All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 109'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
First comment

Thanks for the chapter. Going to read it

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
telfer does it again

5 stars as per usual. love your work good sir. The fat Tony, Pearl and Kelli story line had me engrossed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well, congrats.

You managed to get me to stay up to 4 AM on a Tuesday.

Great chapter!

Please don't make us wait so long for the next one! ;(

ncpetencpeteover 5 years ago
Heck of a Fight

Enjoyed it as always. Looks like the the enemies are learning to compensate a bit. I am always happy to see your name in the new stories listing. Thanks for sharing the update with us.

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
Another major battle

Wow, just wow. And what a cliffhanger at the end.

I know now what the Kirrix drive was, and knowing that comes a form of forgiving, the continuation of the species but at what a cost for all the races which were not psychic. No wonder the Kirrix are hated by all races, but I think the progenitor who created the Shroud will be next on ALyssa's and Jon's wishlist for some corrective and educational actions.

I wonder who the progenitor was, and if he is the one who attacked Mael'Nerak. Maybe a new progenitor beside John, his father, Mael'Nerak's enemy, Mael'Nerak and of course Alyssa; relations and overlap ignoring.

Possibilities: Mael'Nerak is John's father; Mael'Nerak's enemy is John's father, the new Progenitor is John's father; the Black Ship Progenitor is John's father; yet an other Progenitor is John's father. The only known female Progenitor is Alyssa, but her origin is wel documented.

Well, back to waiting for 110 starting now... and of course reading the discord pages on this story...

Thanks Tefler for this installement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another great chapter.

I applaude the story so far and think that Tefler has grown as a writer in leaps and bounds.

This was another thrilling chapter that shows how much everyone has grown in strength and ability.

I will eagerly (and paitiently) await the next installment.

DraigTywyllDraigTywyllover 5 years ago
I like this

It’s always nice when the villains are given a reason for being evil

AlunCarregTheWelshmanAlunCarregTheWelshmanover 5 years ago
SO Hard To

it's so hard to wait A MONTH for the next chapter ,but i will look forward to next chapter with great eagerness

FrikaFrikaover 5 years ago
Well done again.

Well worth the wait for another chapter of TSM , and yet another lead or two unfolds as for future story lines , Teffler at his best work again. Bug splatter massacre as I anticipated, not disappointed , another possible ally for John if he lifts the Shroud ? Take a bow Teffler, you earn it ..

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
Can you imagine

The reaction of the Terran Fleet when they come out of hyperspace and see an entire fleet of Kirrix, along with a Dreadnought Class, completely destroyed by just the Invictus? One being cored through from stem to stern? LOL...would love to see their faces!

SVDIP110SVDIP110over 5 years ago
Re: So Hard to...

Yes I agree. While we wait for a month for another great read can someone please recommend any other great series like this? I've read Endengered by LTPC.

If not time to read for 2nd time I guess

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worth every seconds....

Waited the story for every seconds and it was worth it.

hardheadd1hardheadd1over 5 years ago

Dam. It took you long enough. Getting slow in your old age? LoL

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT THE???????????!!!!!!!!!!?

Holy Shit, this chapter is more intense than all the other chapters concerning the Kirrix. But now it gives more insight into what they are doing!!!!!

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 5 years ago
With a deep sigh of contentment

Now to re-read this chapter to see what little nuggets are still hidden in it. I believe the shroud is from something a prog used to hide after his defeat and it caused all this trouble..., I guess John will have to visit his place of conception. Thanks Tefler!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

Tefler.. thanks a lot for sharing this story with us.. and for the person looking for other stories.. read Silvertree Chronicles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Alas, we can only give 5 stars

Every chapter is better than the last. Worth every excruciating painful second of the wait!

Thanks for sharing your epic adventure Mr. Tefler!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Great Chapter

Action packed! Looking forward to the extermination of these bugs.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
New Tag

Tefler tagged this chapter with "Over 9000." Awesome.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 5 years ago
Oh yes

Once again you have shown your mastery of both the genre and the written word. The story is so well-balanced and so intricately planned. Smooth as silk on glass.

Ave Caesar

C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstriderover 5 years ago
Awesome!

Another 5 star, action packed chapter, Tefler! I salute you sir! I really like how you took a different approach with the Kirrix and their reasoning for attacking Terran space and everything they've done in the name of survival. Almost like a hybridization of the Rachni from Mass Effect and the Zerg from StarCraft! Bravo!

About your writing skills, they have certainly improved since you posted your first chapter back in 2015. A few typos here and there, but nothing big and it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the story. I will say this much about your current skill set; you're not quite at R.A. Salvatore's level but you are close! You are most certainly in the same league as he is! Keep on keeping on! Cheers!

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 5 years ago
Another 5

If the chapter hadn't been a five by itself the "over 9000" tag would have earned the score...

If I weren't supremely grateful for the privilege of reading this for free, I'd be screaming MORE right now. It's not quite a cliffhanger, but damn close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Strange Old Debris

What was that in the mine? More information about the progenitors?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
D A M N you did it again

Just finished binge reading the whole story again and man have you got the art of story telling down to a science. Pun intended. Great story and now I have to wait for the next chapter.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

After 2 ok chapters of character development and emotional mush (of a very high standard to be fair) a whole chapter of pure hardcore violence. Absolutely brilliant. The scope of your story telling and narrative arc just takes my breath away.

This really made my day.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 5 years ago
Another great chapter.

What a captivating series.

And it keeps getting better!

Thanks, Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This was great....i hope to read more from you sir ...5/5.thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tefler, please post until the end of the story that is 3 square meals

You will have legions of paetrons in the future and even though many read this particular story here at lit without paying you, its a worthwhile investment of time and effort as a full time writer to post until three square meals is finished. The reasons being:

1) people here are more likely to contribute through ideas and inspire artwork to enrich your officially complied and published volumes especially since they want you to keep posting and feel guilty about not paying you and want to help out.

2) marketing your writing in a digital age without spending a cent.

3) you are not a cruel person if John is any indication. Your imagination likely has unlimited potential to make you the next billionare writer with any number of sequels or new tales so please don't leave this unfinished here.

P.s. in case of untimely death like Robert Jordan please make arrangements with another writer to finish this tale. The alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

Regards,

Kirk

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thoughts after a second reading

Re: the strange old metal. It’s tan, that’s an Achonin thing, IIRC. Perhaps Karron is a remnant of one of their worlds.

Here’s what strikes me as interesting: the progenitor that was at war with the Kirrix didn’t finish the job. Couple that with the fact that the Shroud wasn’t established until much later and one conclusion jumps out. Mael’nerak stopped his conquests after rejecting the astral beasts. He sacrificed himself to destroy Ranagon but the great destroyer just wound up marooned on a planet in Kirrix territory. Ranagon’s ship is incapable of eliminating this threat so he builds the Shroud to cause them to die off. It doesn’t work as planned but the bugs have no reason to land on a planet devoid of sentient life.

Flash forward a few millennia and a young scientist named Jessica lands near the crash site.

I think we’re finally going to get the truth in the next few chapters. I don’t see it happening until at least 111 but probably a little later.

MalkeusMalkeusover 5 years ago
You rock!

This is awesome!

katranmankatranmanover 5 years ago
Again

Tefler you've killed it again! Great action packed chapter! I had to go back and re-read it to make sure I didn't miss anything. Can't wait for the next one. 5***** stars as always.

litreader9696litreader9696over 5 years ago
It figures...

I wait up until the local 2 a.m. update for new stories/chapters to be released...and nothing. But I feel under the weather, go to sleep hours before I usually do, and there's the new chapter when I wake up in the morning!!! Just my luck.

Anyone else reminded of Star Wars Imperial Guards when the queen's red armored guards showed up?

I am wondering if Alyssa is going to scare the Kirrix so badly that they withdraw from all Terran and Trankaran territory. Whether or not they leave all the captive and infested humans behind is up to how badly she scares them. The Kirrix all stopping at the same time did strongly remind me of the scene in Stargate SG-1 when Daniel stops the Replicators dead in their tracks while Repli-Carter is probing his mind.

Am I the only one who is curious why both the Progenitor and Kirrix queen's shields and Kirrix ship construction, is made up of hexagon panels??? Is it a metaphysical law in this story, is the hexagon Tefler's favorite geometric shape, or is there a historical connection?

I am looking forward to what the Grand Engineering Overlord will make next, namely the upgraded Reaper Cannon, now that they discovered an enemy that can negate it. Can you say Tachyon Reaper??? That's a little scary, seeing as the Reaper Cannon is the standard Thrall weapon. At least if she can upgrade it, it probably answers the question of whether or not Dana is merely copying Progenitor tech, or capable of inventing new designs of her own.

As I suggested in a previous chapter's comments, I am waiting for her to circle back around to the Paragon armor. It's been far too long since the last upgrade, aside from how many times the Crystal Alyssium is shaped. Now if Dana can master the material the Legacy and all other Progenitor flagships are made of for their armor...lookout. They would only need shields for non-energy attacks then.

I had also been thinking about another tech issue, but Tefler dropped an answer to that in my lap early on in the chapter...and then I forgot it. Now I'll just HAVE to reread the whole chapter to find it. lol

SirCarlSirCarlover 5 years ago
5 stars plus!

Keep on keepin on! You have no equal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There's no stopping you

Another brilliant chapter. It was great to see new weapons abilities etc but you also tempered it so it wasn't a cake walk. That added so much more to the story.

Still loving the Karron story side plots.

Thanks tefler

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeover 5 years ago
Outstanding story!!! One minor note...

I'm sure you've heard this, but just in case, insectoid creatures with exoskeletons cannot have Femur, Tibia, etc bones.

Not sure what the correct word would be, I'm not that smart.

Nonetheless, outstanding writing sir.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

Respect,

FDD

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

Oh my, that was an awesome chapter Tefler! The mind wars with the Kirrix were brilliant, the action so exciting, and I was truly touched when Tashana's PTSD triggered. It's hard to write that sort of thing without understanding the condition, I don't know if you have experience with it or not, but it was a really well written scene, from Shan's point of view and her family's, thank you for the care you put in to that scene. It stirred me.

The rest of the chapter was mind-blowing, how do manage to cram so much into 10 pages? I'm intrigued by John's plans for Helene too.

Thankyou for your hardwork and I will await the new chapter with excited anticipation.

MadMacs2010

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
another great chaper

I fear the day that this story comes to a end....I just simply love it

William

FrognutFrognutover 5 years ago
Great Story

I finished binge reading another part in this Awesome story of yours'.

let's see I stared at 10:30 pm and finished 12:00 am and I go to work at 3:30 am damn that is going to suck but I just can't help it I have to know where this is going next.

I am glad to see John taking more of his powers form his little bitch guide.

And Alyssa is a force of her own.

This Story is my addiction, please continue I am jonesing for next month already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Source for Tefler's story may have been discovered.

With the latest war against the Kirrix, and the corresponding discovery of mysterious deep space flashes having been reported (https://www.space.com/42085-mysterious-fast-radio-bursts-new-discoveries.html) I think the source of Tefler's inspiration may have finally been revealed. Now we just need to find the intra-galactic news feed he's using for his source!

Sorry to out you bro...

Wh00sherWh00sherover 5 years ago

Back to what kept me reading this series after the last few chapters didn't feel to be progressing as much.

Absolutely outstanding!

CeruleanBlueCeruleanBlueover 5 years ago
Great Job, Tefler!

Another good chapter. I eagerly await the next installment. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very interesting

One of the very best authors out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Write faster !

Ahhh ! And now you will make me wait another month. Faster. Faster.

Laughing,, I guess it is a compliment. But dang !!!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

MarconMarconover 5 years ago
Speechless

What can i say its amazing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I said it before, I’ll say it again:

PUT THIS MASTERPIECE TO PRINT/E-BOOK AND TAKE OUR DAMN MONEY!

Turn this story into a series of books like the Harry Potter franchise. Also, you can not only expand your audience but your profit margin as well by offering the books with amended/altered sex scenes to make it suitable for teens. A good editor could flesh out these books (with your help) into 10-12 books EASILY! You are a damned phenomenal writer and I haven’t enjoyed and been surprised by a story this much since reading The Lost Boys (Orson Scott Card) and The Beach House (James Patterson). Keep on creating, and when you use my ideas, don’t forget the 3,7% of the gross profits you owe me.

hudsinihudsiniover 5 years ago
It takes so long.

Teller. Again you leave me waiting for another chapter. You have spoilt this site for me. No other story seems to hold my attention like it did. What will I now so with my time, I may be forced to spend it with my wife and children again. Please abandon everything else in your life and spend your time writing for your devoted followers. In fact screw the rest of them just write for me. Misery springs to my mind. Truthfully I Am grateful for your story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awaiting Ch. 110

I enjoyed this series so much throughout the last weeks. Everything about it is absolutely magnificent. Gladful, I could read through the previous chapters like this. I can not imagine the agony to wait a month in between. For future ideas before the inevitable fight with John's alter ego and things missing out (intentionally?): Where are all those nymphs? What happened to the market station, what's John doing with the profit? Can John experiment with geo forming planets?

The hookers from Karron do become Lionesses, I hope. If so, please let John be a more important part in their lifes other than "healing" them. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best of the Best

Best of the Best

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

If Alyssa can keep her desire for revenge under control or in John stops her from killing the Queen there may be a chance for a peace treaty. If the scene we saw on Karron where the Kirrix fled back to their ships is repeated then hundreds of thousands of captives may be taken away from rescue and treatment.

If however John makes a peace treaty then he could demand the release of all prisoners including in Trankaran space and a promise from the Kirrix to never attack again. He probably would have to go an solve the problem of this "Shroud" but he was already planning on going into Kirrix space to investigate his parents.

This would massively help both the Trankaran Republic, as they were fighting a delaying action till their new, more powerful ships were built, and the Terran Fedaration as they are still rebuilding after the Kintark attack.

John could also either enlist the Kirrix in the coalition that he is building or at least scare away them by mentioning the upcoming Progenitor War. This would secure another of the T-Fed borders from attack, allowing them to reroute more ships to the newly ceded Kintark world's, the same world's the the Brimorans are about to try and conquer. Even after all the battles and upgrades the Invictus is still racing around trying to save the day and that doesn't look to be stopping any time soon.

Spare a thought for the Malari fleet that John sent out. They were first going to Ashanna to defend against the Drakkar, then got rerouted to help fight Kirrix in the Trankaran Republic, then got detoured to fight in the 2nd Battle of Terra, then when they finally get to Trankaran space the war could be over with nothing to do but get ship upgrades.

I feel that one of the reasons that John has not given Helene powers or weapons training is that he is trying to rebel against his heritage. The fact that he hasn't turned her into a warrior is John proof to himself that he isn't evil like other Progenitors, and that he can overrule his genetics. Fayes argument that John and the girls need Helene's innocence so they can readjust after the fighting has finished has merit.

We have seen the remorse, self loathing and depression after battles due to massive casualties and to have someone on the ship like Helene who can lead them back to a normal life without fighting and killing will be very important. She can also spend months teaching everyone how to be a parent, even though she never had children herself she has helped take care of potentially hundreds of babies in her life and the Invictus needs a major remodeling to get it baby proof. Cots, change tables, play areas and a nursery are just some of the things that will need to be built.

ringill98ringill98over 5 years ago
@I said it before, I’ll say it again:

You're a little behind the times there I'm afraid as the first 30 chapters are available on Amazon in 3 volumes both as e-books and for the first 2 in paperback as well. Just search for John Blake.

Tefler did say on Patreon he'd start work on the 4th volume this month.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This chapter leads me to believe that Alyssa isn't completely in control of herself. Well, this and the chapter where she was basking in the retelling of an orgy between Edraele and her wards. Whatever happened to her in the past has damaged her and she appears to have her head in the sand about confronting said past. She drowns herself and those around her in positive sexual escapades as a way of washing away previous experiences, but it's not working. If not with John or Rachel, she needs to speak to somebody. Jade makes an excellent candidate because of her history. Maybe it would give her a chance to gain perspective and grow into somebody better adjusted. Just my opinion, but she'll be the first to crack underneath the pressure if they don't confront the problems of her mental well-being.

Finding a psychic race to do battle with should help remind the crew that everybody needs to spend time training their abilities beyond what they have already done. Find new ways to utilize these tools in battle. One thing they (see: Alyssa) haven't tried in a long time was to nullify psychic abilities. We know it can be done as a dome of sorts centered around a point, but maybe it can be targeted (one directional) or selective (affecting one or more persons but not others in a group). They might even try out combinations with other psychics. Tashana and Sakura could mix their abilities to create a fog/mist to cover a stealth approach or something.

This chapter was one of the most interesting seen in a while and I have great respect for the characters are developing. Even if I'm not looking forward to seeing all the ways they change, I know it's for their own good in the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Updates on 11..??

Tef,

As always, another amazing chapter. The entire fight had a certain inevitability to it, coupled with their invincible powers. However, the super soldier bugs and their shields were a different ball game all together. This should get John n Alyssa thinking about how much they'd need to grow and their fighting prowess - sheer numbers could possibly overpower them. It brings a new set of conditions n weapons to the attack.

Any updates on 110 soon..?..seeing that its up on Patreon for abt 2 weeks now..hopefully, all the edits are processed and we get to see 2 more chapters this month.

Cheers Mate - Neel

brireaderbrireaderover 5 years ago
Alyssa needs a sword

Or better yet, I totally thought she was going to manifest a pure energy lightsaber. She could also use a thousand 10mm balls of 15x shaped Chrystal to perform headshots to an approaching army. Either would not be a far stretch from what she was doing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I can only repeat that this is yet another brilliant chapter. Thanks for writing this to share with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No sex but still 5 stars

Lets have some victory loving in the next chapter.

gauntlet211gauntlet211over 5 years ago
No sex

Tbh i prefer the slow lowering of sex chapters it feels more and more like a novel now, and i love it! Sex is fine in novels don't misunderstand me, but i do prefer that sex isnt in every chapter. Thats just my preference, i love the balance that Tef is striking in this series, i enjoy it throughly i love the epic battles, the romance, the anguish. He is weaving a masterpiece and i enjoy it, while i think his writing still needs improvment as far as flow hoes, i think he has both come a long way, and far surpasses many mainstream writers. Thats just my take though ignore if you want. :)

TheDesirable0neTheDesirable0neover 5 years ago
Question upon reread

I know that the Punisher Railgun is being phased out by the new Reaper Cannons, but I recently noticed a detail that wasn’t really addressed, or at least I missed it. Now, I know the Railguns have a low power mode that suppresses the noise of the firing, but wouldn’t the hypersonic Crystal Alyssium rounds still break the sound barrier? The sound of the bullet breaking the sound barrier should be distinctive to the enemies of the Terran Federation and I would expect them to at least react to shots. I know that John now has psychic speed now, but I’m refering back to the times like when they rescued Mateo from the Kintark. Anyone is welcome to answer and thanks beforehand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love it!!!

I impaitiently await every new chapter. Many other commenters appear to feel the same way.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rail gun sound suppression

Ch21 Dana explains

"When I encountered the noise problem, I remember the sound dampening field from the nightclub back on Gravitus, so I built in a miniaturised version to suppress the soundwave from the muzzle.

TheDesirable0neTheDesirable0neover 5 years ago
@Railgun sound suppression

I know that Dana has suppressed the initial sound of the railgun firing, but that’s not what I’m concerned about. A projectile that is supersonic (hypersonic in this case) would normally make a crack as it flies by, and most soldiers are able to recognize it and can tell that they are under fire. I just don’t know if Tefler ever addressed the issue because, in the real world, the only way to eliminate this problem is by using subsonic ammunition, which John and the girls are obviously not using.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

When are we getting the next chapter tefler ????

GigzurGigzurover 5 years ago
@TheDesirable0ne

Tefler never addressed this. He probably didn't think about the shock wave that follows supersonic objects in flight. It would be impossible to address it now after so long without breaking the 4th wall.

I don't mind the physics inaccuracies because it's a sci-fi fantasy story.

Another example would be hitting anything with something that is traveling close to or faster that the speed of light. Both objects would be instantly annihilated and emit massive amounts radiation, gamma rays, and x-rays in a faction of a second. Killing anyone not properly shielded within a radius dependent on the mass of both objects.

gregsjlngregsjlnover 5 years ago
Happy to see you here.

Thought you'd given up on us when I saw your books on Amazon .

gauntlet211gauntlet211over 5 years ago
Sound suppression

Dont think that particular of the issue has been adress, nor do i think it will.

Most people honestly think its the gun that makes the noise not the exit of the bullet. And without an understanding of it that is perfectly normal, which is why people think supressing the inital sound is all that matters.

If i sound rambly im sorry, ive had a rough day and im tired AF correct me as yall want.

Not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack here :P

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@TheDesirable0ne

You will be sorely disappointed if you expect things like that to match up with reality. The sheer amount of hand-waving is too ridiculous to bother wasting time on such tiny details. If anything, this chapter is the worst of the lot, in terms of ignoring reality.

For just one example:

Spaceships do not have vast tanks of oil inside them. None of the ships in this universe should have "oily smoke billowing from scores of locations all over its pockmarked hull". Or " smoke belching from gun ports".

No one would be stupid enough to have the volatiles required for that kind of smoke on their ship. Fire in space is universally BAD. This was just a litany of hollywood tricks for dramatic effect.

TheDesirable0neTheDesirable0neover 5 years ago
Probably just because of story flow

Yea, I guess you guys are right, Tefler probably just skipped over it cause it makes the story run smoother. I have no problems against that, i just thought there was something I missed while reading it. Anyways, keep up the awesomeness Tefler!!

ms904191ms904191over 5 years ago

No update on the next ch tefler ?????

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 5 years ago
Chill

Relax guys, it's been less than 2 weeks, and the average interval between chapters is 3-4 weeks...some of you were already pestering him about the next chapter after less than a week. 112 aint even up for the patrons yet FFS. If you can't wait for 110, then put up some $$$ and support the man on patreon...otherwise stop pestering the man, it'll get posted when it gets posted, probably around the same time 112 goes up on the patreon.

Tef, love it as always. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sound suppression

Hey guys, if you re-read the early chapter where Dana introduces the sound suppressor (ch 21??) it is in the context of them not wanting to wear ear muffs when in action, because the muzzle ‘bark’ of the rail gun is painfully loud.

I have assumed that the residual hypersonic ‘crack’ whilst a giveaway, is not so loud as to be painful to the shooter, so the main goal of ear protection was achieved, and the bonus goal of sneakiness just not addressed.

Of course, some of the later chapters kinda imply the gun is sneaky, but I’m choosing not to notice that ;-)

Cheers. Timbo

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeover 5 years ago
Vacuum of space

Has neither sound nor shock waves...

Just saying...

FDD

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sound suppression

But most of the time when they use these “””Small””” arms they are inside ships or on planets where there normally is an atmosphere...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wounded little birds

That’s been John’s thing since the beginning. All the girls have a piece of themselves that’s needs fixing so to speak. I don’t remember Alyssa really going through her own issues and addressing them. It definitely is showing here ... unless this is something to do with changes in becoming a progenitor? Is her reaction in this chapter due to her personal background issues or some mental changes in being made a progenitor? Something to watch for in the next chapters.

What would happen if Alyssa were to become killed or otherwise isolated from the mental collective? She is the funnel through which all the girls are connected to John. The other matriarchs go through her and Alyssa was able to, correct me if I’m wrong here, somehow connect to all the girls under Edraele when she bonded with her. Would this severe john’s link to them since Alyssa is now a progenitor? I’m pretty sure that there has never been a progenitor matriarch before so with this new change they appear to be in uncharted territory. Does Alyssa have the power to break away from John? Or usurp him if something were to happen to John? Lots of things to consider as they discover john’s origins.

I thought that the psychic abilities that the kirrix displays are incredibly close to progenitor abilities. Shielding is nearly identical, except for the color of their energy. Hmm is that important? The color of their psyche abilities? Are they in some way related to the astral plane creatures? Maybe an early experiment in developing the progenitors like how Mael was expirementing with the grays and the astral plane? Interesting...

To be continued....

gauntlet211gauntlet211over 5 years ago
Sound supression

There is no vacuum on a planet that is habitated by humans without OBSCENE amounts of protection. If there is a habitated planet that is a vacuum, that isnt a colony bucko thats a mining outpost on a comet. And lemme tell you, they probably gonna die cause plot would require it im sure XD

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
Chapter 110/111

According to the rumors on the discord pages our revered Master Tefler has released the final versions of the named chapters on the Patreon site.

I hope that it heralds the release of those chapters on this site in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@hping

It looks like 110 was posted Sep 20, and 111 on Sep 30. My guess is we'll get 110 this month... probably around the 30th, and 111 around Nov 30th.

Always the option to be a patron if you can't wait. Me, I just found other series to fill the gap. The once a month interval makes it hard for me to follow the story at points. Still a fun read, but I'll probably check in again in a few months.

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
Just letting you know

The final edit for those chapters was posted on Oct 24th. The earlier post of Sept 20th was not fully edited.

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 5 years ago
and...

Doesn't matter when those chapters were posted to the patreon. We've been 2 chapters behind for months now (which is entirely reasonable), so don't expect to get 110 here until Tef finishes 112 for his patrons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thankful

Thankful that Tefler still continues to publish here monthly, there have been many that just left us hanging when they moved on.

ms904191ms904191over 5 years ago

Still no update tefler ??????

HmanlitHmanlitover 5 years ago
Maybe it's time...

"John nodded thoughtfully, turning to look at the mangled remnants of the hive ship behind him. "Maybe it's time..."

Alyssa placed a gauntleted hand on his chest. "You know we'll back you all the way. The Maliri will understand if you want to take a little detour...""

Seriously? No one's speculating on what this could be? Well I will!

I'm torn, actually, between it being about going to the planet where Jessica (his mother) was last known to be, or finding some uninhabited moon and lay some smack down on his darker half.

John could be looking around and seeing how easily they are defeating the Kirrix and think that now they are strong enough to do it safely. (Though I think he's forgetting that this would probably put him in close contact with another Progenitor, and who knows if they will be friendly or not?)

Or, he's looking around at how strong he himself has become and thinking he might finally have a chance against PJ.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but will be interesting to see which way the bread falls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Maybe it's time

Time for what? Detour to where?

We need to find out. Can't take the suspense :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Still no update tefler ??????

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More

Give Tefler more 5 stars..... so we get an update........ hopefully....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Inventions

"Necessity is the mother of all inventions" an old adage. Dana can now make a gravity well. How important will this be when confronting BSP.

StaukerStaukerover 5 years ago
Hmanlit

Actually, it's "cookie crumbles," not bread falls.

J.k (kinda)

And yes, great speculation. The moon idea is actually a pretty good one, although Alyssa made her pocket dimension from inside the ship (either the cargo or docking bay) so I don't see why he would feel the need to find a moon (asteroids are easier to find btw). Especially since he has Sakura as insurance in case pj comes out the victor.

Also, on tefler patreon, he has said that we are within sight of the end, which I take to mean that we have around 50 more chapters. He did say there would be sequels, and possibly cannon side stories too.

BigDog167BigDog167over 5 years ago
Something to help the wait.

For those of you waiting for the next chapter as much as I am, and if you can handle well written werewolf stories, check out the old stories by Jaisen. No turning by bite or sparkly vampires or any of that BS, just a series of good reads. Below is the order she posted the series in. Buster's story is kind of a prequel and just might be the best werewolf story on Lit. It will not hurt a thing if you read it first.

More Than Just a Fairy Tale

Buster's Story

Twisted Tails

And The Big Bad Wolf

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Come on, Dana!

Why was Dana mucking about with gravity wells?

Surely a simpler solution would have been to lower the boiling point of Kirrix blood (of which there was plenty washing around for her to analyse). While she was at it, she could have made Kirrix chitin more... friable (powdery).

I suppose it was the heat of the battle - you don't necessarily think of the obvious!

AL

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lonely Vulkat queen could date hive queen after Rachel makes some reproductive adjustments

From a strategic point of view, it might solve the shroud problem for the hive and help save Vulkat civilization. The grateful joint hive-vulkat fleet could prove a useful ally against any invading proginator fleet.

Thanks for writing Tefler,

Kirk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Almost time

Looks like he dropped the first half to pateon last night so should get 110 here soon

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
Next chapter

I do not want to be a bad reader and certainly not a whining complainer, but our Master Tefler has just released chapter 112 on Patreon.

I just hope that 110 will be out soon, just as ebook 4 and maybe the softcover of ebook 3...

I am starting to crave some serious infusion of TSM soon, so please, oh Master, release 110 soon...

As always thanks for the story...

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
@Railgun sound suppression

As for that 'crack' of a supersonic bullet not being really noticeable....that just isn't true. But it is not nearly as loud as one would imagine. More like a loud cricket. Each bullet has a unique sound signature, btw.

The real sound culprit here is the muzzle blast. Since you are talking a railgun, muzzle blast is not such an issue since there is no expanding gas expelled from the barrel. Now you can have sound produced by the electrical current required and the friction in the barrel and the air being displaced in front of the bullet in the barrel as well as the air being sucked in by the vacuum behind the bullet, but those sounds are very easily attenuated with an anti-wave.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
112, complete

Dropped on Patreon last night...so be looking for 110 in the next few,

TeflerTeflerover 5 years agoAuthor
Chapter 110 status

I have submitted chapter 110 for moderation, so it should be up on the site sometime early next week.

Tefler

TarlosoTarlosoover 5 years ago
Thks

Thks for the update telfer. Looking forward to reading it.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyover 5 years ago
110 is in the Moderator's Queue

So, it should go live after midnight and before 3am Eastern time.

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 5 years ago
Wow that was fast

Either Tef submitted it a couple days ago, or lit is being uncharacteristically quick to process the submission...normally it takes 3 days or so before it goes into "awaiting moderation".

Oh well, I know what I'm doing instead of going to church tomorrow morning!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don’t count your chickens

Before they hatch, and don’t count your chapters before they post. Sometimes moderation takes several days or up to a week.

That said, I’ll be checking for the new chapter if I wake up in the middle of the night!

Thanks Tef!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Close shave

Series almost ended here. First Alyssa, then John .... whew!!!

That was one hell of an ambush BSP planned. Best not underestimate him. Wow.

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stealth Probe for the Invictus?

Thanks for another action packed chapter. On the edge of my seat the whole story. Dana could come up with a probe to help do passive scans before a battle. Maybe even double as a drone fighter that can deliver an electronic magnetic device?

Also, can John arrange to tap the Kirrix for psychic energy?

Now onto the next chapter :-)

dram998dram998over 5 years ago
Awesome

So consuming... Absolutely awesome story!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES