All Comments on 'Trials Ch. 07'

by KemMyst

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Nate1980Nate1980over 2 years ago

You might want to check legal forums. The audio of the confession would not be thrown out because of entrapment. The entrapment defense is only available where the entrapment was committed by either a law enforcement officer or someone working in cooperation with a law enforcement officer. Thus, if a person is induced to commit a crime by a private citizen, he cannot use the entrapment defense. See Henderson v. United States, 237 F.2d 169 (5th Cir. 1956).

Nate1980Nate1980over 2 years ago

I don't think legally the confession would have been thrown out due to entrapment. The entrapment defense is only available where the entrapment was committed by either a law enforcement officer or someone working in cooperation with a law enforcement officer. Thus, if a person is induced to commit a crime by a private citizen, he cannot use the entrapment defense. See Henderson v. United States, 237 F.2d 169 (5th Cir. 1956).

wil2085wil2085over 2 years ago

nate1980 not quite accurate. there are 2 requirements for entrapment defense. 1 the method used to induce was illegal. 2 the person must not be predisposed to commit the crime/action they were induced to. Lyssa admitted that she had been trying to bait Ron into pursuing her and that she knew he would follow her onto pack property. What you explained is called legal entrapment. This however is what you would call civil entrapment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous