All Comments on 'Trying To Measure Up To Saint Greg Ch. 02'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm usually a big BTB fan

but that doesn't mean that I don't like happy endings. Sometimes, things do work out.

But only if they're both into making it happen. These two were.

gravyruggravyrugover 9 years ago
I still think this one needs work

Good idea, and I like the plot, but there's too much for a quick read, and not enough for a full story. Needs a lot more of the details filled in.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Hmmm...

hubbie is still a sanctimonious shit.

lonesomeone2014lonesomeone2014over 9 years ago
Not Complete

Needs more character development. As is, its a short story about a dysfunctional couple claiming to be in love but having nothing in common until one leaves the other. It isn't long enough to warrant two chapters. You have other stories that are light-years better. If I voted, I would give this a 1*.

oshawoshawover 9 years ago

A very nice conclusion. Thank you for submitting the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nope

Not finished yet. Still need to resolve the kid situation among many others Very disappointed. You glossed over everything important. Felt like a,wham bam thank you ma'am.

If your going to write, write. This was a narrative and piss poor at best. Mikoli can do a better job than this.

What happened to the edgy slirpuff????

This isn't even a pale imitation. Horrible. So sad.

Gee, I saw a slirpuff story and said YES! Now, I wish I said no.

Never thought I would see this day. :(

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

This tale is done. What more needs to be said? They moved away from daily contact with the kids, they saw a marriage counselor and after fifteen years, they're still together, in love and working on their marriage. That's the end. Great tale and great conclusion.

Five Stars

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
now it is clear

Freidan slip? Misspell (Betty) Friedan? Or Freudian?

Anyway, I finally figured out who Slirpuff is, he's the real life prototype for Malaprop Man from the Frank and Ernest comic strip.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Love

I have a problem with Lisa's lack of love and respect for her husband after all the years he had already put in. What's changed? He wasn't asking for much. They had him pay for the wedding like he was the father and then they treated him like he was an asshole. Sure it was mainly HER spoiled brat daughter, but Lisa went along with it. Lisa could have loved them both, if she did love them both. She didn't love him, he was just the fill in for the Greg. So, what changed? She didn't seem as if she had a revelation or all that apologetic. She seemed to be kind of selfish. From dancing with other men while she was "waiting" for him to her general attitude about their relationship. In fairness to her, he seemed to be a bit of a whiner and a mama's boy. He didn't assert himself and organize the marriage from the beginning. He went along with the poor little widow. No much like a corporate CEO in my opinion. In the end I have to ask, "what kind of relationship is it if you need all kinds of counselling?" It seems like you are trying to make to parts fit together - that are not made for each other. Why bother? My part 3 would be entitled: " Lisa Cheats on Him, big surprise: she never loved him after all!" (BTW other than this story which seems out of character, you are one of the best writers in this site!)

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good ending...

This is how I would have ended this story...4 *...

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Logical conclusion to the original story

But I felt there was too much negotiation and discussion before they got back together. That makes it a contract, not a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a marriage that takes work in order to survive

Indeed, getting married is easy. Staying married is hard work.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
great story

I liked how this story turned out. they both grew up some in the time away and learned that it takes alot of work to make a marriage work

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Now listen to this...

My wife hates Literotica. She hates that I refer to it at all, but for the first time ever she actually listened to me when I brought this story up. That says something; Slirpuff's story reached a real 'Literotica' hater. That alone gives this story a five.

Now about the story. No one was completely right or wrong. Lisa was overmuch too busy trying to be the perfect mom, but it had been just her with the kids when George died. Those years of being the only parent must have been hell for her. Lisa had been through a lot, and Steve should have understood that. Still once she married Steve she owed him her loyalty, and that's where she did let Steve down.

Steve made a financial commitment; even after Faith's vicious behavior his decision to cut and run was childish. Then Lisa grossly failed Steve by not aggressively chasing after him; this should have been especially apparent in light of her son's reaction at the wedding.

It took a while, but they reconnected. Older, wiser, and more mature they did the responsible things; they talked, they got professional help, they used sex as a vehicle to restore intimacy, and they started to build 'their own' nest. Marriage is hard work, very hard work; good marriages are based on compromise, real compromise. This story is complete. Steve and Lisa made it because they both grew up.

My thanks to Slirpuff for giving this story closure.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Rock Solid, Very Well Written and Unbelievable Story

The wife character did too drastic of an attitude turnaround to be credible. She had been enabling her daughter and discounting the narrator too fully and then did a 180 degree attitude turnaround. People over forty do change but not 'that' much. To his credit, Slirpuff labored mightily to make the reconciliation possible. The intensive counseling was a must.

Although this woman was saying the right phrases, the phrases rang hollow to my ears. Let's face it. To a good looking woman , men are like buses: there's always another coming. Her initial outlook was warped ,but there's always another chump who would play the rigged game that the narrator played, at least for a while.

In addition, not only the wife but stepdaughter executed a full tude' turnabout and was willing to understand the surreptitiously hamstrung wedding reception? No grudges ? Not in the,world, I live in. This was absolutely an absorbing read with flashbang moments .

But the mother and daughter acted in concert for years undermining Steve and then both became reasonable? In my envisioned ending , Steve would have awake duct taped to bed and the twosome boiling tar next to multiple gallon sized bags of feathers. Props to Slurpuff for effort, but he picked to build a literary bridge across a canyon too far.

No man gums up a Bridezilla wedding and walks away unscathed by female fury. Good try though ****

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Fart in the Wind

Total copout on any and all issues raised in Part I. If you write and plot like this, don't write.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Not as good as Ch. 1.

Slirpuff is one of my favorite authors and the story did not disappoint. Chapter 2 pretty much had to end this way. This one could have used an editor - the first sentence had 3-4 errors. The mistakes made me wonder if S quickly threw this chapter together because he had not planned a chapter 2 or because he submitted the first before starting the second.

TalenhawkTalenhawkover 9 years ago
Finshed

This wasn't your best work but thank you for completing it and not leaving us hanging!

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Always a sucker for Slirpuff.

And here is why: EVERYONE has a point of view. And everyone has a VALID point of view (as opposed to wifey saying 'but it's just sex. I need a 9 inch cock...)

It is this sense of realism that makes me (for the most part) always enjoy a Slirpuff story. The wife lost a husband of many years...and not only did she have to deal with her grief, but she had to deal with the grief of children not particularly well equipped to deal with it, particularly Faith. For the fathers out there, how broken up would YOUR daughters be if YOU died? Faith, for her faults, was a messed up kid. I can see my daughters in her. They don't take my absence well.

So, while I don't AGREE with the wife or Faith, I can understand them. I can get that what he did at the wedding, a once in a lifetime event (hopefully) was partially ruined by the husband. They were rightfully angry...AND they also, when discovering he was gone, got enough of a wake up call to start a bit of self reflection. That speaks well of their character. Late but they aren't dead yet.

So the wife correctly is offended by his actions: ruining a wedding and abandoning his wife without 'trying'. It took a therapist to get her to see his efforts. We all see OUR efforts clearly. Other people's? That is less clear.

This relationship could be saved. Slirpuff did it with a realistic pen and his writing has caught up with his ideas FINALLY.

There is another trait of Slirpuff's writing that I like. Very seldom does he write a story about a wife who decides 'hey...prostitution is just the ticket!' or 'you know what I need? A cock in every opening in my body!' or even 'hmm...is less then 11 inches enough'? No, he tends to write about problems I can appreciate. A wife getting stupid by saying something horrible or doing something unethical. A man taking umbrage over something too much. A wife in an emotional affair.

Yes, the odd extreme story is nice. Once in a while, I like something a little more grounded.

Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disappointed

Slirpuff is a much better writer than this,,, Like another reader I was excited to see a story by Slirpuff, this was written by someone else using his name. As stated the issues brought up in the first part were not addressed in the second part. No detail, year and 1/2 apart still married what happened?? Did they live the life of saints 2and 3? does it matter? Lots of issues unanswered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Real life doesn't happen this way

Been there done that, got the scars to show for it. Reality? He left with valid reasons and she, in her unrealistic mood, immediately went shopping for another dumb sucker who would kiss her ass. He gets divorced, she remarries for better or worse(doesn't matter), and he finds another woman who fits and fills his needs; so they are both, if not better off, at least happier than living like that with a shrew.

At least worked for me..

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 9 years ago
Contrary

Contrary to many of the comments, I found the story well written, interesting, and believable......been there, almost destroyed my marriage and we rebuilt it so I think it is a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
typical

2 star effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You should have stopped at Ch. 1

No one to cheer for in this story.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
UGHHH

What a crock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Boring as fuck

i felt like he did and fell asleep for 6 hours in the middle of the story. You can and have written much better than this. SS06 and you may well have exhausted the subject, his last offering was off the mark as well. nonetheless thanks for writing.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtarover 9 years ago
Get Real

If Greg is a Saint then Steve is a Pope. According to you Steve makes no mistakes, he is perfect, he's a Pope. Why isn't Steve going through therapy. I know, Steve did not do anything wrong. Everything is Lisa's fault. It's not Steve fault, nothing is Steve's fault. GET REAL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really disappointing!

This story deserved so much more than this writer gave it.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
I enjoyed it, but...

I thought it could easily have been stretched out another page or two.

I don't have a problem believing this story, at all. People get caught up in things. They miss signs, gestures, the importance of conversations, because their focus is too narrow. Then when they're called on it, sometimes, just sometimes, they're smart enough to realize they fucked up.

In a two dimensional world, everything is all cut and dried. It's this way, or that. In real life there are so many shades of grey it's hard to say what IS. That's why we take our chances. We take leaps of faith, with every decision we make.

Women are funny creatures. Some of them can so easily be turned into faithless sluts. Some of them can be loving sluts. And some of them can almost turn off their sex drive, or at least have it shut off. And some women can be all of these at various times of their lives.

In my mind there's nothing here that seems unfeasible. It just seemed a little rushed.

Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for finishing it. I have to agree it was too short and a ittle rush. You are better than this. Personal opinion, you should've added some about dealing with her kids. That's still critical. I also thought the time frame with no contact and before they got back together was a bit unrealistic. Still gave it 5*. I still liked it, and I REALLY appreciate you finishing it.

Also, in answer to below, for marriage counselling you both have to go. She went to individual counselling and they both went to couples. Some things are better discussed with a refereee to keep it from going crazy and keep them on track.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
LordSlammdawg

I heard that comment before: that men are like buses and a woman will just wait for the next one.

There is a corollary to that that I heard a woman's group discussing. It was specifically about 'where have all the good men gone'.

They said the first part: In their twenties, men are like subway trains at noon. One will be by in fifteen minutes.

BUT...they also said, 'in their thirties and later, men are like subway cars AT MIDNIGHT...you never know which is going to be the last train'.

Lisa is a bit beyond her 'sell by date' and a lot of her divorced friends are in her situation. Sure, they can get a dance or a fuck, but a husband? That is trickier. Particularly one who was generous enough to help pay for the wedding of an ungrateful bitch.

So the fact Lisa might miss what she had? Very plausible. My wife's single friends are moaning about their prospects.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ACCEPTABLE EXPLANATIONS ARE REPLIED

acceptance is iffy and the dynamics still change. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
true to the end

marriage has always work to do from both side till end

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago
OK

Not too bad an ending. Steve corrected the initial mistakes he made by making it clear he would no longer tolerate BS. Lisa, having been read the riot act by lots of people and having gone to counseling has managed to extricate her head from her ass. NOW they have a real basis for a relationship based on mutual respect. I do observe that much of the problem revolved around her kids and the problem kind of removed itself as the kids moved on rather than actually fixing the problem. Lisa says she understands the mistakes she made about her kids but has that really been tested? Steve did get her to move further away and the kids respected the distance. All that seems good. The rest is just Real Relationships 101, talk honestly and respect each other.

The major change that improves the story was that Steve acted more like a corporate executive, not a lost and whiney fool. It was also good that Lisa didn't collapse into a weeping puddle either. Two strong people. If they can continue to build the respect and love ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i never miss a slirpuff story

If the uncle blew up and walked away from the reception and the brother was letting the girls know how he felt. This does not quite fit with the first part. All Lisa says when she comes back is 'sorry' and come to bed its over tomorrow. Then not a word by anyone the next morning. This seems to 'pat' or contrived to make Steve look bad.

The opening argument of the wedding and 'our' money. Lisa's half of 'their' money was way past 'gone'. Wedding planner, flowers, photographer, invitations. etc... what Steve canceled was a drop in the bucket. The canceled honeymoon trip, is not part of the wedding. That would be a gift and you do not have to give a gift that's not appreciated. Did Steve screw up? Yes Years before the wedding. Counseling and confrontation were way past do.

Still . Love the stories from this author and really liked this premise. I'm looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sorry

I wrote reception and should have wrote rehearsal. (see above)

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Realistically Squashed

Fairly realistic but this chapter felt more like a summary of the ending with a few explanations/clarifications tossed in.

Not your best though still good.

4*

Thx

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
I like a happy ending.

Well, it's about as happy as you get, Slirp. You excel at creating flawed characters that are closer to real life than many I've seen on here. All marriages have problems. It's communication, or lack thereof, that determines whether or not any given marriage can be saved. No cheating. No cucks. No BTB. Just a snapshot of real life here in this tale. Great stuff once again.

5 Solid Stars.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 9 years ago
Nice ending...

Good to see that they could see that there could still be something there to give it another try. I am surprised that she did not bring along a male to try and belittle him so he would feel forced to file on her. Love your stories. Please write again

Soon.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 9 years ago
A good story

I like happy endings, and this story has very good ending.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
NO WAY

She and her family treats him disrespectful for years Then after he had enough, he leaves. Then it is....if you want back with me and my ungrateful family, you gotta do it my way. He needs a pre-nup, before the first date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
*yawn*

Is it over?

Oh, good...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Needed a bit of editing, but was a very sensible conclusion to the story. Well done.

kakashi524kakashi524over 9 years ago
Loved the 1st chapter

...2nd chapter not so much.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
are we okay? yes ... but ONLY if you are fucking idiot.

this was not just awful.. it was WRETCHED. NONE of the KEY issues which drive the husband away are even address.

then 3 or 4 paragraphs later they are having sex again.?

WHY do authors bring about all this drama ..events.. disdain and disrespect THEN never bother to even talk about in the next chapters?

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
OK I Guess

Good writing, believable characters, pleasant read. But there was just something contrived about wife's transformation between the chapters. And explaining that all the other selfish nasty characters were also transformed. Right.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Balloon

Good story but after what I think is a good 1st chapter, well,,, the second is rather like partially deflated balloon. Still a good story but it a bit of a 'let down'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

After writing all these stories, you STILL switch between first and third person and STILL can't tell the difference between 'women' and 'woman'. FYI WOMEN is multiple, WOMAN is one. You use the wrong one EVERY time.

This was boring and really didn't need to be separated from the first chapter.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
way too convenient

It seemed like a dash to the finish line. How can we wrap this up quickly with a satisfactory ending? I really didn't like the scene at the bar while she was "waiting" for him. She was so busy having a good she didn't notice when he came in. You have to wonder how she spent her time during their separation. Her attitude really hasn't changed much. Breakfast? Her way or the highway. His money? nope, Our money. I want to get some sleep and think about it and she jumps right back at him with another put down. And him? Still thinking with the aid of tequila.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
from Duna

Successful Reconciliation story. The wife discovered she did mistake so the reconciliation's foundation worked well. The husband decided well. The princess learned too.........5*****

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Interesting enjoyable tale

but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth since the basic questions of respect within the family were never dealt with. There were a lot of interesting scenes mentioned but not detailed..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It was nice to...

.....read something with a clear note of reality.

It would be nice to do a follow up and cover the content of the letters from the kids and perhaps delve into whether or not the princess ever made amends.

In most blended families in my experience, many of the most difficult problems in the relationships between kids and steps never really get dealt with. The times that it happens, there are usually some precipitating circumstances or events that drive that effort. Once or twice I've seen tragedy foment healing in the remaining family members. But....what a cost!

Nice writing, if a little abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Now that works for me! Not a dumb cheating wife take.

Thanks for the change of pace. A different story from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I take that last comment back

I got you mixed up with strange star6.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 9 years ago
Well written, good story

An enjoyable read with a good plot and story line. Really close to a true story.

So worth the time to read. As always when I see the author I know to read it. Still holding true!!!

Please keep writing and I will keep reading. Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Thank You. A very well written story.

AMerryMan

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
It's been said.

I can add only that no matter how utterly justifiable, his abandoning of Faith's expectations for her wedding without notice, without informing any of the principle parties, too late for them to reconsider or adjust, was desertion under fire. Unpleasant though it might be, not dramatizing their earlier state of marriage so we can see his justification, presenting it to us only in retrospect (and his only, at that), makes it hard for me to be fair to him. He did owe them his implicit commitment to their plans, however outrageous, or else an earlier, timely, categorical refusal. What he did we usually call a last-minute snit.

Other than that, as always intricate in its awareness of human feelings, presenting an original and fascinating form of infidelity, at least for a loving wives story! Suggests there are also many other non-sexual ways for a wife to cheat on a husband!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
too bad

When Faith deliberately gave him the wrong address sending him to the wrong place too far away to get there in time for the rehearsal dinner that was enough.

They owed it to him to treat him with respect if they expected him to pay for the wedding.

All Steve was to Faith and Lisa was a wallet that refilled itself.

The "Bridezilla" BS is an attempt to excuse inexcusable behavior.

But she was a disrespectful bitch to Steve long before the wedding was planned.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Seems to me that, as regards the daughter, he gave what he got...

He's ok as long as he spends whatever she wants... and as long as he doesn't attend the rehearsal dinner and as long as he isn't actually part of the wedding and as long as he pays for his replacement... oh yeah, and finally, as long as he doesn't even remotely get it in his head that he's any kind of father to her.

It might be different if he shafted his wife (he didn't saddle her with expenses as a result of his cancellations) or if the daughter had been a child (can't expect children to act like adults) but clearly in this case the adult did act like a child...

And then to have absolutely no support from his wife - the woman who presumably saw enough in him to make her want to marry him in the first place... getting back together with her would be a tough call but leaving her was definitely the right choice.

If she hadn't wanted him as a husband, a partner, or any kind of father figure, why marry him...?

stout1759stout1759over 9 years ago
scoring

I have a problem with some of the commentors. The scoring goes over all the stories. Have you read any of those other stories? Most of those people can't spell much less put together enough thoughts to make a story. I am not trying to change your mind. I don't care. Your opinion is yours. I only ask that you be fair overall. If the scoring only went for Slirpuff, no big deal. You're dragging a decent writer into the realm of the illiterates. Sorry. Loving wives is too wide open as it is. Some authors can tell a satisfying story in half a page. Some can take 55 pages and make you want more (LONGHORN__07). Let's be fair. Reward the good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Counsellor counsels

Councilor votes on appropriations and regulations on the city council.

saratusaratuover 9 years ago
Ambivelence, ,,,,

had it right. In this particular situation I've had the experience and the marriage went straight down the tubes. Sometimes talking doesn't and can't stop the situation from occurring again....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I felt it boiled down to them using him

And he allowed it. Instead of putting his foot down he allowed them all to walk all over him. Not to say that he deserved it, but he was partially to blame. What I don't understand? It sounds like with all her therapy she hasn't learned that much. I mean she was all up in his face when they first saw each other after all the time that had passed. She had changed her looks to suit herself and immediately wanted him to fall into line with her eating habits. She's still self centered and looking out for number one. I can't believe he didn't turn around and walk away in an act of self preservation. All the talking in the world wasn't going to change who she and her kids were. Nope - once again you have stretched the limits of plausibility and ended a story in an unbelievable manner. They talked, they got divorced and moved on. The end.

HardYakkaHardYakkaabout 9 years ago
Not vintage Slirpuff

But I'm glad to Mr. Stephen Moore back on this site again.

4*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Okay

That works. They got back together and worked on their differences and are living a happy life.

Nice

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 9 years ago
It´s a solution...

...that works with me, too. There had been a few other possible endings, and I personally would have prefered another, but as I said: A round story and your ending came over quite well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well that was one choice

And while it worked I'm not sure it would have been the direction I chose. They get back together. They talk. They fuck. They seek marriage counseling. She makes the move this time. But there are still unresolved issues. He wants her to move away from her family. Yes, it's only four hours, but nobody is getting together at lunchtime to catch up. Nobody is stopping by for dinner. Nobody is going to be around to help with the grandchild that is on its way. Those are deal breakers in the real world. And I think they would have been deal breakers for her. While your conclusion was plausible, I just didn't see it working out in that manner.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
let me see if ......

So do I have this right?

The company is having a major meeting for upper level employees and they are insisting that he speak at the meeting?

He tried to get out of it and it was refused?

And his boss says he isn't worth a damn as an employee?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A good and very realistic story.

A plausible and satisfying ending. A good read. Thank You.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
MAN SHOULD ONLY LIVE TO THEIR EXPECTATIONS

not others or societys' mores. TK U MLJ LV NV

rick_ohrick_ohover 8 years ago
If he had not walked away

Lisa et al would never have come around, no matter how he tried to communicate. Lisa and kids had to see what they were in danger of losing. I think it's reasonable that he walked away and left them to deal with the fallout.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Didn't Work For Me!

The 1st part was a very interesting story, this second part...not so. After all they put him through in planning for and then the wedding, thee would be no forgiveness in me. To not walk his step-daughter down the aisle and then purposely given the wrong address for the rehearsal dinner. Way to much to overcome. He was only being used for the money. He did right by skipping the wedding, etc. but he should have went for a divorce, not only from the wife but the children too. Then the wife sets up a meeting and finds her dancing with another guy? No she is definitely not worth reconciliation. I don't care how much her body changed, I don't think that she changed that much. Thanks for an interesting story

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 8 years ago
Could it get any more unrealistic?

Don't think so.

The bitch and the greedy brats are dead.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Not Sure How I Feel

I DO like a happy ending, and I do believe that the learned from their mistakes.

But I do agree with him that they screwed up from the beginning. As he said, they really shouldn't have moved into the house she shared with Greg

In any case, the kids didn't have to love him, but he should have made her DEMAND that they treat him with respect. If Faith had otherwise treated him with a modicum of respect, and ASKED him if he would mind if she had her uncle walk her down the aisle, he probably would have said okay, even if his feelings WERE hurt a bit.

"Hon, tell her you're sorry and that you were wrong." - As he said, he probably should have walked right then. At lest he should have told her that if SHE didn't talk some sense into Faith then he WOULD leave!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Gotta give it a 2 Thumbs Up

Sometimes it takes an action to get the desired reaction.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Too Easy

After such a miserable experience it is too easy to reconcile the characters in the story. I would have put it 70/30 against. 2*

SixishSixishalmost 8 years ago
Jerk

Dude in this story really is a tool

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
Nice one

Really nice story.

Remember people : communication and respect are key for any relationship. You can love her/him but without these two you are not going to make it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Divorce-Should a, Would a, Could a

He had the should a, and the would a, as-well-as the could a but, he did 't pull the trigger on the marriage. Poor dumb fool...

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Dumb

Don't buy any of it. Try again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Second read

He did what a lot of guys in love do under the same conditions he forced the issue. Where he wrong was in how long he it took him to too it. It should have been done long before the day of the wedding not the wedding day. However with all that being said when love comes into play the brain turns to mush and is really useless just the way it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It's fiction

It's not real so you can play it out any way like. I don't really buy the second part with respect to everyone's behavior. Even the boss struck a discordant note by putting the estranged couple in close proximity for the fun and games. The wife and kids all wake up and realize how mean they were. Not likely! More likely, everyone goes nuclear. (Or nucular. C'mon, aren't we all missing W now?) Back to my point: you lost all drama and tension when everyone started to behave rationally. Ratchet up the misbehavior and save the day just before the final explosion. Better story. Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Read it Twice

Still don't like the ending. I think in, "real life" they most likely would of finally gotten divorced.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
I Don't Think So!

I wouldn't of gotten back together with her. I'd of filed for divorce as-soon-as I could. To many friggin problems with "her" family..a soap opera in the making..

A_BierceA_Bierceover 6 years ago
I should of known

I would of thought that folks who care enough to comment on a story would of had at least a fundamental understanding of English usage and would of known that even though "would've" sounds something like "would of" it's actually a contraction of "would have" (just as "it's" is a contraction of "it is"). But I would of been wrong. Pity, that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Still One Of The Best

Read it again. Slirpuff knows how to spin a yarn with believable characters that one can actually root for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

She was right, he wasn’t a two-time loser. The minute he reconnected with that self centered woman and her rotten daughter he became a THREE time loser.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
So

she wants it to be the two of them but she balks about moving four hours away? WTF? And she's going to tell him what he can eat? Start looking for a new job and a new woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pretty realistic, actually

It's pretty difficult to live up to the shadow of someone else. Take General George S. Patton (the great WW 2 General) and then take his Son, General George Patton Junior. Junior would get madder than hell with people comparing him with his father; and he was known more than once to simply get up in the middle of an interview and leave. They're the first Father/Son to command the same unit- the Abrams were the second family to do this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Patton_IV

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

A good enjoyable read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Not Buying It

Sorry, not buying the reconciliation.

Even if they didn't move, all the kids are out of the house, so the major points of conflict are gone, but her TOTAL disrespect for him from the day he moved in is just unforgivable to me. The fact that it took SIX months of therapy for her to see how badly she treated him speaks volumes about her character.

I can see another LW story when she starts going out with a slutty girlfriend or a pussy hound comes to work in his office, and he tries to warn her off, but of course SHE knows better!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

No more Greg, but she's still all about her.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

Nice fairy-tail butttttt.... We are to believe that Faith never intervened again, or that Gandma-hood never became a distance issue? Nope can't buy this stories ending as written. She wasn't that great a F to blind him again and he was not going to take her schmit or family interference. I cannot see the two girls not creating ripples.

What Faith did was totally unforgivable - I'm glad to see it gave Robert a wake-up call.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

The wife said she had 6 months of therapy and finally realised how badly she treated the husband, but she never seemed very contrite. No phone calls, texts, or emails during the entire time they were apart? Where was the heartfelt apology?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Question

She tells him she as sold the house because she realises she as to move on from St Greg and not let her children rule her life,so why does find it hard to get back with him?

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Wowee

Do We Have A Story book Marriage? " No "...Does That Sound Familiar..99% Of Us "Yes "......You Get My Endorsement ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

You know that JERRY SPRINGER Would Have Given His Left Nut To Have Had This On His Show! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Sheesh

I Made A Boo Boo!... It Should Have Been!... 99% Of Us Don't Have A Perfect Marriage! ....Sorry! WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Would have enjoyed the story more......

If you would reread your work or learn to spell or both! Intension...is that even a word? Just one of way too many!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Most of commenters are right

Too little too late. That pretty much says what I think. A good reconciliation tale leaves me with a warm feeling in my heart. This story leaves me gritting my teeth thinking that somehow his suffering in hands of his wife and his two step-daughters isn't over. None of them tried really hard to apologize to him and make up for they way they treated him. His wife still feels like an entitled bitch who wants him back (why? you never gave a reason why she wants him back) but she it not up to do many sacrifices. She's more like, "well, yeah we treat you back, beet over it and let's move on.

It would have been interesting to read or at least know what the letters the kids wrote said. Reconciliation felt forced. It also who have been good for the story to know ALL the point in his list not just two of them.

There are som unecessary scenes that really don't add anything to the story like her going topless or them having sex. It would have been good if you had presented the sex scene like a step in their way to get back together, but not as a drunkard moment out of hornyness. You need to pay more attention to details.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous