All Comments on 'True Lies - Redux Ch. 08'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
On and on it goes

Where it stops, nobody knows, not even the writer.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Excellent ! Best chapter since the cat pretending to be mouse intro.

Finally the bad guy gets the spotlight . I liked how his arrogance with government potenates persisted even as his fortune is at ebb tide.. This guy is an asshole , but not a quitter and will have to be reckoned with . The scene reminded me a little of pedophile billionaire Mason Varger ordering around FBI power broker and wannabe Senate candidate like he was a Taco Bell drive thru cashier in Thomas Harris 's ' Hannibal '. Excellent scene . K

The introduction to new weasel boss was tight , as well as the ransom call . Cliffhanger has been artfully set up. Don't worry about concluding series unless it's organic to story. Three great scenes , no weak ones and setup readers knuckles to whiten up with aforementioned cliffhanger outro.

Even Jim's early, wishy-washy intullectual angst about career vector was ok because it contrasted well against Grayson 's up close and personal conflict with powers that owe him for past contributions. justbobkc's Goliath is now aware of this David's ( Jim ) havoc potenial and won't underestimate him again..So get your popcorn.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story

Great story line with a lot of really intense research being done to really make this story work. As far as only a couple of chapters to go, I could go for another 15 or 20 with detail and the heart you are putting into this - I would still enjoy reading this adventure. I hope he goes Rambo on all the traitors in this one....

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 8 years ago
ratings

i don't rate stories till the end. so far a real good one. i do wish your chapters were a bit longer though.

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

loving it thanks 5

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
I agree with LSD

This was the best chapt. since the first one. Please keep it going.

This is the first good story in LW in what feels like a frickin month !

5 *'s

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 8 years ago
Why wrap this up so soon?

It's just starting to get _really_ good! (not like it wasn't already, mind you)

Hell with that - feel free to turn this into a Prolonged_Debut10-esque saga. With your current direction, that's more than possible. Unless, of course, you intend to get everyone killed sometime soon, that is (which would be a shame).

We haven't even been introduced to Jim's future "in-the-back-of-the-truck" workmates yet. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
non erotic

non erotic should not be posted here in the future...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This story is losing its way!

It's time to wrap it up. To many inconsistencies , way out there in unbelievable. He sleeps with Jennifer as his wife is held prisoner. A govt that's doesn't know it's own spies. Held in a govt jail. Etc.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
A PLAY ON CURRENT LEADERS

which may be closer than one imagines, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Notice how every anonymous comment has negative something to say ?

Fuck them.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Oops

There was one positive anon but he's the exception that proves the " fuck them "rule. As for non-erotic anon nitpicker ? Here is a very special " Fuck you" from me . Better now ? Hope your erotic minimum baseline is met now .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This part of the story felt like you are finding that you have painted yourself into a corner a little bit. I am one that downgrades a story a little if there isn't something hot, but mostly that felt like another bridge chapter. All that said, I am hooked on the overall story. Checking for the next chapter is one of the first things I do each morning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like it

So I am anon, but I still like it. Stories of all kinds are about the setup and build which this author is doing rather well. There is tremendous conflict among all characters in this story which could make for a simply over the top finish. Thanks for writing. I'll keeping reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
JBKC, don't ever stop, don't change and don't worry if one or two ne'er do wells....

...harrumph their way into oblivion. It's equally possible they would have gotten....tied up by mistress Abigail and left to 'think awhile' on their misdeeds. They might even be back....but others are joining the fan base for this story and all anxiously await your next installment. Most of us recognize the need for means to transition from one phase of the story to another and are just fine with this more 'administrative' chapter.

And, though I've said it before, Thank You!!!

BriteaseBriteasealmost 8 years ago
Best chapter yet

Am I weird because I enjoyed the bit about the battle of the religions? You're spot on about Christianity, and I'm afraid it was us Brits that saved it from extinction. Sorry about that.

swampchuckswampchuckalmost 8 years ago
I agree with brittease.

One of the best chapters. Kinda got bogged down a bit. I look forward to those that need punished are so with complete and total disregard. I'm completely drawn into this story. 5******

HadleyVBaxendaleHadleyVBaxendalealmost 8 years ago
Excellent work

I look for a new chapter every day. Keep it up, please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good story

The last chapter dragged a bit, but this one was good. The story arc continues and in the tradition of many spy/adventure stories some people or your own side are as treacherous and evil as your enemies.

Now it's a LW rescue and revenge (maybe) on the administration pukes who have sold out.

Please keep writing, it has become a more interesting series.

Thanks.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks again to every one reading, voting, and especially commenting.

I'm 15 pages into the next chapter already and should get it submitted tomorrow latest.

Most chapters so far are 17-18 pages in my word processor and that translates to 3 lit pages.

All I can say for sure is this next chapter definitely won't be the last.

The plot continues to thicken yet advances a bit faster, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Crossroads

Your boy needs to channel Robert Johnson ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Take your time.

At this point one can only understand this story by starting over at the beginning. Might as well wait till the last chapter is published.

Thanks for your efforts.

ace4869ace4869almost 8 years ago
Rambling.

When you tell the actual story you have my interest. But all that was at the beginning kinda turned me off. I really like your stories but this chapter made me do something i don't usually do. I skipped through the junky part.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
You should try reading it

if you think it was hard to write. Bye.

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
Well...

That was way over my head. I'm English and I have no idea what the fuck you were on about with all the agency stuff and tec talk. But I will stick with it to see how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Corrupt Beltline

Great! It's now about corrupt politicians and "advisors" inside the Beltline. You have so much material. The story will never end. Keep on writing. DEH

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Still a good yarn!

You are really ramping up the questions, so I will be here to see what you do!!!

cap5356cap5356almost 8 years ago
hard chapter

this chapter was really hard to understand as u kept switching back and forth with his thoughts. then to top it all trying to figure out who is who is a little nerve racking as he seems to be going in circles on who is a friend and who is the enemy. hope the next chapter starts clearing up the darkness in this story and hope it is soon. keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
No more

This is to dam boring.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 8 years ago
I think

it's fascinating. Take your time, keep writing. All good stuff. I just have to wonder how much is true......

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update

I did submit Chapter 9 Friday night.

It's still pending and hasn't been approved and scheduled for posting yet.

Well, it IS the weekend and I mention a couple of young girls and their father is threatened with their sexual assault though of course no actual sex assault on them occurs or is otherwise depicted.

I'm just guessing but I'll bet such references are highlighted somehow and require extra scrutiny. No problem with me if this causes a delay.

I'm about halfway thru writing the next chapter. Things are heating up, I think, spy wise. The relationship angst is back-burnered just a tad, but still simmering. That's what I'm aiming for at any rate. Chapter 10 won't be the end, either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Unintentionally Funny Line

"It was these kinds of thoughts that eventually allowed me to get to sleep."

Put me to sleep too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

Anony out his wife to sleep while he was fucking her

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 8 years ago
Pacing

Is really pretty natural when you digress into history. Im sure your buddy Trumpf appreciates that you left out his relatiionship to the pedophile. Sometimes the retelling of the action is rushed. Lots of twists and turns. Thought you were about to wrap things up with a classic cold war confrontation and now it looks like we are moving into Bethesda Set or the Jim Supremacy. Hope you devote an en entire chapter to the subterfuge. HRC off the rails trading fetal spinal fluid for Enriched Dilithium crystals from the Mohamedans sounds plausible right now in a deal brokered by Ukranian Stalinists. Its a good read. I will stay with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm about halfway thru writing the next chapter. Things are heating up, I think, spy wise. The rel

There's still more after the chapter still pending approval?! Things aren't heating up, they're getting more tedious and long winded.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
Still a 5

But I am wavering

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Atlas is shrugging in this chapter

Looking forward to the remaining chapters

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Excellent

Twists I never saw coming. If it’s unpredictable, it’s much more interesting and enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Getting pretty tired of your proto MAGA bullshit

You have an interesting underlying story here. It’s too bad you seem to stray into MAGGot territory instead of keeping out of the weeds.

1* unfortunately. Really tedious.

I’ll read 1 more chapter then bail probably.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cardboard cutouts

The simplistic stereotypes you use to pitch a trumpenproletariet worldview get in the way of a potentially decent story. At least you are a couple of notches above crowbar cartoons.

Propaganda didn't die completely when Limbaugh went off and started a worm farm.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Getting exciting, lm hoping he gets to kill quite a few people, and soon.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very exciting story.

I'm very impressed by your depth of reading in terms of religious history in politics.

Also your analysis of current political situations in the worldview was very interesting.

Good story keep going!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous