All Comments on 'Tuff as Nails'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 351 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nothing at all interesting here.

The absolute worst story you've ever written. I'm usually a fan, but this was crapola. You should lose the slang. You don't know how to use it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ignore the haters

You write a good story with well rounded characters, and you move the story from start to finish.

Thank you.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 6 years ago
Five stars

I was a child that grew up with an incestuous situation with my aunt. The protection bit was correct. She just couldn't tell him because she felt it was her fault. You can't blame the child for being unable to refuse the parent unless they have someone they can trust to protect them. Thankfully her father died and she was able to reconnect with her true love.

Normally I am against reconciliation for most situations. This one made sense to me. Thanks for another one of your excellent tales.

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanabout 6 years ago
Good one Skippy!!!

I know you say you only these for your own enjoyment, but thanks for letting me enjoy this one too!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Didn't I read this story before?

The dirt poor kid, the spoiled rich girl, the pregnancy with the up front money plus the bonus for every year of marriage? Etc etc etc.

if you are plagiarizing yourself please let us know early

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Enjoy your work

This was one of the better ones. Thanks!

Animefan2929Animefan2929about 6 years ago
5**

Really enjoyed this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Job done & done well.

Usually, I lean toward the BTBs becuase they seem easier to justify while a RAAC always seeme to be cost free and nothing in life ever is. This was neither a BTB nor a RAAC. I can get behind that. It was more a case of an external impediment removed. At first I thought the main character was a bit of an arsehole but he grew on me and as he grew, he mellowed as most people eventually do. Even Britney grew up somewhat and realised her failings but I think it was the sexually abusive old fucker and to some degree the wife, Cheryl who deserve the blame here (there's no way she didn't know what was happening). Not sure if it was implied to have been consensual or not but I expected anyone would have needed a significant degree of counciling to otherwise put it behind them. So okay, you skipped all that. I can still appeciate this reconciliation just fine just for two basic reasons that don't always feature in typical LW. First the wronged man was not also shown disrespect or held in contempt by a weak wife who was actually genuine in her remorse. And secondly the characters were well written with flaws and virtues. Except the old fucker. He was a rat bastard (but that made him a good villain).

JB44, this one was a winner. 5*

Thanks for a enjoyable read.

thefranzthefranzabout 6 years ago
Another Great Story

You, Sir, have a very distinguished style. The dialogue is crisp and your characters show their personalties well through it. It is fast-paced, laconic and an absolute pleasure to read. Thank you!

agrodavidagrodavidabout 6 years ago
Awesome

I'd love to write dialogue like this.

Well done sir.

HighpikeHighpikeabout 6 years ago
Simply awesome

Your character creation and development were second to none. Thank you so much for a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
As one of the BTB crowd

Usually I prefer a BTB - but your story, and all the character construction, was brilliant. 5*, please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

fantastic story was captivating all the way through

cordialddcordialddabout 6 years ago
I see every setting you use...

Your stories progress nicely because you use settings we're familiar with, allowing the reader to focus on the character interactions. Never been to Cajun country except in stories but you've given me plenty of coon-ass friends to enjoy. Looking forward to new ones soon...thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent Story

It’s about that someone wrote something other than the usual drivel that’s being dished up. Well done sir, please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing 5 stars:)

I thought your plot was grate. if anything, I found myself wanting more character development. Looking forward to reading more from you. Thanks again:)

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
I made it to page 4, so kudos for that

I might even finish it one day.

Matt does torture porn of the man.

Van does torture porn of the woman.

You seem to like Macho Porn. 'Shaft', the baddest mutherfucker ever...excuse me, Tuff.

Give Clive Cussler a call. He uses a lot of ghost writers. He might have work for you.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Had a couple of problems with this story

Tuff assaulted the coach? He’d have been kicked off the team, at least suspended, and probably expelled.

And the small town rich girl, totally hung up on the trailer park poor boy? I grew up poor, dirt poor for a lot of it, and the well-off girls don’t want anything to do with us poor boys, even if we are good on the football field.

In a small town, everybody in school would have known why the poor boy didn’t make it to prom or the homecoming dance; Tuff’s declaration that he wouldn’t attend would have been completely understood and accepted.

So, why did Tuff hate Britney in high school? She is described as pretty and rich, as being obvious in her attraction to him, and he didn’t know she was being molested by her father. I can understand not being attracted, but his hatred for her was not explained.

Overall a good story, but not as perfect as Tuff was portrayed as being. 4****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Eight pages of trailer trash

Headed by a guy named "Tuff." A lot of that type on this site, evidently.

kelchakelchaabout 6 years ago
Very Fine Story

Well worth the time to read this tale. As usual, love your characters. Have seen how incest can, in sense, enslave the victim. Sad and truly evil.

Please continue with the gray scenarios. Black and white is boring and predictable. Unforgiving tight assed moralists deserve to be alone and bitter. As if they really are perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great, except for one thing

I do not understand the reason for negative comments on this story, but maybe, some of them have serious mental problems. To those of you who do not see the excellent plot, the great story, please do not read any more of JimBob's stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Five Stars

I am envious. I wish I could write like this. But the inspiration required for me to write a story this hopeful would have to come from someone else's life. Thanks for the enjoyable free read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Appreciate the effort!

Another well conceived and written story by JimBob44. I sift through the tripe that is becoming the staple in this category. I routinely find myself disappointed. You and a dwindling collection of others make it worth the effort. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great strory.

As I get older, I guess I'm becoming a more forgiving person. Loved this story. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
PENANCE

Reading the posts of JimBob44 is the suffering I put myself through for the ratings I give other persons on this site.

Whipping my soul with eight painful pages.

I feel much better about being tougher on talented writers, lol.

By the way, JimBob44 you write for yourself but you post to make all of us suffer 🤔🤔. I like the idea, spread the pain.

AMerryman

Myhands316Myhands316about 6 years ago
Quit you're bitchin!

Here are few facts about incest, 1. 99% of incest cases are HIDDEN. 2. Shame is the biggest whip used to keep the victim in line. 3. Like all other patterns and addictions once it is set, it is very hard to break. In this story, she WAS trying to break the pattern by falling for the one and only MAN who could break it. The one man that didn't give a shit how powerful or rich or connected the abuser was. She wanted to get away. So, she was both trapped and trying to break free at the same time. Not that the protagonist didn't have a few issues himself, with low self esteem from being a victim of abuse of a different kind. So, you have two broken people trying to become whole again, and this story shows their battles to do that. It is never easy, never neat or clean. It is hard fought messy, fucked up, and very painful. Other than that, if you don't like it, then I challenge you do write something better! Or... just quit your bitchin!!!!

dinkymacdinkymacabout 6 years ago
Fantastic story!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1about 6 years ago
Bravo, that was a masterpiece!!!

First time after reading for years stories at that site I give 5* for a well written story! All the essential parameter are satisfied!! Uncertainty, rage, reluctance,hate, adoration right up to real love all that touched my feelings! Thanks for sharing!!!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
Great stuff

A little over the top on how he could im9rove pump performance. 5 percent would be massive improvement, but decreasing size 80 percent amd imcreasing flow for same price would be impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Redemption

I almost stopped halfway to comment on how truly an unsympathetic character you had created in "Tuff". Then the story turned and you presented a more human side of him. Thank you for redeeming him and the rest of your characters.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerabout 6 years ago
Don't Comment Often... but

After reading the negative comment by Anonymous "AMerryman", I figured since he/she was so well versed in critiquing literary works, that I would sample their writings. What a surprise! NONE! Well go figure. I appreciate the thought and effort this author put in on the story.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 6 years ago
As an engineer myself

His amazing engineering abilities were so unlikely that it put me off. Also afraid I didn't understand a word of the plays in the football match. My problem though, so I gave you a good score anyway.

SkibumSkibumabout 6 years ago
Good job

One of your best. Thank you.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
My word, that is a tale well told JimBob

Grabbed me and didnt let me loose until late for work today. Great characterizations, dialogue, story. 5*. You are reaching Hall of Fame status as you continue to populate your library in Literotica.

texaschucktexaschuckabout 6 years ago

Just proves that forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts that man has.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it but what happened to the girls from the trailer park?

Did I miss something. Great read. thanks

Dc5655Dc5655about 6 years ago
Wonderful story

I agree what happened to the trailer park girls? I found your story to be pleasant read and welcome distraction. Will you add more chapters to this story?

RTR10RTR10about 6 years ago
Girls from the trailer park......

The day of Tuff’s wedding, as he was getting into the limousine in his tux, Melissa Bergeron, the girl in the trailer next door, stepped outside of her mom’s trailer & she had a baby in her arms (she was 19 then). Not sure about the other two girls (her friends). I think that’s all that was said about her.

Great story by the way!!!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 6 years ago
Interesting tale.

So much antagonism, so much anger.

I like the conclusion, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good tale...but

It was a great story... but it was hard to get to the middle of page 4. It is hard to read a story when you hate all of the characters. I mean, even in "Inside the Third Reich" there were more likeable characters than in the first 3 pages of "Tuff as Nails"... but in the end humanity started to show through and by the conclusion and it was a very good tale.

frazodfrazodabout 6 years ago
Trailer Park Girls

Yes, I would have thought with all the money he was throwing around (or even the $1 million first given), he would have helped the trailer park girls. He could easily have found them jobs in the new cafeteria, or even the daycare.

I don't think it shows him in a very good light.

Very good story overall...Thanks for writing.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 6 years ago
a picky observation

"Aw, don't you do it, Britney Theresa Kendricks Richards, don't you dare," Tuff warned as Britney waddled over to the dis jockey.

It's "Disk Jockey". A cross term from horse racing to music. A man who plays Disks of plastic on a phonograph, for broadcast on radio. A rider of disks, a player of music.

killerwhale681killerwhale681about 6 years ago
Some folks need to read the other stories.....

"Ice Heart" and "Breaking the Family" set the stage for this tale. The trailer park girls might show up in a spin off. Lots of stories in that neck of the woods. As for social justice.....well, it ran into a crazed meth head in a dark alley......and died on its knees.

I reckon I've known folks like his characters. Shady, on the edge of various types of violent drug influenced behavior. You know.....the folks who know how to clean up blood😸. I used to work around those kind of folks a long time ago.

JimBob seems to take his character cues from folks he has known. Tuff didn't turn out nearly as violent as I figured. Good read, but parts weren't pleasant.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
A SOLID 5!

This story richly deserves the 5 stars I gave it. It has it all—almost. You didn’t catch a lot of flak on this one, but there were few dis-satisfied customers. Be sure to refund their money.

I like the way Tuff and Britney grew as the story progressed; I was just reading about how a good story should always include that. Your major characters were 3-D with adequate supporting characters possessing various degrees of flatness thereby creating a realistic fictional story—one that we could relate to.

It’s legitimate for one to say, “I didn’t like this story,” but those who say this wasn’t a good story are just showing their ignorance of creative writing.

WELL DONE!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Movie script

I liked it gave it a 3 but would have liked a more fleshed female lead. Could be a tv screen play.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS

collide once more in this world we call life, TK U MLJ LV NV

ribnitinribnitinabout 6 years ago
Editor's note

Well written, well thought out story. But the editor's note at the beginning gave it away. As soon as she was pregnant I knew who the father was. The story stands well enough on its own, doesn't need such notes.

Keep up the good work.

boatbummboatbummabout 6 years ago
The Only Missing Pieces....

Were some serious consequences for Marie, the child abusing crazy religious zealot mother who beat and whipped her only child unmercifully for X years -- probably until he was old enough to restrain her and physically prevent her from doing it any longer.

Here's hoping that Britney is able someday to kiss all of Tuff's scars and help reduce his pain.

Thanks very much for this one JB, going to drop it into my Favorites!

wonder203wonder203about 6 years ago
5*

Really liked this story. Well written and a nice flow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
On the first page, the QB ran for 24 yards.

There was also a defensive holding penalty. I think the coach would have the option of accepting the results of the play, or accepting the penalty, which would have left the team short of a first down. You don't add a defensive holding penalty to the play. It has to be one or the other. In this case, the coach trying to throw the game could select the penalty and be forced to punt, but that would make his intentions to throw the game quite obvious.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 6 years ago
Nice but a little odd

Good story. It was a little odd the mother knew about the continuing incest but did nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Normally

Normally don't like reconciliation stories, but this one was done very well. Couldn't help myself from liking it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
*5 +

Thank you for a very entertaining story. You bring your characters to life with your writing and your imagination is outstanding.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 6 years ago
Tuff is way too tough

on people who were not privileged as he was to be poor and honest and hard-working the old fashioned moneyless way. His direct youthful integrity did not survive fatherhood, maturity, responsibility for others, etc. , and I never did see what superior virtues replaced it. Even so, an ambitious story that came off, more or less, and intricate in its implications and relationships in a number of ways. So of course, five *****.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
As usual...really enjoyed it!

Keep 'em coming!

Danger09Danger09about 6 years ago
I hated the mom cheryl

She knew her disgusting asshole douche bag pig husband was fucking their biological daughter and she did NOTHING‼️ What type of mother is that? What type of woman is that? I think the wife is still gross, that was her father and she was a grown ass woman. I could understand if she was a child but she's not....She could've easily turn the pervert into the police and been rid of him, she could've moved away and never contact her rapist father and disgusting excuse for a mother, she could've put a bullet between both their eyes. Shit I would've done all of that plus more. She didn't do any of the these things. She was still in fact fucking him right up to the time he died. She's fucking disgusting.. I think this dirty slut just liked daddies dick and didn't want to get off of it. This story was gross, as I don't do incest🙅🏼...Despite me not loving this story--- It is STILL better than the garbage that's been on literotica lately.. Probably won't be doing a second read though.

chiefcj46chiefcj46about 6 years ago
Yeah....

I applaud you. Your characterization of a TUFF man was done with so much of the humor and pride of the Cajun people I have known and is really refreshing a read. I laughed so hard I almost cried. I also, being a BTB type person, still don't mind reading such a well written story of reconciliation. A wonderful love story. A 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Outdid yourself with this one, well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Absolutely brilliant, sha

I also am normally of the BTB crowd. Just can't understand RAAC. But this was not RAAC. There are times for reconciliation. As for why didn't Britney leave, you dickwads ever heard of battered woman syndrome? She felt stuck. I don't get it, but it is a fact. I live in west Tx now, but spent early years in Acadiana. JB44's lingo is correct. We talk like that. If you others don't like, don't read the fucking story, sha. And yeah, he was trailer park raised. Spent some time in one myself. But he, and I, didn't stay there. You critics sound like Britney, before her change, and her dad. It's not where you come from, it's your character. Actually, to be fair, most comments here were favorable. And you are allowed to critique, but you should be constructive, not a dipshit. This author writes awesome stories in a dialect many of us grew up on, with characters working people can identify with. He has written a ton of great ones, yeah. And this may be his best of all. So you got helpful critique, cool. If you just bitching, fuck off, ya hear? JB44, once again a big 5. Aiee!

TimTam

green117green117about 6 years ago
I am amazed

Really good story... and even for the stuff I didn't like at first glance, I can see the point...

Yes, the incest thing was telegraphed by the note - but I know that there are incest survivors out there in-real-life who need the warning... and the treatment of it was remarkably sensitive... the hero's response to knowing she didn't get away until the end wasn't offensive to me. And, there was that rather providential typo trying to keep the other lover "none"...

Yes, the hero was more or less purer than the driven snow... except of course that he also profited from her submissive training. Sodomizing zaftig blonds isn't my thing, but I can see it in this story as a bit of a take off on being "tuff".

Mostly I like it for the out of left field slam on the whole BTB thing... "You were supposed to protect me!"... indeed. What is a guy's role, if not to protect? Certainly not to set everything on fire 'cause of butt hurt...

Anyway, it comes when I have been thinking about heroism, and gender roles, and why male heroes seem easy to do but female heroes do not.

Thanks for the story.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lol

Great job at weaving together deadpan dialog with one-liner, "rimshot" jokes. A genuine Horatio Alger story in which the plucky get lucky.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5-Stars OLD_CROW

JimBob44,

Thank you for sharing. After I came across one of your “New Stories” I enjoyed it so much I went back and read all the rest you had posted to date. Since then I look forward to each new one you create. I can’t remember how I voted them all, but if not all received 5 stars the vast majority did. Please keep writing!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 6 years ago
Great Read

Thank you, Jim Bob.

Full House (5*)

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 6 years ago
another great story 5*

truly great read, colourful characters and interesting storyline and 8 pages all for free.

fucking brilliant, thankyou.

Pelican44Pelican44about 6 years ago
Great Story

As always enjoyed your work. Great read. Thanks

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 6 years ago

1* cuck shit.... ha ha, just trying to see if my IQ would dramatically drop espousing what too many Anonymous reviewers write far too often. Actually, this is a 5* great story, best I've read in quite a long time. Please keep up the fantastic work!

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopabout 6 years ago
Wonderful story

Very nice, enjoyable read. Good job. Xoxoxoxoxo Annette

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Too disturbing

The fairly nonchalant attitude Cheryl, Britney and even Tuff had about Harry fucking,(more than likely raping) his own daughter for who knows how long was too disturbing for me to enjoy this story at all.

Britney could be considered a casualty of her father's terrible abuse and her mother's evil passiveness regarding it.

Tuff was definitely in a tough position but should have put a stop to Harry when he found out what a monster he was.

Tuff definitely should have destroyed all vestiges of the slimy piece of shit after he died fucking his own daughter.

Pretty fucking sick.

Still get entertained by your writing but this shit was too disgusting to be treated quite as lightly as it was.

I'm glad Britney had her happy ending but she needed serious therapy for fucks sake!

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Well Written and Fascinating Story

In todays world this is a highly criminal tale. The interest of Britney in Ezequiel is a very surprising relationship. She was truly patient until she got him on a hook.

One thing is that Tuff gave up his resistence fairly easily.

edwusaedwusaabout 6 years ago
The Problem is Britney

I get that she's pretty, and that she, like Tuff is a victim, but, boy, beyond being pretty, what the hell does she have going for her? Nada. She's fucking her father while pursuing Tuff, and trying to corner him into marrying her? No. Can't see why Tuff likes her anyway. OK she's being abused by her father, I get it. That's not a reason to marry someone. She's not smart, not strong, and certainly not Tuff. Beyond that, the words flow nicely, and the story is an entertaining read. But Britney's weakness and lack of intelligence are a deal killer. No need to refund the money -- I will consider it a down payment on the next read. which I am sure will be better. ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
credibility

As most of your other reviewers, I enjoyed the story. However, (isn't there always a however or a but . . .) . having the hero walk 48 miles in one day (24 there and 24 back) does strain the imagination. Roman legionnaires did march 30 to 40 miles in extreme conditions. Currently, the infantry are expected to march 20 miles a day and 30 on a force march at a rate of 2.5 mph. 48 miles was what a cavalry man was suppose to do when things were serious.

I am commenting as "anonymous" only because I usually don't comment on stories since the talents of the poorest author are greater than mine !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
BEST

The best thing you've written. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks and keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of your best!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, could not put it down. Deserved everyone of the 5*'s that I gave it!

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 6 years ago
Very

Entertaining. I really liked your characters. This could easily be the beginning of a novel...one of your best. 5* easily!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Strange stream of consciousness

It kind of makes sense once you get to the end, but as others have pointed out, why didn't Cheryl put a stop to the abuse? Entertaining story, though (mostly).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best...

...story I've read in such a long time. I hope you keep coming with more like this one, Bob. 5++

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

I really enjoy stories like this Bob. You will get some assholes who will try and find something wrong. But this is a real 5 star effort and thank you for sharing with us

Quack77Quack77about 6 years ago

I enjoyed this man.....Thank You

Rw43Rw43about 6 years ago
We are all happier when we have someone to love and live for.

Some of us choose to nurse our past pain instead.

Glad that you had both young people learning to love, that Mom Cheryl was an intuitively sweet person, and the only monster died young (well, Mom Marie could be dealt with pretty easily.)

As flawed as she was, Britney's devotion and his own compassion finally broke Tuff down. But i wonder how different the story would have been if Tuff weren't a genius?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Mixed feelings

Firstly kudos to the author for an entertaining, well put together story.

The main limitation was that the characters were too obvious. Tuff himself was an unbelievable combination of Jack Reacher, Steve Jobs, Mother Theresa and Rocky Balboa.

Anyway, thanks for making the effort.

jaybird8100jaybird8100about 6 years ago
Perfect story and a great read

Just like one of those best selling books that you can't put down and hope it lasts forever. JimBob44 is a master at his craft, looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you

I appreciate your talent. Thanks. jr

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story best of this day

Tuff was tough, but the baby got him to be human.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 6 years ago
*****

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

🤫

OnethirdOnethirdabout 6 years ago
Poor beginnings

Nice happy ending story. Once the girl learned to not whine and demand, she finally got what she wanted. I felt sorry for the poor trailer mom and kid- was kind of hoping he’d help those poor kids out, once he’d pulled himself up by his bootstraps. Now, you really can’t shrink a pump down to a fraction of its size and get many times more throughput, but this is fiction, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A good effort. But until you put reality and consistency ahead of plot and agenda, your stories will always be awkward, and lacking.

So you introduce us to this incredible, ethical, courageous hero, who exhibits charm, wit, compassion, and empathy. And he's really really intelligent. But then we see him carelessly fucking this beautiful drunk woman, with no protection, and zero regard for her as a woman and a person. Then through the rest of the story his personality flip flops from kind to cruel, intelligent to stupid, caring to thoughtless, sometimes from one sentence to the next! It didn't make sense, other than the obvious need to feed the plot and fit the current scene in the story. Lame, and awkward.

There's also the unaddressed reality that if Harry had not died, Britney would still be fucking him. She must have been fucking him before and after she married Tuff. So, obviously Tuff did not succumb or become mentally dysfunctional despite the abuse from his mother. But he appears to give Britney an instant pass for being her father's helpless blameless fuck toy. Hell, he doesn't even try to determine if it was rape, physical coercion, or if Britney just really enjoyed fucking her Daddy. And Tuff has to know that if Harry had not of died, he and Britney would still be estranged, and she would be getting ready to get pregnant a second time from her Daddy. But he takes Britney back pretty much without discussion, counseling, or doubts about her faithfulness. If she was Daddy's sex slave, and loved it, why might she not give herself to some other dominant father figure she may meet in the future? The genius Tuff now looks like a dumb ass.

So it was very disappointing mainly because it could have been so much better, a classic. Thanks for the effort.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 6 years ago
Loved it!!

Loved it!! They both grew up.

The only thing left unsaid was why Tuff resisted Britney so strongly. Was it how she just demanded he date her without his input?

Didn't 'Just Plain Bob" have a story similar to this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great understanding

Of growing up hard and believing one must fight for everything, that the world is a hard dangerous place, like my Dad and many men I know who were born in Depression, especially if they had no father. I am now 67 and have never met anyone tougher than my Father unless it was my grandmother, yet they both instilled great loyalty in those around them. Thank you for this snapshot of those hardened survivors who could also be soft on inside.

realisticendingsrealisticendingsabout 6 years ago
Victim(s)

Tuff went from being victimized by his mother to being a victim of his wife and mother in law. From a financial aspect that was a good move for him but as the author did not write his character as being money hungry then he comes off as a victim. His mother in law was even aware that her husband was fucking his daughter. If the old man hadn't died and if Tuff had never left; his wife would still be having children by her father.

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
Entertaining, but

I wish Tuff had stayed true to character. The boy who called his own plays over the objections of the coach, who walked 24 miles for shoes, who had personal goals. Not the fellow in the CEO office.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Damn man...

JimBob44 knocks another one out of the park. Simply brilliant. Seriously, I am impressed every time he post a story. A true artist who brings to life the characters he creates with his writing. Keep on trucking JimBob44. *****

GrindleGrindleabout 6 years ago
Interesting read.

Very interesting and entertaining read. Keep up the good work!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Anony: "On the first page, the QB ran for 24 yards."

The defensive holding call would have been declined, as the yardage gained would be greater, but defensive holding is five yards and an automatic first down.

AethurAethurabout 6 years ago
Alpha and Beta

I enjoyed this story as a story, but I loathe all of the main characters. None of them have redeeming qualities to make them good. And Tuff just doesn't seem to work as a character.

I gave this 5 stars, because I rate based on the quality of the story, how much I enjoyed/hated it, or whatever relevant category applies. As I stated, I hate the characters. Tuff was the perpetual victim. He was portrayed as a bad ass, and took no shit from a lot of people. But then we learn he did take a lot of shit, and continued to take shit (his mom and his FIL). This man would intentionally piss off a billionaire, risking great bodily harm, but would allow his mom to abuse him, and he continued to support her crazy ass. He knew his wife lied to him and cheated, but he still didn't pursue a divorce.

You can sum up the wife here: "She had none other lover in her life. A lover whose power and authority had driven her wild with lust, wild with pleasure. And even he couldn't pleasure her like Tuff was doing." She was clearly talking about her father. Yet at the end, when she finally breaks down to Tuff about it, she puts the blame on him: "God damn it, I never could, I never, I didn't have the strength to tell him no," Britney screamed as she stood at the inner door of his office. "You! You were supposed to protect me, Tuff. You were supposed to help me say no." She didn't have the strength to say no, because she loved being submissive to him. She said she loved Tuff even though she never knew him. She just seems to be a real sub.

The wife didn't show any remorse about her actions until well after the separation. And even then, it didn't feel wholly real. She cried on how Tuff was supposed to protect her, but like he said, he had no indication that anything was going on.

The MIL seemed nice enough. An argument can be made that she was good, since Cheryl thought the affair was over. She was in a difficult place. But she allowed the affair to continue after she knew about it.

That shit at the end where he claimed Britney was just stupid. But I guess it would have meaning to someone like Tuff, both Alpha and Beta. I think Tuff really needed to fuck Cheryl. I think that would have equalized things more, and made me enjoy those characters more.

-----

After writing all that, I actually want to change my rating to 4 stars. After analyzing the wife more, I really, really loathe the character.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
You foxed me out

Okay, you got me. Two books in one tale. I disliked your Tuff in the first part. What an asshole. Don’t give me that “poor boy” crap. Been there and done that! 2nd part he woke up and started to appreciate what he had. All is well that ends well so I ended up liking your story and it characters. Poor Mamma Marie sure needs a Shrink. 😋

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome

I loved this story. Thanks .

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
So many thoughts about "Tuff as Nails"...

Honestly, a lot of things are rambling around, in my mind, about this story. 'Can't really write them all down in one simple, well-thought-out post, so, if you allow me the following long-ass ranting about this whole thing... apology if you don't:

• To begin with, lots of things in this story were left unexplained, but none of them were more bizarre than Tuff's seemingly baseless hatred towards Britney. Yes, yes - Brit was a spoiled, entitled brat, I get that. But, as bad as she SEEMED to be, JimBob never wrote her as a genuine bad person - sure, she demanded that Tuff take her out, and got pissed when he did... but that's as bad as it got. You never see her treat anyone badly ('cept for Robert...), you never see her look down on anyone - hell, she's even friendly with the biggest nerd in her school, even though the girl in question, Deborah, isn't describe as someone who usually hang up with the most popular girl in her age group. I mean, when you really think about it, Britney isn't even a slut! As far as we can tell, the only men, other than Tuff, that fucked her was Robert and Harry - that's not what you would call a wild and crazy girl, even if you add the incest issue. Yet it's quite clear, for most of the start of this tale, that Ezekiel straight-up HATE the poor bitch. Just look back at the wedding night incident - him calling her a cunt, blaming her for forcing him to marry her (when he wasn't - he could have just walk away, as he wanted, without getting any of Harry's money)... all because she tried to commiserate with him over his shitty childhood. Geezus - how the fuck can any truly self-righteous man justify using such a loaded word towards a chick, simply because she's dared trying to be nice to him? So yeah - 'gotta be some reasons for Richards to treat her so badly... but never came out, did it?

• Midway through this story, I thought I had an epiphany: I was certain that Tuff's hatred towards the Kendricks - Britney and, in particular, Harry - was because he knew the old man to be his biological father. Such a twist would not only explain JimBob's initial warning about the incest theme of this tale, but it would also explained his main character's severe dislike of Old Man Kendricks (he abandoned his son to be raised by a mad-woman, without ever acknowledging his existence) and his issues with Brit (he didn't like her in the first place, but knowing she's was his half-sister made the idea of dating her quite disgusting to him... at first.) Between you and me, this still makes way more sense than what we ended up getting... but hey, this ain't my story.

• Sigh... time to dive into the heart of this problematic story: the very fragile mental state of those Kendricks women. Let's make this very clear, right out of the gate: Harry Kendricks is a fucking monster that should be burning in hell after he died, if there's such thing as perdition and there's truly is a righteous God out there. The power that fucker had over the women in his life is something else... not unheard of, though - abusers are usually born manipulators that could convince Alaskans they're actually living in the tropics, and Harry sure sounds like one of those shitheads. But it also sounds like his manipulations and perverse tendencies were made this much more easier by the fact there was no one was strong enough around him to truly challenge him and force him to stop acting on them. A lot of commenters skewed Cheryl for not protecting her daughter from her husband, and that's a justifiable reaction... but isn't it very obvious that this woman doesn't have the tools in her to stand up against a man like Harry? Her reaction to learning that he was Cheryl Marie's real father speaks volume - she's angry, since he hasn't kept his promise and kept on assaulting their daughter (yes, it is a sexual assault; more on that later...), even ending up impregnating her... but what did she do about it? Nothing. She showed complete powerlessness over the situation, except for compensating Tuff for wasting his time on his fraudulent marriage. I bet it never damned on her she could actually do something, ANYTHING, to really hurt Harry (leaving him? Please - that never even entered her mind.) She probably wanted to find a way to protect Britney, but she simply did not have the fortitude to do anything about it. Her dependency to Harry seemed to be so great, she genuinely was in mourning when he passed away, which is saying something. Same goes for Britney - actually, it seems even worse for her: if he mother mostly couldn't stand up to her husband, she was essentially a sex puppet for him. According to the author, she definitely got her pleasures out of their affair, but, once again, she sure made it sounds like that, given a chance, she wouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place. Since she must have grown up, witnessing her sole female role model not being able to say no to Harry, she never learn to do so herself... which was perfect for the scumbag. Strangely, though, this family secret never seemed to have affected in the least those two women's relationship - Cheryl and Britney obviously love each other thoroughly, the former never resenting her daughter for being so willing to sleep with her husband, and the latter never being angry with her mother for never protecting her from her predator... it's as if Harry's behavior was something for them that couldn't not be avoided, that they had to manage to get through together, then moved pass as if it wasn't at all important. Nope- that's not something you usually see, in those kinds of situations.

• Which is why the introduction of Tuff into their family dynamic was so goddamn important - finally there's a man, in fact a genuine superman, in their life who has no fear their oppressor and can protect Britney from him. It sounds all good... unless, of course, Brit was still fucking daddy while living with Tuff - not unlikely, even though it sure sounds like her sexual needs were more than sated by her man, plus it's very unlikely Harry would risked getting his ass majorly kicked by cuckolding him. Makes you wonder, then, why on Earth the rich man went out of his way to keep the kid around - Tuff is, in every way, his superior, and obviously look upon him with complete disdain, plus both of his women look at him as a god, and can grow a backbone when he's around... Why would he want him in his life? It had been said before that Robert was a more suitable husband for his daughter, and it's hard to disagree with that assessment - with that slimeball around, he could have easily kept on fucking Britney at his heart's content. Yeah, if he really cared about Britney's happiness, Richards was the man he would want for her... but, then again, if he did, he wouldn't be banging her, wouldn't it?

• I called Tuff a superman... and, frankly, that's an understatement, 'cause that's really how the author wrote him: superhuman strength, agility, and reflex; genius-level intelligence; imperviousness to pain (from my own personal recollection, there's nothing to be really proud of, if you're not crying from getting wipe by a electric cord...'probably made Psycho Marie beat him up even harder); self-righteous to the tenth degree (makes Eliot Ness looks crooked); so in control of his teenage hormones that he can rebuff the advance of the hotter girl in his school without thinking twice about it, without even being gay; combat ready to take out the toughest opponent, even trained bodyguards, even though he has no training whatsoever; has a genuine sixth sense, that helps him measure help people pretty damn accurate, especially when they're bullshitting him or eve when they don't (which told him all along that Cheryl Marie wasn't his daughter); and, of course, always fucks like a coked-up pornstar who didn't get any for a very long time...

Yep - 'seen DC characters with way less powers than this mofo!

• One commenter pointed out that everyone in Baylor Lake should know about Tuff's financial situation, and therefore shouldn't expect him to show up at any social event where he would have to spend money. True that, which makes the fact Britney didn't do anything about it quite strange. Again, I understand how stuck-up she was, as a kid, but expecting him to escort her to a dance when he had no money... talk about disconnected. If she was so into this guy, as she clearly seemed to be, you would have thought she would have tried to learn as much as she could to try to seduce him, even buying him the suit he clearly didn't know to make him attend those dances she really wanted him to show up to. 'Wouldn't have hurt her bank account at all, and she would have her prey exactly where she wanted him: with her, on the dance floor. Her lack of foresight is quite baffling...

• Speaking of dancing... 'Nights In White Satin' is a shitty-ass song to dance to. You can chill to it, but dancing? Just awful.

• Even though I don't doubt for a second that Britney genuinely loves beyond any hope the crap out of Tuff... their relationship isn't likely to last. We're talking here about two incredibly scared young adults with issues a psychiatrist could write a complete thesis about. Hard to see how they could managed to keep on living and working continuously together without their huge baggages ultimately driving them apart. Hopefully Pack recommended a good conciliator/psychologist to speak to, 'cause, unless they're willing to seriously face their demons... fucking doomed. I mean, you all noticed that Tuff NEVER told Britney that he loves her, right? Even after they got back together... I mean, if this isn't a recipe for disaster, especially with kids around...

'Thought I had even more to say, but I guess it escaped me... thank God. In any case, I like this story very much, but, since I came away from it not knowing much about any of its main characters or understanding most of their actions, I can't give it more than a 4*. JimBob can write, even when he goes out of his way to make it as difficult a read as possible (really went all out here!); just wish he spent more time defining his characters as he spent describing their sex scenes.

Still very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
positive

Probably one of the best "JimBob469" stories posted here. Although it is difficult for us having never heard live Cajun talk, it can be entertaining trying to decipher what is actually being said (supposedly it is that way hearing it "live" as well - grin)

I still don't understand where he developed the animosity for the girl, or her father (other than the usual stigma of old money)

Smokepole

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 6 years ago
MightyHorny.

With one of the best comments I have seen, covered everything and was spot on.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 6 years ago
Tough dude

But human. Enjoyed the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5100 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories