All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 093'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome as always

As much fun as a Birthday party can be, don't you think it's time to get Edraele on her feet again?

JohnCKJohnCKover 6 years ago
I am baffeld

The high command of the terrans can be so incredibly stupid, they can't see past their own ambitions.

In a way it will be both sad and satisfying when they finally will be dealt with..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Paranoia in overdrive!

For the most part this was a filler chapter. Although a very good filler chapter. The birthday was nice. Good to see them relax a bit for once.

But at the end there, the admiralty have completely entered into the realm of badguys in my book. It is time to squash their little operation and get them replaced with people that think with their brains, and use their humanity. Not a bunch of power hungry warmongers.

Thanks again for a very nice chapter Tefler. But for the love of everything good, the next chapter needs to get Edraele up on her feet again. And I am still waiting for the Brimorian trip. And then there is the space stations John and the Maliri were planing to build. It would be fun if something would start happening there.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 6 years ago
Overlap

With Jade becoming essentially a third matriarch, and the twins bonding to each other, I bet there will be some interesting overlaps with some of their powers now. Like Jade developing other psychic abilities, and the twins being able to access each other's powers to a smaller degree. Think about tendrils of lightning wrapping around Tashana's fireballs.

Also if they add more nymphs Jade can be their matriarch.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
When Jade realizes

...that her kin are being kidnapped and held by High Command, her vengeance will be legendary. It wouldn't surprise me if John gives her operational command of the rescue mission while taking care to keep her from doing anything ill-advised. After all, this time it's personal, as they say.

Tefler, your phrasing when Jade and John bonded was inspired. "*And the lovely Nymph makes three,* [Alyssa] told him, her gentle voice ringing with approval."

So, does Jade make a third Matriarch, or a third Progenitor? It hasn't been stated, but my guess is that her psychic potential and energy have ramped up much further. If, as someone else suggested, Jade becomes the Matriarch of the Nymphs, that will be another energy stream for John and the girls to use. It'll be interesting to see what new powers awaken for Jade.

I strongly disagree with the statement that this chapter was filler. No, there weren't any thrilling space battles or dire threats to be dealt with, but everything -- absolutely everything -- in this chapter is necessary for the various arcs that Tefler has working.

Enormously well-done, as always, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wishing Edraele and you a speedy recovery Tefler ;-)

Well I now know what Henry Voss was thinking and I hope Rachel forgives her Dad and is proud of him when she finds out. Also, I'd say the man has earned his place on the board of directors for John's future business schemes.

P.S. Tefler is there like a technology ceiling or something for progenitors? I mean after they upgrade the shit out of everything and reach the ultimate-black-metal-wormhole-generating level or is it like to infinity and beyond?

Thanks for taking us all on an epic space roller coaster ride with this story

Cap'n Kirk

YazvanYazvanover 6 years ago
RE: Paranoia in overdrive

I agree that the Admiralty needs to be taken down. At this point they have become like a Greek tragedy in that by trying to prevent their fate, they make it happen (Oedipus comes to mind.) However, John is super busy and really doesn't have time for this shit. On the other hand, it seems like Admiral Charles Harris and Henry Voss have plenty of time. Maybe throw in Calara's father and brothers to help out. Call it a wedding gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Doomed Admiralty

Well, I see the near imminent demise of both the Fleet Admiral and Weber, possibly in a very painful way once John and crew discover that the High Command is experimenting on Jades kin to try to militarize them as shock troops. Knowing how Alyssa already feels regarding HC, and how Jade will take the knowledge of her sister nymphs being abused in such a manner, I think its going to end very badly for the Admirals. It's funny when Weber gloats that John will never know and find them... oh how absurdly misinformed that little toad is.. High Command is so desperately in need of a clearance firestorm. Buckingham I think is too far gone to save, Weber definitely rabid, Caldwell I think may still be salvageable but its getting close to the edge. As for Deveroux, I think she is a lost cause, but Mishra is probably the only one I might think safe right now

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I feel sorry for Edraele

She can't get a break. She is comatose and the supposed lover of her life 1st takes a holiday then goes saves the Trankarans (which is great) and takes an unnecessary detour to have a birthday party all while she is injured and waiting for rescue. Frankly, I've found John's actions uncaring. Most of this chapter was filler and we have quite a wait till the next. Ah well. Just heard you're sick, sorry about that. Winter is creeping on so this is time we all kind catch the sniffles. Im recovering from a bout now. Good luck. - whitewhalehunter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
i like how things with voss went

I admit i was building myself up to see him as a greedy opportunist or even as an antagonist that John would be loathe to have to directly bring harm, but him actually having good intentions was a twist I didn't really see coming. The proposal and rings has been a major event coming. Jade being welcomed back into the mental link/ inside Johns head and the twins kind of re-bonding, all of it flowed very well and nothing seemed forced or "staged".

Hope you feel better Tefler and thank you for your writings

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 6 years ago
What is next

So many ways to go. John needs to get the TF incompetence out. Will he add some males to the ship temporary ????????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All Smiles

What a great chapter. Honestly one of my favorites.

Jade's psychic blossoming and connection to John (Whaaat?). To see her now compared to some anime bimbo... This one is really loving her growing character! And what's crazy is that she's still growing in power. Maybe she'll develop some sort of psychic link similar to Sakura that can let her link to her Lenarran sisters? (As they are psychic creatures, could Jade sense their psychic imprints? Cant wait to see if Jade can help rescue her Lenarran sisters!)

Tashana and Alyssa's psychic battle. (Wooow!) Other than Prognitor John vs Alyssa back in the 50's (how far we've come), we really haven't had too much in the way of psychic duels. If that's just a taste of what we could see in the future, then I can't wait. As much fun as the conventional styled battles are, there's a greater sense of creativity and uniqueness to this fight (flame elementals and giant psychic hammers of doom? Awesome!) And Alyssa nonchalantly mentioning she was fighting with only 50 percent? Tashana's response was priceless.

The proposals (D'awwww!) Loved that John gave Dana and Alyssa a proper proposal, as well as finally proposing to Rill and Shan. I love ot that John's such a traditional and gentlemanly guy. And I laughed out loud when Faye had her little celebration later on. I swear Tefler you're the biggest tease when it comes to her body. Soon!

Happy Birthday Rachel! Now we have both Sakura's and Rachel's birthday dates! It is great to celebrate the little things. Any chance we'll find out everyone's bday down the line? For Jade it would be her rebirth fay and Fay for when Irillith created her. For scientific purposes of course.

Ril and Shan's bond (Yaaaay!) This was the one remaining shaky foundation for the invictus crew, and I'm so pleased to see it addressed in such a well written way. The twins are my favorite characters and I was so hoping for reconciliation and forgiveness, and from there reforging their bonds... but for them to actually *bond*? I was all smiles. Once again you're such a tease Tefler, I have to know what will happen! (I guess we know where Alyssa got her teasing from. ;))

So much happened in this chapter, and so many characters grew in so many ways. To be honest, today was a tough day for me. But reading this chapter really put a smile on my face. Thanks for all you do Tefler, and I hope you feel better.

-Patrick

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Is it just me or the AI sounds a bit creepy at times.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
John will never know that they've rounded up the other nymphs...?

Oh yeah, right... I'm going to love reading THAT one blow up in the admiralty's faces...

John's thoughts on them is going to go from "maybe they're not too happy with me but at least we're on the same side" to "Buckingham and his cohorts are going to regret fucking with me now." *chuckles...*

As always, loving your writing...

You've been spending a lot more time building plot and fleshing out the story... while you've turned me into an action junkie for your stories, I'm glad you're doing this... too much action would burn me out...

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Buckingham

I think that Buckingham will go after Jehenna to brand her a teller of rumors so that her "propaganda" for John be "neutralized". Bad choice, because he does not know how John's team works. Also if he recalls Rachel and Calara to active duty - as they are currently detached from the TFF - he does not know that he will be getting two perfect spies into "his" navy.

Alyssa's connections will get everything on a live "transmission", even their debriefing by Buckingham and the other admirals.

I do not want to be in his place when John send an away-team of Sakura and Jade or maybe the whole team in cloaking into the boardroom of the admirals on Terra. It would be nice to see that live on the network, so that no one can use the concept of not having seen it to be elected for an rigged Court of Law...

I only wonder if Buckingham is connected to the Black Ship that is used by the other progenitor, because I thing that we are just dealing with three progenitors now: John, John's father, who may be Buckingham, and Mael'Nerak. Alyssa and Jade may be a

progenitor now but are foremost Matriarchs like Eldraele.

The reason Buckingham may be Johns father is far fetched, but changing one's body may be a trick a progenitor has, which is donated to the Nymphs as a feature, so they can be used as gifts to valued underlings to ensure their loyalty and also a way to spy on them off course...

horned_lizardhorned_lizardover 6 years ago
Hell hath no fury-

-like a bunch of pissed off psychic women and a shapeshifting mega-predator. I want Charles to get a comm call with someone else, perhaps Voss, in the room to hear a one-sided conversation that goes like this:

"John, my friend, what a nice surprise. You'll be pleased to-

...

"They did /WHAT?!/"

...

"Jesus! How did Jade take-?

...

"To shreds, you say! Well what about the researc-"

...

"To shreds, you say! I can't really blame her, I only wish I could have been there; I'd have paid to see that."

Gonna be a bloodbath, that's for sure. Perhaps Jade can get a special suit of armor for her tiger-form so she could really go all out? That would be pretty fucking badass. OOH! And a whole bunch of OTHER suits for the new recruits! John'll have an /actual/ pride of lionesses with him!

Nice to see the twins finally bonded; that was quite touching. Now if John finally does his job and knocks up a bunch of Maliri babes, he can undoubtedly create a MASSIVE energy pool with the bond that will make. Seriously, enough with the 'noble father' shit. Everyone's gonna die (kids and others) or be enslaved (John's girls and the Maliri) if they fail, so it won't matter.

Here's an idea: Huge impregnation orgy via Jade. In very short order, hundreds, if not thousands, of Maliri could be knocked up and pooling their energy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved the chapter

But two things

One: Faye has a wallpaper? I’d think that an AI wouldn’t need a desktop (and hence no wall to paper), but you know.... maybe she’s lining her virtual walls with John’ face.

Two: I know it’s bad to chuckle when they’re probably being tortured, but I find it funny that they’re trying to turn the nymphs into a strike force when they compulsively can’t hold weapons. Heh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Super Chapter

My comments:

1. Tefler's writing skill just keeps ramping up. I went back and re-read the first few chapters - there is no comparison.

2. Sadly though, Tefler missed a great opportunity for gratuitous sexy time. John called Jahana on the space-phone and Dana wasn't under his desk.

3. Wizard duels are awesome, I loved it.

4. John's third matriarch is going to tear a huge smoking hole right through the TFed when she hears the news about her kittens being kidnapped. It will be legendary.

5. The proposal and wedding plan - awesome. Who will be the bridegrooms?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Groomsmen? and a couple other things

Charles, of course.

Ceraden, cuz he's an old friend, and to show/drive home John's alliance with the Maliri.

Fleet Warden Thandrun, maybe, if he's not too busy being Fleet Warden. Otherwise, the ambassador from the station Calara's brother is stationed on. The one they met before entering Trankaran space the first time.

Ularean and/or Talari and/or other members of the Ashanath Councillors.

Any/all of the above, plus a couple of long-shots: Commander Paul Richards, the Marine John and Alyssa met back in Chapter 15, when they first fought the Kirrix. And maybe even Balrac, the Kintark political prisoner they met on Xen Nuchek.

Especially if it's after all the fighting, it would be a great way to start rebuilding Terran/Kintark relations. (Assuming they can track him down, and he didn't get vaporised when the Invictus cleared itself a landing space.)

On another note, when Irillith finds out what's going on with the Nymphs, I see her destroying another data repository-on purpose, this time. And I can't waith to see the Admiralty's faces when they're forcibly reminded just how quickly John's "pet AI" hacked and shut down the Thor.

Plus, I don't see the Admirals' death being too painful. One little...uh..."little" bite from a T-Rex, and it's all over. Or Jade borrows as much power as Alyssa can give her and turns into an Apatasaurus to step on them. (I realize that's unrealistic, but it's fun to think about.)

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Showtime

I would like to see the faces of the admirals when John on the bridge of the Invictus transmitting live a conference when he announces that there is a combined fleet of Maliri, Trankarans, Drakars, and Ashanti _under his command_ is advancing to Terra to exact justice to said admirals for enslaving the Lessaran natives aka Nymphs; and/or hiding data pertaining their whereabouts; and/or their treatment by their Terran masters.

Off course, they are already in an orbit around the Sun, effectively surrounded the Terran bases, so they have already beaten them flathanded. Irilith should with Faye assisting be able to let them think that there is nobody present by hacking the datastreams into the stations of the personnel set to watch traffic in the Solar system.

And off course when Eldraele unhelmeted links into said stream with some nice remarks how stupid those Terrans are...

I think that Terra will enjoy a nice quiet revolution, only to be thrown later on into a major galactic battle, during which John will reach his final potential as a progenitor, absorbing his "guide".

John will tell finally what the Terrans are, an experiment from Mael'Nerak which has run wild for the time being, but now the claimant of the inheritance of Mael'Nerak - John off course - will set the rules for Terra, and enforce them. The fun is that all communications within the combined fleet will be done telepathically with Alyssa as the coordinating hub, Calara as the tactical overlord, Irilith as hacker in residence.

I wonder if Calara and Rachel will be recalled, which is nice conundrum for the admirals, everything they do is known directly by the percieved enemy, I wonder why;).

PaxITPaxITover 6 years ago
I strongly disagree...

... with anyone calling this a filler chapter.

A great writer creates personalities, characters, minds, emotions, feelings, and gives us a deeper insight into persons, how people are connected, their past, their memories, fears... Also their anguish, their family, their friends...

You Sir, are getting better chapter by chapter... And seeing more and more the emotional side as the key to building the most amazing story.

I know some will disagree with me here, but I am very happy with you toning down the sexual aspect of the story, and limiting it to events important to the story line.

The really good writers in here do just that, and over time, many have had to rewrite early chapters to make them into something you could publish, or print...

You have that development in your writing that is truly amazing to see, from a slightly above average writer in the beginning that caught my attention to a truly amazing writer now. And since you seem to get better and better with every chapter, who knows where you'll end up - this is truly amazing...

I'm looking forward to follow you as you develop, and look forward to every chapter.

Btw, since I once commented on you leaving the bridge unattended with a real risk of pirates pulling the Invictus out of Hyperwarp with a crew asleep or otherwise occupied, and you answered that you agreed with my angle... Did that spur you to create Faye, or was that planned already? Just curious... Maybe I'll apply for a paternity test for Faye if you acknowledge... ;) hehe

Keep up the good work - this is my favourite story :)

Pax

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Faye

"I once commented on you leaving the bridge unattended with a real risk of pirates pulling the Invictus out of Hyperwarp with a crew asleep or otherwise occupied... Did that spur you to create Faye, or was that planned already?"

I was strongly against the idea of creating an AI initially (I forget the reason now), but I remember about a year ago there was lots of interest in adding one to the Invictus. There are other suggestions I've continued to resist, such as the use of drones and missiles, but that's for a couple of reasons which I won't go into now.

The points you made about leaving the Bridge unattended was certainly a factor in adding an AI to the Invictus. In the end I created Faye as the "Jack-of-all-trades" girl, who supports the crew in a variety of functions. :-)

Tefler

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyover 6 years ago
The Admirals

Tef - I see you are building Star Trek Class Admirals (aka the Badmirals).

This is a sci-fi world and the military culture can be different, but so much of this story aims to be relatable to today. So, I wish there was a little bit more of war gaming of John's intentions -- good vs bad (from the admirals perspective). It's what militaries are trained to do. It would be good to see a least one admiral defending John more firmly.

Obviously, there is a going to be a reckoning. I would like to see John face a stunning betrayal where John and the gals are captured because of how unimaginably terrible the actions are. Then, I would like to see the Calara Family, Henry Voss, Charles, John's sword trainer and representatives from the other races intervene with eventually the masses of Terran forces and even citizens taking a stand that defeats the admirals. This continues to build on the theme of the power of positive leadership vs. leadership by intimidation.

In other news ;-) the world building and story arc continue to be amazing. Regarding characters and character development, I find Mrs. Calara, Faye, Charles and some of the other secondary characters to be more interesting than John and the gals. This is in part because of the similarity of the team's emotions (despite Dana's mouth), but more because of the repetition regarding their love, growth and lust. For example, I found Sakura more interesting when she was really shy.

I am not going to argue for less sex on a sex lit site. The challenge, of course, is what do you do for an encore after writing dozens of sex scenes? This challenge is even greater with serialized chapters where you want to have certain elements (to a degree) in every chapter. I would like to see some scenes with longer seductions before the clothes come off. Less overt seductions would also be good -- where John is very subtlely being seduced without being aware he is being teased despite the effect the gals are having on him. This can be things like an extra touch, an extra button undone, a fabric that may or may not be see-thru -- all while the gals find very good reasons for delaying giving him relief. All of this could be turned around on one of the gals too.

I am a fan of the Aubrey/Maturin (Master and Commander) series by Patrick O'Brien. Some of the best chapters in those books were times when Captain Aubrey had to run for this life in his ship because of running into an overwhelming force. I would love to see a long chase scene where the team has to use every trick in the book to get away.

I should say that I just a fairly complete re-read. I was constantly surprised at how much I had forgotten -- especially some things that yet to be addressed.

I would love to see a PG version of this story that I could share with people. I won't forward a hard-core story to my friends and family. Yes, a PG version would be a very different story in some ways, but the world building, shipbuilding, battles and central conflict are so good, the story would still be great.

As always, great work! I look forward to much more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Buckingham needs to go

John Blake needs to have his AI find out what the Terran Admirals are doing to the Nymphs and have the people get rid of the old Admirals ASAP - or better yet have Harris and Voss get them out or freeze all future fleet upgrades

OkamiyashaOkamiyashaover 6 years ago
The Nymphs

You have no idea how viscerally mad the admiralty made me with their treatment of the nymphs. I still get a feeling in my gut when I think of it.

fionareifionareiover 6 years ago
Nuuuuuu

Noooo not the nymph!

I hope they are released from the nightmare, not put in another again.

KnightofoilKnightofoilover 6 years ago
Always the too?L's think they are right.....

And they end up chow

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
And it's not just the Nymphs that are in Danger...

The Admiralty now has its sights set on Jehanna!

I'm honestly surprised it took this long (as they have shown their true colors quickly after Regulus), but Jehanna would be an easy and lucrative target for the Admiralty to seize.

If it wasn't clear that Jehanna was in John's inner circle, her interview on the siege of Yomi No Kuni made it crystal clear that she has information for them to aquire, by force if necessary. Plus I'm sure they know that she hasn't been "enthralled" yet (although she's already beautiful, I'd bet you the admiralty, thanks to Alyssa and Lynton, have a basic understanding of the transformation that progenitors provide. Jehanna isn't 5'9" for example).

So since Jehanna isn't one of John's girls, as well as being on Terra away from him, this gives them justification to aquire any information Jehanna might know. Plus, she has her parents that the Federation can use against her (as they wouldn't go against the Fernandez', John's made that very clear).

The admiralty is slimy, paranoid, and power hungry... and Jehanna looks too good of a target to pass up. John might have a woundrd bird to resue pretty soon!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
I totally failed to imagine Jade’s psychic breakthrough

Jade has always been one of my favorites but you shocked me with her new powers, Tef! Brilliant! Wonderful chapter, great continuation of increasing tech and characters!

As always, thanks again for posting here!

HillCountryCowboy

PaxITPaxITover 6 years ago
Faye...

Tefler wrote:

_______________________________________________

The points you made about leaving the Bridge unattended was certainly a factor in adding an AI to the Invictus. In the end I created Faye as the "Jack-of-all-trades" girl, who supports the crew in a variety of functions. :-)

Tefler

_______________________________________________

I'm honoured to be one of the sparks (pun intended) that brought Faye to life, she's become quite a favourite of mine, and I can't wait for her to get herself a body.

And don't you dare to ever make Faye go bad, we are way too many who would be very upset with you if you did... And now I'll feel fatherly towards her too, which will make it troubling when you write sex scenes with her included in her new body... *sigh*

Having said that, could I please borrow Faye and Irrilith to help my software development team for a while? Mobile Security applications? I think their help would give my team a tremendous boost ;) hehe

Keep up the good work, I hope I some day will read chapter 1 000...

Pax

FervorFervorover 6 years ago
Amazing

Great chapter. It was full of things i was hoping for, not to mention pleasant surprises. I love how tef makes it obvious he reads his fans comments and criticisms, but still keeps the story natural. While there were no battles or major plot twists, it still felt like a lot of stuff happened, because i finally felt some relief from loose threads.

My only complaint is the admiralty. It has been a while since i read it, so maybe im just fuzzy, but i thought during John's intro to them, it was more balanced of some being tools and others upstanding people. Now they all seem like selfish, narrow-minded power grabbers that lack the capacity for foresight. I know ruling bodies are full of ambitious people, but all of the authority figures John interacts with (with a couple exceptions) have been corrupt, incompetent, or otherwise averse to progress without being drastically forced to change.

Ashanath had to be threatened with extinction to open a true alliance. Their situation felt pretty natural at the time, since their historical knowledge led to fear. But then the entire maliri leadership structure had to be reworked, the trankarans couldnt get anything done and needed a spiritual reawakening, the wastelands were ruled by criminal overlords and had to be eradicated, the drakkar were mindless brutes that also needed eradicated, and now the admiralty are proving to be simultaneously incompetent, corrupt, and selfish. I understand a lot of people have problems with authority, but i, personally, would like to see leadership portrayed with more variety. Take the good with the bad.

I may be griping here, i just love this series and the admiralty kind of pulled me out of it a little. I have faith that tefler will resolve the situation in an entertaining way. After he get better of course. Get well soon, tef!

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyover 6 years ago
Fervor -- I'm With You

I like watching/reading really competent good guys going up against really competent bad guys. I dislike when folks are being idiots -- and there is a fair bit of that going on.

While I can't deny this is a complaint, I really don't mean it as such. I don't expect stories to cater to my individual tastes.

I made a comment about 'Badmirals' in Star Trek. This was a term coined from TNG. In TOS it was Commodores. The reason for them was they were in a position of authority over the Kirk and Picard. I think one of the reasons that Star Trek Discovery made a non-captain the main character was so they could have that conflict on the ship. To me, the Terran Admirals are playing that same sort of Bad Admiral role. I will be happy if at least one of them besides Charles turns out not to be part of the idiot squad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Human potential-

-never seace to amaze me. The Admiralty, faced with a potential powerful ally, instead goes to great lengths and effort, to hinder said ally's efforts any chance they find. And for what reason? Simply out of spite, and fear. All the while, refusing to realise that all their efforts to stop him from taking their power away, only manages to hasten their own demise. I foresee a change in leadership among the Admiralty, in a not too distant future. "Politicians and diapers should be changed often, both for the same reason."

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
Well, I'm just gonna say it

In the context of the 3SM universe, all the biological girls' abilities have constructive and destructive applications. Except one.

Alyssa can channel psychic energy to the group. And she can go "Hulk smash!" with her telekinesis on bad guys.

Calara can foresee and help avoid catastrophes and use her analytical abilities for the greater good. And she fights at superspeed and destroys ships like nobody's business.

Dana creates super-sophisticated technology that improves air quality and makes space ships more efficient. And she creates extraordinary weapons and can melt steel and the gods know what else. Maybe ships.

Jade can share John's healing, transformative cum with the girls and with hordes of Maliri. And she can transform into a 900-pound tiger with electrified claws (among other things).

Irillith can single-handedly power a train if need be. And she can hack the computer systems of almost any humanoid race and fry bad guys on the fly.

Sakura's ability to control cold hasn't been fully explored, but it's easy to see that with some additional control, she could stop bleeding and possibly induce cryothermia if needed. And, she can literally freeze bad guys and reduce the cool-down time of laser weapons to zero, allowing for massive destruction.

Tashana's fire abilities aren't fully unexplored, but it's easy to imagine that she could control and extinguish fires if need be. She could also rapidly warm John, the crew, and probably a hundred rescues if need be. And, of course, she can supercharge bullets and burn just about anything to slag or ash.

Rachel is the sole exception. So far, she's used her powers only to heal. When she discovers the flip side of her ability -- we had a preview in some the memories that flattened Alyssa aboard the Ashanath ship -- it's going to be a crisis of conscience like nothing we've seen in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Admirals

I am pretty sure that not all of the admirals are there at these meetings. This would be why Charles is not seeking up and why the split between the admirals is not shown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Most Senior Admirals

So, Buckingham is the Fleet Admiral -- the most senior. Not sure about the others, they are all full admirals, but are they the most senior? With the exception of Lynnette, they were all at Dragon March. I assume that most of the top brass would work out of the capital. There would be a lot of admirals in a military force as large as that for the Terran Federation.

So yeah, I guess you could just have five stupid players out of an otherwise capable leadership team.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rings and Things

Tefler, I hope you can go into detail about the rest of the rings!

Alyssa: Brilliant Sapphire

Calara: ??? (Probably a Chocolate Diamond)

Dana: Sky Blue Sapphire - Golden Halo

Jade: ??? (I'd assume Emerald, or Peridot)

Rachel: Misty Grey Diamond

Irillith: Amethyst - Blue Spark

Faye: Amethyst - Light Luminescence

Edraele: Regal Purple Amethyst

Sakura: Chocolate Diamond - White Frosted

Tashana: Amethyst - Red Flare

I know you're hesitant to add more girls at this time, but thankfully there are plenty more precious stones if you change your mind. ;) (aka we need more alien girls!)

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Chapter 94

Tefler has announced on Patreon that the first half of the chapter is in the hands of the editors, so I hope it will be completed at the end of the month. Also he mentioned a new cover for the first e-book, because the second e-book will get the original cover of the first one.

As I buy the hard-copy that will be confusion in the bookcase, but who is to complain?

Good to hear that you are well again Tefler, and thanks for the story where some nice twists are being prepared...

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Some thoughts about the future in Tefler's Universe:

The Maliri need to create a MASSIVE armada, like 5 times their current size if they are going to be the de-facto protectors of the Alliance worlds. At that point, the Terrans will have to join since they will be surrounded by a unified military force greater than their wildest fears.

Each ship in that armada needs to have white haired Maliri on the ship to ensure everyone stays on mission and in the fold.

Each ship needs a couple of Calaras for tactical and weapons (the number relative to the number of weapons on the ship, a Rachel for healing, a Dana for runes and maintenance, and a Captain capable of telepathic coms ability.

Each fleet needs a full contingent of Raptor type transport/gunships with extreme firepower. All ships need to be equipped with Quantum drives, extreme shields, and runed Crystal Alyssium plating; right down to the gunships.

Each fleet needs a Marine battalion made up of the Drakkar with an advanced Mech contingent for ground ops (based upon a smaller version of the Valkyrie).

John needs to put his sperm into a bottled drink so he can massively and quickly create a huge contingent of white haired Maliri to man this Navy...those with special powers get more drinks so John can empower them.

As for the Regency itself, I believe Edraele needs to become a Progen like Alyssa for several reasons:

John's offspring will need an extremely powerful mentor to help them mature, especially with their genetic heritage.

John is not one to settle down in one place for long, he is a wanderer...and the Maliri Regency will need a strong consort/ruler to maintain order. Especially true given the upcoming population explosion in the next century.

Additionally, the 4 Matriarchs need special powers that will help them govern. I eventually see the Regency being consolidated through the 4 of them and Edraele.

Luna and Almari and Ilyana all need Sakura's martial arts skills and her super speed, along with Irilith's ability to interface and hack computer systems through spirit walking and telepathy so they can head up the assassin, spy, and Praetorian Guard clans to help them better protect the 5 Matriarchs. Their children can eventually populate these protective clans with said abilities.

Makaela needs telepathic skills and her tech subordinates need Dana's skills so they can develop and maintain the ship building program along with enhancing Genthalis Station, and the trading stations' tech and security.

Several technicians at Genthalis need a high level of telekenesis so they can, with the help of Ashanath psychic enhancers, make the Crystal Alyssium for the new Armada.

The Maliri need to create a diplomatic corps and begin building Embassies on the various race's home worlds.

Trade, along with protected shipping lanes needs to increase dramatically. This serves several purposes, prosperity for one, and cultural exchange for another.

John needs to create specialized Gia class worlds for farming, education, orphans, and recreation and provide cheap star system mass transportation and minimal costs for the recreation worlds. The farm and rec worlds will create massive income to support the orphanage and education worlds while the latter two will create the opportunity for spreading John's ethos throughout this part of the Galaxy.

And when all is set: then comes an invading force of unified Progens who attempt to conquer the Alliance. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Book?s

I see here that you are planning an ebook. Great!. However I think there are some things to think through first.

1)how can silicon based life forms be at all compatible with the other related species, let alone be made from a progenitor template?

2) science fiction is perhaps most difficult when it is close to our own world and experience. You speak of a third strand of DNA:if you understand DNA, you know that of the two real strands, only one codes for anything, the other acts as a template primarily. For the third strand to be copied when cells divide, there would need to be a fourth strand to act as a template. It might make sense that John could somehow activate an existing third strand, but not that he could add them to all the existing cells in the body.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
DNA

Actually, both strands of a DNA helix act as templates for the other side. You are confusing DNA with RNA. And the idea of multiple strands of DNA in Science Fiction is well known (look at the 5th Element movie for an example).

DNA is an acronym for deoxyribonucleic acid.

Deoxyribose - This is a sugar, known chemically as a pentose, a five-carbon sugar.

Nucleic - Refers to the location of DNA inside the nucleus. The molecule was originally called 'nuclein' by Frederick Miescher, the man who discovered DNA in 1869.

Acid - It is a phosphoric acid.

If you look at phosphorus in the chart of elements, you will see it has three open slots for bonding...so it is not out of the realm of known physical elemental reactions to create a triple helix DNA. One RNA to map two different strands using an isotope of pentose is chemically very possible.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
And on adding a 3 strand of DNA to existing cells

That is not necessary since all the cells in the body are replaced on a regular basis. Just replace them with new and improved cells.

GalgareeGalgareeover 6 years ago
dr. claw

You know, with how many chapters end with the ominous Big Bad thinking about John and plotting but not acting, I am reminded of Dr. Claw in Inspector Gadget. XD

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
My Wedding Party

Groomsmen

Fleet Warden Thandrun of the Trankarans

Sub-Warden Dhormun of the Trankarans

Ceraden of the Maliri

Charles of the Terrans

Ularean of the Ashanath

Talari of the Ashanath

Mateo Calara's Brother

Dylan Calara's Brother

Eduardo Calara's Brother

Henry Voss Rachel's Father

Bridesmaids

Rachel

Alyssa

Jade

Dana

Faye

Irillith

Tashana

Edreale

Jehenna

Niskera

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
More on the wedding planning

OH! I forgot Yamamoto! Mishra can be the Justice of the Peace! LOL

ALL the white haired Maliri are on the Grooms side btw. And all the Maliri wear the cloaking hats the twins used.

The Drakkar are in charge of security...lmao

The full dinner reception will be Maliri, Old World Italian, Japanese, with a few dishes from the Trankarans and Ashanath. The Drakkar will have the herd of hogs before and a herd of cows after the festivities. It is just not wise for them to mix their meats.

TFNN has full rights to the intergalactic broadcast.

The clothing boutique where Rachel worked before graduation will have all the gowns and tuxedoes provided for the groomsmen and bridesmaids...lols at the Trankarans and Ashanath in Tuxes...Thinking they just wear their own formal wear...

Thinks of some more 'Drivil' to pass the time as we wait......hmmmm.....Of course, the Entire planet will have to be on lockdown. Hell, the entire solar system. The respective Alliance members will have to coordinate with the digital Fay's on that one. Probably have some war games after for entertainment...shoot to shields out only. Which means no Nova Lances

Will have to draw straws between the races to get the two Alliance members who get to choose the sides.

All wedding gifts will be in the form of Donations to the Inter-Species Orphanage Fund.

The Wedding Gown WILL be white, with a 20 foot train (with integrated anti-grav so it doesn't actually drag) and gives the impression Calara is floating across the ground. C'Mon folks, chime in....we need to help Calara plan this thing.

What gifts do we give the attendees?

Hmmm...thinking the male attendees get a deca folded Crystal Alyssium multi-tool, sized for their body type, similar to this one: https://www.swissknifeshop.com/leatherman-charge-tti-multi-tool-with-standard-nylon-sheath?msclkid=7d228d29f4931c8dfee5d73c75d2c051&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)%20Shopping%20-%20Leatherman&utm_term=1100506065133&utm_content=Charge Have to make the tools on it upgraded for that century of course....perhaps with a high grade laser, etc.

Oh, and everyone gets one of these, In Crystal Allysium, with each quadrilateral encompasing a member of the Alliance: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shrivatsa.JPG

What should the weather be like? Thinking the ceremony and reception will have to be outdoors. And we can announce the end of festivities with a nice, dramatic thunderstorm off in the distance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Admiralty

Here's the list of the Admirals, and where they stand:

Anthony Kester: Definitely a supporter of John, but an outsider of the Admiralty. Ally.

Carl Weber: Has been suspicious and antagonistic of John since day 1. Foe.

Cartwright: Not much is known about him, but seems to be interested in whatever helps him achieve power. Unlikely to be an ally.

Charles Harris: John's greatest ally in the TFed. Ally.

Edwin Caldwell: Although friendly and eager to help John at first, he seems to have grown more suspicious and paranoid of John. Unlikely to be an ally.

Eleanor Maybridge: Not too much is known about her. Unknown.

Jayanti Mishra: Although she remains wary of John, she is the voice of reason within High Command when it comes to the Invictus crew. Leaning ally.

Lynette Devereux: She always saw John as a tool to attain power. Now that he's beyond her influence she sees him as a potential threat. Foe.

Richard Dacres: Like Eleanor, we dont know too much about Richard. Unknown.

Vincent Buckingham: While being a excellent war leader, his paranoia of John has made him fearful and callous. Foe.

So, while High Command seems set againsy John (with the exception of Mishra), there's still admirals who see John as a friend and ally.

Charles Harris, Anthony Kester, and Jayanti Mishra could form a new High Command if there was ever confrontation between John and the Admiralty.

KRONOS_TITANKRONOS_TITANover 6 years ago
poor nymphs ;-;

I really want them to find a home and be safe in the near future, although the dynamic of adding them to the harem would be interesting..... BUT while the don't bleed I don't want them to fall into the hands of sadistic taskmasters and geneticists for experimentation and cloning.

I want the admiralty broken and shut down, no matter the repercussions.......

Kronos

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Potential PROBLEM with Fay & Drones

Fay was a great addition and added much to the story so far and quite frankly is STILL also in danger of falling victim to "AI-psychosis".

IMHO that part was too quickly glossed over. Alyssa is sorely in dereliction of her Matriarch duties there, although not her fault because it´s Irrilith´s duty to notice her kid getting weird.

My actual point though is a warning that you´re having a potentially HUGE plot hole lurking.

Fay and her remote control abilities.

Till now you´ve elegantly avoided problems by giving her "lag", but there already exists a tech in your universe that defeats just this, THE DEVICE John used to train with his sword master.

If there´s a way to have instant real time VR to VASTLY remote places, then you can have drones using that too.

Then why should ANYBODY even sit in space ships, let alone fighters.

You really have to reign in that part of your "SciFi-magic".

Oh and you cannot use the easy "only progenitor tech makes it go" caveat either.

You got the same problem there too.

Why the heck have thralls when you can just program oodles of AI and throw millions of real-time remote controlled drones at each other.

Your story is awesome and cannot wait for the next installment.

Good luck & have fun. :)

-bkwrm36

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, the American one anyways!

Still, thankful for Tefler and the story he has crafted. Thanks again for the wonderful worlds and characters! Here's to many more adventures upon the Invictus!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The admirals

I don't think the admirals are as petty or incompetent as many people think. They are ambitious, aggressive and power hungry, willing to invade other species territory when the balance of power is in their favour or have higher ranked admirals fired for incompetence as a bloodless coup.

Their problem is that they are projecting this onto John. They see his ship, his tech level, psychic power and popularity and realise he could take over the T-Fed in a month if he wanted to. They don't understand someone who has all this power and won't use it. BSP is in a similar situation. He laughs at John for going to extreme lengths to protect 'lesser' species. He doesn't understand why John doesn't build a Black Ship. John has the genetic knowledge but it's locked in with PJ. BSP also wouldn't understand another Progenitor not using his guide to gain knowledge and power as quickly as possible. He probably views John the same way as you would veiw a man running around trying to stop squirrels fighting each other with a sharpened stick. To BSP John is risking his life doing a pointless thing. BSP doesn't care if an entire species or planet was wiped out, he could just remake them, or make a new species that better served him.

At this point the Admiralty has almost no proof that BSP exist, apart from two weapon discharges at the Battle of Regulas. It is much easier to believe that there is no evil mastermind controlling galactic empires. It is a combination of dread that there is an immortal unstoppable demi-god coming to enslave or destroy your entire species and a lifelong sense of pride in your position as an Admiral of the Terran Federation. A person that commands massive warship, the biggest, most powerful weapon in human history, who makes decisions for hundreds of worlds and trillions of people. To be told by some civilian trader that you are a child building sandcastles and playing with toys, that the adults are going to have a fight and you better run and hide would be a massive blow to the pride and sense of self. Many people in history have refused to accept the truth because it is to painful. Pride and fear keep them from making rational decisions.

FervorFervorover 6 years ago
@anon

Maybe we just have a different standard of leadership. You said their pride and fear keep them from making rational decisions, but also said they were competent.

To me, if a leader allows their pride and fear to rule them, they are by definition incompetent. If you are in that high of a position of power, it is your responsibility to weigh matters in an objective, rational way. You have to plan, taking into account as many controllable factors as you can, and make a risk/reward analysis for your decisions. The US army starts teaching that at the sergeant level, not to mention generals.

They also warn about group think. If you have all those generals sitting in a room planning, somebody should be questioning the risky decisions or plans. If done in a respectful way, it is actually encouraged, because that means you can foresee more problems and avert unnecessary risks in the planning stage, instead of reacting in the action phase.

Im not saying people cant be human and make mistakes, but if you are making such big mistakes, that directly translates to me as incompetent.

jlmnjlmnover 6 years ago
another fun idea for upgrades

Tefler somewhat shot this down already in an earlier comment, saying that he's been resisting the suggestion to use drones, but I'll throw it out there anyway for general interest.

I was thinking about the still pending (since ch. 11!) trip to trade with the Brimorians for shield tech, what they should with all their hanger space, my previous suggestion to have Faye pilot a flotilla of crewless screening ships, and (non TSM) Culture GSVs, and came up with another idea for what to do with their excess hanger space.

I don't recall that a range has been established for shields in the TSM universe. Assuming that the range is greater than just outside the physical hull, they could use the hanger to hold and deploy shield drones. Essentially, they would just be a shield generator, maneuvering thrusters sufficient for station keeping while the Invictus maneuvers in battle, fairly simple computers sufficient for (deterministic, not AI) station keeping, and a giant power core to drive the lot of it.

A handful in a zone layout around the ship would theoretically double their shielding (or more, if small enough to have lots for concentric layers). They could also rotate through hot spots, allowing a drone that was at it's limit time to recover. The shield drones could be fairly small, making them hard to target directly if their shields did give out, and they could be programmed to either pull in near the ship for protection or just run away from the battle when their shield generators died.

Probably not going to happen since Tefler doesn't want drones, but it amused me.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyover 6 years ago
Structure of the Terran Military?

I believe the TFed is governed by the military. This makes the head of the military the head of the government.

The Fleet Admiral seems like a five-star equivalent admiral both by name of the rank and by role out at Dragon March. Furthermore, all of Buckingham's Admirals seem like they are in charge of something like Carrier (Dreadnought) Groups -- or maybe regional fleets, equivalent to the US Atlantic and Pacific Fleets. However, I don't believe there is any mention of anyone above the Fleet Admiral. So, I don't know if there is a Chief of Naval Operations, Secretary of the Navy, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs or Secretary of Defence equivalents.

This raises the issue of the branches of military. John is/was in the Marines. Do we know what the branch that runs the ships is called? Is there a defensive Coast Guard equivalent? Would a planetary invasion be carried out by the Marines or is there an Army?

The TFed Marines use U.S. Navy Ranks -- the same as the TFed naval-style forces. Is one of the admirals with Buckingham a Marine? It doesn't seem like it. Even if there are no separate branches in the TFed, it seems like there should be a head of the Marines much like there is a four-star officer in charge of US Special Operations Command. It would be interesting for such an officer to be a bit more protective of John.

Finally, I understand the concept of conservation-of-characters with a story where you simplify things so people can follow along. However, it feels more like the TFed is being run like a family real estate business than a sprawling interplanetary federation. Some more hints at specialists working the operations would be useful even if they are getting shot down by the top brass.

Tefler has done an amazing job at world building with species and tech. Given the military features so prominently in this story, I would love to see more world building with the military structure.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Chapter 94

On Patreon last Thursday was it a day for Thanksgiving to the addicts because chapter 94 was released then. So I hope chapter 94 will be out in the wild later this week?

Please Tefler...

rideroffemalesrideroffemalesover 6 years ago
progenitor side

Actually story is going on a a quiet good pace but it I think you should show progress with Blake's progenitor side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To Do List!

It's that time again folks!

Tashana and Irillith will finish their bond... what will happen as a result?

When Alyssa mentions "And that makes three", does that mean three women able to read John's thoughts (Alyssa, Edraele, and Jade) or three girls now part of John's psychic portrait (Calara, Sakura, and Jade)?

What does the merging of portraits signify, beyond personal trust and love?

Visit the Maliri to restore Edraele's health, recieve Faye's remaining parts, and potentially restore the lines with the young Matriarchs. (For some reason I have a bad feeling about Edraele and the others...).

Get Faye in her body!

Visit Jehanna and bring her closer to becoming entralled (John needs to come up with a more positive word for connecting girls to himself haha).

Search for Nymphs and potentially run into the Admiralty plot against him.

Somehow (this may be a while away) get the TFed to join his alliance.

Visit Brimorian space to aquire shield tech (and a new alien girl. We've got plenty of Terrans, and water powers would be kick ass)

Figure out the Kintark plot against the TFed (maybe even get his own Lusty Argonian Maid. ;)).

Confront his progenitor side (maybe the merged portrait will allow the other girls to help him within the psychic realm? He's still not close to PJ's powers).

Head to Arcadia to find clues on his mother and father.

Figure out how the Ether Abominations function in order to safely recreate parents, for their permission to marry.

Marry the girls!

Baby making time!

Sexy pregnant shenanigans!

Kids!

UNIVERSE WIDE ADVENTURES (Eternity is a long time, just saying!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Undercover work and more...

Time for Jade to go under cover. Let Rill and Faye create some leads to her position and let the Navy come and "capture" her. When she is reunited with the others Alyssa will know where she is and they all can be collected.

There are three female admirals that are really thirsty for one of John's special milkshakes. Just saying...

For collecting the Nymphs I think Jade should grow a special appendage for male admirals and it is about time to find out what some of John's juice does to the males.

Test_PatternTest_Patternover 6 years ago
Re: TheTorontoGuy

"....it feels more like the TFed is being run like a family real estate business"

Doesn't that sound like the USA? As in Trump Enterprises running it??

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ch. 94

Tefler completed Ch. 94 last Thursday, and is already working hard on Ch. 95. What a guy!

Hopefully final edits will be completed soon and we'll be reading away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
2,000,000 words and counting

Congrats to Tefler. According to my records, somewhere in the Ch. 93 submission is the 2,000,000th word that is part of the ongoing story. (I need to be doing something between the author's submissions, so why not count words?) And while authoring 2,000,000 words is quite a feat, it is the way Tefler has put those words together that makes this story so wonderful. Thank you! I am looking forward to the next million words to see where the story will be at that time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dark side

I loved this chapter. I know alot of people though it was filler, but I totally disagree. I just finished a re-read again this time I noticed John doing a lot of after the fact work. John needs to get mean and set a serious example over the nymphs. Your writing has gotten better and better. Keep it up. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Tefler any updates on the new chapter pls?????????????????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
everyone should start to get ready for the end!

tefler is becoming a very successful writer and that is good for him. but people should start getting the idea in their heads that he might stop posting for literotica. since this is a free website and by selling tsm as a eBook he gets more money than posting it here. i am happy for him and hope he can become the best erotic/scify writer there is. but for the rest of us that can not afford to be a patron or buy his eBooks like me should prepare for this possibility.

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 94 - status

I finished Chapter 94 last week and edits are nearly done. I still need to go through and make some tweaks, which I'll do on Friday, as I'm on a roll with chapter 95 and want to finish it first!

Chapter 94 should be up on literotica sometime next week. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Progenitor Side

I agree. John has been dodging his need to sort out PJ and its affecting the team. BSP has the kintarks and Brimorians on his side still not to mention whatever the eshunu are up to; he really needs to be up to snuff to combat all that. It great highlights the girls powered up but it's about time he became what he was meant to be.

Tef, did I send you feedback by mistake instead of a comment? - whitewhalehunter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow.

Admiral Douchebag is about to bite off way more than he can chew.im looking forward to watching him choke on it lol.

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 6 years ago
Getting ready

WTF don’t start putting out shit we all love the story. We all think that Tefler would telll us himself if he was going to kill the free chapters he has only put out one book give the man a chance here. The best part is your posting as Anonymous. Tefler give us the truth are you going to pull the works you are doing here on literotica.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Chapter 95

Okay, chapter 95 is now out on Patreon, so I hope chapter 94 will be soon up here.

I wonder what will happen in chapter 94, because the comments here are hoping for a stupid action the TFed admirals will make to anger the crew of the Invictus, forcing them to take over the TFed government activly.

Maybe the stupid action of the admirals will force John to confront Progenitor-John and take possession of his full powers, freeing the nymphs to become an "accumulator" for psychic energy, freeing the Maliri of a major part of this task.

Then onto the Black Ship Progenitor, after the visit to the Brimorian empire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes, even writers need to sleep

I am so tired of the whining about when the next chapter will be posted. Every 30 days Tefler posts a minimum of two long chapters and almost always three. On Patreon the chapters appear about every 10 days, Literotica posts are not as evenly spaced because of the site's review policies. Three monumental posts a month! Tef is running at 250%. And on Lit you get it for free. Enough already. Tef is amazingly productive.

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 94 status

I finished editing chapter 94 this morning and I have just submitted it for moderation! Sorry for the wait, my November schedule got a bit thrown after catching the flu.

I also completed chapter 95 yesterday and posted it on Patreon, so I'll be working through the edits for that over the upcoming few days.

Tefler

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 6 years ago
Thank you

Can’t wait till the new chapters are out

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anon

It's not whining, you insufferable jackass. We're not telling him to go faster, we just want to know how the chapter is progressing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks Tefler

Hope you're feeling better (I know that being sick enfeebles both the body and mind, so being on your A-game must have been tough!). From reading this chapter (one of my favorites) to seeing you go beast mode through 94 and 95, its awesome to see you grow as an author.

Thanks again, and Im very grateful for your amazing story!

-Patrick

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nice

Love each time a new chapter comes out that's for keeping this going but a question when it's done will you make a Kindle book or some full thing with it all to save thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tefler

You're the best for getting us two chapters so close to each other. We don't have them yet but knowing they're on their way is a BIG BONUS.

Also I never saw your comment about being sick. Hope you get better soon. I use oil of oregano for that and it kicks it in the butt quickly.

All the best and cannot wait for 94 to show up. you are the top writer with TSM on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
very good

I just finished rereading the whole story. excellent

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Holy crap

I stop reading for a few weeks due to flu and catching up and you drop 2 stories. Lol ;). Tefler just brilliant as always. Also the Admirals are rat bastards and deserve the wrath they will have. ( I hope ) :) stn save the nymphs.. Thank you Tef. Dawn

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Words Fail.

Can only say Tefler that I hope you get at least some small measure of enjoyment in writing this epic compared to that which we your readers get with reading each chapter that you bestow upon us. 🚀

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome!

I love this story and I have been reading it for a while... Even if this story never ends, I don't think I will ever get tired of it! It is seriously almost every genre I enjoy, although I hope that those admirals get skinned alive by Jade... There arrogant a-holes, and stubborn idiots... It is always so gratifying when you depict a bad guy getting what is competing to him... Keep up the good work!...

cummer_elitecummer_eliteabout 6 years ago
Enough...

John is a God for god's sake ,just let him kick the admirals asses to oblivion.....

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyabout 6 years ago
Can't wait

I can't wait until John takes down the evil admirals, and I know that I will thoroughly enjoy the storylines that Tefler will use to bring that to fruition.

5ton3kill3r5ton3kill3ralmost 6 years ago
Reality

Its funny how well he protrays humanity. Dead on. Especially the government. I have no doubt that shit lile this happens all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
4th read thru

4th rad thru the chapter and that admiral is still a class a dick keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

In this story, I'd say my rating of favorite race goes something like this:

1. Maliri

2. Trankarans

3. Bolon

4. Slarmin

5. Progenitors

6. Drakkar

7. Terrans & Kirrix

(Maybe I'm embellishing a little, but those terran high command SOBs are definitely not higher than 6.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pondering

I'd like to see Jehanna settle down on earth with a human boyfriend similar to all the white haired Maliri John released after mating. It'd be an interesting dynamic.

I also would like to see what a kintark thrall queen would look like.

pornonxpornonxabout 5 years ago
Oh the humanity

I've had a suspicion for a little while now, but I am almost sure at this point that humans *are* progenitors, without any of the DNA modifications that eventually changed them into what they became. The ears and genitals are just some of the earlier modifications that stuck around even after they began to delve deeper into psychic manipulation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Signing their own death warrants

Well, that's two admirals signing up for a grisly death...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
On oh!

Ilirill will have no problem getting info on the captured nymphs

I forecast pain and suffering for the admirility

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Despite give it Alyssa

The go ahead to rummage through high commands minds..... he won't allow his god level hacker to invade their systems..... sigh

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Is Vincent mad?

He just admitted they can't fight Blake and win, then picks a fight. Him lick him head. SMH

FVLL3NFVLL3Nover 3 years ago
Anonymous 09/05/20

He doesn't want to start anything with them as he doesn't know they are plotting against him. Anyone that is sane could see that messing with John is I'll advised as demonstrated by the Trankarans, Ashanath, and the I'll fated Drakkar and Kirrix. He believed in them more than he should've.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's fun to watch the Terran admirals. Some are simply stuck in the preexisting mindset even though the situation has changed, but others are just a little too wedded to _personal_ power, I think...

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Great character building and development, especially those High Command Admirals, make me curious about how that military Authority ended up in charge... no current civilian government could do it for more than a minute. And all the stuff with the engagement rings, and the twin's relationship healing and bonding... great stuff Tef, more and still more please! ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wanna see Sakura and Alyssa dual each other in a psychic battle.

SpeedyPSpeedyPalmost 2 years ago

On my reread i think there may be an error. The age of rachel was older than 18 turning 19 if i remember right.

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

How stupid can the Admiralty be? they asking to be put down. And now taking the Nymphs oh no.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Wonder where Charles and Henry will end up in this Terra military v John et al "conflict".,

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Don't worry, you can count on me to keep you safe!"

ranec1

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

Wow! .... Tef's TSM space is a wild place -- Zeta Telescopii with it's warm Orange Star and a dozen habitable worlds, ... it must have a huge Goldilocks Zone, and I think that it would mean that the star is a Giant, many times our own sun's size: Zeta Telescopii was a spectacular anomaly amongst the hundreds of systems in the Federation, containing over a dozen habitable planets, each one supporting a thriving Terran colony. Eleven of them were quite lovely continental planets, somewhat reminiscent of Terra itself, but the planet known as Myra's World was the crowning jewel of the system. definitely worth the visit, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

Oh, and a comment from a year ago by SpeedyP, regarding Rachels age, thinks she should be older: ... well, she was emancipated from Hemry Voss, 16 October 2776, at the age of 16 years old, she spent two years getting her Medical degree (she's a genius), so she was a brand-new 2nd Lt in 2778, when John and Alyssa rescued her, she then turned 19 in 2779, celebrated on Myra's World, with a picnic, ... I do not recall any reference to make me think she was older, ... but then Tef did make Kali Loraleth younger by 4 years, so maybe, ... ;-) ttfn

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES