All Comments on 'Tommy and Helen'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
super story

real loving wife and real man 5*

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THANKSGIVING

another day we can all count our blessing, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Was it all a set up?

Was the bet just part of the set up for the party? If not, would he really want to party after that? If so, what the fuck is wrong with her?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

Set up or not, there was no infidelity. Just a loving husband and wife. How rare.

Five Stars

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Great lead up to a clever bit of mis-direction. Then a slam dunk happy ending! Got me enthralled from the beginning to the end, what a wonderfully fulfilling and enjoyable story.

mickymouse113mickymouse113almost 10 years ago
Where's the prositute?

She's on his arm being introduced at the country club and then she disappears. Did she stay there or leave. Since she came with him then how did she leave?

Just one little detail that annoyed me. The ending made me wonder what was going on in his household, was it a set up or not?

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
You must read the story again...

Mickey, You must read the story again, and you'll find all the answers...

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
The friends...

The friends that bet that his wife wasn't cheating belied in her...So were friends after all...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not believable

No way the gorgeous, rich, blond, tall, popular, babe described in this story would be interested in a short loser who operates a shoe-string business mowing lawns, clearing snow, and delivering firewood.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@impo_58

I agree, their only fault was the impropriety of the bet and the collecting in the bar.

They were betting AGAINST Carpenter.

looking4itlooking4italmost 10 years ago

If Jim is paying everyone off then that meant they all bet on Helen. Beyond not telling him Jim was after his wife (which he already knew) how does that show a lack of friendship and support? Forcing a plot twist that doesn't make sense leaves a story lacking.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 10 years ago
As much as I hate to agree with someone called impo_58, he or she is right...

... I doubt that old Jim was hedging his bet about scoring with Helen. Consequently, anybody betting with him would be betting ON Helen's fidelity, not against it. A minor faux pas but a faux pas nonetheless.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Good stuff!

Wifey didn't cheat and Asshole got what he deserved. Any... man... and I use that term loosely... who would bet that he can seduce a married woman away from a happy marriage is the kind of man who would welsh or fake on a bet, too.

I still think there's nothing wrong with betting that your wife WILL stay faithful, though. It shows trust in your wife that you would bet on her fidelity against any scumbag that propositions her. I'd make that bet in a heartbeat.

5 Solid Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Think Again, Folks

The reason he is angry with the men who bet with Carpenter is that by making the bets they gave Carpenter even more incentive to seduce his wife and ruin his marriage. All for the sake of a few bucks. Got it now?

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
DOES ANYONE RECALL THE SONG BY LONNIE DONEGAN

about greed and trickery...Think about it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story

Ignore the nit-pickers. Well-conceived and interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story

A bit choppy in the beginning but a clever tale. How did the wife know about the bet?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What about Wayne

The part I'm confused about is who knew what parts and that they don't fit together smoothly, particularly Wayne. At the party you have Wayne acting like his calls were just a prank to lead Tommy off the mark. However, Wayne really had followed Jim with the prostitute to the hotel and noted the specific room and he'd been giving reports for weeks. So Wayne knew something was up, at best he knew that could have seriously hurt Helen's reputation. No one could have known how Tommy would react once he got to the hotel, there could have been real violence and jail time. It doesn't make sense this very real problem was just being used as a distraction for Tommy.

Similarly, Tommy's mom wasn't encouraging him to come home, that there was a problem, no one called him to encourage him to get there sooner with some pretext. They all just waited and waited until he showed up after dealing with things at the club an taking the faux-Helen back to the hotel.

Cute story, but the details don't really fit cohesively. That said, what I assumed from the moment his birthday was mentioned was a surprise party was being planned. I just figured it was going to be at the hotel room. The mention of the birthday and their public feuding persona would have made the 'make him jealous and then surprise him' gag logical. This story, not so much. Just doesn't make sense with how it fits.

oshawoshawalmost 10 years ago

I think what Carvohi was trying to indicate was that by the act of wagering the friends were doing harm to the relationship. A real friend would have given the guy a heads up instead of betting. That caused the jerk to have even more reason to seduce the wife. As always, a great story. Looking forward to your next.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Good tale ..... Uhhhhh

Bit rough ...... The flow, not the plot ;)

The end though left me with a dangling string ..... How did the wife know?

Kinda felt like a nut was missing - right at the point when the swing set is 90% assembled.

Good stuff still

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
A decent plot

A bit untidy in the execution but I liked it. OK, the guys at the club were betting against Jim. If Helen, and then Wayne, knew about the bets (how?) why didn't the guys know? And why didn't they refuse to pay Jim, knowing it was a fix? Still it's Carvohi's story.

katranmankatranmanalmost 10 years ago
Good Tale

What can I say, this one is a lot better than anything else posted in LW today -- 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nice story.

Better than the vast majority of what we've been getting in this category of late.

I agree with a few of the issues some have already raised. I also wonder why his mother would play along with the infidelity angle "She's out. She said not to call her." Usually the excuses with surprise parties are to encourage the person to get home.

It's also a lucky break he wasn't in any sort of accident, rushing back to town in a near panic on a rainy night.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the tale (as I do almost all of your stories) and was glad to see a happy ending for this couple.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nine loving wives stories today

And only "carvohi" wrote one worthy of reading. Only story that made it over 4 stars. What does that tell you about where "loving wives" (cuckerotica) is going? Down the drain. We're fortunate, that there are still a handful of erotic writers who post in this category, otherwise we would be SOL. 5* for an entertaining read. Thank you for posting, it's guys like you that keep me coming back to this site. (ML)

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

But this surprise party could have turned into a wake...

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years agoAuthor
Hi! I want to comment...

I really enjoy the comments, but...

I'd be pissed to shit if any of my friends bet on my wife's fidelity or infidelity. I'd expect them to call a guy like Jim Carpenter out, and I'd want them to call and tell me right away too. I think Oshaw got that one.

About Helen's willingness to fall in love with a guy who worked his ass off finding ways to provide for his family. I'm of the opinion a 'real woman' doesn't marry a man for what he does but for who he is.

Yeah Wayne and Helen, and maybe even mom knew the deal about Carpenter's shitty bet, but they were planning a surprise birthday party too. Helen might have liked to argue, but she trusted her man.

Thanks for the comments. I've got another in the tube that should be up in a day or two.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

thebuffalothebuffaloalmost 10 years ago

Enjoyed the read. 5 Stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
thank you for the great story carvohi

it beats all the other shit posted today. a real loving wife story, no cheating ,just love. he got a great women . who stood by her man..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

great story

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Very Good Read

An enjoyable tale about a non cheating wife for a change !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Disrespect???

So it's ok to be a bitch in public as long as you make up for it at home?

Sorry, not in my books. That side apart from being not a true loving wife gave Jimbo the in he needed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
TWO

TWO STARS

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
Wtf?

All over the place. It's tough to come up with a different concept in LW but this is a idea not properly thought through. 3*

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Cute Story

Five stars. But there was one disconcerting element. Spouses don't humiliate each other in public for fun. Guys do that to each other ("it's a guy thing"). Husbands are especially sensitive ("it's an ego thing"). A central tenet of true love is to specifically avoid humiliating each other ("it's an I made that up thing").

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
I guess I am a sucker for a happy ending

and thus score this pretyy high. Nice job. Thx for your efforts.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Very funny!

Unfortunately, it seems not everyone has a sense of humor.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Thanks for the offering. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
CINCO F U C K I N G ESTRELLAS !!!

SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY RETARDED CUCK STO.... DIARRHEA ON THIS CUCKEROTICA !!!

Vanderdecken

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 10 years ago
Feel good story - I like it!!!

Well written story could have gone many ways but enjoyed the way you took it...

Thanks for writing and sharing

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
loved it

Practically worthy of HDK. Well done.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Finally!

A wife who has some smarts. She was not bored, curious, unloved, etc. Would like to read about all this from her point of view. Good job.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Now that is a Lovoing Wife story

And a loving husband story -

The shit heads gets his quick and dirty - the happy couple gets theirs and we all smile -

Thanks great story -

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Right Catagory

Very good story, well told.

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

A nice twist instead of the twisted tales that are usually here

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
surprise

It's nice when the surprise is on the perpetrator.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Am I Missing Something?

Those other guys at the club, they were betting that Helen WOULDN'T have sex with Carpenter.

Maybe they should be blamed for not letting him know Carpenter was sniffing around Helen, but he sort of already knew that.

But as far as betting on her fidelity, they were betting that she was faithful, seems like a positive to me.

slamdog1slamdog1almost 9 years ago
Really?

KarenE. Everyone was in on the joke. Helen put a lot of time into planning it. Carvohi laid it all out. I can only guess what he had in mind but I assume that since they had been married for several years she knew her husband and how he thought so it had to be deep enough to convince him. I enjoy Carvohi's work and hope he continues to entertain us.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 8 years ago
To KarenE

KarenE, originally I had the same thoughts you had. However, after further contemplation I came to another conclusion. The fact that they were betting, even if it was on Carpenter's failure, was still encouragement and support for Carpenter to make the attempt. The right thing to do would have been to refuse to bet and express disdain at the idea of seducing another man's wife.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 8 years ago
One more thing

Nice story Carvohi. Thanks for writing!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
nice story

nice story, but Helen was in on the bets also? So that would mean she knew all along that Tommy would be played for a fool. How's that a hallmark ending? Seems she shit on him.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
IF YOU HAVE A GOOD THING

fight for it with all you got. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHEN YOUR ON A GOOD THING STICK WITH IT

Good story! But I can't help thinking if his tires didn't grip at a bad time and place on the wet roads for what a surprise party? Fucken dick heads. THINK BEFORE YOU DRIVE! Nice story! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE. NO TIRES OR ROADS WERE HARMED MAKING THIS COMMENT! BYE

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

I know it's been said before, but while his friends were jerks for participating in the bet, the WERE betting that she WOULDN'T cheat.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
What a great story!

I love it. Well written, well thought out, and a great plot. 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Even betting that she wouldn't cheat is bad

Betting either way enables and encourages the potentially marriage destroying behavior. They helped create the market. That's why they're also guilty. Following your premise, it should be OK for athletes to bet on their own teams to win. That would never work because it's not about getting the desired outcome, but enabling bad/corrupt behavior.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
Well, what do you know...

An actual loving wife. ^_^

They're like unicorns around here.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I'd like to read more stories like that!

She is a truly loving wife and he is a very lucky man. That was fun! 5*****

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
To Funny

Funny and glad it didn't go wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank goodness...

...someone still writes the occasional heartwarming story. 5 stars. Lover it.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago

I was expecting Tom's car to go off the road as he sped to the motel. Nice twist.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Nice save!!!

I was really hoping for some coitus interruptus!!! Maybe some violence too. Glad the wife wasn't a slut!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Read it again!

It's a lovely story about a great husband and wife. That's the way life should be!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
club guys

All the guys at the club were betting on his wife being faithful. The bet may have been wrong, and they should have told him about it, but they were on his side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
'H.... E.....' 😊😊😊😊😊 .....

Heyyy ...dontcha jes lurve a Happy Ending .... ????

He's got an awful lot of ass kissing to do when he gets home .....

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
ANOTHER REALLY GOOD STORY

A HAPPY ENDING IS ALWAYS A PLEASANT SURPRISE. GOOD WORK!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Who would've thought you could do all that in just 2 pages??? LOL - Great story - 5*

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story about a Loving Wife. How have I missed this one for so.long?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Perfect length, perfect growth of tension and excellent payoff from the climax. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent

5 stars easy

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

Bad tast surprise, I would made her pay

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree with the other comments, great story! One of the pratfalls of reading loving wives tales is that one gets jaded at how families are wrecked by infidelity, and it's really refreshing to come across a tale where the spouse (female and male) remain loyal and committed to one another.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

At least some of those men had bet that Carpenter would lose the bet.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

When there are actual loving wives in a Loving Wives story, my brain has to re-adjust for a bit. But boy do I love it when it happens.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Aww well wasn't that sweet? The only thing that would have made it better would be a little bit more revenge on Carpenter, ideally by Helen, and then maybe a little hot sex scene post-party so we can get a better picture of just how awesome his wife is. :) Other than that, a great actual loving wives tale.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A true loving wife story; you're a hit and a miss with your stories I find, I've read more than a few. This one is a big hit.

ukrainianukrainian23 days ago

Thank you. Please accept five stars and a favourite.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous