All Comments on 'Three Tuesdays'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 303 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story

Ohio, I'm impressed. You'd been doing the "reconcilliation at all costs" thing so much that this was a pleasant surprise. I hope you'll keep mixing it up and have reconcillation where it's warranted only.

WordcutterWordcutteralmost 18 years ago
woah....

Your stuph is ALWAYS great, but the twist at the tail of this tale was the best. Knocked me clean outta my chair.

[just got back from answering the door. Neighbors were wondering why the hell I was chanting the name of a 4-letter fly-over state... ;)]

You da dood....

B

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
bittersweet story, yes

it's unfortunate you didn't give Shannon more space and time to help heal Will's deep wounds; it seems like Shannon would be able to heal his wounds, with her caring smiles and soothing embrace.

i thought the author mae it easy for Anne's that last time; it would have been braver to have Anne maintain her deep regretful stance. but her callous question of "I wonder if YOU, Will, made the right decision" (about the divorce and not looking back) simply gave him the ammunition he wanted:

"No, I think you and me all the time, but I never get past thinking about you making the wrong decision."

Ohio, you privided Will with incredibly decisive lines; you should have also given Anne the same lines. It would have have deeper, more paiful impact. Not that Will should ever go back to such a callous woman, though; but Anne's slightly more intelligent than Shelley, that's for sure.

great little story; thank you!

MatAbrahamMatAbrahamalmost 18 years ago
Truly great start and end

After reading House of Cards, Twenty Minutes etc, one's expectations of the husband going in for forgiveness, may be after counselling and some flings is what I was expecting at first.

Not being able to forget is natutal. When Will encountered Anne for the first time after the divorce, I felt that I knew the ending. So much so that at the end of the story, I expected Anne to be in bed with Will. Bringing Sharon back was a majestic stroke.

I truly enjoyed the sequence of creative events that got the story started, with the intoduction of the sister in law being caught. Also the fact that women need to share their 'affairs' with others who are in the same boat.

Look forward to reading your next work, which goes without saying will be another master piece.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 18 years ago
Seriously,

Ohio, you could have gone the route of counseling, given how remorseful Anne sounded most of the time, which is unlike your bimbo Shelley character who started swearing at Will the minute Dave gave her her notice! lol

During many long, frustration counseling sessions, Anne would reveal how in her subconscious mind she must have thought she didn't deserve Will, 'tis why she went out to ruin their almost-perfect marriage, with some big dick who took off the first sign of trouble!

What irony, though, as you wrote it: Anne ended up with the short end of the stick, everything wise: marriage, reputation, money, love,,, But she's prepared herself for big dicks, though. Obviously faithfulness, trust, loyalty, etc. were not very important to her --- beyond her spounse line of sight --- so I'm sure she'd from now on take very very full advantage of her new and improved impulsivity!

Will, on the other hand, gained one cool million dollars, got to part company with someone he no longer could live with or continue to love (though he said he still thought about her a lot; well, they'd been together some 10 years and for him, they were good, worthy, loving years; even for her, too, thought a big dick swoon her too easily); and he finally get to find a caring and nurturing person in, hopefully Shannon or some other woman who will come along,,,

Somehow Will needed to make sure Anne's aware of his new wealth,,,, No directly as to violate the agreement with the club, of course,,, but make sure he's gotton some good amount of compensation for his pain! Anne's self-inflicted pain, however, would be all she would have, with the knowledge that Will would love her for a long time to come but that she would never have another chance to be held by him lovingly again.

That wouldd be quite a punishment. No eye-gouching or head smashing or super-glue-replacing lubrication necessary!

AgenaAgenaalmost 18 years ago
Author's Rep

When I spotted the author's name on this story, I knew I was in for another good one and I wasn't disappointed.

cageyteecageyteealmost 18 years ago
To my tastes, pickings have been slim lately!

There have been a lot of stories available on Literotica but, in my humble opinion, not a lot of great ones. I am so desperate, I have been re-reading some of the better articles from my favorite authors (certainly ohio among them). (You can tell I'm on the road again and spending a lot of nights alone in my hotel room!)

This changed this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed this as much as I have enjoyed any of the Literotica submissions since I discovered this site.

I have been and I remain a fan of your writing and I'm grateful you have decided to share your time, energy and talent.

Most of all . . . I'm looking forward to your next story.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
*Sigh* just when I, and everyone else, thinks.....

...we have you all figured out, you go and write a fantastic story like this. And it was just good it was great.

One reason that I seem to write comments the way I do is that amoung my buddys and friends I seem to be the camp councilor or bartender. I hear everyones problems and everyone seems to bring them too me. I don't know why and I'd really wish they'd quit (^_^), but they do.

This story seemed to be what I normally see and hear when someone is telling either why they are getting divorced or why they are now divorced. I have alot of divorced friends and only one was because the friend was cheating. The rest are because they caught their mate cheating (well to be honest there was one that was because the bud had a gambling problem). It had all the emotions, the uncertainty, how the person cheated on felt when they found out. And thats something that a lot of folks who want a reconcile at all cost seem to forget. Those raw emotions. The folks that are willing to stay with someone who cheats is rarer than you usually read here on Lit. Here on Lit the most common thing you read is that almost everyone stays together.

But in this case the wife in her quest for what made "her" feel good was more important than her marriage. And was willing to cheat on her husband 3 times a week to get it. She knew next to nothing about this guy (according to the story) other than he was hung, but she fully aware that he got around. She claimed that there wasn't a relationship, but just meeting for sex is a type of relationshipe. And one that if it was ok, why was she trying to hide from the husband. She was willing to risk her life and her husbands life for the joy of sex. That alone is something counciling will never fix. Once you contract something I mean.

But the way you covered the range of emotions, and for me the happy ending came from where you let him find and meet someone new to re-build back up his confidence after he was so throughly walked on was a nice touch. He was a complete person without needing to go back to Anne. I just wish the brother was able to find someone too, but you put him on an intresting track by showing that he wouldn't be single for long after this.

I personally think this was your best story yet. Way to go and it did have a happy ending without it feeling forced.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
given a lot of 5's but this truly is the best !!

Well written, great storyine, real characters. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
WOW!! 2nd GREAT story from OHIO in a row

wow .... what a great great story.

I think author as your read all these feedback you may notice how stunned so many readers are with way you handled this story ....as well as the last one you did.

Both of these stories are soo EXTREMELY different from what you usually write.... where the Hubb accepts anything she says and the whore wife nevers pays any price

Best line -- maybe one of the BEST lines you have EVER written

"I wonder if YOU, Will, made the right decision" (about the divorce and not looking back) simply gave him the ammunition he wanted:

"No, I think you and me all the time, but I never get past thinking about you making the wrong decision."

I would love to see/ read about Anne's reaction to that KILLER line....

anyway great great story...

If I had one wish here it would be that you come up with an alternate ending to House of Cards....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Rebound

The other reviewers write as if the story tells of a slice of life. If it was then one would forecast that Shannon would soon be sad. Nobody of much value gets over deception as quickly as the author has Will do. Nobody of value screws around ever in the way he has Will do and particularly they don’t continue immediately after meeting a potential new love. Anyway! What about any emotional reaction Barbara might have had? Secretaries have feelings however little Will recognizes it. Will is worth less than the author makes him think.

As a story device being blown away by a big cock is fine but if we pretend that this is for real it isn’t going to happen. If it’s the right shape then every woman I’ve asked admits that extra girth can make it easier to cum but that the effect is small. I know by experience that what they say is true. As a youth in competitions on size I always won and yet I certainly was never more than ordinarily attractive to women. I have been loved more than once and the emotion always came before the cock was used.

Shelley’s affairs seem just the sort of thing which partners in a mismatched couple fall into only too often.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
still doing a good job

Still holding up the high standards. As always a good job. Every day I check the new writings for any of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
writer this was real and common sense

thanks for been real and too the point.

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. It was very well written (as usual for this author) and sad but also realistic. I also wonder, just a bit, if there is room for a continuation? My thanks to ohio for an excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
so sad

This story didn't turn me on, but I loved it. The situation was expressed so well and evoked intense feelings of sadness in me. The story details consisted of a lot of wishful thinking, I'd guess, but the artistic license only served to underscore the intense emotions. Excellent story. Hard to read, but I'm glad I did. Should be mandatory reading for newleyweds. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
There is a reason

why you are on my favorites list and stories like this is what keeps it there!

I liked the way it developed - just kinds eased up on you.

I'm neither a fan of reconciliation nor against it - the story should have it's own logical ending. But, man, there is no cure for BCF! I liked the interlude with his brother in Cancun and the ending was great.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
nicely done

well written w/ a good story. it is kind of refreshing to read devorced guys trying to have fun after their devorce. most LW ex-husbands would be too heartbroken to think of having a life.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 18 years ago
Excellent and enjoyable

Good story, I liked it and your characters & situations felt real as I read. The only clang was Shelley's air-headedness. No airhead even born is dumb enough to tape record self-incriminating evidence that will get her ass tossed out onto the street and then give that tape to her brother-in-law who detests her. I tolerated it as a plot device but found myself wishing for something more realistic.

Again, good job and I look forward to more of your tales.

--Alvaron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Second Story Of Life's Realities Isn't A

coincidence but just a rendering of consequence where normal life would have - again.

Author - you are due the accolades, the respect and mounting numbers of readership for writing about marital consequence in a credible way given the estabolished preceeding circumstance.

The admirable and humbling talent you consistantly display has always been there. Oh, you have honed it some but thats not why the admirering crowd.

It is the delicate and deliberate methods you now choose to dovetail the crime and the consequence to fit that seems to mirror life to most of us. It is justified and fair given what caused the martial rift. Nor has it been out of proportion as is sometimes done by others. It just feels right to most.

Of course, you employ some human introspection that we can understand your props better so that we can relate to them and their plight.

A truly talented credible effort by someone who can - then did their best to date. You are creating a space - a positive place here for yourself and thankfully us.

Author - you are appreciated and your next is anticipated with great interest.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
loved it

I read the story and a tear came to my eyes. It's a sad story and written very well. I think it was handled very well. I am about to get engaged and hope this never happens but i learned alot from this story. I wish the writer only good tidings from nwo on.

andy1hardyandy1hardyalmost 18 years ago
Super Story!!!

Can't wait for the parallel story between Ann and Shelly and the update to that night of Will and Ann's last meeting at the restaurant.

Are Ann and Shelly still friends?

Did Ann meet her equilvalent to "Shannon"

Did she continue at the fitness club.

What did she write in the letter Will never read?

Did she give into Alex at work...

Did she join BCF anonymous club?

Did she know of hubby's monetary windfall.

And whatever happen to Shelly?

'nuff said.

Andy

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Another Ohio Classic Story - well done

Very good story, Ohio - good read, concise, yet good character development. I really liked your ending - excellent and realistic.

SalamisSalamisalmost 18 years ago
Bravo

There is a maturity reflected in the writing style, the temperament, and the observations. This was a wonderful piece of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

I particularly enjoyed the ending.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Needs an Anne Part 2...

I enjoyed it from start to finish, espeacially the ending. I would love to have a part 2 of Anne before the divorce, during, and then after the divorce. Any chance? I again say thanks for the words and your time.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
Telling the truth AND feeling good!

Who says you can’t tell the truth and tell a romantic tale at the same time? In real life –Most separated couples move on. And true life is VERY hard at that period. But another truth is that many find their way to move on and restore their life, despite having pain and residual feelings towards previous relations. So it is very nice to hear a true LW story that does not make you feel like you are being smeared with tons of sugar to “make you feel good”. Here is an example. It’s closer to reality than the “feel good” stories and yet it feels good.

IMO some of the reconciliation stories you wrote did not work as well. For the same reason that it’ easier to drop a stone into a well than to pull it back up; It’s much harder to write a convincing reconciliation story (pulling the stone back up) than a story which ends with broken marriage (the stone stays at the bottom of the well). Having said that, your achievement in this story is not diminished a bit. Shock; anger and coming to terms (plus all the in betweens) all seemed so real. In the story, the initial process of discovery and separation took three weeks. In my personal life, it took closer to three years (including finding the better and improved relations). But despite different circumstances, I could find more emotional common places in this story than in any I can remember at the moment. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another Great Story!

I know that your story got to the Reconciliators (folks who want a reconciliation at all cost). Surely Will would want to save his marriage thru counseling. The only problem is that Anne is a normal person. She was not beset by mental demons or a terrible childhood or drugs. The simple truth is that she thought that she would never get caught and she was going to fuck big cocks until... The relationship was over when she went back that second time to Marion. She made her choice.

Speaking of making a choice, I found Girlfriends? by X. Bishop a very powerful story of betrayal and choices. Too bad the author does not allow public comments.

Thanks again for a great story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Important Stuff

While a great many people write about all types of subjects rarely do you have what I would call the "real deal" laid out for all to see. Life is not a game and people, at least not all people can handle all things. Great Great Story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent

IT was extremely well written and as one who has gone through relationships I found it quite realistic, but perhaps would have been more forgiving toOntario my peril

sherlock40sherlock40almost 18 years ago
Finally, a story where the man moves on with his

life. With someone who truly loves him and doesn't take the relationship lightly. A great story with a great ending.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Good story

And, I must say, a well crafted ending!

Most endings to these stories seeem to just peter out. You did a great job with this one - even the semi-twist.

Maybe Anne needed to know how comfortably off he was, and that he was happy with Shannon, but that's a small quibble.

I also noticed the lack of an, 'author forced' reconciliation, and the story is far better for that.

allforallallforallalmost 18 years ago
the best revenge is

This is a wonderful ending. I like that he has some hope for tomorrow.

Thankyou

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 18 years ago
Nice job

Ohio, nice story. The idea of a wife throwing it all away for nothing much has been done before, but you added some nice variations and the ending was a real nice twist. I liked the fact that the trust was the big issue as to why the divorce had to happen. Without a reason to trust again, there was no basis for a renewed marriage.

batjac69batjac69almost 18 years ago
low marks

You have a style which repeats often that you are one of the nice guys and that transfers onto the cheating women you write about, but I have never seen being the real life case.

In experience, the women are hell hath no fury like a woman and none cry in love or sympathy over any man they screwed over. It is that kind of creature thousands of men face daily in court who should be featured in your stories as the wives you write about do not exist in adulterous marriages.

That is why I only gave you a 25, because you never touch on the reality of a woman turning her lawyer loose on a disabled husband, out of a job, tossing him out of the house, lying to everyone to ruin his reputation, all before the ink is dried on the papers which she made certain was served to him at a public meeting.

I have met enough Ohio women to know they are there in mass screwing guys over. Try including them sometime and see how nice and lawyerly your husband reacts then.

K.K.K.K.almost 18 years ago
Well Written Story

Ohio captured the pain of relationships gone bad. There were no winners in this story as everyone involved paid a heavy price. The story appropriately doesn't have a "happy ending" but it ends with hope for the future.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Well-done story of cheating and its aftermath

A very well done story of a man who had no real options but face the one he had and tried to move on. He is lucky to have a brother to commiserate with. The wife told him she couldn’t have taken him back if he had done the same thing if he’d found a woman with unusual attributes and left him breathless with sex. So where does the decision even cross into reconciliation. It would just be an act of desperation of the wife to try and hold on to what she thought would be in her best interest at the time.

Moving on with his brother as a supporter and willing partner was what most people should try. It is hard to let go of a long relationship and still feel compassion and lust fulfilling. This is a story of a man who smartly gave into his mind and forced his heart to drag along for the ride.

Very well done and great entertainment.

Thank you

PT

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
I agree- a well done story of cheating

and the aftermath. But why do I feel there is so much missing? I understand he doesn't want Anne. I don't understand why Anne even says she misses him so much. Surely she's found another 9 inches by now and it's likely she'll always be looking if she hasn't. Could he ever trust her? I don't think so--not unless he could grow a nine inch cock. She has BCF, I remember. Could she ever be satisfied with a smaller dick? I doubt it. Not for any length of time, anyway! I'm sure Will realizes that, too. And it would destroy any second chance, too.

Just knowing someone has a large cock should not cause a faithful wife to cheat. She SHOULD have done something simple, like slapped his face and turned him in. So, she HAS a problem. Latent for a long time but a problem that finally ruined their marriage. And a problem she'll always have without professional help. Too bad.

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 18 years ago
Well written story.

The writing is terrific but there's something missing. The plot? Standard TTCBTTC (“throw the cheating bitch to the curb”). Here it is. Wife cheats for no reason. (IRL, a woman has to emotionally bond with a man. DUH!) Husband finds out and divorces her. Husband has a new love a short time later. Wow! What incredible dramatic tension! What plot twisters! Not! Ohio’s wonderful writing takes it beyond a dry recitation of facts but, in the end, that’s all there is. There's no emotional engagement for the reader.

Ohio’s previous stories were a lot better. It’s a lot tougher to write good reconciliation stories than good TTCBTTC stories. I’d almost say that Ohio wrote this tongue in cheek in order to pacify the LW nazi’s. In that event, Ohio can now get back to writing truly interesting stories that have some real life and some emotional engagement for the reader in them.

Real life is never as easy as the TTCBTTC stories would have you believe. Real life is full of heartbreak and joy. It’s 50% - 50%. For every joy, you’ll have a sorrow. Real life makes you realize that there may not be anyone else out there for you and how in hell would you find them anyway. And would they be any better? They would come with baggage, too. If they’re a woman, they usually have kid(s). What’s the difference between raising another man’s kid married to his ex-wife, raising another man’s kid through adoption, raising another man’s kid through sperm donation or raising another man’s kid from your wife’s affair? Only the way you look at it because, guess what, they’re all the same in the end. They aren’t your kids. Maybe, just maybe, sometimes the one you brought to the dance first is the best choice in the end, no matter how humanly flawed you both are. And do you exacerbate your spouse’s flaws and make the relationship worse or do you help minimize them for an improved relationship where cheating isn’t necessary for their emotional fulfillment? We all need to work on that one constantly.

Thanks for your stories. And I always look forward to a great read when I see the name “Ohio”.

Phil

Stamp97Stamp97almost 18 years ago
Another Great Story

You are a gifted story teller

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 18 years ago
Well done.

I enjoyed the story, although I was a little melancholy after reading it. It isn't a perfect world, but it was a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Not Quite

One just like the other. Revenge Revenge Revenge. It's also pretty unrealistic.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 18 years ago
Choices and Consequences

We all make choices and we get the consequences. How fortunate the brothers had each other. How great that Shannon showed up when and as she did.

Nicely written.

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 18 years ago
Good story

Nice to see a guy who isnt perfect. In a perfect world the guy can be big about it all the time. He can swallow the hurt, loss of trust and feelings of betrayal. In the real world, most people probably cant. Most probably wouldnt even want to.

Also hope the guy has found real love with the new girl and it isnt just a rebound fling. Like happy endings and having the guy move on and find true love with a better partner is a happy ending for me (i.e. reconciliations arent the only way to get happy endings - in fact they are the hardest way to get a happy ending).

Thanks for writing.

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Good Story Ohio

Thanks for a great read.

He moved on with his life and I will make my own assumption that he is married to Shannon or will be. She obviously is a person to make him happy.

Anne? Now who knows what has become of her. She was obviously not sitting at home alone agonizing over her lost love. But as the cheater I guess I really don't care that much how she actually feels. Just go out and find the big cock Annie and you can forget all about Will. After all that is what you did for at least a month (what was it 2 or 3 times a week?).

Thanks for your efforts Ohio, I was surprised you took the ending this way but am pleased you did.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written ...

... until the end. The ending is a little cheesey. However, forgiveness is a trait that is necessary in a marriage. Unfortunately, Anne cheated, not once (which possibly could be forgiven) but multiple times. Thankfully there were no children to consider. If there had been then possibly forgivenness may have been more in order.

HsedoHsedoover 17 years ago
Such a great story!

I agree with all the positive things that has been said about your story. Who needs sex in the story when the story is this good?

I think what made this story so great (for me) is that all the time I read it, I wanted to now what was going to happen next, I wasn't just trying to get through it. Sounds 'duh', but that's rare on Literotica. Your feedback on my story means even more to me now that I can see that you know what you're talking about!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm totally embarrassed

Ohio:

To comment on your story when I see the names of the other commentors. I've read most of your stories and I've found them totally enjoyable. I believe this is one of your better ones. Thank You. Ronnie W.

S-DesS-Desover 17 years ago
Good Read

I wouldn't say it's my favorite of yours (the price you pay for writing such good stories), but it was well written. I'm not sure why, but it felt like it was a little lacking in the emotion department, which is what I like most about your writing. On the other hand, it was tightly written and I couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. Anne definitely got what she deserved (the other one was just a complete twit) and it was good to see both guys doing well.

Good story as usual. Thanks for the effort.

....S-Des

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very well done!

Ohio,

I waited until I read this one a second time. I really like it! It's amazing what the illustrious list of Authors thinks of this one, actually I like everyone of them so I shouldn't be surprised. Reconcilliation or not, the answer is really simple: male or female we have to look ourselves in the face every morning in the mirror. You have to find that person acceptable! If you can look that sucker in the eye and say that you made the best decision (whatever the issue), you'll do ok. Conscience, self-respect, combination, whatever you call it, you have to pay attention to it.

Thanks for a very good story.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I LOVE a Happy Ending

Thank-You for not letting him "Wimp Out." I wonder if X-slut wife was stalking him to Cancun? The towns not THAT small! Who was the sucker she was with? (zed)

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
best Dialogue Line EVER in an OHO story

ANNE

"I wonder if YOU, Will, made the right decision" (about the divorce and not looking back) simply gave him the ammunition he wanted:

WILL

"No, I think of you and me all the time, but I never get past thinking about you making the wrong decision."

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story...

I enjoyed watching this story unfold . I thought that the 3 Tuesdays structure was very well done . I felt overpowered by sadness by the time I got to the end . You were able to make their previous marriage seem so "fine" ,

that I did not want to see it fade away . There was no sex in it , but it was quite well alluded to throughout the story in 3rd-party ways . I thought you did a fine job on all of the "structural" aspects of this story . It seemed to flow well , and I am liking your stories more and more with each new one i come to . Thanks , Bob R.

X_BishopX_Bishopover 17 years ago
Loved it

I may be late to the party but I had to add my own comments. You wrote an excellent story. The only things I would have wanted was to see Anne reaction to having to take back her maiden name and that first confrontation between Dave and his soon to be ex. Having the brothers hold each other up through the events was a great touch. Bravo my friend.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 17 years ago
Very good story, just one issue . . .

I think the last night when our hero had sex with Anne, after he already knew of her affair, was inconsistent with his actions throughout the other parts of the story. The health club fitness trainer could be presumed to have fucked lots of women (confirmed when Will Harris heard the tape); no mention of condoms, how does Will know he won't get an STD from Anne? Just because he did not get an STD over the month of his wife's infidelity does not mean he won't get one this time. Besides, if he has in his mind the image of his wife with someone else, even if he has not listened to the tape to learn the details yet, his character development suggests he would not be interested in fucking his wife any more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
brilliant story

i really liked the story, and i think the three stages (three tuesdays) was a great way to do the story.

and it's so good to see a story where i cn relate to the 'hero', this site seems full of stories about whimpy guys who just lay over and accept a cheating wife.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Shannon & Will

What ever happened with Shannon And Will after that did they ever talk about getting married after that and what about Dave did he finally find someone that he could love and trust and marry ?

Pat

blue_x21blue_x21over 16 years ago
Lawyers aren't always the best solution

Having gone through a divorce myself (which she initiated) I finally realized towards the end that the lawyer route is not always the best. No matter how painful the divorce is, I believe it's best to work out an mutual accommodation with the spouse, grieve a little, then move on as fast as possible.

Look --even if it hurts a lot -- don't get into the trap of trying to put yourself "one up" on the other. You'll usually end up lining your lawyers' pockets with your hard-earned money.

If there's children involved-- guys, live up to your responsibilities and pay for their support! They are still your own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
2 Yrs down the road.

Will and Ann bump into at the mall. After a minute Shannon walks up pushing a stroller with their baby. Will make’s the intros, then after a moment of awkward silence, Will say's Goodbye. Will and his family leave, Ann just stands there watching realizing again what she lost.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 16 years ago
Now, this IS a story about a man with LOVE

and self-worth and decency and morals and ethics and a good self of emotional and physical bounderies. <p>

He is a man who may have an unlimited amount of love but one who WON'T waste it on someone who doesn't deserve it. <p>

With what Anne had said at the dance, I agree with one other poster: <p>

To appease our readers healthy for bloody revenge on those who soil our love, there should be some sort of an unplanned meeting, with Anne walking in some park she and the man she threw away (from her view; though from his view, it was really he who was in the driver's seat, who shoved her out of the door, with the car having already stopped, of course: he's not that evil), a couple years later, when she's reasonably sure the grass in her new pasture wasn't any greenr; in fact, it was very poor in nutritient, very dry,,,,: <p>

Have her glance at a happy family, with Shannon being a loving, devoted wife and mother, who, with her husband, run giggling chasing after their children.... All of whom, after a few minutes, walked off together, with the healthy and happy children hoisted onto their parents shoulders and back,,,, <p>

Such a picture would truly dawn on Anne as to how much she had lost. No word could descript such a loss...

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Fine Story as always

This is the third time I have read it and still makes me sad and happy at the same time. Of course, we are all vulnerable when we take on a partner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good Job. I liked the simplicity of how Will...

...uncovered Anne's cheating. Some stories are so complicated with bribing hotel clerks to allow spy cameras be set up in adjacent rooms, etc., which is so unbelievable. I like this story because when Will is fucked over he stands firm not just on his principles but stands firm in a good way in a good place and for good reasons that lead him through his troubles and into a good life with another good partner (who may fail as well) but living looking forward and positively. It won't be fun to be Shannon if she is insecure at all but Ohio left me feeling that she was a good strong confident woman who could "make it all better." I can easily believe that these two live happily ever after. OR not... Good writing because it elicits strong emotion in me. This makes it art.

irchristo@aol.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story as Usual!

Good Story as usual, but it was kind of sad. The husband was in a tough spot and he made the most of it. The wife messed up and even though she was a sympathetic character she lost out. She needs to move on like he did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Typical fine OHIO STORY

A well written but sad story by a master story teller. What did I miss though about the title that doesn't seem to relate to the story?

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
awesome story and great writing

Sure makes a person think...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One Of The Best

And a good reason Curves is so popular for womans fitness. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Tsk

Dave is justified, but Will is a horse's ass, sacrificing a full-scale full-bodied relationship because a loyal wife had ONE disloyal relationship we are ALL hard-wired not to resist (in various degrees), and obviously, confronting the cost just once, would never again. He deserves second best, namely Shannon. Ohio, you've been much more aware of the subtleties of human needs than in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Pretty good story and justified outcome - apparently "tsk" does not mind ...

having a slut wife who needs the "BFC" frequently but the rest of the normal married population has an issue with it. Does "tsk" consider the fact that the trainer with the big cock is a "major STD liability" that only clucks and wimps might enjoy? "Tsk" needs to climb back under the rock they crawled out from under [it's idiots like "tsk" that defy logic and ultimately contaminate the gene pool really bad - shoot them and put them out of their misery]. D & W

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Good Story

He could have been a little harder on the ex, leave adultry in for the divorce. Why let her save face when she obviously had no such consideration for him? Tsk has his head up his ass, he treated her better than she would have treated him (by her own admission!) if the situation was reversed. I would say that Shannon was the better choice than a disloyal cheating slut. It may have been just one affair, a couple dozen meetings, but how can you trust her again. They may have had a long relationship but she changed all that didn't she?

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Great Story as Always

I had to comment on TSK's comment, how can you think he should take her back after she fucked someone else dozens of times? She showed no remorse on the tape, and in fact was bragging to her inlaw. How could he trust her again? I think Susan was not second best but rather a first prize. Susan didn't have a history of cheating, unlike his ex wife. In fact, I also would have been harder on her and left adultry as the reason for divorce, I'd want to warn others that here is a cheating slut you may want to avoid. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
divorce

I think he should have given his wife another chance. people make mistakes. he was no saint. he was a cold hearted person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
To the "Anonymous" poster on 5-18-10 who said Anne deserved another chance ..

Your comment was quote "I think he should have given his wife another chance. people make mistakes. he was no saint. he was a cold hearted person." My response ... he may have been "cold hearted" but he was not the one who betrayed his marriage vows!! Why don't we discuss Anne and how she was a "round healed slut" who fucked her marriage away on Marion's big dick! I wonder if she was thinking about her husband while Marion was bending her over the desk and giving her his "freak show" cock?? I wonder if she thought about all the things her husband did to support, care and love her while she "deep throated" Marion's big dick??? I wonder if she ever really got the part in the marriage vows she agreed to about "forsaking" all others while she was screwing him two or three times a week??? DO I NEED TO GO ON or do you still want to stick by your "idiotic" statement that he was "no saint"?!? How about the fact that he didn't beat her like the bitch she was when she not only cheated but continued to betray him for over a month ... doesn't sound like she was much of a lady does it?? Will by most men's standards was "very fair" considering her actions. Ladies like Shannon get a "second" chance .. whores like Anne get what she deserved and in this case the bitch go off easy!!

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Nicely done!

The pain was evident as was the disappointment both brothers felt. Well written and believable. Thank you.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Well painted story

Us guys sure have it tuff eh!

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
Loved the Ending!!!

GOOD Tale!!!!!!

GizmorGizmorover 13 years ago
Tuesdays

Great story! I was surprized that he ended up with Shannon. Being a romantic, I was thinking Anne would be back in the picture. But, that's why you're the Author!!! I'll just be happy to read your stories and not tell you how it should have been!!!!!!!

Sandman55Sandman55about 13 years ago
good

Plain in simple this was a good story

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Simply GOOD!

Felt good, read good, ended good, it was good -

I have a weak steak too and thought it might have gone the other way - it could have - maybe - but I am please with how you wrote it and it makes me think -

So it is a winner -

Nicely structured and nicely executed -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Cuck of the Midwest

Discover your wife is fucking other men? Take her in the bedroom and get your sloppy seconds and a nice serving of creampie! yum yum....

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Thank you!

This was a good story. A very good story. It was short and simple. Normally, you go pretty weak on the girls. You are one of my 'go to guys' when it comes to a 'big misunderstanding'.

This was a pretty clear cut story. Still don't believe in alienation of affection lawsuits. They are rare as hens teeth in the states.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Interesting premise and a really damn good story. Thanks! ^__^

VulcezVulcezover 12 years ago
Never fails

Thanks for the great story. Your stories never fail to get a reader thinking and most importantly feeling. You have a knack for putting a lot of emotion in your writing. Great work.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Classic

This is a very well written, classic loving wives story. There was a few little twists like the brothers both having cheating sluts but otherwise pretty straight forward. His deception of his sister in law to get evidence was clever. I agree, he owed her nothing. He promised that his brother wouldn't hear about it from him and she didn't. She told him herself on the tape.

I always find it amusing when some people ALWAYS want to blame the husband in some way. "He was no saint"? Are we required to be saints? What bad things did he do beyond deceive his sister in law? He didn't beat anyone up. He didn't yell and scream. He got a divorce and split the assets except for the house. He was accurate in saying he could no longer trust her. This wasn't a one time drunken screw up. She was willfully cheating, multiple times, had no plan to stop, and was bragging to her sister in law about it. Why should someone forgive such a determined betrayal? It might be human nature to make mistakes but not all mistakes are cut from the same cloth. This one cut to the heart of their relationship. If I rob seven convenience stores should I be given a pass on jail? If I rob one, maybe it's an aberration and I deserve leniency. Multiple robberies? I don't think so.

Here's some interesting numbers from a couple studies.

99% of people in a marriage expect their spouse to be faithful.

80% say that infidelity is always wrong.

About 15% of spouses cheat. I know this number has been reported to be as high as 50% but the studies are questionable.

So he was a decent guy who had reasonable expectations about his wife's fidelity. Maybe after the first time she should have bought herself a BIG dildo.

I loved the line about wondering why she made the wrong choice. Perfect. His ex tried to make it his responsibility for choosing divorce. SHE made the choice that ended their marriage.

The Shannon surprise at the end was great. Perfect recovery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
one point you do not know divorce laws

you cannot lock your spouse out of the house. Changing the locks without a court order will get you in trouble.IT IS AS MUCH HER HOUSE AS YOURS.VERY FEW STATES CONSIDER ADULTERY IN DIVORCE CASES AND A MARRIAGE OF 10 YEARS MOST OFTEN ENDS IN A 50/50 SPLIT IF THERE ARE NO CHILDREN. So if there are children and she gets cust he will pay for her sins.. no winners in divorce..

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Doesn't know what he is talking about.

The person who said you cannot lock your spouse out of the house is wrong.

You can and it happens. If the locked out spouse slinks away without contesting it then it might even be abandonment.

But there is no law against the locked out spouse from breaking a window to get in. It is true that it is their house also.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Divorce is the only cure

you cant keep a cheating spouse those that do are fools there is not excuse for either spouse to cheat and remain married. Kids family and your self respect all pay for it. DIVORCE there is no need for counseling on why you fucking cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

He was as bad as her. In fact he behaved worse than she.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
he was not

was not as bad as the wife. he waited until he was divorced to screw around. 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Decent

The two brothers did what they had to do to remain men. Dump the two cheating whore slut skank wives and move on.

Way to go guys

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 11 years ago

I loved it; always makes me cry!

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 11 years ago
Yes

Happily your story was a breath of fresh air following on the heels of another I had just read by a different author that made farts smell like Chanel #5 ! What a remarkable difference there is between good writing and poor writing. Why other authors can't learn from the many examples excellent writing/editing craftsmanship available in the various offerings here is beyond me. Thanks for the great read!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Brilliant story. I could feel the pain through your words. Loved the ending too. Thanks.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Ohio is a no fault state

The wives could have fucked the Bengals the Reds and the UC Bearcats hockey team and still would have walked away with half the assets, alimony and a chunk of the husband's pensions.

Other than that painfully glaring error good tale.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
another good one

I always enjoy your work. especially liked this one.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Very very painful story.

Very sad tale wriecked of depression. Well told and emotional. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

5 very sad stars from me.

Wimmun....shesh.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
There Is A Reason...

...that you are one of the highest-rated authors on this site, and this story is an example. Extraordinary. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Another winner!

This is another 5 stars read. Probably the only thing that could improve the story is getting some of her POV.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A good story

And I really tried to not jump in with "what really happened". But I couldn't resist. I liked the way the Brothers went at things. The women certainly couldn't be trusted and that was the end of both marriages. But the reality was Will made a huge mistake. He took the settlement with the Health Club before he got divorced. Any lawyer worth his salt would have gotten Anne a chunk of that money and regardless of the grounds for divorce, Anne would have gotten half the value of the house. That's simply the reality of our legal system. And both women probably could have insisted on and gotten 3 to 6 months worth of marriage counseling ordered by the Court. Again, you have to love/hate our legal system. Well written, entertaining story. Sorry about putting in my 2 cents worth. I enjoyed the read.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
A nice

twist that she admitted she could not forgive him if the roles were reversed, but she wanted him to be a better person than she was. I am generally more of a BTB reader, but Ohio might have been able to convince me to accept RAAC in this case. Did Shannon coincidently live in the same city or had they kept in touch and decided she would move to Will's city and home?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Great Ending!

I was wondering if we were going to see a reconciliation.

I also liked his answer regarding his decision.

I like him going home to Shannon.

The best revenge is a life lived well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous