All Comments on 'Trying to Reclaim My Marriage'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 504 Comments
AlectraAlectraalmost 14 years ago
Wow

That was good, really, really good. The flow never stopped, at the end I got a big smile. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
I loved it

I don't care what anyone else says about you, I think you're still improving.

This was a thoroughly entertaining story.

Thank you.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 14 years ago
Holy S-! You did this?.... Sorry, YOU did this! Reclamation in Rome couldn't do as great.

SP,

Where your creative mind came up with this, well Amazing. Damnn great story, writing and surprise ending. As real as life. Beginning to end.

No wimps no cowards (men who leave children because they are still) no selflish unrepentant cheating bitch, no vengeful in-law who wins.... you left no wiggle room for anonymous.

Thanks for sharing your great writing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Well done.

I agree, well done. It brought about a wide range of emotions as to what, where and how it was going to end. It was a diffenent ending that does bring a knowing smile to one's face (fantasy or otherwise). Again, well done..

hawkeye007hawkeye007almost 14 years ago
Outstanding!

This was one hell of a story. I loved it!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 14 years ago
WOW!!

If I could write as well as you do, I'd tell you what a clever story line, what wonderful character development, what flawless composition you put into that story. But I can't. So let me just say, you've been writing some great stuff, and this one seems to be Best of Show!

incestor007incestor007almost 14 years ago
Good one

You always good in writing Loving Wife (no cheating) stories. and yuo did it again. pretty reasonable, good plot and loved the ending and action both took, I think both were acting like adult in the end, there was no reason to dominate wife because she was working more hours, Obviously she was doing it for family, that is exactly we say, when wife complains about busy husbands, so its fair to give her chance to, attitude at party was not of a loving wife, but it could have been better, if she had come to senses on her own, Because people who learns themselves from their mistakes are less probably to make same mistake again, but when you follow someone's advice, next time you may think, his advice was good for him/her not for you. So they are more likely to make same mistake again, keeping that in mind. Anyway liked it and thanx. for good read.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!!

Great writing Slirpuff. How you were able to write a story without any cheating wives in it and make me really like it is awesome work. You've come a long way as an author and should be proud. But next time please write something I can bitch about....just kidding LOL!!! Thanks. Looking forward to your next post.

P.S. I added this as one of my favorites!!

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Really fine work!

This is almost amazing in terms of execution and as always the ideas were very good. Thanks for doing these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WOW

One of your best if NOT the best

john1946john1946almost 14 years ago
Fun

Fun story....Wonder what happened to the father-in-law, but who really cares. Another great story.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
excellent story

yes, as others have noted, this was a very well written, short story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Your Best!!

to one of my top three authors on the site, BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I admit that you're not my favorite author; but

this has to be one of the best stories I've read here. More realistic than some of the so-called "true stories" and it could be the story of every couple. Wow. I wish there were more than 5 stars because this story deserves it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Delightful!

I'm always happy to see your byline. You always offer a good read with well fleshed out characters, great story lines and honest emotions. Keep up the good work.

Romantic1Romantic1almost 14 years ago
First Prize

Both the motorcycle you wrote about and your story take first prize. Great job. Nice read.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
A very good story

Well planned and a very good storyline.

Smooth moving with more than enough background information to make it a believable story.

Well done, thanks for the good read.

fregenfregenalmost 14 years ago
Yes

Quite outstanding. A very believable plausable story well told.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

cpetecpetealmost 14 years ago
what can I say that has not been said..

VERY well done. I amplify what others posters have wrote.

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Well, well, what a great story

From beginning to end, it simply flowed. Wow.

Average_WriterAverage_Writeralmost 14 years ago
Hello Slirpuff

Once again great story. I liked this story a lot, thank you for writing it. And please keep the stories coming.

Regards

AW

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
Smooth Read

Nicely paced and credible story. For a while I didn't think they were going to make it, but I like the ending. I don't understand what Sid was hiding from; probably just missed it. Good story SP.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You know that there's a lot of people on the site when it's slow to load

or maybe I got a ...anyways typically thought out flare(sic)from slirps, well worth reading but not memorable. It doesn't have to be. Enjoyed it a lot...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
in an Otherwise Excellent Tale . . .

It shows that your voice recognition programme is good, but the words still need to be looked at and corrected. Half a dozen 'almost-right' words were protruding roots on the trail of this tale.

In the plot, I cannot see where the husband was made aware that his marriage was saved, and saved solely, by the paint-enthusiasm of one of the seniors of his (almost-ex) wife's legal firm.

Two small holes in an otherwise Excellent Tale.

Cheers,

Kilroy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent

You get better and better. The pace was nice and the story good.

mike2710mike2710almost 14 years ago
Thanks

Thanks fir the read and the entertainment. Mike from Texas

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 14 years ago
Well Done.

Just keep on writing, Please!

toesmantoesmanalmost 14 years ago
Great read

You really are just getting better & better. Thanks for the entertainment!

ShuriwudShuriwudalmost 14 years ago
Great Job

thanks for this one. I had a great time reading it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
Nice story, about time we see a "loving wife"

This one was at least as good as a DG Hear story -- I really enjoyed it. The editing was also better than a lot of older SP stories, although it still needed a tough up or two, as others have pointed out. The story flowed smoothly and was fairly credible. Thanks for writing.

chytownchytownalmost 14 years ago
Great!!!!!!!!!

Story. "Thank You" For such a good read.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
You rung the bell again.

Another winner, a really, really good story. It moved, no drag, no wasted motion, only a little violence, no real cheating, but still a gripping story of two people who lost their way and managed to find each other again. As happy and realistic an ending as you're likely to find around here. It's a good day around here when you post something new.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
As a SAHD this story struck close to home for me.

Given who the actual author of this story is... for Him... this is a pretty good one. The marriage was worth saving because even though the the wife was a complete asshole she seems to have not cheated.

The story Moves right along... and the plot is good and the character actions seem to be fairly consistent.

I am a little puzzled by the big dinner celebration scene. Three things.

First It almost appears as this this was written for a law firm in the 1970s or 1980s. I don't care how young and stupid and Drunk you are ... Nobody in the year 2010 makes comments like THAT about women in a loud open manner. Especially a woman which is being groomed to become a partner.

SECOND.... Husband might have taken a closer look at the comments... AFTER the fight. WHY did those drunks think the wife would do sexual acts like that? Sure maybe they were loud and drunk and obnoxious. But maybe there was another reason.

THIRD...The Wife's reaction to her husband getting physical with the drunk was a little hard to believe. OK I suppose immediately after the fight he wife might of been thinking "what a disaster this fight is for me... It's going to cost me my promotion that I have work so hard for ."

But surely the next day Or the next few days after everybody in the law firm would of heard about the fight. The wife would of gotten some sort of feedback that wasn't completely negative .... no? For example other the women in the law firm must have said something to the wife about how those guys deserve to being and it's good to have a husband who will defend your honor ... etc

FOURTH ....And what about the partners in how they would view such a fight ? As it turns out in the story one of the partners at the Motorcyle show did not view the fight nearly the same way the wife did in her initial reaction.

Surelyat SOME Point in the weeks following the fight one or more of the law firm big wigs Must of said SOMETHING about the fight to the wife.

But according to this story that never happens. I think that is kind of odd....

Overall good stoy.

apollonaapollonaalmost 14 years ago
Really good story.

I love watching the improvements in your writing. This one, is going to be one of my favorites. Very entertaining, and I think, quite believable.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Gritty and very real

I can speak from personal experience about doing things or letting things go because you love your wife and her losing respect. Sometimes people do stupid or shitty things and they need to be called on it, including your wife. Also, in the end, you will get no rewards for sacrificing your own goals or needs for someone else. The world isn't that fair. You need to respect yourself as being important enough to get what you need before you start helping out everyone else. This is a nicely written story. I might have liked some areas a bit better finished off. For example, the exec tells him he was justified in belting the obnoxious drunk at the party but SHE needed to hear it. I did like it that the wife didn't do a meltdown into a slobbering idiot. She said she needed to come out of it intact as well and I fully agree. Apologies may be needed but in the end if you want to rebuild a relationship it needs to be based on equal respect. I think she did owe him a bit more apology but becoming the biker chick was also a great way to say that she really got it. Very creative.

looking4itlooking4italmost 14 years ago
I liked it

a little emotional roller coaster but it resolved in the "fairy tale" way that was believable and left his balls intact. Good job.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 14 years ago
Great Story

Liked all of it. esp. when he told his Father In-Law Off.

and then to have his wife tell him te same as Steve and telling her Daughter to Kiss her Hubbys Ass was a good One.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoalmost 14 years ago
Good Story

I'd probably have been a little less trusting, as a previous commenter said, what made the guys think she'd be willing to do them all? As written, she apparently hadn't cheated, but what a bitch. He did the right thing when he told off her father and left. In the end, you've gotta take care of yourself first. Marriage and family are all well and good but if you aren't getting what you want then why bother?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I liked it!

Good story! Thanks for sharing. Ohio, USA

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 14 years ago
Ain't it grand

when you can write a story and recieve all good reviews rather than a buch of trolls degrading your writing? When you can write an emotional story in the Loving Wife genre where both the wife and husband resolve things without the wimp, cuckhold, kill the bitch mentality, and both maintain their dignity and self respect, I feel this is indicative of a good writer. You have improved to that level now. Please for the sake of your readers stay away from the cuckhold degrading slut type. I enjoyed reading this story and will read your submissions again. Thanks for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Please for the sake of humanity, write whatever types of story you want. Whether it be revenge, cuckold wimp, or just a plain old romance story. Please for the sake of all of us, don't let bullies pester you into writing only the type of stories they like. Write what you want, what turns you on, and what you want others to read from you. Thanks.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 14 years ago
Let's make a deal...

Your write the stories and I'll read them. I gave it a five only because that's as high as it goes. Thank you.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 14 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for writing and especially for not having Sue whore herself out to some jerk at the office for her position.

DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 14 years ago
I loved it!

My favorite scene, of course, was when he told off his father-in-law for being an arrogant snob.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A great story, but the marriage may be doomed

I don't want the wife to be entirely repentant and subservient, but I don't get a sense that she's really turned over a new leaf. It seems like she's going along to get along -- a short-term tactic rather than a long-term commitment. I could see a sad - or sad-to-happy - sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I cracked up on your line about the harness

Great story.

When his wife asked if he saw her as the picture on the motorcycle and he replied well without the harness I cracked up for 5 minutes..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Boring!

For all it's length, the story was really just boring.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Fantastic Story!

I truly enjoyed this!

Were Steve and Sue stupid when things got a little shaky? Hell yea!

Nice loving story with some roller coaster thrown in.

The telling off of the father in-law was a long time coming and fun to read!

Thanks for writing!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
I thought it kind of lurched along....

....towards an inevitable conclusion and I'm tired of the husband and wife always being blue collar/white collar but still entertaining.Thanks

pogo123pogo123almost 14 years ago
Well Done !!

This just made my favorites list. Well crafted, both in plot and execution and with cast of believable characters ... The authenticity gave the story credence without losing or boring those unfamiliar with the "scooter" scene.

All in all? ... One of the best I've read in some time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
FYI: This story just won an A.I.R. award for erotic fiction...

This story recently was awarded an ASSSOCIATION of INDEPENDANT READERS prize. On behalf of everyone in A.I.R. I’d like to offer congratulations to the author on his great work. I also highly recommend this story to anyone who has not yet read it.

Gabrielle L., President, Association of Independent Readers, Miami Beach, Florida

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
This one deserved all Five Stars!

You haven't always been my favorite writer, but you have now written one of my favorite stories. Thank you for what you do and please keep doing it.

fern501fern501over 13 years ago
Ah l'Amérique

It's great to read a story where one can read about a supposedly classless society...

Being born poor in Belgium and no education I know what you mean although it's a different ball game (culture wise). Having spent and traveled much in the U.S. I have been able to notice the same differences except that I've felt more accepted by all classes from bikers to upper middle class in the U.S. than Belgium.

Your story here was real close to the reality I witnessed in the U.S. I could even see myself back there.

This is the second time I read this story.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
One of your best ones

Nicely written plenty of room for another chapter or two wouldn't you think

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Biker babe?

The class and life-style antagonisms, exacerbated by snobbery, make for a strong drama, but the reconciliation at the end seems pretty nominal -- I saw nothing of that end-state biker broad even in her earlier efforts at reconciliation. Hold in mind that a stable marriage requires two-way presentation of what people are, the desirable elements of each, not play acting what the other one wants. I preferred the Sue who worked out the bike-trade deal to the Sue with boobs and a supposed tattoo.

But until then this story raised and dramatized with care some important usses. Good going, man!

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
I don't buy her "conversion". At least not to the extent of dressing like a slut. Her pride was to much to allow that.

Since there was no evidence that she was a cheater I can buy the reconciliation, but I'd sure have her on a very short leash for a LONG time. And her Father would be out of their lives.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Thanks for a real good story, Slirpuff!!

Thanks for a real good story, Slirpuff!! I'm glad they stayed together. If she would have cheated then not so much. This was enjoyable. It had a good plot and captured some real life issues. You handled it all well. It's about time for another story with your name on it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
One of your best one

I also don't buy her conversion. But it's a good ending anyway

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
What as ass!

Everything in the story indicates that he certainly is low class trailer trash. You don't hit people over coments. That is assult and he should have been arrested. On that basis I gave it a 3 instead of a 5.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

Excellent story and 5 stars. Matt Moreau has a similar excellent story: "Ego".

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Great story!

Slirpuff seems to be a Harley afcionado. They've shown up in several stories now. Not quite as often as the Mustangs in StangStar06's stuff. (He incidentally is also an excellent author in this genre)

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
High Five on the Story

Outstanding story. As it is, I've read many of your stories and enjoyed most of them, but this one is above par.

JLRemora

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE PRINCESS AND THE ARTIST

a match made of/for love. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story Slirpuff!

But the comments make me wonder, will DWornock ever get laid?

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Good story. Nice work! ^__^

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Still one of the best

Keep coming back to this story like a moth to a flame!

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Good Job, Slirpuff

Great characters, great story concept, nice flow. It just needed a little editing help. Overall a very enjoyable read!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 THIS IS A RE-READABLE STORY

Slirpuff did an excellent writing job of portraying different worlds and tying them together. TK U MLJ LV NV

TreyboTreyboover 12 years ago

About time! No cheating, just a stupid woman who almost lost the greatest thing besides her kids.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
Thankyou

Another great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

with all due respect, he's better to have an 'ex' in sue, for the ending.

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
What a surprise !!

Makes a change to see a couple heading for a divorce - pull their heads outta their asses - and make it work !

Good job, Author.

Thanks for a Story worth the read - well done.

rixelsrixelsabout 12 years ago
One of the best!

I just got through reading this tale for the third time. Smart and fun. Looking at the title I couldn't remember the story. When I started reading I remembered, but I just had to keep reading it again. Thank you Slirpuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
what a great story/one of thee best ever

you really made this one work and a great ending.thank you.

sengimaxsengimaxalmost 12 years ago
Great Story One Of The Best

Like one of the other commenter's i have read this story more than once, and enjoy it every time. I think that this is probably one of the best stories in the L W's category.

If it is possible to write a similar story it would be more than welcome!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I am becoming a huge fan. I absolutely love the fact that there is no cheating in this story. A truly authentic tale that I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for taking the time to explore the many intricacies that make up a marriage, and the struggle to keep it strong. Amazing.

MortonGrangeMortonGrangeover 11 years ago
The Henry James of Loving Wives

Not only is Slirpuff a writer who impoves, he does something few other writers have the confidence to do: he builds his story from character rather than impausible plot inventions. In my book this makes him the Henry James of Loving Wives. A typical Slirpuff story is built out of an argument between husband and wife and follows it to a logical conclusion. What could be more true to life? And I can't think of any higher praise.

searching0240searching0240over 11 years ago
Need a Truly Repentant Loving Wife

Why are all of your "loving wives" such horrible human beings? No matter what they do, everybody in the story (including the wife) seems to believe the husband should just "suck it up", forgive, and start the relationship over as though nothing happened. When the husband is disrespected by his wife, he is accused of "over reacting". Even if she admits she screwed him, the attitude seems to be "that she suffered so much, that he should just forgive her, and get over his bruised ego".

Don't you just wish the criminal justice system worked like that. After being convicted of rape and murder, the criminal would apologize. During the penalty phase, the judge would just forgive him or her, because he or she has already suffered so much.

I love a reconciliation story. But the wife needs to at least "pretend" to understand what she's done, and to be willing to make amends to the husband. Other than that, one should assume that wife has not learned her lesson, and is likely to transgress again.

The wives seem to be without redeeming characteristics!

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Laughed my ass off!

Nice play with a cast of alpha personalities.

Sweet!

Thx. :)

maninconnmaninconnover 11 years ago
Loved the ending

After insisting on him living up to her expectations, image and all, for all those years, she gave him the expectations, image and all, that he had of her in the end. A real give and take by a loving wife. I'd love to read a spin off story of what happened with her parents once her mother stood up to her and her father while defending her husband. Go Mom in Law!

WillyVVWillyVVover 11 years ago

These weren't thirty-four A cup breasts, more like thirty-eight double D's.

Band size vs cup size

Band size would not have changed

34DD wouild be spectacular

Google Simona Halep 34DD

... b

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Collaboration!

You gotta love it! They worked together to create a relationship which allowed each to feel loved and respected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Is the line quoted "love you till the end of time". Unfortunately the song goes

I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave

That I would love you to the end of time

I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time

To hurry up and arrive

'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you

I don't think that I can really survive

I'll never break my promise or forget my vow

But God only knows what I can do right now

I'm praying for the end of time

It's all that I can do

Praying for the end of time,

So I can end my time with you!!

So not really a good quote for a long lasting relationship

Loved the story thou :-)

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 11 years ago
An actual

Story about a wife who loves her husband and vice versa. 5 stars.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 11 years ago
Excellent story!

Five stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great

and nobody had to die. 5*'s

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 11 years ago
Cute and original

What's not to like? 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good!

Great story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great

A great story from my favorite author who knows proper English grammar, and more importantly, and how to tell a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very, very good.

A damn good story. Done right, it would make a good big screen comedy. Well done, Sir. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good job Slir

I'm an old man. I was in the Air Force in Florida in the 1960's and would go to the drags on Sundays. Those days it was Big Daddy and hall of fame names and I took a young woman I had met. At first she didn't get it but the noise and the heat and the excitement got through to her. First it was hot sex but now it's been 50 years and I still think of where we started and where we are. There is a lot of life in your story. Well Done.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
I don't know how I've missed this

That was a fucking great story!!! I was overjoyed to see first him, then his ma in law put the pampas fuck father in his place.

dapidapiabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable

Good story! Need more like this,

xtremeddxtremeddabout 10 years ago
Still a "Classic Story"...

A win, win for Slirpuff fans.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

DD

MeltnmoldMeltnmoldabout 10 years ago

A great story and a great job in telling the story.......

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Sue's attitude toward Steve is incomprehensible

Of all people, a woman trying to advance in a career should know better than to undervalue a spouse who's willing to step back from his career or business and take on the home and family duty to help advance hers. She really had her head crammed up her ass.

curioussscuriousssabout 10 years ago
Read it for the 3rd time...

...and it's still one of my favorites on this or any other site.

You showed 2 people who loved each other but the marriage was imbalanced.

Gradually they evolved through a painful period to a happier place and learned a few important lessons along the way.

I can agree with an earlier observation by Harry that she should have been given more feedback from the company about the 'fight' at the dinner, instead of this knowledge coming from the Senior Partner who was supportive.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Partners

I agree with the comments about the partners.

If, as the partner said at the Atlanta show that it was the asshole and not Steve who embarrassed the firm, why couldn't they have told Sue that. And wouldn't the concern about burnout be better coming from the partners than from Steve?

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 10 years ago
Enjoyed every minute...

...you did a fantastic job here; I got lost within that story. Thank you for giving this pleasure. 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous