne, but it's only superficial or to make them victims, they have no human friends nor do the women. I know that it's because they have to be so secretive about who and what they are.

-

The women have to live with the fact that either their mates raped them or raped hundreds or thousands of other women. What do these women, some long dead and their families get out of the Sinclairs being redeemed? Although this is fiction, I struggled with the concept of the Vampires getting redemption and it's the main reason I never read Ethan, even when I had the chance to do so for free. His poor wife is still having flash backs. So, if Barb's siblings have the perfect life, I don't know what perfect is. Barb is the only one who think their lives are perfect.

-

Having said all of that, I do enjoy the series and I like Barb's character very much, although her attitude could use some adjusting. I think she will fall in love with her baby and Thorne. Those two are working too hard trying NOT to care about each other. It may take some traumatic event like almost losing Thorn or the baby to bring her around. At some point I think we will see that Barb has some formidable powers, most of the Yancys do so far.

tammyppeterstammyppetersalmost 11 years ago
Intersting

I can not stand Barb. I will love for her to drop off the face of the earth. I love how she is afraid of the little girl. I just want the child to be okay. Most important I would love to know why she hates Louise so much. Looking forward to the next chapter.

butchie56butchie56almost 11 years ago
Just maybe

Just maybe when things are at their worst, Barb gives her best and saves the day?

Oh well, just dreaming a bit. I still think the fates had a reason for her and Thorne that has not been revealed.

Love the story Kalamazoo. Your top's in the story telling department in my book. :-)

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

I think Thorne is my favorite installment... at least for now I'm dying to read Victoria and Celeste

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkalamazoo707@kalamazoo707
Hello, I can't believe that it's been this long since I've visited this site, I've undergone many changes- many of them good and am contemplating returning to the world of writing. I know I have many unfinished stories and that's where I will start. I hope that all of you are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thorne Ch. 10 Previous Part
Thorne Series Info