All Comments on 'Tricia'

by julybear7

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Chicago style hotdogs

Clearly you are from the east coast. Chicago style hotdogs do NOT have Kraut or (heaven forbid the dastardly)ketchsup.

A Chicago-style hot dog is a steamed or water-simmered, kosher-style, all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun originating from the city of Chicago, Illinois. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sweet pickle relish (often a dyed neon-green variety, sometimes called piccalilli), a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt. The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments.

Some variants exist, adding ingredients such as cucumber slices, but the canonical recipe does not include ketchup, and there is a widely-shared, strong opinion among many Chicagoans and aficionados that ketchup is unacceptable. A number of Chicago hot dog vendors do not even offer ketchup as a condiment.

julybear7julybear7about 13 years agoAuthor
guilty

you're right, I'm a nor'easter, but spent the better part of twelve years living in central Illinois, with bi-monthly trips to my in-laws in Forest Park. will grant you the ketchup (bad mistake), but it was my wife's German grandmother who taught me to like kraut on my dogs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A four apartment Condo? So where does the fifth one come in?

“At street level, were the living/eating areas of the two lower condos (1A and 1B); the next two levels were sleeping quarters, with the top level, the living/eating quarters for the upper dwellings (2A and 2B (Jared's)).”

“... he exclaimed, meeting one of the women from apartment 2C by the mailboxes in the elevator bay.”

Erm, four apartments - 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B.

So in which building is 2C, in which the young lady lives?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Four stars

It appealed to the romantic in me but it seemed a little quick at the end so I gave it just 4 stars.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 11 years ago
Loved it

There are times when the relationship between a man and a woman "just clicks." It appears this was one of the times. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
almost stopped reading

I know this was written years ago but if your not from Chicago don't write details that are painfully inaccurate. I am glad someone already pointed out the ketchup on a hotdog. I cringed and immediately realized you were not and probably never was a Chicagoan.

Marshall Field's is now a Macy's (a very painful reality for us). This change occurred 6 years before the story was written. We don't have street vendors, if you were in the loop you would walk to the Picasso, and it is Michigan Avenue not Boulevard. (and there would be no reason to even drive on Michigan from the Picasso to the fountain.)There were a few other facts that made me cringe but the ketchup, Field's and boulevard were enough to leave a comment.

Not trying to be obnoxious but I suppose reading so many inaccuracies made me wonder why you would include them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
cute little story

of extremely shallow people with the morals of a billy goat. to share a spouse is proof positive that there is ZERO true love to be found...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous