All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 106'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisteralmost 6 years ago
Thank You Tefler !

Was going into withdrawal symptoms, have gotten used to multiple chapters every month.

The Story makes up for the pauses

Great Work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yes, Thank You

Thank you for all your time writing a wonderful story, you make the characters come alive, just a fantastic story, 5 stars like usual. Keep up the good work, and thank you again for your time.

JohnCKJohnCKalmost 6 years ago
The bad thing

Is that the chapter ends way to fast, i seriously could read this for hours..

GigzurGigzuralmost 6 years ago

Fucking fantastic. Can't wait to see what Dana makes with the new tech.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One of the best Interlude chapters

Fkn aces man. The date was perfect for the characters. The feelings of the whole chapter were captured perfectly.

Your editors should edit harodadtasnight the lady in red. The editing and flawlessnes of your story structure dialogue etc is perfect.

I've bee chewing my nails off waiting for this chapter. You didn't fail. Brilliant. Wish it was longer. Just like everyone else

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Woohoo! New Tech!

"Tachyon lance" sounds badass!

This also piqued my nerd-radar: "By 'a little', I actually mean a metric fuckton! How about 1600% more power?" So does this mean that metric fucktons are 16 times more than imperial standard fucktons? Tefler, please clarify. I need this for my fan-notes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Whoa, even more enhancements for The Invictus?

The question now. Is Invictus starting to suffer from Godzilla Earth syndrome? Is the ship starting to become all too powerful? Yes I know they eventually have to face The Black Ship, which is even more powerful. But Although it is fun to see John and the girls totally dominate the battleground, An even more powerful Invictus would take away from the suspense. As it is, the Invictus already are ridiculously overpowered compared to other ships.

But then again, they will ned that and more, if they are to survive the Progenitor War. As Tefler is a marvelous writer, maybe it could still work. Maybe if their enemies get stronger to.

When it comes to Jade being different, I seem to vaguely recall something about her being the original of the species, or their queen or something. That may be the reason she remembers her life. Then again Her brain has also been tampered with, by persons unknown. It shall be interesting to see where Tefler goes with this. I am also still hoping for more nymphs. It is sorely needed.

Helene strikes me as not much of a fighter. Her attitude are more of a positive, nurturing, life loving kind. But yes, i think she should get a power. But not something to do with battle. Maybe she to could get the healing touch. Rachel is only one person, and she can not be two places at once. Or maybe Helene could get some other protective or creative power.

Strange enough, even though I hate spiders(hate them with an everburning passion) I find i want the team to convince the queen to let them bring back the Vulkat.

And lets finally lay some serious smackdown on the Kirrix. I am looking forwards to that.

Anyway, thanks for a marvelous read Tefler. This was a very enjoyable chapter, and I am looking forwards to the next. I wish I had a time machine so i could read the next chapter right now, hehe.

Tefler, YOU ROCK!!!

HumensHumensalmost 6 years ago
Thank You Tefler

Since the very beginning of this tale, (and yes I have been reading along since the third chapter was posted) every time that I see a new chapter has been posted, the world gets a little brighter. I truly love the written word (my other half sometimes gets jokingly jealous of my reading) and no matter what is going on, when I see you have posted another chapter, I know that today is better than it was moments before. As always this chapter was wonderful reading. I never know what I will get when I open the page (epic battle, loving family, sexy situations, or tie-ins to another thread in the web. Usually all of the above). Thank you for what you do for all your readers.

MastiffK9MastiffK9almost 6 years ago
Helene

I agree with the creative touch for Helene. Something like the foundation of youth perhaps. An great story Tefler. Just wishing for the next chapter already.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
First comment

I've been reading since around chapter 70 and it was so great having so many chapters to get through, but now the wait is always awful. You do great work though so I'm not complaining keep up the good work.

On another note, i have to wonder, what if mal'renek (possibly spelled it wrong) is the one who tampered with jade. He could've done it in order to help john and made it so her memories only surface if she's with a progen who nurtires her. Could be a way of him fighting against his nature since we know in his later years he began to change.

-Alex

yeshua63043yeshua63043almost 6 years ago
Another nice chapter

I have been following your story for some time. I've bought the books on Amazon as they become available...but I'm getting concerned that it's approaching GOT status.

At the point in the story that it's at, publishing just ten pages per month is leaving me wanting. With all of the events which are still to come, as has been implied from whAt we already have read, I'm beginning to think it could be years before there is anything like a conclusion.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but over the last few months the story has progressed VERY slowly. I know I may be opening myself to great wrath, just speaking my mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
For all the people expressing concerns about the pace of new releases...

Let me just leave this here for you:

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html?m=1

Tefler is not your bitch. You don't want to wait: go away and continue not waiting elsewhere.

The release quality has stayed exceptional for 2 years. Back when it started there were 2 and 3 page releases. The releases have tripled in size with no reduction in impact. Carry on, good sir, and ignore the trifling individuals casting shade on your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

After reading 103 chapters uninterrupted the anticipation of a new chapter leaves me feeling like a kid on Christmas morning when a new one is posted. Love the story. Here's hoping you don't lose interest in it for the next decade or so. ;) Thank you for sharing your imagination and keep up the fantastic work.

OmniferisOmniferisalmost 6 years ago
5 *'s

I agree with Anonymous I really hope you fall in to the trap as other authors do and leave there readers wanting more from them and leave their stories dead. The new chapter was really good. And the cliff hanger at the end when they found all the new stuff was intreaging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Great Chapter in A Very Good Story

I am not an author or a critic but I have followed your work for a long time. I really like the chapters with the strong action as the Lion and his girls battle his various foes. I have really enjoyed the various stories of how and why he has added each of the girls to his crew. I am looking forward to the future stories and battles and I am really looking forward to the story of Charles and the Fleet Admiral. That said, I really enjoyed this chapter as much as any you have written. The battles are great, the mysteries intriguing, the new tech Dana comes up with fascinating but the love and personal interaction in this chapter is some of the very best you have written.

Thank you for your efforts. As I said I am not a critic but to my uneducated eye your work is improving with each chapter and you can really see it in this chapter. I have enjoyed all 100+ chapters and I hope there are a couple of hundred more.

Keep up the good work.

IjustcantstopIjustcantstopalmost 6 years ago
I was thinking I realy need a new chapter today

Thanks for the great work

mikecflmikecflalmost 6 years ago
A question for patrons

I wish to become a patron and want to know if I should get a prepaid card from some anonymous supplier or get a low limit card through my bank. Our account is paid off each month so using a bank card to me makes sense as long as it's different from our existing cards ( I'm hoping this is some protection ). We pay our bills electronically so this would be convenient but I don't wish to lose protection for convenience sake. There are plenty of credit card horror stories out there and don't wish to have one myself so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mikecflmikecflalmost 6 years ago
Tefler

I really enjoyed the chapter as Faye finally got her date and first kiss and when she told John she was cherry till the third date I laughed at that one. There were a lot of threads in this chapter that leave readers waiting to see how they conclude, some of which will be weeks or months in the future so please continue to write as all your fans will be looking forward to each chapter as it arrives. I can't say enough about this story and your talent, I try to find something between chapters to read but it's difficult to be interested in stories that just aren't as good. I look forward to the chapters to come as well as the sequel. Sincerely, thank you.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 6 years ago

Great chapter, but one thing does not exactly fit. When Lynette had her grand unveiling, she should have already been quite aware of her body, her young breasts. She may not have seen her face, but all the rest is sort of attached and has been actively enjoyed by Alyssa.

mikecflmikecflalmost 6 years ago
Gigzur

Your moderation update was VERY much appreciated, I'm e.s.t. and it posted about 7 hours after your comment. Anytime you wish to share that info in the future please do, all fan's will appreciate it whether they comment on it or not. Thanks again.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago

I am wondering about new tactics for the Tachyon Lances I think Dana is going to eventually develop.

One curious effect is that, unlike ordinary particles, the speed of a tachyon increases as its energy decreases. In particular, E approaches zero when

v approaches infinity. (For ordinary bradyonic matter, E increases with increasing speed, becoming arbitrarily large as v approaches c, the speed of light). Therefore, just as bradyons are forbidden to break the light-speed barrier, so too are tachyons forbidden from slowing down to below c, because infinite energy is required to reach the barrier from either above or below.

So the Invictus could fire its Tachyon Lances while in FTL. When those beams hit another ship the speed of the Tachyons becomes effectively zero (for Tachyons zero is the speed of light) in relation to the ship hull, making the mass of the particle beam approach infinity....even with that ship at FTL speeds. So basically, it would be like hitting a glass ship with a sledge hammer.

TheDesirable0neTheDesirable0nealmost 6 years ago
New AI?

That little segment with the construction bots has me really intrigued on how sentient they really are, can’t wait to see where Tefler wil take us. Looking foward to the next chapter.

Keep up the amazing work!

BigDog167BigDog167almost 6 years ago
Nice chapter

Another nice filler chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanalmost 6 years ago
Thank you good sir!

Awesome as always. 107 is already up on paetron so this should be a short wait..., I hope. Thanks Tefler. JT

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
The wait for 107

Actually, 107 part one is up....part two is not expected for another three days...So I suspect you will get 107 complete in about 10 to 12 days from now....if there are no interruptions to Tef's schedule.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
@mikecfl

Get a prepaid card...that way you control everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Beware Stobor!

Robert A. Heinlein, the grandfather of modern science fiction, wrote many stories with robots. I remember in one, I cannot remember the exact one, in which a teacher tells his students who are being sent off on a survival test to beware stobor. Stobor is robots spelled backwards. Here, in many chapters now, Tefler has written a few sentences here and there showing some surprising things with the robots on the Invictus. Now there’s this paragraph:

Unnoticed by the organic occupants of the Cargo Bay, the two robots floated to the left, then floated to the right, accidentally mirroring each other's actions and maintaining the impasse. The two robots stopped, their heads bobbing slightly in an odd shifting motion, almost as if they were laughing. Their red eyes glowed and each pivoted to their right, neatly avoiding each other. The oddest part of the whole interaction was the way the bot that had just entered the cargo bay patted his robotic comrade on the shoulder as they passed.

Now, has anyone else realized that ALL the robots are also running off the same progenitor super computer that Faye is? Faye has been rewriting their programming to help them with a variety of tasks. They have been adapted for multiple functions. Now they are demonstrating learning behavior and possibly emotional reactions as demonstrated by the one robot patting another on the shoulder. Does this not seem to be a self developing A.I.? Or multiple A.I.’s? They are independent robots acting independently, not coordinated as evidenced by the actions of these two above. Since the new super computer system upgrade, Faye developed multiple avatars. Why not something similar in these robots programs? They weren’t A.I. before but they now have that potential for growth in the new system, so why not evolve their programming too? At least that’s how it t appeared to me. Any thoughts on it?

Thank you and respectfully,

JAFCritic

wolverine006wolverine006almost 6 years ago
re: Beware the Stobor

The book was Tunnel in the Sky and in the end there weren't any robots. It is speculated that it was either a nod to Asimov, a red herring, or an abstruse RAH joke.

My guess is that it is Faye's programming both for her own, and anyone else who notices, amusement. She could have written a random routine that has a probability to occur say once in 1000 iterations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
re: Speed of releases

As far as I can tell, the problem is the editing. Judging by patreon releases, Tefler is generally writing at around the same speed he always has, once you factor in the increased chapter size and ebook releases. It's the editing that's been slowing down dramatically recently. The gap between Patreon release and literotica release used to be a lot smaller iirc, even in chapters with similar lengths.

SirCarlSirCarlalmost 6 years ago
Thanks Tef!

You, as others have said, just keep getting better. Keep on keepin on!

sailorchamp24sailorchamp24almost 6 years ago
Great chapter

Another fantastic chapter. Is there any news of when the next ebook will come out?

TREK1TREK1almost 6 years ago
To all Tefler fans

If you haven't figured it out yet here is a little something. the voting system leave us short to really vote how we want but I found out that if you look for updates constantly you can re-vote every now and then and in my eyes it's not cheating as five stars is not nearly enough to separate Tefler from the rest of the writers even with some other good writers around. This way we can give Tefler 15 to 20 stars like he deserves.

I've read all the comments on this chapter so far and I've got to agree with two fighting it out here. YES, I want a new chapter every day but not because I think Tefler is taking his, no, but because I'm so addicted to his story so to the one chill out, we all defend Tefler but are also all addicted and so to the other one, you can try and push Tefler to speed up but do it in a way to not offend him or the other readers, you WILL get hammered.

I was just going to page 3 of this chapter and then started glancing at the page number getting anxious as I know the end of the chapter is approaching, if that's not addiction then I don't know what is.

GO TEFLER and move your butt, we're waiting. Brilliant chapter once again and like one comment said hope there's hundreds more and then the sequel, just hope I live long enough to read the end of it all even if I have to turn 200 to get to read it all.

TK

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7almost 6 years ago
Thoughts on combat

As you read this chapter you come across one or two things that make you think.

The crews first line of defense is the Invictus. The second line is the Raptor and the, I forget the name of the battle droid.

Then there is there battle suits, personal abilities and fire arms.

However when Tefler introduced the hover bike. It occurred to me that they don't have any form of land based transportation.

Now if they militaris (i'm sure I spelled that wrong) the hover bike or designed a different form of transportation and defense while say they are running around a combat zone.

Like say a city. That way they needn't rely on there powers or air support to travel longer distances.

In conclusion by using Dana's abilities Tefler could design some kick ass ground based assault vehicles.

HmanlitHmanlitalmost 6 years ago
On the robots

The maintenance bots seem to be running semi independently. When they were first created Dana and later Irillith were writing and loading program for them. Later Faye took that over until now they are under her control but I'd guess running independently command structure wise.

However, there have been several times before this where the bots, including the housekeeping ones, acted suspiciously intelligently. It started iirc after the first Drakkar attack. It's pretty subtle. Later on one of the laundry got have John a high five spontaneously. Go back and re-read the series. There are several instances like this.

So this is not anything new. I'm curious to see where Tefler is going with this.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
So much for no such thing as FTL

So where does warp drive come into all of this? The NASA engineers also reported on the forums that they'd fired lasers into the EM Drive's resonance chamber and that some of the laser beams had travelled faster than the speed of light, at around 300,000 kilometres per second... suggesting that the EM Drive may have produced a warp bubble like the kind that allows travel faster than the speed of light in Star Trek.

"After consistent reports of thrust measurements from EM Drive experiments in the US, UK, and China - at thrust levels several thousand times in excess of a photon rocket, and now under hard vacuum conditions - the question of where the thrust is coming from deserves serious inquiry," the NASASpaceflight authors conclude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

Thank you Tefler for all that has happened and is yet to come.

My only regret is that there won't be a TV series to back up such an awesome story 😁

MM2KX

mikecflmikecflalmost 6 years ago
PLRUS

Appreciate your response on my question. Thanks

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 6 years ago
I am going to

have to completely re-read the entire story again. I keep having a thought that the robots were miss-behaving back before Dana built the Boys, I have this thought that the earlier cleaning bots did the odd strange thing (High fiving one of the crew after catching thrown laundry I think, possibly John)

Timmy4uTimmy4ualmost 6 years ago
Red spark

I don't remember what chapter it was but I remember when they were fighting Nexus that as they defeated him that a red spark jumped to the Invictus, and into the boys as they were being built.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What next?

Does anybody have a suggestion for a series to read while waiting for the next chapter?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
Timmy4u

Not sure that happened. The red lightening was the anihilator charging up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The story is very good.

I don't care what people say this story is very interesting and good. Please I look forward to the next update.

TREK1TREK1almost 6 years ago
To Anon

two other writers to follow is LTPC and Etaski

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Red spark

There was a scene shortly after the boys were introduced where the crew left the room where the boys were stored. After the lights turned off, a red light reflected off the boys’ faces, disturbingly.g

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Chapter 105 part 2

Teller ,

Sir , I read chapter 105 was too be a two part chapter. Why wasn't part 2 posted on here before Chapter 106 ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Other reads

One I recently enjoyed was swirling Jedi’s Prometheus project. Now I am binge watching babeloyn 5 on Amazon.

Tefler was going to make 105 a two parter but then just released part 2 as chapter 106.

The red spark thing was limited to the cannon on the moon as PLR noted. Perhaps the boys behavior might just be Faye’s programming rubbing off on them. The red glow thing might be something for the future, maybe not. One thing I have learned since following this story from the beginning is that you can only make assumptions on the plot. Then also too many have based assumptions on misreads. Tefler is still writing the story and it is his story to tell. So just sit back and enjoy.

TREK1TREK1almost 6 years ago
Anon

Another author to follow is Erinaceous, her "every man's Fantasy". they all help keep you occupied for a while until you're all caught up with them too, then you sit and wait on hot coals for more than one story, frustrating but accepted. We have to remember it's free and I for one really appreciate these stories.

TK

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely best

Thanks Tefler for the great series.

For those talking about editing, I would see this as a monumental effort. Just doing the 10 pages here takes a long time as it is much slower than just reading. Then you have to ensure that characters, storyline and items are consistent with past chapters, all 105 of them. Wow, what a big job. Have just editted a 5 chapter story and that was hard enough.

NewnotsureNewnotsurealmost 6 years ago
Okay my name is new I am. TSM addict

I need to have a fix can any one help. Dam cliffhangers do not make my addiction

any better.

Thanks Tefler your just going kill me slowly like drugs .Keep it up please

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
Hate to be the harbinger of Addictive discomfort

But Tefler just posted he has had family issues crop up again and that he has been slow to get part 2 of 107 finished (about half way). He is predicting 107 part duex to be up around the 30th of July on Patreon...so figure about the end of the first week in August here.

mikecflmikecflalmost 6 years ago
PLRUS

Thanks for that, really appreciate that update.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
John’s Father revealed!

Just kidding! 🤣

But i has a thought. Read the very beginning of this story. Remember Jonah, or 'Mad Jonah'? Well, the Earth empire is surrounded by all these other civilizations. Yet he is a deep spacer that’s gone beyond the outer rim. Tells all kinds of crazy stories. The kind of guy that you easily talk too and dismiss. Now if I was John’s progenitor dad, wanted to keep an eye on him, and maybe quietly guide him; that’s who I’d pretend to be. John knows him for years and talks to him. So wouldn’t that be a hell of a shocker! Jonah is John’s father!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Brilliant as always, I'd like to read about Fay getting an organic body instead of her present one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What’s the other differences...

Between Jade and her sisters? I keep feeling like Jade has s unique. So maybe she’s the only one with a crystal heart? She’s the only one who can shake off her progenitor programming? I don’t know but she’s something different from her sisters, that’s for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
John’s father

Hey Anon, your mad idea about “Mad Jonah” is cool! Very entertaining to entertain the idea!

hpinghpingalmost 6 years ago
Chapter 107 update

On Patreon has Tefler told that the first part of the second part of chapter 107 is out to the editors. He hopes that the second part of the second part of this chapter will be ready on July 30 - and if he has to much problems with the heat (like suffering under a heatwave) he hopes it will be July 31.

He hopes August will be calmer so he can get a chance to work on eBook 4 besides the obligatory chapter 108.

I hope that the heatwave breaks soon for anyone suffering under the heat, because it is counter-productive. wishing te be working in a nice swimming pool with a laptop... just remember water and electronics is a good way to write of the electronics and also for your life... Darwin award claiming is just a bad way to go!

As usual Thanks Tefler for the story.

P.S. Yes on Patreon there is some hints for chapter 107 made public, no major spoilers, but you have to go there to find out what the Master seems to prepare for us.

FervorFervoralmost 6 years ago
Faye telepathy

Why cant Faye be tied into their telepathic network? The tech has already been shown by the Ashinath that allows for telepathic thoughts to be turned into data, so they can communicate with other species. Shouldnt the reverse be relatively simple? Obviously the psychic people generate their own power and ranges, but at the very least i would expect her to be able to communicate within range of the Invictus's comm range. It just seems helpful for combat, seeing as how psychic communication is faster, and they wouldnt need to rely on a person to relay between them

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanalmost 6 years ago
Thanks hping

For the update

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
Fervor

That has been pointed out before. Suffice to say, Tefler has a plan and he just isn't going to spill the beans about it yet. I also suggested a crown with an updated Ashanath psychic amplifier....but Tefler didn't want to make anything that easy just yet. But I suspect that will happen eventually...like when John goes back after the laviathans in the Astral Plane again.

FervorFervoralmost 6 years ago
PLR

Thanks for the info. Faye is my favorite

And as always, thank you, Tefler, for the story!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 6 years ago
Ebook 3 is out on Amazon

My third eBook is now available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C6GQC99

Like the first two books, this is a special edition version of chapters 21-30. I've rewritten them to improve punctuation and grammar, expanded scenes and added some new ones. I hope you enjoy it!

TREK1TREK1almost 6 years ago
To all waiting addicts of TSM

Another good story to read and follow while waiting on Tefler to release another dose of TSM is "There and Back Again" by ElyssaCousland.

I've got a list of about 10 stories to try and keep me busy while waiting but it just makes for a bigger reading and waiting list. DRIVING ME NUTS in a good way

Keep the doses coming Tefler, although we bug, complain and yell at you for the next chapter, I believe everyone who starts reading your stories are doomed to addiction.

TK

bob9bob9almost 6 years ago

Does ebook 3 fix the issue with chapter 21 where Sparks is referred to as Dana before she reveals it as her new name?

""Very much." Dana purred. "I wish you could stay inside me all the time!""

hellinahelmethellinahelmetalmost 6 years ago
Row, row your boat...

Gently down the stream...then as usual, BANG, leave us with a great hook for the next chapter...waited to read 105 and 106 together, wow what a rush! Thanks again "Tef" for keeping the last couple of years exciting. You do a bang up job on your story line and character development sir, excellent...we know them all intimately...Thank you for constantly improving and raising your standards of writing for us...

Test_PatternTest_Patternalmost 6 years ago
The Adventures of John Blake

The latest book by Philip Pullman "The Adventures of John Blake"

The sex is nowhere near as good (non-existent)

Is that long enough for a review??

hpinghpingalmost 6 years ago
Start the countdown

TSM-addicts be advised: Tefler has just released the second part of chapter 107 on Patreon. So after the usual time for moderation and rewriting I hope that it will go live here and on SOL in about 14 days (I hope).

I hope I can survive the waiting...

Thanks Tefler for the story.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanalmost 6 years ago
Need it sooner

Please I beg of you admins! Moderate quicker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
That was too easy!

While John is away beating back the Kirrix and finding out about his mom, I was expecting Larn’kelnar to sneak in and use his “vats” to enthrall half the Maliri and cause a massive civil war.

Oh well, he’ll just have to make do with the Enshunu...

GigzurGigzuralmost 6 years ago
@anon

The Maliri have been "claimed" by John. Meaning their entire race is now effectively immune to any attempt at enthrallment from another Progenitor.

GigzurGigzuralmost 6 years ago
Edit

Nevermind, I misread your comment. My bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Jade backstory

Jade backstory

Jade's backstory has some worrying aspects. Re-reading the whole of TSM (again!) has left me wondering about Jade's past. We have been told her progenitor "freed her and her sisters to Lenarra for their services". Yet when wandering spacemen encounter the nymphs, the nymphs are under their pre-existing compulsion to take new masters. Does this imply that their former progenitor master is dead? If so, does it also imply that their progenitor master failed to forsee his death? Or that he had simply relinquished his mastery over them? There is a more worrying possibility - the nymphs were told they were receiving Lenarra and left there to provide an indication of the spread of races through that sector of space. Their disappearance from Lenarra would, because of their immortality, be prima facie evidence of intrusion by males of some other progenitor-founded race. No matter what the backstory, the nymphs were never going to be able to maintain their planet, because their inbuilt need to be the most alluring sex object for a master was not modified. No wandering spacefarer who encountered such a nymph would countenance leaving her on Lenarra, so their future there had to be extremely limited. In fact, the whole backstory seems more like a convenient lie to cover some other foible or machination of the nymph progenitor.

Hmmm. Seems like only several more episodes will likely be necessary to fill in the missing information.

So thank you Tefler, for all the hours of reading, the extremes of suspension of belief engendered by TSM. A brilliant effort, and desperately awaiting the future revelations!

digamadigamaalmost 6 years ago
Spycraft is serious business

One thing I don't understand is why people aren't taking hiding Lynette's transformation more seriously. If she is revealed, horrible things will happen. The Terrans already have an example of an admiral who mysteriously becomes suddenly beautiful and also turns traitor (Gabrielle), although I'm not sure how much of that was known to High Command. Still, I think they would come to the conclusion pretty quickly that Lynette's loyalties have changed, and it might even be perceived as an attempted coup by the Lion. Alternatively, they might just think she is an imposter, and having an imposter in your head of government would not be taken lightly. Given her backup it is unlikely that she will die even in the worst case scenario, but it would do a huge amount of damage to Terran relations.

I suppose everyone is just confident with Dana's skills with the holo-projectors, but we have already seen that it's not a particularly stable solution (try not to touch people or talk). With all this in mind, Lynette is effectively living a lie, having to be constantly on guard against any slip-ups while being watched by the whole Federation. It will be horribly stressful for her. So I'm surprised that no one seems to be concerned about this. I would have counseled against the makeover for exactly this reason. It's not like she can even use her new look since she's in hiding! Unless she gets good at the Superman/Clark thing...

I hope she finds a way to legitimize her new body so she can live without all the cloak and dagger.

TarlosoTarlosoover 5 years ago
Yes

Yes... another good chapter.

Yes... More twists

Yes... Annoyed that I want the next chapter today..

Thanks..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
About Jade/nymph backstories

Why couldn’t it be as simple as Mael just not removing all the coding built into the nymphs because he simply couldn’t? He made them to be what they are, maybe he couldn’t undo all those changes. Perhaps he simply didn’t know how. John is unique, as far as we know, among progenitors. And it’s taken a long time for him to change Jade into the person she is now. Probably, Mael could not convince of that person, so he couldn’t make that change happen.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 5 years ago
This still has me wondering

Unnoticed behind them, the hull of the Invictus was shrouded in a faint nimbus of light, the radiance centred where the amorous couple had been kissing. It slowly faded out of sight as the group walked away, leaving the jet black hull glistening with a dark sinister lustre. What does Tefler have in mind?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Chapter 108

When is chapter 108 coming I can't wait I love the story

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
Chapter 108?

If all is well, Tefler is now cranking on 108, chapter 107 is out on Patreon and we are waiting for that chapter to appear here and on SOL. Also is he cranking on eBook 4 so we can expect that to appear in the near future, if all goes well.

The eBooks give a lot of more information in each chapter, which meshes nicely with the story here, so reading them is advised...

Thanks for the story Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
more

i need more, and i hate that ive been waiting for what feels like a month for this new chapter, when is chapter 107 comin out on literotica

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 5 years ago
Fix required

Well we hope to see it as Tefler said he would do but life does get in the way 107 should be sent in soon he said 10 days after he posts it on patreon . So it is 10 today so he could be sending it in tomorrow for approval but please don’t quote me it will be here when it is here. Can anyone spare me a fix please I really need one bad just till Thursday

TREK1TREK1over 5 years ago
Hi Tefler

Are we going to see 107 anytime soon? It's really getting long in between chapters. family coming to visit and stuff but the withdrawal symptoms are getting VERY REAL.

Please let us know how much longer.

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
clarity

Tefler said that he would release the chapters one behind Patreon, if memory serves me correctly. So when 108 is released on Patreon, 107 will be submitted to the moderators here on lit.

TREK1TREK1over 5 years ago
Anon

Ummm no, I cannot remember Tefler ever saying that, I might be wrong but I'm following TSM basically right from the beginning, I used to be an anon as well for the longest of times. I do realize the timeline between chapters have almost doubled though with Tefler giving an advantage for those who can join on patreon as well as working on the ebooks and I sympathize with that. I'm just waiting to feed my addiction and it's getting a bit too drawn out, to the point where I start to forget what happened in the previous chapter.

TK

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 5 years ago
Tefler

Can you please let us know how you are going to release the chapters please let's here it from you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

107 is actually a 2 parter covering after the big battle, I'm sure Tef will post it when he's happy with it (final edits and all that)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Summer

Let the man enjoy his summer, and enjoy yours too. It's damn hot everywhere, I'm sure we can all find other thing to do to keep ourselves entertained while Tef enjoys family time. Yes I know we are all quite addicted to this story, but remember, we are not paying him, we are not his keeper, or employer. Let the man be. He will post when it's done and I'm okay with that.

TarlosoTarlosoover 5 years ago
Grrrrrrrrr......arghhhhhhh......

20 days,. You know that your addicted when you check back for the next chapter.....every two hours....I just can't wait to see what's going to happen next

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 5 years ago
You see

We get all kinds of reports from anonymous all I ask for is some feed back from the author not someone who thinks it is this way or that. Sorry just asking about a story I do like reading.

John

TeflerTeflerover 5 years agoAuthor

I'm still editing chapter 107. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap that up tomorrow, then I'll submit it for moderation. I'm about half-way through chapter 108 at the moment.

Tefler

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 5 years ago
Thank you Tefler

Thank you for the reply now we know and will wait for our fix. Heck going to need to have a few shots just to get through this lol

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
Well, 107 is coming!

And it is over 60k words!!! Like 20-21 pages! By the middle of next week!!!

TarlosoTarlosoover 5 years ago
Thks

Much appreciated.. I'm just a fan, eagerly awaiting the next chapter. It's tough to wait when you need to know what is going to happen next. Keep up the great work and I'll wait with bated breath for 107

TREK1TREK1over 5 years ago
Tefler

YES, joining Tarloso in his sentiment of waiting for the next chapter, yes I know I/we bug you a lot about when the next chapter is coming but I think you've figured out a long time ago that there's no way we will ever drop you and your story/stories ever and we WILL wait for the next chapter to come, it's just the excitement and anticipation that drives us to try and push you to be faster. To be honest, I won't mind a new 20 pager every day, that's how good your story is and you deserve more then 5 stars, that's why I keep voting every time the stars allow me to, you deserve it, KEEP GOING FOREVER (or if you have to stop, as long as possible then).

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why use Terra instead of Earth?

I've always wondered about this, but too afraid to ask. I've seen this in StarCraft too.

I know Terra is the Roman version of Gaia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Terra

Terra is latin for Earth, in scifi terra is ofter simply used as a future substitute for references to the planet earth.

Rkt

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fix needed?

Read chapter 84 to "tide" you over.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
@ realusmctazman

On the scene where the armor on the Invictus started glowing. Tefler has been asked about that specifically by me. His response was he wanted to foreshadow John's growing psychic abilities. The armor is not psychically reactive and that is what was going on. Nothing sinister or like having a living ship.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
Sighs

Read: "is now psychically reactive", not, "not psychically reactive".

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
Hey PLRUS

Need help. Became a patron on the 11th but can't read 107 on my year old HP laptop. Pop up says I don't have an app for it, also says do something with a default setting or app or something. Any way you can help or direct me to help? Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Glowing armor

I’m wrong again, looking back I assumed the glowing was foreshadowing (fore glowing?) Athena.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
@Mikel

Download the free reader OpenOffice. It will open and read it easily. I use Goggle Chrome to access patreon. BTW: If you want to join Discord let me know.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES