All Comments on 'Too Late for Goodbye'

by CarterCounty

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
It is a short story

I think the author got across the point that was to be made and the story is entertaining.

Well written and a complete story.

Thanks

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Good

Short and to the point. Happened to a laid back friend of mine a couple of months ago, he isn't laid back anymore. The other guy left town within a week leaving most of his stuff behind, it was the smartest thing that he has ever done. The Tommy's of the world need to be put in their place, there are few men left who will put them there. It is a good thing to find out before it is too late.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 13 years ago
Round-up

Love the Story but it would be nice to know how everything turns out. does Tommy get his. does Stella stick by her friend.

Does are Hero get a New Better Woman to Flaunt in Jackies Face,

Nice Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well done.

Good short to the point story. Your doing very well with your stories, carry on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
You were heading for 5 stars...

... But it seems a little unfinished. I like to see the cheaters face SOME sort of consequences for their actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Voice Recognition Software

I can come to terms with Writers using VRS, if you do, but for commenters to use it . . is plain ridiculous, or dumbed-down and lazy.

How do we detect VRS? Bad word choice is the dead give away " Does Are Hero .... " indicated the accent the commenter has, even.

" I bought this Voice program and I'm damned well going to use it " seems to be the motto

Cheers

Kilroy

SpykkeSpykkeabout 13 years ago
Since when did

fiance = loving wife. To be frank, too short and nothing new.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
I thought this was a good flash story...

It still needed a bit more resolution. While I appreciate its brevity and economy of words, I would have enjoyed a more fleshing out as it may of the main characters. Good story and will forward to more.

zed0zed0about 13 years ago
FINALY....

A "Flash" story that is complete and not some unfinished BS. Well said, well written, and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Getting "prospective?"

*sigh* This is such self-important writing. It's not particularly well-done, and that makes it worse.

MelloYellowMelloYellowabout 13 years ago
Short and sweet

Thanks for your fine work

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Good!

Good! Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
good

This is a good story, albeit a bit short.

However, it is "perspective", not "prospective" as used here.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 13 years ago
I thought it was good

I thought is was well written. Her reaction to 'you're out of here' was about right. Endless groveling is generally over done. However, as others have commented, it needs filling out, and some resolution to the revenge aspect. As it stands, there is too little in the plot department.

As to originality, while it is to be encouraged, it's an unrealistic expectation, given the tens of thousands of LW stories.

So keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I liked it. We didn't have the main character make sorry excuses for her cheating or have him wrestle with the decision to break up. Pretty refreshing!

At least he learned about her cheating ways now instead of after the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Why go after Tommy

Why go after Tommy? Put the bad behind and go on with the future.

HamsterHamsterabout 13 years ago
Go After Tommy?

I agree with the comment regarding Tommy. Totally out of character for Mr. "in control" to go postal on the other guy. Tommy is probably just the latest in a string of other guys, anyway. Kick the cheating bitch out and get on with your life.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Nice tight story

No complications to a common plot. Fiancée thinks she can play games and she gets caught. At least he didn't end up married to the bitch.

The whole "I need time to get perspective" is bull even if she hadn't been cheating. She had already accepted his proposal. If she hasn't already got the certainty of wanting to be married to him why would he accept someone who has to talk themselves into marriage. That's a very weak start to a supposedly lifelong relationship. "Yes, I love you but I need to get away from you to think about it." Not someone I would want to be married to. I'm not saying she's bad for having doubts (but she is for cheating). But you don't start a marriage with a maybe/maybe not attitude. Better to set her aside and move on.

And yes, Tommy needs to get his ass kicked. Tommy knew he was dissing him. Maybe a busted nose will remind him in the future not to move in on existing relationships. If Tommy didn't know she was seeing someone else it would be a different story.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersabout 13 years ago
I like them...

Short and sweet. Good job.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Very nice quick story.

and a quick reaction from the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
loved it

short and to the point a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Short and VERY to the point!

I like it and the NO-NONSENSE way the story was written. In the mean time I disagree with the others who felt Tommy needn't be dealt with. In another case, had she gone out and found someone to connect with (minus her ring) it's entirely on HER (as, by the way, it would be on YOU if the circumstances were reversed). However, in this case, scumbag Tom asked about him by name and screwed with an "engaged woman" deliberately, so all bets regarding Tom are off and he is DEFINITELY fair game for whatever he gets. -LBuddG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Your opening comment.

Your stories are good. You do not need to explain that there is no sex in them. With the way you write sex would only distract from the story line. Please do not change your style you are breath of fresh air.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 13 years ago
Very Well Done.

Short, correct and to the point. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Perspective,

perspective, perspective.

lovewordslovewordsabout 13 years ago
I like

I like it, will there be more?, will he find Tommy or meet someone else who rocks his world the right way?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
"My life isn't a game you can play with and then take a break from...."

was he bitchslappin' the cunt as he said this? He ain't going after anyone. She's Tommy's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Too short

The set up is great, even the confrontation fast and to the point. But then it stops. We don't get to enjoy her suffering the consequences, and we don't get to enjoy Tommy having the crap beat out of him. I know some authors feel it's stylish to stop the story short, but if you don't want to write then why did you begin the first part? I mean you got things going, so follow through.

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Fun read

Well paced and well plotted.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Really good snapshot story

Keep writing your stories are one of the few left that have Men With Balls in them. Way too many castrated cuckold wimpass stories making there way to this catAgory. THANKS!

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
Extra points for this one!

Short & sweet! She obviously didn't value what she had and valued Tommy more. Tommy may learn a valuable lesson about screwing with a woman that isn't yours.

Thank you

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
Everything Scorpio said and more!

This is what I wish I would have done with the last woman I married (number three, and no more) , then I would have been far better off. This was a great short story with so much in it. Great job CC. R.T.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
Not really in the right category, but Five Stars for you work!

You told the whole tale, but I wish there had been more.

rdd1953rdd1953about 13 years ago
Great Stuff

I read all of your stories on here real powerful and good reading. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Spelling!!!

It is not prospective. It is Perspective! It sets my teeth on edge when the wrong word is used when a simple dictionary/thesaurus check would give the correct word!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
hey anon

How do you know the author meant 'perspective' instead of deliberately misspelling the word?

In the context of the story it could be intended - get off your high horse.

bartolobartoloalmost 13 years ago
Short and to the point.

They are not married yet. But she should be devoted to him, and not Tommy. She's done something that will certainly dirty her social history, so to speak. This chapter could/should be continued and developed into one of several possible ways: the chapter could form a template for a longer story. Nice job.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Too short

Good point made that she had already been caught doing this before. She didn't learn nor did she love her fiance enough to quit playing around. We did not get any dialogue as to her reasons. Maybe she thought him a wimp? Tommy needs to be at least scared or at least scared enough to say no unless she was breaking her engagement. The writer did not cover that either. Maybe she told Tommy that her fiance was a wimp cuckold to be? Without the "Whys" what do we get from these snapshots? Of course we get the point that the main character is not going to tolerate an unloving and disrespectful slut for a future wife. I mean if he had, that would be describing a willing cuckold wimp wouldn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Too long !!

I started to be bored after four sentences. That's how long it should have been !!

TechRaiderTechRaiderover 12 years ago
that was great!

i wish it was a little longer, maybe make her cry some more and tell how the hunt for tommy went. lol. would have made a kick ass story. though, that was nice and sweet for a short one.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
nice hit right between the eyes

Bye,Bye bitch

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
OKY - DOKY (long o's)

Very sweet and to the point! Short or not I liked this one.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
"Now she was crying and I guess I should have felt bad. But I didn't."

Oh this one sentence.

How pussy-whipped are we as a gender?

Nowadays you have to feel bad about dumping your cheating fiancé because she's crying? Evolution evolves in a sinus-curve, I think the female gender in the west is in for one rude awakening.

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
Why can't the girl quit the acting?

If she really doesn't love the guy anymore, why the meaningless tear. Why couldn't she straighten herself, take responsibility, and take off with her lover?

And the main guy would be stupid if he went along with his threat, when she obviously isn't worth the risk of putting himself into jail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
User

user (boy or girl); hate them.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Short and sweet

John got rid of a future cheating wife and never even broke a sweat.

My man.

HA

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WHAT!!!?????

but she's sorry and didnt mean to hurt you. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read!!!!!

Short and sweet and to the point. Thanks for sharing

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
super

short and not so sweet

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Well done...

Short but not too sweet, just like you said; good read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Second Comment

That's how you prevent a future cheating skank slut whore ex-wife.

HA Ha ha

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... but I think he shouldn't have mention the Regency. Just tell the slut it's over and to get the Hell out. He has nothing to explain. He said it before, back in college. As for Tommy just catch him in a semi public setting, jack him up against a wall and in loud voice ask "What did you say about my Mother?" Let people break in up. Over a period of time repeat with "I hear you been talking behind my back" and other such claims (there is a million of them). At some point he'll fight or run when he see's the big guy coming. Both should work out well.

Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
DUMB!

How stupid do women think men are? I know men think too much with the "little head", but Jackie got what she so richly deserved. Good short story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

As Simon Cowell used to say ... So what? Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
'Bout time!

Its about time one of your male charachters had two balls and a backbone!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Perspective

Not prospective. ~grin.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
There aren't many authors...

who can create a world in one page. Please write more for us.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Short, sweet and to the point and that point being the area where the footpath meets the road.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 TOMMY CAN YOU SEE ME

but you will, TK U MLJ LV NV

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 10 years ago
He didn't ask.....

for his ring back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I like it.

Short. To the point. Pack it. Get out. Don't come back. Ever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Decent

Nice and short. Only real problem I had with it was the misuse of the word prospective. You should have used the word perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
perfect.

short sharp and too the point.Best way to deal with a cheater,perfect.!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Rather than the line

"Tell me, when did Stella move to the Regency Hotel?"

perhaps it would have been more dramatic to just play the recorded message on the answering machine...

Nice cute story, very enjoyable.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Let's put this all in perspective

If you can't spell, get help before submitting your work to be published.

Prospective literally means "looking forward". It can also refer to an event that is likely or expected to happen in the future.

In this case, her behaviour, arrogance, and deception, led to her being caught in her past lies.

Her cheating happened in the past. She did it yet again expecting to get away with it another time. In actuality, he had the perspective of enjoying the prospective of looking forward to a life without her and her lies. And the perspective to put it all together in order and to understand her betrayal.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
"Prospective"

He's quoting something she's said to him in the past. By this time in the story, we already know that she's not very smart.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Exactly!

A clear headed protagonist for a change!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
excellent

i wish i was not asleep at the switch 5

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
The really sad thing about stupid people

is that they don't know that they are stupid. But they sure as hell think everybody else is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Short'n'sweet!

Just like I like it!

My own was just as short and sweet. My fiancé and I were not far from our wedding when I happened to stop in at a restaurant/lounge about 60 miles from where we lived. I enjoyed the place, they had the best wings back then so if in the neighborhood, I'd swing in. So, I take a corner seat with a bucket of wings and a pitcher of beer along with the sports page and settled in, until I saw my betrothed coming in on the arm of a guy who I knew to be an 'ex' lover. She was smiling up into his face like he was God.

My heart dropped and I was almost sick. They sat across the room from me and neither saw me simply because they didn't take their arms off of one another. They sat next to one another and I saw him fondle her more than once. It was really over when I saw her take his hand and actually put it between her legs. I watched, took a couple cell phone pictures and then set it to video. When there was enough evidence anyone would understand, I was thinking about her folks who'd spent a lot of money already, I'd show it.

I'm willing to give every problem time, time to understand ones feelings and not jump the gun. I gave it about 30 minutes, more than adequate time, then started my new life, without her as my wife. I stood, dropped two $20's and walked directly to their table where his hand was working furiously between her legs, obvious to more than just me. They didn't see me before I got to their table and her left side was to me. Before they knew someone had stopped, I had grabbed her left hand and swiped my engagement ring right off her finger. She shrieked when she saw me and what I was doing, and then started crying. I told her in words loud enough for the entire room to hear.

"I'll have your shit packed on the front porch and you can pick it up tomorrow. I don't want to see or hear from you ever again."

She tried to grab me when I turned to leave but I shook her off and left without looking back. I had to walk around the side of the building to get to my truck, right past the window where they sat. She was back in the booth with her head down on the table crying, her new boyfriend was rubbing her back and talking to her. I stopped and when he noticed the movement, he looked up. I drew my finger across my throat and pointed to him, then left. My point was clear.

My cellphone rang so many times I took finally turned it off. We didn't have a landline so the only way to contact me was my cellphone or stop by. The next 8 hours were spent purging our rental of her stuff, I had it all in garbage sacks on the front porch by midnight. The pictures I saved for last. All of our pictures were in photo albums, on our computer or hanging on the wall. The ones from the computer, I purged. Every single one of them. Nothing was saved. Those that were on the wall I took down, took the picture out and cut myself out of it and replace what was left. Every picture in our albums I did the same thing, I cut myself out of them where possible, or threw it in the fire if not. All these I laid on top of her bags of stuff.

I was woke up the next morning with banging and screaming. Befuddled with not enough sleep, I went downstairs to see what the hell was going on. It was my ex, along with her folks and she was screaming to get in. I'd blocked every entry with a chair so she couldn't get in. With my truck in the garage, she had no way of knowing whether I was there or not. The racket continued for at least another hour with her folks trying to pull her away. They finally got her to agree to wait in their truck while they loaded her stuff, until she happened to noticed the wall photos on top of her shit and that I was cut out. She went ballistic! It got so bad, I finally went back upstairs and called the police. She had broke out the window in the kitchen door and was trying to unlock it when the police showed up.

When they knocked on the door I had to answer it. My ex tried to slide by and get in, until I slammed the door in their face. I watched as he put her in the squad car and came back to the door, this time I invited him and her folks in. I explained to the police we'd split up and I had packed her stuff and they could pick it all up, plus, they were welcome to come back later and go through the house for anything else I might have missed. Then I explained to her folks, who never really cared for me, they like the other guy better even though he'd cheated on her before, what had happened. Her dad spit and sputtered, saying his daughter wasn't like that. I dug out my cell phone and after I showed them a half dozen pictures, along with the policeman, he calmed down. It wasn't until I made them watch the video and believe me, dear old dad didn't want to, that they truly understood. When it got to the point where I had zoomed in on his hand rubbing her clit and making her cum, neither had anything to say. I apologized for the money they had already spend and offered to split it with them. They didn't say anything when they walked out with the cop. It was only a few minutes and her shit was loaded and they pushed her into their crew cab pickup drove away.

You'd think that was all, right? Nope. The cheater cunt wouldn't leave me alone. She stalked me harassed me and did her best to embarrass me. Worst of all, she set her friends on me, telling me I was being unreasonable. It came to a head when two of our friends stopped by and told me I had overreacted and I should take her back. So I asked to have Lisa sit next to me. When she did, I kissed her and stuffed my hand between her legs and grabbed her cunt. Fuck, you would have thought I set off a bomb! She screamed and tried to get away and her boyfriend went ballistic trying to beat the hell of out me. When they had calmed enough, I showed them the video and said my playing with his girlfriend shouldn't be any big deal, that is what they were telling me when it was MY fiancé. They were properly quiet when they left, and I told them not to come back, ever.

I'd had enough so I downloaded the video on the computer and started sending it out to everyone in our email list. EVERYONE. I'll say this, no one called or stopped by to apologize to me but no one bothered me again. Even my ex didn't bother me anymore. The last I heard, she had moved in with the guy and about 6 months later, she moved back out after he had cheated on her multiple times.

I thought it was apropos.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

Stupidity runs amok. Now she can fuck her boy but she lost her man.

Enough said

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE

and using the same excuse doesn't work every time. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Perfect

A perfect cheating resolution!

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Damn Sweet!

At last a man that has a realistic perspective on relationships and cheating partners.

Thanks for the ride, short but oh so sweet!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
I hope he got the ring back

He found out before they got married thank God. Life's too damn short to waste time with stupid sluts. He found out about the problem, dealt with it and moved on. Well, except for the promise to show the asshole who was willing to fuck his fiancee. Gotta love a man who knows when someone needs to be taught a very important lesson about life, that being that sooner or later such a bastard is gonna fuck with the wrong man's woman. The ex fiancee loses him, the asshole gains the need to grow eyes in the back of his head, and learn to never sleep again, for the rest of his life. Sounds like a great ending to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
A Year Later

Still a good story, still the best way to deal with a cheater. Married or not, the willingness to cheat is part of the core personality in a weak, selfish person. In truth, such a person should never be allowed to marry, or hold a position of trust or responsibility of any kind. You see, the phrase once a cheater, always a cheater is in fact true. That is because cheating is only a symptom of a much worse condition - pure foolishness! Yes, cheaters are fools. Their selfishness overcomes their intelligence and they do foolish things of all kinds. So, this story took the best, most wise path in dealing with a cheater: Cut off all communications with the cheater and move on.

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directoralmost 8 years ago
Someone help me understand, please.

This site is for posting your own stories, right?

So why would you use the comments section of someone else's story to post YOUR story?

Am I missing something?

verbicideverbicideover 7 years ago
Boring self-righteous crap

Look, if you want to post "burn the bitch" stories to bolster your flagging self-esteem ... awesome, but something like this belongs in the non-erotic category. That is what that category is for, stories with no sex or eroticism that have business being in any other category. Now beyond that, this story reads like the bitter, little fantasy of a guy who's been kicked to the curb and spends his days in a dark room muttering to himself over what he "should've said to that bitch".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@ verbicide 09/03/16

Whine much? Butt Hurt Cause Your Boyfriend Cheated On You? Just get off your mom's tablet, get out of her basement, pull your panties out of you vagina and FUCK OFF.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Can't Give High Marks For Unfinished Work

So what happened to Jackie and Tommy? Stella needs to be dealt with as well. As far as it went, it was a decent enough story. It just didn't go far enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Shame

Its a shame you no longer write.

Seems the reactions of the men in your stories a very close to real.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Not really a story, more like a scene from one.

Also it's perspective, not prospective

andyinozandyinozabout 7 years ago
Just putting things in perspective

Enjoyed this story. Brief and to the point.

A good thing that Jackie didn't know how to work the answering machine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yeah!!!

This one I liked! He wouldn't let her get away with it but what I liked most is that he wasn't going to let Tommy get away with it!

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 7 years ago
Right Move

Good flash story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
lb_says

Think author was being sarcastic.

Girlfriend using wrong word thinking she was sounding intelligent

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Straight up good.

A Flash story the worth the few short minutes to read. *****

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Perfect

A perfect short story. No questions left unanswered.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
5*

short and to the point

very well done

just wish i could of heard about her suffering a tiny bit

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Good story wrong word

I think you meant perspective.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I wish I had an answering machine like that!

Good story, bad girl, and much needed freedom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting!

Some commenters asked why should the ex-boyfriend who was fucking his fiancé get punished, lol. These guys must be alpha males who routinely screw fiancés and married women. They are afraid that this type of retribution will be applied to them! Like are hero, I point at those commenters, move my finger across my neck and point at THEM! They are next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FINALLY!

Just too bad you didn't carry it just a bit longer with him taking care of Tommy!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

Great story. Just a man taking care of his business.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hmm...seems familiar

Check out Texas artist Randy Rogers Band “Too Late For Goodbye” from album “Burning The Day” HE writes good stuff! Album released June 15 2010.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Perfect

Perfect flash story. She is accused, tried, and convicted. The end.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I still like it!

Wish it were always that easy.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
I wanted to read

The confrontation with Tommy. I am sure he got his ass kicked royally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why Trandall. They aren't even married and John put up with it before and forgave her. If they were married then perhaps but they arent. She made the promises and it was obvious she was going after it. Fuck em both, they aren't worth the effort

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous