All Comments on 'Two Lizards in the City of Glass'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
cpipcpipabout 20 years ago
Incredible.

Loved it. Powerful. Thoughtful. Philosophical as all hell about the whole of sexuality in these days.

banditmanbanditmanabout 20 years ago
there's Dr. M ...

... and then there's all the rest of us. absolutely terrific piece.

AriosoAriosoabout 20 years ago
A bleak landscape

Doc, you definitely have a rare talent, although in this piece it is more your humanity that comes through. Oracles are all-seeing...men are not.

In some ways, you have indeed rendered starkly transparent some of the emptiness and dysfunction of sexuality in our increasingly impersonal, consumerist world. But other things, dear M, are opaque. True, they have no place in this story...what goes on in the multitude of other apartments and offices in your city remains hidden. As a reader, I can only grasp them by imagining that Jade from the Conqueror Frog is out there, somewhere, living uptown. Or I can feel it in my own mind, where sometimes you reach very deeply and other times you don't.

But this is a brave piece. Erotica that confronts the profound sadness and loneliness that can be part of sexuality, that doesn't shy away from exposing how isolated people can be, even when they're fucking each other. In a genre that so often values instant gratification and smut that serves as nothing more than a vehicle for the mental orgasm, this is a bold (albeit sad) statement.

I admire you for "having the balls" to call it like you see it. With gentle respect, however, Doc -- you don't see everything. Not all the world is a glass stage.

"Lizards", huh? Hmmmm...

Cheers,

AriO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Knocked me on my ass!

Doctor: This is as powerful a piece I've read here, or for that matter, almost anywhere. I'm not an afficionado of the 'BDSM' genre and wouldn't normally have read this piece if it weren't for the profound remarks written by "Arioso." Doctor, thank you for an incredible tale. It seems ludicrous to see this posted among the many juvenile offerings disseminated here. And, "Arioso," thank you for bringing this story to my attention.

maggie2002maggie2002about 20 years ago
two lizards in the city of glass

Thought I left on comment on this before. Oh Well, gives me the chance to once again reread it. You are as ever cutting edge. I think that the man and the women are not new, origional or current cutting edge. I think it has ever been so in civilizations that are turning to pleasure of whatever kind they can find to kill the numbness of their days. You have taken us there, fit us into the landscape and let us feel the denial, the lust, the heat and the shame and the numbness. Great Job as ever.

Green_GemGreen_Gemabout 20 years ago
Original, exceptionally Vivid and unforgetable

This has to be the most original and thought provoking piece I've ever read on Literotica. Dr M has taken a very real slice of life in the fast lane, in the city of glass, and exposed it for what it is.

With the exceptional talent that he has, he has created something so vivid, so starkly real and psychologically complex that it leaves one feeling both the intense erotic excitement and the terrible shallowness of their lives.

A remarkable piece of erotic literature from the best writer on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Tarot and spanking, heaven no?

I was surprised to find this. Makes me happy that I post here too. I loved the tarot references, esspecially the specific deck he used. Nice!

shattered_lily

rgraham666rgraham666almost 19 years ago
God damn dr_m

You're good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
mmumm

yet again you have pulled me in to your world and pined me there uesing it all up and jsut liveing me tied in place i want so much more i am startign to get greedy and i cant help my self i would love to find more of your writeing

yours truly

little miss adyain

shaneeshaneealmost 15 years ago
Excellent - as always!

You are the master of your craft and the kind of sex and fucking many of us only dream about... another great one! Loved it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous