All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 085'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
we're not worthy

amazing work

thank you for bringing these stories

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 6 years ago
Excellent as Always

This has evolved into a true "Saga' even though it's timeline is less than a year. Simply amazing.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yet another brilliant chapter.

You're spoiling us Tefler, maybe you should write a shitty chapter just to keep us on our toes.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Revenge and aftermath

Well, this chapter is blowing my mind.

I think that John is up to the task at hand, although he does not think he is that he is able to face PG-John.

Also the crew is getting adjusted to John's tinkering with their DNA and using their abilities to the maximum.

Thanks for the update Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Earlier than expected

A nice slow one and earlier considering the moderation issues of late. I foresee the next chapter being another slow burner. Bummer. We guts and glory 😂. Great stuff.

On a different tack- with the demise of Commander Robert What's his name that only leaves the mine owner as an enemy from the early timea of 3SM?? Whitewhalehunter

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 6 years ago
If only...

every chapter came as quickly after the last one as this did! Great work as usual Tef; keep it up!!

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Top drawer...as always!

Great story just gets better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fabulous

You are getting better. We need new standards to keep up with you. Allow me to work on that. ;)

It's like how Dana says, you've been able to rework all of the plot, flow, read into a perfect lattice.

Thanks for giving us this joy Tef; You da man.

Matt.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Another note on the armor strength:

"Right... an inch of quad-shaped metal is the equivalent of nine inches of titanium plating, but deca-shaped was as resilient as fifteen inches of titanium?" And, “There was a charred crater in the runed armour, but the burning plasma had only been able to melt about half-way through.”

I find it interesting that the Progenitor Runes effectively create a secondary energy shield. That will be invaluable on the Paragon armor and it doesn't effect the energy shield. Fantastic twist there Tefler.

So, deca-shaped plating with Dana's fixing of the crystal lattice and the Progenitor runes is roughly 30 times stronger than Terran Titanium plating.

Still thinking the addition of a Graphene scrim would help with heat dissipation (reducing the effectiveness of the plasma by spreading out the heat over a larger surface) but also in resilience (it is actually 48 times stronger than the strongest Titanium alloy which is a 60% improvement even over the Dana improved Mark II Crystal Alyssium).

So with just the Mark II Crystal Alyssium:

2 feet thick plating on the Invictus you are actually talking about the equivalent of 60 feet of Titanium plating. Ok, we are well past the point then of needing hard points for energy weapons.

And if John 'requisitions' Admiral Norwood's Dreadnought (which has 6 feet of Titanium plating) and replaces the plating with the Mark II Crystal Alyssium plating you are talking about an equivalency of 180 feet of plating by Terran Standards.

But with the Mark II Crystal Alyssium with a Graphene Scrim:

2 feet thick plating on the Invictus you are actually talking about the equivalent of 96 feet of Titanium plating instead of the 60 with the Mark II version.

And if John 'requisitions' Admiral Norwood's Dreadnought (which has 6 feet of Titanium plating) and replaces the plating with the Mark III Crystal Alyssium plating you are talking about an equivalency of 288 feet of Titanium plating by Terran standards as opposed to the 180 feet with the Mark II version.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great way to start the day

Opened my tablet, and it was still stuck on Tefler submissions, and when i refreshed the page, i was thrilled to see a new chapter on the list. Your writing skills are improving by leaps and bounds, Tefler. Do not listen to those that say otherwise, and believe in yourself. "The force is strong in this one". You truly have a storytellers gift. Keep up the good work, and know that you just made my weekend loads better😉

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
And for the Paragon Armor plating:

1 inch of Mark III plating would be equivalent to 4 FEET of Titanium plating.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
For those on the metric system:

2.54 cm of Paragon armor Mark III plating would be equal to 1.2192 meters of Titanium plating.

60.96 cm of Invictus Mark III plating would be equal to 29.2608 meters of Titanium plating

176.4 cm of Dreadnought Mark III plating would be equal to 87.7824 meters of Titanium Plating

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Im an engineer not a miracle worker

Was Dana channeling Bones McCoy for a moment there?

Great read as always.

4AS2PD04AS2PD0over 6 years ago
Mid-Read Comment.

Iknow i should jus wait but if i do then the thought will be gone. (deep space analogy, my mind is like deep space lotsa shiny cool things but filled with black holes that destroy many stray thoughts.) the wine negotiation just made me realize one of the reasons i like this series so much. it spells it out glaringly ( not criticism btw) the base desires that lie behind many of our own everyday interactions. the implied/unspoken hints and promises that drive us in our pursuits. i know im reading way too much into it but thats jus the mood im in today. anyways,right or wrong, as always a great addition to the Saga of House Blake. ( H/T to the moderators of Lit. for the relatively fast processing this time around.)

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
PLR: Re: on the metric system

Doing some calculations on the given data in your comment I would think that I prefer all armor to be made from dreadnought armor type III. It is a trifle better than the other armor in comparison to the thickness of titanium (48.00 to 49.76). I know it is only 3.7% better but that can be enough in a battle...

As a technician would say that the second one is not really an improvement as it is only .4% better and everything under 1% can be neglected.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Hiya, thanks for the response

All the MK III armor I was talking about is the deca-shaped, Dana homogonized, Progen rune protected Crystal Alyssium with a Graphene skrim.

trmondoiantrmondoianover 6 years ago
Re: hping

The only problem with doing that is weight now. You wouldn't put dreadnaught mk III on a frigate due to weight

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The very best in quite some time.

The level of detail in the intimate interactions with the girls---sexual and otherwise---exceeded my expectations and surpassed all but the earliest chapters. I loved the whole thing. Thank you very much!

TektTektover 6 years ago
Graphene Scrim

Considering we have already developed it in our century and this is 700 years into the future I would assume if it was viable in that time frame then they are already using it and Tefler has decided not to mention it as it is probably as common as fueling up.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
PLR

better add "Rescue Jehanna" to the outstanding story lines. John having said to Faye "Jehanna's different from the rest of you and doesn't need quite so much rescuing."

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Graphene Scrim @ tekt

I hear what you are saying, yet, T-Fed command is still using Titanium alloy....so not necessarily in Tefler's universe.

Also, one reason the Graphene skrim may not be being used is it tends to react with metals...I am thinking/thinking/hoping Tefler decides that the Crystal Alyssium Dana has created in his Universe may not be reactive with the pure carbon nanotubes that would create the Graphene skrim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
epic story

one thing I never understood is why people nit pic and second guess how a writer creates his universe and how things work in it.

Why cant people just enjoy this epic space Odyssey and be grateful that Tefler shares them with us.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyover 6 years ago
Re: Epic Story

@Anon -- most of the 'nitpicking' is just people having fun discussing the story.

Even when I critique an element of the story, I am only doing it because I know Teffler enjoys constructive feedback and others enjoy the discussion.

Often the bigger the fan, the bigger the nitpicking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Catching up with the Girls

As much as I enjoy the action scenes in the story, this last chapter was just amazing. After the tension from the last few chapters it was nice to see John spending some time with the girls indavidually. I really enjoyed the section with Alyssa, Calara and John together, it has been a long time since we have seen the "older" girls talk with John.

I am also curious to see what Calara's third helix ability is going to be, since see seems to be the tactician of the group. My only guesses are telapathy (but Alyssa already has that), or some sort of precognition.

Didn't really see Rachel this chapter so I am looking forward to seeing her reunion with her father and introducing Dana and John to him.

Absolutely amazing story so far Tefler.

Tdrx

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@Anon and Epic Story

You opined: "one thing I never understood is why people nit pic and second guess how a writer creates his universe and how things work in it."

I would respond that the fun we have together on the comments section has inspired Tefler on many occasions to help flesh out the tech and the interpersonal relationships of the story. Tefler has said on many occasions that he very much appreciates it and has even defended those of us who so contribute multiple times on these pages...as long as it is constructive and adds to discussions in a positive manner.

Tefler maintains strict control of this board to ensure it is helpful and enjoyable to both himself and his readers...even deleting the posts of many of us most devoted fans when necessary. For which none of us fault him one bit.

I know that on Tefler's Patreon page we often suggest little changes in grammar and scenes which he incorporates into EVERY chapter before he goes public on Literotica and Stories Online.

As proof of what I am saying let be give you a perfect example:

When chapter 84 was first published on Patreon, John and Alyssa left Jehenna in her apartment when they rushed to the girls in the Raptor. I suggested that leaving Jehenna there in such a situation would have been out of character for John and Alyssa due to the fact they would not know if they and, by association, Jehenna were also targeted for assassination or not. Tefler agreed and rewrote the scene to include them taking Jehenna with them on the Raptor; which then set up the dramatic scene for the exclusive interview where John vaporized Mikaboshi's Citadel Fortress live on TFNN instead of TFNN showing the Admiral's cold shoulder official statement on the matter.

As you can see, that slight change by Tefler enforced another story arc concerning the Admiralty and their evolving relationship with John and his crew as well as helped begin to develop Jehenna's character.

We as his supporters love it because we are allowed input into this wonderful epic of Tefler's. Tefler loves it because he uses some of it as a muse for his creative juices in writing this wonderful story. So everybody is happy with the arraingement and the story is even richer as a result.

Hoping I have given you a different perspective:

PLR

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Nitpicking

Just as a fan of Tefler, I really like to try to predict what will happen, and sometimes I give a comment that hits a nail. If that is because Tefler had that already in the pen, or that I read enough between the lines or my imagination happens to follow Teflers's line of thought (and I am not a telepath) is not important.

The important thing is that I enjoy his writing, and I would like to have this story in print, only after it is completed. As he has indicated there maybe a second series if TSM in the embryonic state and he has to complete his series about "Sailing a Black Sea" there is a lot of writing to be done, not excluding some one-off stories as an off-spring ot the main stories he is writing.

As I am reading the story here - I follow it on SOL - I am behind on those who read it on Patreon, although that happens to be the proof-print, the print before the final production print as PLR indicates. So my comments are sometimes faulty, but I accept that. I find the comments just to funny to not read them, some could be the base for a short story to be linked into a chain-story just for the fun of writing...

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
By the way:

I know at least one person has proffered the idea that Progenitors are servants.

This is supported by hints within the story. For example: when John gives Rachel the ability to psychically heal, a thought comes to him that it is forbidden to do so. That suggests there is a codex by which all Progenitors must live...which is a form of control.

So the question becomes: who is controlling the Progenitors?

I see two options:

First: a super advanced race within the physical world or,

Second: a super strong existence within the ethereal plane.

Due to the fact there is a presence within the ethereal plane that has been checking up on John's progress...chastising him when he was not performing up to expectations and attempting to kill him when he transgressed too far from them...I vote for the second option.

I could be wrong, though. The super advanced race may exist in both realms. However, I keep being drawn back to the instance where Irillith was hurt by the Astral Plane Behemoth and in the physical world the black goo in the wound exhibited at least some level of emotive response to John using the Crystal Alyssium blade against it.

So I am thinking that the Astral Plane beings predate the physical realm and that Progenitors are the Greek equivalent of Hermes, messenger of the Gods. There is quite a bit of Religious and Philosophical thought that would lend a foundation to this idea. This concept creates one heck of a possibility for a sequel where the physical realm battles against the Astral Plain realm for supremacy (or a revolt for freedom).

This has the potential to set up John and the preeminent power in the Universe...and he was balking at being King of the Maliri....LOLs

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Control cont'd

Then there is the fact that John has a Progenitor as his Matriarch. This, along with the stated fact by Tefler in the story that all Progenitors are not created equal, suggests John is transcending his original purpose and abilities. To further make this point, John's Thralls have abilities well beyond the capabilities of other Progenitor's thralls (at least as far as we have seen to date), including those of Mael himself.

I am wondering of Mael set a course for all this to occur and he was sentenced to death by 'one of his strongest brothers' as a result of his impudence?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The number of new stories

Is a double edged ninjato. While the number of new SF stories on Lit is good news for the owners it has pushed 85 (and many others) out of the current list very quickly.

It will be interesting to how many posts 85 gets. As l also enjoy the banter and speculation found in them l trust the limited 'time in the sun' does not affect the quality and quantity.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Re: PLR @ Control Cont'd

It may be that not a stronger progenitor that defeated Mael'nerak.

If I read the story correct Mael'nerak dismissed Valara as his Matriarch, thereby diminishing his psychic power-supply, but creating the possibility that the Maliri and the other races had the possibility to survive. The result was that he had possible a suicide-mission but he could have survived - and maybe being John's father - due to having a regeneration- and/or survival-chamber in an escapemodule in his ship - which survived in part the battle.

A strong man is not always the winner, the best trained and the best adapter will survive a battle, because a battle is mostly a contents between two (or more) brains fought with weapons. Chess is a bloodless battle, and the best player is he who has a new concept, a novel idea where the opponent has no answer to. However once a player is committed the problems occur as no battle-plan survives the meeting with the enemy.

The fun would be that John's father would be Mael'nerak who joins him in the final battle with the black-ship-progenitor. I get a headache what kind of impact that will create on the Maliri society, having their "God" back after so may years...

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the comments, it's great to see you enjoyed this chapter!

I won't reply individually this time as I'm busy with chapter 86, but I have read them all, so thank you for taking the time to post them. :-)

Cheers

Tefler

npnumptynpnumptyover 6 years ago
RE hping

It's already been proven that Mael'nerak is not John's father,I think BSP is.

I do like the idea of him still being alive and helping John though.But not to defeat him.It seems as though the BSP could be on the cusp of his own Damecene conversion!

Maybe?

Ish?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@npnumpty

I am not sure how you get it is proven Mael is not John's father...over on Patreon we have pretty much surmised he is.

Kind of agree with you about BSP coming around, though.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
Well, damn me for a mutt.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, and it has nothing to do with this chapter (which I really enjoyed).

I've been reading back chapters and ran across this in Chapter 80; I completely missed it on previous reads:

Correctly guessing the reason for John's pensive expression, Ularean said, "As to Mael'nerak's true motives, I am afraid he never shared them with my people. He taught the Ashanath how to form thought-clusters and create Astral sub-planes, but never explained why he did so."

So, it looks as if Mael'nerak created the Ashanath as an experimental weapon (or containment field?) against the big uglies on the Astral that bedevil John and the girls when he adds another crew member.

And it looks as if John and the girls missed it, too.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@hping

What I also caught in that statement was Mael also saying they sent one of their strongest to defeat him. Chapter 76 page 9 on Lit: "Wrapping his arms around her, he let out a sigh before he replied, "I wish there was, my love. Without the Drakkar to keep him at bay, we're doomed." Glancing at the map, his voice trembled. "They've sent their strongest and I've grown weak... I should have foreseen this, prepared for such an eventuality... I've been a fool!"" That one statement says all Progens are not created equal...Yes?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@ GnomeDePlume

It has been speculated elswhere that would not be the case because the Ashanath are not strong enough psycics to do any harm to a Progenitor. What was speculated and generally accepted is the Ashanath were to be on each ship so the Fleets could be organized and directed in tactical situations via telepathy rather than by comms that could be hacked/manipulated.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 6 years ago
npnumpty re: BSP

I think it's been shown that there is very little chance BSP is John's father . He has been with his light green Matriarch Ailanthia for 10.000 years . Not stranded on a planet with Jessica Blake siring John. Most have come to the conclusion that Mael is John's father but of course we will have to wait for Tefler in his infinite wisdom & awesome story telling to fill us in on the whole story .(kiss butt much..hehehe). As to why BSP hasn't confronted John yet I guessed once, that upon seeing him he knew he hadn't killed Mael back when he was sent & is waiting for John to lead him to him to finish he task . Now I think he(BSP) doesn't know what to make of John ,since it seems all Progenitor come from the same creator or creators John being a Human/Progenitor threw him for a loop & he's waiting to see how powerful he is & what his plans are .He's obviously not afraid of John & his crew(Yet) & is willing to play the long game for the time being.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
@PLR

Yes, you are right, but I do not know how the progenitors - or their matriarchs - measure strength, especially mental strength. Only Tefler does know that. All I know is that John broke through one of his mental blocks when he reshaped the material for the new weapons tenfold.

It may be that Mael'nerak was (one of) the strongest of all progenitors, but that he did not 'train' his strength during the period he was creating life. Also do I think that Mael'nerak has had an other plan for the races he had created, but that he was blindsided because he was preoccupied with his hobby of creating new life.

It may be the case that he was presumable not armed to the teeth, did not have enough ships with the necessary (trained) personnel and that the other - may be the Black Ship Progenitor - had only used his races for the preparation of what was to be the final war between him and Mael'nerak. Chapter 76 does not hint if it is the mental strength, but it also does not hint the opposite. And it may be both. All we know there was a hell of an explosion which destroyed a large portion of the universe and that a part of Mael'neraks's ship did survive, to be salvaged by the Ashanati. It may be that the BSP has also survived that same battle and that he is after the by the Eshunu occupied starbase known as 'the Underworld'. It may be that the BSP is the creator of the Eshunu, and that he has taken control over the Kintark and/or Kirrix.

It all depends now how Tefler is going to work out the rest of the story.

Well do I think that Tefler is trying to find a way how the book of Genesis was supposed to be written. The last race that was created has forgotten the way how it was truly done and it has created a story on the terms they could remember... how imperfect and/or unbelievable the story was.

Working on data you have does not give you a complete picture. it is like the groping of the five blinded who may touch an elephant, and they all give a different 'view' of the animal due to what they had touched.

The secrets Tefler hides... fun to speculate about therm.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
Going back

a couple of chapters. I think I see a flaw in the assassination plan that means it shouldn't have worked even without Faye's warning. And that flaw is called Irrilith. the bomb is described as having several micro-cameras and they will be transmitting streams of data to their controller. Even with her being distracted by the club, her Milari life is going to have her checking out people entering the room reflexively. You don't survive long as a target there without. Irrilith can literally see the data streams coming from things so will see them on drinks tray, when it comes into the room. So a drinks tray transmitting data might as well be fitted with amber flashing warning lights spelling the word bomb. and she's not going to think anything other than assassination attempt when it appears, all her instincts and experiences lean that way. Its not going to be hidden from her because literally nobody else in the universe sees data in that way. So although they might have signals hidden from most people,it wouldn't be from her. you'd think that she would maybe then be able to block any inbound signals to the bombs trigger too.

its the sort of thing that could mean Faye isn't the only one feeling guilty about the events in the last couple of chapters.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Re: 1handslapping

Yes, but Irilith was not on the alert, she was relaxing, although she and her sister where in armor. For a Maliri being in armor is the norm, due to the security-protocol that Valara had ordered to protect the Maliri when Mael'nerak disappeared. Even John was not on the alert. The only one who was alert was Faye, and she was preoccupied with her love for John.

However when everything started at once it was Faye who triggered all the alarms, and set everything in action to repel the boarders and to defend the Pride. Luck had it that John and Alyssa were with Jehenna, so that saved them from the direct action by the assassins.

They were lucky that Faye's action shortened the action-time for the earth-bound part of the attack, otherwise John would have a lot more work to do to build himself a new pride.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
Yes but

my problem with that is you're treating Irrilith as Human, and she isn't. Her entire life experience is that even when relaxed you have to be looking out for assassins.

andyaandyaover 6 years ago
waiting?

Try the story "lost empire "

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
@PussyLickersRus

That's a very plausible theory and most likely correct. However. I'm going to stand by my speculation for now, and for this reason: 1 BILLION Ashanath tied into John via Alyssa while they're in the Big Nasty's pocket plane is one hell of a battery. Alternatively, John, Alyssa, the crew, and a good chunk of House Valaden could create their own subplane and pull the Big Nasty into that, where its power would be more limited.

It's highly doubtful that there were anywhere near that many Ashanath 10,000 years prior, so it would make sense that Mael'nerak couldn't use them effectively as an energy source. It may be that he thought he'd have time for the race to expand its numbers, but the BSP and the war intervened.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@GnomeDePlume

Not sure what you mean by battery. If you mean John could suck psychic energy from them I am pretty sure that would be incorrect since no matriarch has a link to them (within their mind cubicles).

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
@PussyLickersRus

It's Tefler's universe and his rules, so nothing is certain for us mere mortals who only read and wait. But it seems to me that the "laws" that cover the sharing and transfer of energy -- even metaphysical energy, if you will -- on the physical plane don't necessarily apply on the Astral plane. We shall see, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
upgrade the ships guns

Quantum Heavy Cannons & Quantum Gauss Cannons, your fan viper

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
upgrade the ships guns

And MK II Photon Lasers

And Progen power distributors

And Progen capacitors

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Magnetic field

Tefler

How they'll carry swords or spacewalk now the mag field is out. Was'nt they depended on magnetic field to do these things.

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 86

I've just finished chapter 86 and it's up on my site. I'll be working on the editing over the next couple of days, then I'll submit it for moderation. :-)

Tefler

andyaandyaover 6 years ago
anon :- sword/space walk

I asked the same thing on the other site answer was sword in hold by a close area effect were as the def field is a wide area effect which messes with the shield stuff,

If you put a magnet near a crt screen like the old tv or computer screens you see the colours change and if strong enough bend the image.

So sword and boots are close effect which allows them to work and not interfere with shield

texanguy1texanguy1over 6 years ago
re andya

Already have been watching lost empire. Nothing really helps but it certainly gives me something to do.

Tefler. You keep amazing us with your creative ingenuity. Please keep on truckin my friend.

Faithful fan

andyaandyaover 6 years ago
texa

Pars001 has started posting storys on this site to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
shield upgrade

Brimorian shields should act like borg shields off star trek

texanguy1texanguy1over 6 years ago
andya

And I have read every one of them just like Tefler.

texanguy1texanguy1over 6 years ago
re my last comment

I meant I have read every single one of pars001's posts just like Tefler's posts.

OkamiyashaOkamiyashaover 6 years ago
Early Work

You know how people say "I like their early work better"? Well, I say this with no offense intended towards Tefler, and I only say this because it struck me funny, but I like Tefler's later work more.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
is that

because the chapters are bigger?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Any update on ch 86 ??????

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
John & Alyssa & Faye

how's this for a theory. Alyssa being a progenitor can add people into her matriarch network too, not just John. If so Faye may be just one major sexual session away from becoming a solid part of the crew. Go back to chapter 72, after being knocked out by a session with Alyssa she vanishes for a while. could that while be the digital equivalent of the girls 14 hour blackout? after all "Time runs differently in the digital world". Chapter 78, with the her and Jade session with John, she once again vanishes afterwards. "She had something urgent she needed to attend to. I believe she'll rejoin us shortly." is the quote. Assuming this works the same way as the others they wouldn't notice that Faye is growing slightly taller (it might be that after the third session she'll pop up to being the same size as all the others instantly). So after one more session she would suddenly appear in Alyssa's psychic cabinet of girls (being digital this might not be instantly understood to have happened till she adjusts her psychic speed down. she might just appear to be a blur till people work out whats happened) John might also have a terrifying dream out of the blue when as far as he knows he hasn't added a new girl. Fayes power could be an ability for her hologram to become solid and gain the five senses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ch. 86

Hi Tef,

Any update on chapter 86 as to when we could be able to read it and know what happened to Jehanna, John reaction to Admiralty and Public in general and their future adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Progenitor strength

Mael'narek said that "they have sent their strongest and I've grown weak".If he was talking about psychic strength that would be determined by the number of thralls he commanded. A Matriarch jobs is to acquire more thrall for their master to further empower him, either as low level generators or one use batteries. At that point Mael'narek had a complete change of personality. He freed the nymphs, stopped warring on everyone, didn't treat the races he created as slaves anymore and felt true love for Valda. He probably had been pretty lax in recruiting new thralls and therefore had little psychic strength.

It could also refer to strength of will. The ability to callously expend slaves to complete a task, whether the Trankarrans miners or the Malari soldiers, or by destroying dozens of planets. Just before his last battle Mael'narek cut himself of from his best source of psychic strength. Either to protect them from the backlash his death would create, to stop her feeling his death, or prevent himself from slipping back into his old ways due to desperation and draining his matriarch and thralls, an action that would probably have haunted him to suicide.

Another factor to consider is that John and his Pride's psychic bond is different from any other Progenitor in that he doesn't have control over them anymore. After his imprisonment of PJ he removed the control from them in case PJ ever came out again. This lead them to new mental insights and increased the power flow from them to John. The girls may produce for John the equivalent power of dozens of BSP's thralls.

In response to the comment that said that because Rachel's healing activation was "forbiden" that someone may have control over the Progenitor's I would reply that the they are slavers. It is not a good idea for slavers to give their slaves the tools to exist without you. It would create suicidal loyalty if the slaves knew that their only hope for continued life and health came from you and that your death would lead to their own. All slavers fear a revolt and the Progenitors seem to take great care to keep control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
awsome

thanks for another chapter in this amazing story , i have been reading this since the start, all the best in your writing career.

fitter469fitter469over 6 years ago
What 1 Hand said!!!

I so like your idea!! :D I really want the Pinocchio thing for Faye!! what you brought up would be perfect!! and Tefler could have mass fun writing it up with his famouse twists!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Would like to see the sequel with all of the crew or maybe more girls on the crew. The dynamic is truly great stuff. Hopefully John confronts his dark side soon. I am wondering how johns personality changes when he absorbs his dark side, just like Alissa did.sorry about the spelling. Just finished a full re-read and realized I didn't vote. Fixed that. This is the best story out right now. I really enjoy reading the comments as well. Keep up the great story.

BruceWoBruceWoover 6 years ago
Don't forget to vote for Tefler

The others are catching up

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Any update on ch86 tefler ????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Confused.

I can see a major set up in the story and a lot of comments discussing a battle between John and P-John. However he gains more power everytime he or his women get into severe life or death situations and we've already seen Athena get absorbed once Alyssa got to a certain level of power and control. Wouldn't P-John just get absorbed after a while?

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 86 - status

Hey everyone!

I've just submitted chapter 86, so that should be up on the site in a few days.

Tefler

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Moderation time???

Gentebeings (or in less political correct - but scientifically correct - addressing Ladies and Gentlemen), now is the time to make a public bet when chapter 86 will be made public.

I think on Wednesday, but noticing how strange the moderation is going on, it is doubtful. Just the past few weeks there a lot less stories released on Monday and Tuesday, but can that be a seasonal problem??

Also are there some ideas what the crew will face on Terra with the admirals quietly going mad about the stunt John and Jehenna did in regards with the destruction of Mikaboshi's lair?

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
well

the Admirals now should know that it isn't just the ship that is special, it's the whole crew. Deveraux knows about John and Alyssa's powers. one of the girls threw a cyborg assassin across the street and embedded him in a concrete wall, whilst J & A weren't there. four of them survived an impossible explosion, one converted themselves to various creatures including extinct ones, plus electrocuted some cyborg ninjas. so the admiralty would be hard pressed to think that all of the girls aren't packed with powers to the gills. So how are they going to deal with that?

well separating the crew from the ship has just been shown to be a really bad idea for taking them on, you'd be outclassed by them, and a very pissed off ship. Finding enough troops to attack them is wishful thinking, finding enough ships who will obey orders without extensive propaganda to attack them equally so. Any aggressive act is basically ruled out. Storm and capture the ship with special forces? well its going to go really badly, (and one of the sergeants in there is someone who owes the Lion his life, so the element of surprise might be even more missing than people think)

I'd think the thing to do is hit them is bureaucracy with transfer orders for Calara and Rachel, ending their leave of absence. Customs inspections to remove unlicensed technology, and requests for paperwork for Jade. she's got no ID make the lions situation awkward, which could all go away with a bit of technology.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: 1handslapping

Don't forget that John has his own cards he can play. The origins of Regans Rot is from a Bioweapon created by High Command and responsible for the deaths of 100's of millions of Terran citizens.

DraigTywyllDraigTywyllover 6 years ago
Re: 1handslapping

Talking about bureaucracy, as a Lenarran leader, does Jade have any legal recourse for the virtual genocide of her people?

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
Well Anon

I don't know as it is a useful card to play, but it may be a useful card to threaten to play. If it's played then it causes chaos in the Terran Federation, which is precisely the opposite of what John needs to fight the other progenitor. so handy maybe in the short term, but kills all sorts of good will and coordination in the long term

The admiralty could claim that John has made it up and he's really an evil world conquering despot (I wonder if they have any film of his meetings that could be creatively edited a couple of quotes taken out of context could be quite interesting. but then again if they are filmed Irrilith could probably lay her hands on the post meeting discussions which are bound to be equally embarrassing.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
Re: Draig Tyrwyll

Shwmae Dark dragon, (and thats about my limit in Cwmraeg) I think there's even less chance of winning any legal case than there is of getting widespread slavery reparations or getting all Native American Lands returned. One voter remaining isn't enough to swing an election so can be ignored, and I assume it wasn't a government policy to grab the Lenarans and all the individuals involved are 500 years dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What novels do you like to read and inspire you?

I finally caught up \o/

I have enjoyed your novel so far and I wanted to do something to thank you. I also wanted to inspire you to continue writing. You see I actually help volunteer translate foreign novels and help with Japanese/Chinese translation community on novelupdates. If you ever interested in foreign novels in the you favorite genre or R-18 genre, then I know a few hidden gems.

What kind of novels do you like to read?

-neo

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yay!

Chapter 86 is already in moderation, may be up tomorrow, latest Wednesday I think (fingers crossed).

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A jade dragon

I want jade to be able to transform into mythical creatures once John has fully powered her up like green fire\plasma breathing dragon or maybe a flying Chimera which would be more along the feline theme

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dragon

Ooo, I like the idea of a Jade Dragon. Imagine her dissolving a Mech or taking out Kintark Dragons.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
M-Theory, Quantum computing and Quantum physics.

Quantum computing is like exponents of one. For example: 1 to the 2nd power (1x1) is one just like 1 to the 3rd power (1x1x1) and 1 to the 4th power (1x1x1x1)….on to infinity.

“Quantum computing studies theoretical computation systems (quantum computers) that make direct use of quantum-mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform operations on data. Quantum computers are different from binary digital electronic computers based on transistors. Whereas common digital computing requires that the data be encoded into binary digits (bits), each of which is always in one of two definite states (0 or 1), quantum computation uses quantum bits, which can be in superpositions of states. A quantum Turing machine is a theoretical model of such a computer, and is also known as the universal quantum computer. The field of quantum computing was initiated by the work of Paul Benioff and Yuri Manin in 1980, Richard Feynman in 1982, and David Deutsch in 1985. A quantum computer with spins as quantum bits was also formulated for use as a quantum spacetime in 1968” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing

What this means is that there is no limit to the iterations of a piece of data (or mass or energy for a Quantum field) that can be computed by a single quantum bit of memory within a quantum computer. So, if a quantum computer has the capacity to digitally create one Invictus ship, it has the ability to digitally create an infinite number of Invictus ships with the same resources without the infinite number of re-reads of the data.

Now take that idea and impose it upon matter and space. Quantum space is just like a Quantum computer. Our reality is based upon three dimensional space. If you create a Quantum field around an object, that three dimensional space can exist in two or more (read infinite) places (or times, or Quantum realities) simultaneously but still be just one entity…like exponential powers of 1. Just like with the ethereal plane where psychic conversations happen instantly across any physical distance, so too can any Quantum space ‘exponential’ expression of 3 dimensional space communicate instantaneously.

This is already done by the space faring races with their communications. Which is why their comms are instantaneous across vast distances of space…the comms are teleported through Quantum space…The only difference here is the creation of a Quantum field that works with volume instead of just energy.

What this means for the 3SM Universe:

What we see as a worm-hole drive is actually just a Quantum field with 8 dimensions. The current three dimensional space, the directional vector, the length of that vector, and the destination’s 3 dimensional space. In effect, the ship going through the Quantum field event horizon is being transported to another place in our 3 dimensional space.

There are other applications, though. Let’s look at 50 Quantum iterations (49 additional Quantum spaces in parallel Universes) all firing a Nova Lance at the BSP’s ship. Once those Nova Lance bursts left the Quantum fields around those iterations of the Invictus they would all converge into the original 3 dimensional space of the Invictus…which means 50 Nova Lances would have been fired at the same point on the Progenitor’s ship. And it does not have to be 50…it could be 5,000,000,000 Nova Lances. Energy is conserved because each iteration of the ship developed the energy to fire the Nova Lance and mass is conserved because there is only one Invictus!

On a smaller scale, you could have 1,000 iterations of Irillith (after she was enclosed within a Quantum field) hacking 1,000 enemy ships at the same time…or 2,000 Calaras firing weapons from 2,000 ships or 2,000 Jades piloting those ships…each one acting independently, communicating as one, and all the effects would be felt in the current space time as soon as the Laser or projectile or electrical impulse left the confines of the Quantum field.

A Sci-Fi equivalent of this concept exist already in the Avengers series…when Loki surrounds Thor on the Rainbow Bridge with multiple iterations of himself. When Thor sent out lightening to all those Quantum iterations they folded back into the one Loki. Yet, when active, they were all one Loki and Loki could have folded back into any one of them (which is how he tricked Thor into entering the cage from which he escaped—the prison built for the Hulk--and also how he got behind the SHIELD agent in that scene when Loci stabbed him just before escaping the hover carrier).

All this is important because: while the Invictus metallurgy is based upon reflection (white), the BSP ship is based upon absorption (black) of energy. If one overruns the ability of the ship’s capacitors to absorb an energy blast, that energy then begins to react with the ship’s physical structure. Which means, with enough energy, the BSP ship can be defeated…as evidenced by the Progen battle with Mael.

This is game changer technology here…and one reason the Progenitors may not have developed it fully is because the Ethereal ‘Overlord’ does not allow it since it would represent a source of power that would be a significant rival and/or it does not meet its needs for harvesting souls/energy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's Here

Early again, seems like they're catching on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jehana should settle on terra

I hope Jehana finds a boyfriend and settles down on Terra, it'd be nice if the crew had a friend who wasn't a part of the invictus crew with whom they could shre their secrets.

It'd be an interesting dynamic.

Jehana would be a good accomplice for the crew, especially if she wasn't publicly linked with them.

John has an imbalance of terran girls as it is, it'd be bad if he strats collecting girls solely based on their hair color or ethenicity as if they were pokemon.

He should however get a non humanoid thral, perhaps from the water world.

It'd be very cool to see how John's cum would change and mutate a non human alien into his perfect goddess archetype shape.

Jade and the maliri already matched the Progenitor ideal, how radically would John affect a species that wasn't bipedal humanoid, would the resultant girl be turned into a big boobed hottie ? And how would that affect her if she started looking different from her species.

I doubt John would mutate a grey, and if he mutated a dragon would she turn into a succubus with mind control pheremone powers???

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Many Loose Ends Sorted Out.

Glad that Faye's issues have been resolved. Only hope that things work out well for her. Moving on to more galactic adventure.🚀

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
athena

you think Athena is still alive? A white lie to make John feel better is exactly the sort of thing Alyssa would do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I love the character development and truly love the tech developments, the constant growth with both make this series awesome! Thank you, and don't sweat the occasional typo, more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Level-up tech

Some of the gear is now up to the task 👍🏼💪🏼

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

10 mm rounds are not half the size of 20 mm rounds - even assuming equal length (and 10 mm rounds are nearly always shorter than 20 mm), they are 1 fourth the volume of their 20 mm counterparts. So yeah, the crew will definitely be able to carry twice as much ammo - more like four times as much.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Hey Tef, I love the character development and truly love the tech developments, the constant growth with both makes this series awesome! Thank you, and don't sweat the occasional typo, more please! ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What I like about this series of stories and has kept me reading all these pages: The story is imaginative and fun. Secondly, it is about a group that cares for each other. The story is not consistently plausible though, so read it with a tongue-in-cheek.

What I hate about this series of stories: The sex scenes. I’ll just skim them in the future. This story has lots of sex that centers on lesbianism and a fetish of ‘inflating’ women’s abdomens. The sex scenes aren’t really that good. Read BurntRedstone if you want detailed, hot sex scenes. This series of stories brings in a lot of fetish scenes – twins, secretaries, cheerleaders, many beautiful girls fawning over the man, etc. The series have sex scenes with aspects of voyeurism and exhibitionism and includes a copious number of lesbian acts. Even though I am more into the romantic, loyal, monogamous, heterosexual relationships like some stories written by DreamCloud, I can tolerate these aspects of the sex scenes. However, just speaking for myself, I hate reading about sharing the lover – as in the guy’s girl having another guy or girl as an equally loved partner. When you have someone else penetrating your girl (page 7 of Ch. 85) – just yuck! I wouldn’t be surprised if somewhere down the road John doesn’t get butt fucked by Alyssa! I also hate that the story confuses me. John is a bard. He empowers others. The real alpha of the story seems to be Alyssa. This confuses me as I thought that John was supposed to be the protagonist. I expect that, like a soap opera, at some point in time John may become an Alpha too. Maybe. To me, an alpha male is like Needles from Todd172, The Shack, Needles and Delaney. Alyssa is aggressive sexually. She will even try out the new girls first – I hate that. Even if I try to skip the sex scenes, there is copious use of ‘lover’ to remind the reader that most every girl has a girlfriend and boyfriend (John), while willing to make love with any and all in the group. I hate that ‘honey’ is used so often that it seems to be a nervous tick. Then there are the Maliri. It seems to me that this people should be the foundation of his powerbase. However, he spends comparatively little time with them. He should be at least nurturing the Maliri matriarchs a little.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

More Dana tech developments and improvements to both their weapons and armor. More cum was consumed, and more triple helix DNA developments, and more fun times were had in bed, ... very predictable and very welcome, ... Oh, and they decided to keep the assassins 5-man, black, Stealth Shuttle, a useful for more diplomatic missions, a non-lethal backup to the Raptor gunship, and if it's seating can accommodate a cyborgs' fat ass, it should be able to handle paragon armor as well, ... I'm loving this fun story. Thank you Tef! ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So doing the math... The kintark handheld plasma rifles could go through about 30 inches (76cm) of titanium? They didn't seem anywhere near that strong from what we've heard before, that's basically an anti tank weapon.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Well I got that wrong, thought Calara's hit was placed by one of the Admirals to get back at John. Love how they're all generating new and / or enhanced skills to assist John in his task.

ranec1ranec111 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"You worry too much! It was bound to work, all my stuff does!"

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sometimes the comments and especially the in depth analysis are more entertaining than the actual story, which is an entertaining read itself.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith4 months ago

I really love this Quantum rifle development and the runes are a big plus too, .... ***spoiler alert*** this quantum energy system will carry over into the next generation of weapons too, ... Dana's a f**king genius, ... just ask the Ashanath, ... The technical developments are moving along quite fast now, .... I'd guess that John's (sub-conscious / mental) Progenitor tech archive is more accessible now, .... and of course, our Grand Engineering Overlord is a genius, ... good chapter, ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6811 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES