All Comments on 'Till All The Seas Gang Dry'

by syrensong

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Beeautiful romantic story

This is a stunningly beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
as old as time

As an engineer that too travels the world to far flung operations, I truly appreciated your wonderful story. It is what people like us search for and seldom find. I met such a lass many years ago and luckily I had a premonition that I should get her out off the African continent. I did and here we are 40 years later and I am still enthralled with her beauty....thanks for a great story... my highest rating to you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
good but could be even better

good story but could i suggest more of romance and more of your life together and more of Africa, and less sexual athleticism. You have a story to tell, and you tell it well but you dont need the sex in detail to make your story realistic and your charectors alive

pucksboypucksboyover 17 years ago
very well done!

I like the mix of erotocism and romance, balanced to please the tastes of the varied audience on this site. It was obviously well researched and the plot preplanned. The result demonstrates the effort.

A wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Sweet Story

I first went to Rhodesia in 1972 as a 17 yo from Australia for a "gap" year. After I had finished university I returned each year from 1977 to 1982. Apart from the terrorist activity I don't remember Salisbury including what was Harare being "destroyed". As I remember it the transition to majority (ZANU-PF) rule was reasonably peaceful. Surprisingly I, and many others, thought Mugabe was rather magnanimous. In particular he choose the President of the Commercial Farmers Union, Denis Norman, to be Minister for Agriculture. White farmers retained their land, the economy boomed with the abandonment of sanctions and life in general was quite pleasant for the next 20 years. What a great tradegy this all changed in 2000!

I liked your story very much. I wonder if it is based on your own experience ? In Rhodesia of the 1970's you were very much looked down upon by your fellow whites if you consorted with a black woman. More often such relationships were more furtive with the white male attempting to keep secret his liaison. I only knew of one relationship which ended in marriage between a white man and a black women. Unlike the women in this story she was poorly educated and spoke little English. He on the other hand spoke prefect Shona. To the chargrin of many whites he lived as a "white" African. He must have had a great love for her to turn his back on white society and bear its often unspoken approbrium.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous