All Comments on 'Till There was You'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Sweet Story, Beatles Man

Fun and cute with enough construction details to add verisimilitude without getting bogged down.

A great addition to the event.

mithanialmithanialover 4 years ago
Enjoyed the read

I enjoy your work hkcd and want to thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Always enjoy your writing. When will you post more Lady In Red chapters?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Nice

Very romantic build up and love the embarrassing moments, making me not only smile at the warmth romance but enjoyed a chuckle at the circumstances. Lovely tale, thank you.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Thanks...

For a fun story and a laugh at the end.

chastenchastenover 4 years ago

Quite an enjoyable tale. The embarrassing bedroom scene really worked.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago
Fun

HDK goes romance. That has worked surprisingly well. I enjoyed this story, especially the family reunion in the bedroom. Well done, Mr. HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars

Another great read by the master .thanks

TimcutyourshitTimcutyourshitover 4 years ago
5* like always

5* like always. Side note Hopefully we will get another chapter of LIR before the year is out.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
If you release my daughter's left breast

I about died from laughter. Great work. 5

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Thank you Sir!

Thanks for a most enjoyable read! Loved the family meeting in the bedroom with our main characters under the covers! LOL!

Killian

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Just Great!

A cute light hearted love story. Well told. The characters are great, and the subject matter interesting. Thank you. 5*

ohioohioover 4 years ago
As always, HDK's humor makes him the best

Don't we all wish that the people we encountered in real life were even a fraction as funny as his characters are? He makes it look easy, with tales that flow beautifully and are enjoyable from beginning to end.

Like I said, in his hands stories like this look easy to write--but for the rest of us, "Don't try this shit at home, boys and girls!"

Thanks, ohio

OGHMNWOGHMNWover 4 years ago

Wonderful story of Two Wonderful characters! Thank You!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
HDK, the man, the legend.

Thank you for the warm and awesome story, my friend. You my guy, have always been the king. Great work from you, as always. You never disappoint, as a writer or a friend. And you cute AF, too. Randi.

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
I agree with Randi...

Greater writer, friend, and cute as shit. I really enjoyed this story. Was a pleasure to read. Anyone who hasn't read it can either a) read it or b) kiss my ass. Five stars.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Another 5 stars!

You once again showed me another side, but still kept your usual high quality.

I admire the fact that you still have your enthusiasm after doing this as long as you have.

Roll on, HDK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Always sensational...

Thanks HDK!

Nice timeline, characters etc. etc.

C

redbaron172redbaron172over 4 years ago
Outstanding story again

Great story line again, Please continue this story... I see a really good development going forward.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Idk

couldnt get into it, seemed a bit dry. And the scene where everyone shows up in Jess's bedroom didnt ring true, people would call on the phone, ring a door bell and or knock. Oh well.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Sweet as My Moms Strawberry Jams

I loved My Mom's Homemade Strawberry Jams! YUMMIE!..This story is to some sickly Sweet!....But to Me I enjoyed immensely!..5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Heather didn’t take long to break her promise

"If you're suggesting I'm going to be running my mouth, think again," stated Heather firmly. Apoarently, Heather is the town bulletin board

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Last Comment

Of 2019? Good fun read HDK. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too much PC crap for 1966

I lived through that and did some construction. Women weren't on the crews because 1. they couldn't do more than part of a trade without male help (the men could handle it by themselves), except for painting and 2. Women didn't want the jobs in any event because they were dirty, dangerous, and, especially for them, exhausting. Karen is just too precious, and the BS about attitudes about unmarried women sleeping around were still on the whole very negative outside of "hippies" and campus "progressives", who were few and far between contrary to what people today seem to believe. Being confronted in bed by your mother and grandfather would have been hugely embarrassing and, yes, it was viewed as immoral by the vast majority. The story is saccharine and anachronistic.

Hale1Hale1about 4 years ago
Way underrated

Thanx for another Great story.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

Hold on..!

this story isn't complete is it?

What about the guy driving the Corvette?

Anything about Ben?

and just basically just a little further story here?

This ending just felt to me like you ended in the middle of a sentence.

Oh and like another reader/commenter said. It has social structures somewhat of the 21st Century but is told in the 60's.

Otherwise the story itself was very sweet and quite good. 4.3-4.5 Stars.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

Hold on..!

this story isn't complete is it?

What about the guy driving the Corvette?

Anything about Ben?

and just basically just a little further story here?

This ending just felt to me like you ended in the middle of a sentence.

Oh and like another reader/commenter said. It has social structures somewhat of the 21st Century but is told in the 60's.

