Treasure Ch. 51-55

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a pause on the line. "I fear you are right. There is something that has bothered me ever since the news of Rori's appearance first came out. Why wasn't she found shortly after the Arrowhead Pack was wiped out?"

"She was found by humans, not us," the Beta said.

"True, but this isn't something that isn't in the news. The whole Pack disappears one morning, and twenty miles away the previous night a baby is found on the side of the road. Shouldn't someone have at least checked into it? The Pack scent would have been on her."

"I never thought about it," he said. "It does seem like shoddy work when you think about it."

"It is. Now, why would someone not look into something so suspicious, especially when the fire makes it so difficult to determine who actually perished in the attack?"

Beta Carlson felt a pressure in his chest, it couldn't be true. "You don't think... Oh Luna, that's monstrous!"

"And there are some who call us monsters. Secrets and lies from seventeen years ago, secrets and lies now. Behind them all is a very special girl with the power to change the fate of the man who controls her. My woman has been fortunate to bear me a son and a daughter, while this one could bear a man a hundred children in the same time. Less than a century and a Pack could double in size and power. It's quite the prize, and greedy men will do anything for power and money."

"Fuck!" He stopped walking, unsure of what to do. "Alpha, what should I do now? I'm still pledged to this man."

"Keep doing your job, Ron. We don't know who is involved or how high this goes, so trust no one without reason."

"Who can I trust?"

"Me, I will support you and the truth, you know this. If you can reach out to Rori or Chase, even Coral, trust them as they are the ones with the most to lose here."

"Rori's grandfather is arriving tonight. He's meeting with the Council in the morning."

"Charles should be brought up to speed as well. If the Council is compromised, he needs to know before they meet. Trust him, he never gave up hope she would be found."

It was a lot to think about. "I will take time to talk to him as soon as I can," Ron said. "I have to retrieve the bug and find out what was said after I left."

"Email me the file immediately, before anything else. Use cellular data, not the Pack internet, even if you have to drive somewhere to access it. You need to be careful of what you do and say, Ron. If they were willing to kill an entire Pack, they will not hesitate to kill you."

"I understand, sir."

"Good. Stay and gather whatever evidence you can and make arrangements so if you have to leave quickly, you can do so. Don't come back here, they'll be looking for that. Go to Rori or Charles with the evidence."

He took a deep breath, realizing how right he was. "I will, sir. Thank you."

"May Luna keep you safe, Ron." He hung up and put his phone away before finishing the walk back. He was almost afraid of what the recording would show.

-

Chase held Rori in his arms as they tried to make sense of everything that had happened. They had talked to Sawyer, sending him to Two Harbors along with Connie and his Mom. "We can't stay here," he told her. "My father knows that bikers from this Club were at the house, and the Council knows they are helping us. They might have people watching every chapter, maybe they even saw us arriving."

"Where would we go?"

"Minnesota, of course. We have a lot of work to do there."

She tried moving her leg up his body, she still couldn't bend her hip or knee that much without pulling at her wounds. "I can't ride yet."

"You'll be better in the morning. Let me talk to the Club; I need to find something comfortable for your travel that can bring the motorcycles too." He could see she was fading. "You get some sleep, I'm going to talk to Thor."

"All right."

Ten minutes later, she was tucked into bed and he was back down at the bar with the Club leadership, explaining what he needed. "You don't want the Club to escort her," Thor asked.

"At this point it will attract more attention than it is worth. What I want to do is be able to hide our motorcycles in a trailer, have a bed for Rori to rest in, then just drive away while no one is looking. I don't know, maybe an SUV with an enclosed trailer. I could buy something, I have plenty of cash to cover it."

Switch just smiled. "Come on, let me show you something." They got up from the table and walked outside, going across towards the garage. Like many motorcycle clubs, they had a fully-equipped garage. Their compound had a large lot, on which they had long-term storage of boats and RV's as well. What was more secure than a lot guarded by a feared motorcycle gang?

They came to a long Class C recreational vehicle. "This belongs to my cousin, he's going jail for two years and his old lady needs the cash. He asked me to fix it up and sell it for him. It's a toy hauler," he explained as he went around to the back. He pressed a remote, and the back panel lowered down on a winch until it formed a ramp. The back eight feet of the RV was clad in diamond plate with lots of tie-downs. "You can easily fit a couple motorcycles and an ATV in here." They walked up the ramp, going through the door. "It doesn't have the big bedroom of other types, but that dining table converts into a queen-sized bed. Lots of storage underneath and over the cab, and I got it tuned up and ready to sell last week."

"It's perfect," Chase said. They quickly agreed on a price, and Thor got a few of the Old Ladies to clean and prep everything while they loaded their motorcycles into the back. He paid by check after getting a full rundown on how everything worked. Switch pulled it next to the Clubhouse while Chase went inside and packed. One of the prospects took their stuff out while Chase carried Rori down the stairs to the side door, which was well hidden from the front. Once he had her settled on the bed, he sat in the chair across from her.

"You ready?" Switch got in the driver's seat, he would drive out while they remained hidden. They waited until a bunch of Club members left with the Prospect driving the van they had come in, after one of the Old Ladies had put on a red wig and was carried out to the back in full view of the road. A few minutes after they were gone, the gate opened again, and they pulled through.

Switch drove through the night, finding an empty road outside town. He pulled over, letting Chase take the driver's seat as he got out. "The Prospect will be along shortly," he said. "Take care of her, she's special."

"Damn right she is," he said. "Thanks for everything, Switch." He put it in gear and headed south, listening to her gentle snores as she rested. He drove on highways for a few hours, finding a Wal-Mart in Bend where he could rest. Parking at the back of the lot, he stripped to his boxers and tucked in next to her. In the morning, they'd continue the trip, heading east towards Boise where they would pick up the interstate. He fell asleep with her snuggled in his arms, the way he wanted to fall asleep every night of his life.