Otherwise the story itself was very sweet and quite good. 4.3-4.5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quick ending

I didn't like the last paragraph AND the whole ending was rushed. Otherwise it was a good story.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
Another great

story KDK! loved every word!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it very much, but as in most of his stories he doesn’t provide an ending.

5 stars ✨ anyway.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A fun read

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 2 years ago

Great story and great characters. I think your motto should be, "Always leave them wanting more.". I usually don't nit pick but this was an embarrassing lesson when I worked my first commercial construction job the first summer out of high school. We had been doing some last minute grading, just to keep busy, when I spotted the truck. I yelled out, "Cement's here" and thirty guys all yelled back in unison, " Cement comes in bags, Concrete comes in trucks!" as they were all laughing and shaking there heads. First few days on the job and already everybody knew me. Hey, "Cement Boy" you got those forms cleaned and oiled yet! Yep, that name stuck with me the whole summer, even though I had worked three different job sites and that construction company had hundreds of employees. Thank you HDK for another great story.

pug_of_crydeepug_of_crydeeover 2 years ago

Another great read. The main concern here is Tim Morton pestering Karen about whether Jess was a womanizer and worrying about where their relationship was headed.

Ok, it's 66. Ok, she slept with him, once. But damn, we're talking New Jersey and Florida... not West Virginia. There's no need for a shotgun wedding. Evaluate the property without all the BS and as you saw that Karen was right and Jess is professional... give the relationship time to develop or not on it's own.

Oh, and yes... a longer gentler ending would've been nice. Stan ranting like that was weird to put it mildly.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where's the next chapter?! There's a whole lot missing. But that is par for the course, with this author. Excellent stuff, just left hanging. It's NOT dramatic!! But it's still a 5* story!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Genuine fun. No extreme drama or trauma. Done with a light touch. Solid five stars.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Great lighthearted love story with a happily ever after. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great story with a stupid end

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I read some of the comments and must disagree. This story is full of clichés.

And really "He knows things about building here in Florida even our architects don't"? No ground survey? Fucked up drainage plan?

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

You Sir are an amazing Author! Thank you for another excellent story. 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY SPARKLING STARS!

littleone35littleone35about 2 years ago

a great love story..Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No idea how I missed this story till now, very good story. Having been involved in building, materials and design all my life this tale had even more to draw me in. Thanks HDK!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story but, as usual, your endings are WEAK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 stars. Weak ending thrown together. Much more could have been done with it.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Belle histoire, mais, qu'est devenu le connard de Ben Givers ???

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

I love short stories.

Ending could be more detailed, but then it would be a longer story.

It's pretty clear where this is going. 5*

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

interesting plot but a little too simplistic.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

MBA Karen was so smart that she couldn't ask these construction owners to introduce themselves then she talks to the crew!!

A real Karen!!

But what was the fucked up writer trying to do when the Jess's mother, the Sheriff and the rest of town barged into his house and bedroom....seriously WTF trash writing was that

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

2 stars for the previous comments and the awful ending and especially Stan's comments!!

HDK writes some cuck trailer park trash

tonyneatotonyneato10 months ago

You are an exceptionally good writer. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Being in construction, I don’t think even in the 60’s a project this size would’ve been built without contracting an outside engineering firm to perform continuous inspections…not to mention state, county, and municipal inspections. Contractors are able to get away with a certain amount of slack but after a point the inspection firm has to call out the substandard practices or risk being sued. Other than that, a decent story.

olddave51olddave5110 months ago

People ..... It is a story! Fiction! Does it have to be accurate? I worked construction summers for years! You are right, some of the things in the story and not "right" but does it really matter to the romance of the story? If some inaccuracies mess up the story for you I am sure the library has more accurate books you can read.

I liked the story 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The only "bad" thing I can say is: can we get a Happily Ever After ending? You know married, with two-point-five kids, a dog named Max, a self-centered cat named Fluffy, and living in a house with a white picket fence?..........

*There is no plural for the word Anonymous since it is not used as a noun very often.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Many of your stories have crap endings!!!

Worse in this one is that thanks to his bitch mother all the assholes were in his bedroom

Cindy1001Cindy10017 months ago

The tone is light, love is in the air, the plot is amusing and the narrative good. I award five stars.

woodrangewoodrange4 months ago

bloody good story 5 stars all day

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the story immensely, building was in my blood! Thank you HDK.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

4 Stars as Karen showed no profession as head of the housing GW .

Helen1899Helen189912 days ago

Good well written story, 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Cement is what is in the bag. Concrete is what you end up with when you mix it wth graven and sand.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
785
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
617
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
839
Sales Team 
4.83
3.8k
860
More Stories