All Comments on 'Two Loves Pt. 04'

by Romantic1

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 12 years ago
Beautiful . . .

. . . just that one word - Beautiful! As an overwhelmed audience says at the end of a virtuoso concert - BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful

The life you have just written about is a beautiful thing. Lest I labor the obvious, this family, so filled with love, leaves mine looking undernourished, barely held together, and unsatisfying. The world these folks live in looks very attractive to me.

Zed56Zed56almost 12 years ago
Outstanding!!

Great story.5*

blackwatereagleblackwatereaglealmost 12 years ago
Once again

R, once again you have given us another great story. There are so many, the "Road Trip" still being my favorite. You give us meaningful people with purpose in life. Some have trouble in the beginning with where you are going with a story and opening mouth prior to opening brain.

Keep us intrigued with your writing.

Thank you and the sun still rises east of the Mason-Dixon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I don't believe the way

the daughters reacted to the situation at all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hmm...

Mildly entertaining, wildly improbable, and just a bit preachy...seems like you are seeking justification for an unconventional situation. Well written from a technical perspective, but a bit too fanciful.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 12 years ago
I enjoyed the story...

It is possible to love two women albeit not at the same time. Still you made a strong case.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
COMMUNICATION AND UNDERSTANDING WITH LOVE

this makes the world go around less wobbly. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
A Truly Loving Wife Story

If it had been an MFM threesome I wonder if I would have the same positive reaction.

The idea that love can nurture us is important. If you fill your life with love and forget to hate you can even face Death...

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
It may be....

Far reminiscent of Federico Fellini's life??? Such situation may be, but it is an seldom exception.

Sometime I wrote my humorous comment about random PI investigations for spouse, and I could not imagine an Author writes such story with a longlasting PI monitoring......When somebody will injure me for my humorous comment about spouse monitoring by PI companies, I will remind him/her for Romantic1's story.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I must admit to being a bit of a conservative thinker when it comes to the varied relationships written about on these pages and so, do not read a lot of stories. This one however, explores a rather nontraditional marriage and was written exceptionally well. The author moved me to tears several times, which tells me that the characters were made to seem real and hence, someone I could care about. Probably there is actually a relationship like this out there, somewhere, as everything under the sun is possible, but it would have to be rare. How likely is it to have two women like these, who were willing to accept their roles and be happy for so long a time. How likely is it that no one within the industry he worked in figured out the west coast relationship and that it somehow did not become gossip?

Well, none of that matters, because in this story it was a love affair the likes we are seldom likely to see. As you can tell, I really liked this story and gave it five stars, because this one belongs in the "Loving Wives" hall of fame.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 12 years ago
I Reiterate...

My comments from Part 3. As a child of the 60s & 70s, I understand the dual love and Emma's loving mentoring of Matt. Yes, you naysayers, you could call it cheating, but there's too much love between the 3 of them to call it cheating. Megan was NOT a 2nd choice. She was as much of a 1st choice for Matt as Emma.

I, too, was moved to tears by this beautiful story.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 12 years ago
beautiful

I was crying by the end....the key point about the story is so valid,what matters is love,not necessarily what others define it to be or what us right.A loveless 'real' marriage between a man and a woman is less real then something like this where there is love,despite what the moralists would say.Why megan left it in the shadows is interesting but doesn't change that.

hodunkhodunkalmost 12 years ago
A very touching, wonderful story!

As always you amaze me. This was a fantastic story and very touching. I loved it from the start and find your ability to write on different subjects exceptional. Thanks for sharing. hodunk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
great

greatgreatgreat

buran288buran288almost 12 years ago
Breathtaking

Such a Great Story..........

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Examples for similarities?

I think it is an interesting story. We had a TV personality in Hungary who died 20 years ago and he got serious limphomatic cancer and his wife and children went to visit him on evening his misstress went to visit him at noon. Nobody (In the media) asked the wife and the misstress they like each others......

An example 100 years ago a ship captain who went on steady way on OCEAN for example with freez beef from Australia to UK, he may have had 2 wife first in Perth the second in Southhampton. However the 2 wives did not know each others against this story.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A sweet but sad story

Something that has been in my mind throughout the story is the feeling I've had about Matthew being selfish. He slighted both women by not giving his total love to either one of them.

It does make for a good love story though, but Megan was the one partner who had to make the decision to share her husband with his lover, since both Matthew and Emma knew nothing of Megan knowing of their cheating ways.

A well written and edited story with what I thought was a sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
two wives for 35 yrs

It was a great story that cant be forgoten dont know if you can expand on it or not great bone anyway.

roger

hagrid53hagrid53over 11 years ago
Gobsmacked!

I find that your writing allows me to escape ... so Megan's death caught me at unawares. Wow, it really put me out of commission, yes, I cried. You are most correct, "love" is where it is at. Thank you for not only this story but all of your other writing!

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Well constructed, required a little bit of

suspension of disbelief, but I think the explanation of Megan's 'tolerance' and career is entirely believable, in the context of the 60s and 70's sexual attitudes. I find it a little difficult to accept Emma not having other casual lovers, but OK, I'm sure the story line is a possible one. All in all, I loved the series, and I hope to see additional work in this vein. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well done as usual

utter-lie believable , like a well made french movie in which unconventional relationships become more acceptable for the pure love and romance to all concerned , than the "monogamous" relationships that are convention......If Megan wouldn't have employed the P.I. she still would've known , and approved.....This sort of a relationship is not uncommon with lots of people in the " Mediterranean as I found out....It also "touches base" with my own life-story though not professionally off course....thank you for telling it , and by the way...stuff it and put in your pipe and smoke it , all you moralists out there!!!!!!!! b.t.w first comment here ever....

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Children..............

@Anon In the story was some special XIX Century ship captain principle. The other woman was other part of the USA. The PI reports showed they have not any common child(ren) and he did not want divorce. The problem would have been interesting if he had been common DNA test proof children at the Pacific shore as well. Soon the monogamous connection conventional idea could have appeared in the picture.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 11 years ago
Real life situations? You Bet!

Yes Sidney, and others, this may be more common than we all care to imagine. There are special people out here who love and respect more then one person at a time ... while being married and totally committed to one life partner. Call them soul mates or whatever, many have a support team of close friends we confide in, and yes may even share intimate relationships with full approving knowledge by the spouse. It requires a circle of caring, personal understanding and strong self esteem within each one. My bride and I have experienced a similar extended 'family relationship" since the late 70's; not without a little guilt. And yes I know of MFM relationships that fit this story line.

I first read this author a few years ago, and keep coming back to read him again and again when I want to feel good about life and relationships. In almost 70 years I've been fortunate to know people who fit into these story images in one form or another. Last year one friend began his own personal "Road Trip" on a smaller scale - so far a shorter version.

Romantic1, you're works can be as meaningful, and eventually touch as many lives as "Fifty Shades". You've touched mine and I love ya man.

dylan954dylan954over 11 years ago
Thank you

For me, to analyse the story and try to overlay today's reality takes away from the story and tries to understand a hidden meaning or message. I just found it heart warming and the love and devotion made me feel good. Where many of the stories here are about despair, hurt destruction and sometime reconstruction, this was about love. Again thank you it wasn't mushy just embodied the true meaning of romance.

myassisdraginmyassisdraginover 11 years ago
Real Love

Another winning series from a true romantic. This one even left this crusty old fart with damp eyes.... VBG

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

just crap! if they had lived all together and were open and honest then ok but that is not what this is, it is cheating, adultry and the fact it went on so long does not make it right, it makes it worse. every time hubby was with the other woman he stole love and affection from his wife, no matter what she said. every time he slept with his wife you know he thought some of the time about his other woman, that is wrong. when he took time to prepare for meating the other woman he took time away from his wife. if the sexes were different it would still be wrong and it still is now!

Alaska84Alaska84about 11 years ago

Excellent, loved it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
another story told by a real slut and her pussy assed cuckold husband

she cheated for 35 years and it romatic. If the husband would have cheated that long...everyone including the writer would still be calling him a dog. Romatic my ass.

(1)

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Slice Missing

Read this series for the first time and while the writing is good, I am left with a feeling that something is missing, the story feels incomplete. Emotionally, this falls flat.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

the reason something is missing is that the cheating piece of shit husband and the woman he cheated with get no punishment. man cheating or woman cheating it makes no difference. the husband needs his balls cut off and i hope that they do a DNA test and find his wife got knocked up by someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You made me weep.

In several places, and I'm as pleased with myself as I am with you, the author, I read several of the comments by those who didn't understand your thesis, probably couldn't understand it because their minds are so inutterably closed. Your story was a compelling narrative. Also sweet, sensitive, and understand of the love(s) in your work. I hope you plan to move on to larger publishing markets; you deserve it. Thank you for your story.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Hard to like this story

Cheating is cheating. Paint it with any brush you like but it takes away from the marriage regardless of how you write about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You make people think!

The comments you get are so different from those of other authors on literotica. Most authors get "hate your spelling" or "lousy syntax" or some such. You really get people to think! Even those that disagree with you not only finish the article, but take time to tell you they hate the characters as tho they were real! What a rare gift!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Polyamory Vs. Adultery

I think you make a case, with progressive views (even for the era), that this unconventional relationship "could" work, and be might be "all right". It was a long story, and an interesting history lesson, and you filled it with some good characters and did well with strong character development. But as your characters express their justifications, reasons, and explanations, what never seems to surface is the realizations that it took three very special and unique people to make this work. Not a lot of people could have pulled this off with ANY measure of success and avoided pain and heartbreak. For this story, I only wished this guy had understood just how lucky he was to find just the right kind of women needed to pull this fantasy off. At least his "all you need is love" education to his daughters didn't suggest to them that this kind of relationship was what he wanted for them. He just wanted their acceptance of it. You DID make it clear that the "ménage" NEEDED some level of deception and denial to be as successful as it was. But I think the magic ingredient was a truly expressed level of respect. I might have made those points a little clearer to the daughters. Overall, good job on this story, and well done. However, you didn't change my views on polyamory with this tale. Actually, this story (in a way) reinforces my views on monogamy, fidelity, trust, respect, and above all, the need to search for the right person in your life to make those commitments to.

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
A Fine and emotionally satsifying tale. 5 Stars!

I realize that many people cling to traditional attitudes about 'Cheating', 'Mistresses', 'Fidelity', The comments on this story series display many people with those attitudes. However, long term relationships can have other varieties of emotionally satisfying roles, which lead to happiness, avoid humiliation partners, and support mutual growth. The author explores an example of three adults who manage to develop such an alternative, successful lifestyle which does not deteriorate into destructive and angry lives. I enjoyed the story and learning about the three lovers. Thanks Romantic1! Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I can understand your philosophy,although I don't know that I could personally live by it.

This was a very good, well written yarn that didn't need continuous sex to hold one's interest. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
honesty

Where is the honesty, he should have spoken to Megan after his second trip, then she could have chosen yes or no. No one can live 35 years with a lie and not have it affect their relationship. Theirs was not a marriage of love but a friends with benefits love. They where in fact married to their careers. Great story well written but sends a wrong message to readers that this type of relationship could work, 99.9 percent of people would think this is cheating. Tony Kiwi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What a Load of Tripe

Put simply he's a cheater, with a mistress for 35 years and the wife was nothing but a coward not to tell him to fuck off the first time she found out. No matter who much you tried to justify this rubbish it is what it is - another cheating story and there aint anything loving about it.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
I really liked this story

4 stars. It was not hard to figure out early on that Meghan must have known about Emma, but still I thought it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sweet

Very sweet story. In the real day to day grind, I am not sure it could work. Most people do not have the resources or emotional make up to be successful with this life style. There are many practical details that would get in the way. A very sweet loving story.

5Stars

txcrackertxcrackerover 9 years ago
Bravo !

Between Sidney43 & Bobnbobbi I think they have said all the important thing I thought and felt including the tears . Thank you from the bottom of my heart . 5*****'s

Thanks again

TX Cracker

P. S . Also I am a male retired unit & ER nurse .

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
A STRONG PERSON REACTS TO THE INEVITABLE

she makes her peace====states her piece and awaits the dust, from which we all derived. TK U MLJ LV NV

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 9 years ago
gave it a 4

Great story

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 9 years ago
It can work

It can work and probably has worked more than we know or can accept. Don't forget one very big four letter word. LOVE.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Well, you've scared the hell out of me . . .

In early December, 2015, I had my annual physical. My physician called me a couple of days later to inform me that he was concerned: I had an elevated white blood cell count. He referred me to an hematologist who, after draining me of a few gallons of blood, informed me of a diagnosis of CLL - Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. After doing a couple of additional tests - FISH and ZAP 70 - he was relieved to tell me that based on those two additional tests, I had a life expectancy of another 25 years. At this point, I am asymptomatic, and I hope to stay that way. All that's needed from here is to be monitored every 4 months or so. I felt pretty good about that considering that I am 65, and to live to 90 would be absolutely fine. However, my life has changed. I try to be kinder and nicer to everyone, especially my wonderful wife. It's so important to me to let her know how much I appreciate her, every minute, every day. Life, and love, goes on. That was a wonderful story - brought tears to my eyes. Just beautiful. Thank you so much. 20 stars for you. One important lesson: even if you're feeling well, don't miss that yearly check-up. It's so important, if only to make you aware of how precious life, time, and love is.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Not my cup of tea

Defenitly not,i'm sure these situations have happend and still do ,i can understand "mistakes" but for 35 years ? this tells us a lot of the guys values and morality,so the wife knew about it and that makes it all better,not in my book,sorry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
35 years?

There is no way that any "other woman" would sit on the sidelines for 3 decades without raising an unholy fit. And anyone who can stomach the idea of cheating for decades is just plain vile.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
5*s

Terrific story! Don't know if I could have handled it emotionally but intellectually it feels right. I have several times had 2 loves but the only things that has lasted is life thru out it all. I never felt like I cheated nor have I felt conflicted. If the shoe was on the other foot...honestly...I don't know how I would feel but after knowing for 35 yrs I guess that would speak for itself.

Thank you! touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
load of shite

if you had an affair for so long,...why not leave and live with the other partner and put an end to the cheating....what a total asshole two timing shithead....

JusticeMonkJusticeMonkabout 7 years ago
Beautiful Story of Love

Love itself is not limited or conditional. We put those on for spiritual, political, cultural, and personal reasons. By definition, this opens unconventional people to experiences that others would disapprove of. This makes those experiences no less valid or beautiful, however. A beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Outstanding. One of the most touching stories I have ever read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow

The most touching story I nave read here. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Romantic fantasy

Doesn’t belong in Loving Wives!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Northeast Liberals' Polyamory. Hey, if it works for them, why not?

How do you criticize a successful romance? Why would you want to? A really cute if preposterous fantasy. Oh, I'm positive it has and is working for others. There are after all functioning drug addicts, alcoholics, and any number of mental illnesses. Its just an odd situation to romanticize and even celebrate. Such arrangements most frequently end badly, as you should know. Having your cake and eating it too, a child's fantasy, an adult's deception.

Thanks for a cute story. Talk is cheap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very interesting

Yes a fiction and not likely a story one would find happening in reality...but this is not a documentary website...it is fiction and this was very well written and insightful fiction with levels deeper than the majority of readers of this site or most others will see much less appreciate. The author is obviously extremely intelligent and thoughtful and educated and all I can say is it was wonderfully done. Call it a soft core romance novella if you like. Recommend the author try to sell his or her work if not already pursuing that.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Score

A *3 for the writing, you are very good. A *0 for unlikable characters and the cheating.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
just as bad as another love from the richard gerald king cuckold

complete crap just switched the sex of the characters . NFW any self respecting woman takes this shit seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sorry. Not buying it.

And I’m a fan of polyamory. It’s so freaking hard to live.

Poly requires radical honesty. In this story, you had three adults living a lie for 35 years.

If it were only Matt, Megan and Emma, ok, fine.

But the three stole time from the lives of the children and replaced themselves with housekeepers and nannies so that they could follow selfish pursuits.

All three adults are cop outs, cheats, and liars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Megan was not genuinely loved or respected

Megan had every right to know about the relationship between Matt and Emma. They did not tell her because they four not control her response and feared she would not tolerate being part of a decades long, transcontinental menage a tois. They denied her the ability to make such an important and fundamental decision about her life. Matt and Emma were motivated by their selfish desires, not by devotion to what was best for Megan. They were not engaging in polyamory. They were engaged in illicit, immoral adultery.

Megan's knowledge of their relationship does not change the depth and betrayal of their deceptions.

None of the characters in this sad tale understood the true nature of love. Have pity on them all. The levels of meaning, satisfaction and honesty in their lives were all exactly equal. That three intelligent adults settled for so little that was genuine is tragic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have loved your writing for years

I wandered away from your "group" writings, and lost some when you made a book, but I found this one to be really great.

I have been happily married for 57 years and the lost of Megan brought tears to my eyes (my wife has beated three kinds of cancer and has been very, very sick and weak for a number of years. I have never had any relationship or sex with another woman so I have a different view of marriage and life -- but this story was a wonderful read.

Thank you -- Wally in Michigan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sorry, story was just flat.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

This was an addictive series to read, but it felt more like a ‘Romance’ than LW. There was some erotica, the description of Emma going out in a summer dress naked underneath comes to mind, but the sex did not overwhelm the plot. My gripe is that I like erotica to be believable, and this story did not quite pass that test. I cannot believe that an intelligent sensual woman like Emma would sacrifice her chance to have a family in order to be the occasional ‘girlfriend’ of another woman’s husband. The plot would have been more believable if either Emma had been the mother of his ‘west coast family’, or if she had married another man (Mr Just Good Enough), had children, divorced then got back together with the MC as his west coast mistress. However, I don’t own this story and despite my concerns it is still a good read. 5 stars.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

Interesting enough, i guess. Hated every character in it.

Emma was the most unbelievable. 35 years of an unfulfilling relationship and she's happy? I mean seriously, you'd have the reader believe a woman like that would settle for some bastardized mistress relationship with so little time with the one she loves? Or that the wife wouldn't resent the shit out of the husband and the mistress?

And then that everybody was just magically okay with everything? Fuck this shit.

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

I truly enjoyed this story. Sure, the premise may have been unusual, but the consistency between the characters showed me at least their love for each other was true.

As I read the part about Megan dying, it got rather dusty all of a sudden in my room.

Great writing, you hooked me emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

While I truly enjoyed the story, I think it would have been more interesting if there had been some drama. But the fact that Megan had known all along took the conflict out of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best storys I've ever read on this website. A big HATS OFF TO YOU!

katibkatib11 months ago

Superb. Those who criticize the characters have not read the story carefully, or they are mentally not flexible enough to be able to understand it, or they are so imbued with conventional morality that they can't see the beauty of it. The critics look for sex—and fail to see love. At last LIT has a story about loving relationships that is not dripping with sophmoric graphic sex.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I cannot see Emma being the other woman for 35 year regardless of protestations of "love". Though her love was not unrequited, she definitely lost out on the lion share of time spent with the MC. Why would she be happy for that and then by extension love Megan? That seems surreal. And that has zilch to do with mental flexibility or so-called entrenched morality. The major reason that open marriage and polyamorous relationships have such a high divorce rate is imbalances of time, desire, attention, sexual insecurities and communication. The imbalance in this story was quite large. Emma was practically a martyr.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sordid adultery written as a romantic tale.

JothomiJothomi9 months ago

Surprisingly average similar situation occurred within the greater family. Let's call her an aunt, had a relationship with two men for over twenty years. Only at the baptism of my sisters' youngest son did she show with both. We smiled and though unconventional our generation congratulated her to a life fulfilled. So far not my aspiration, but I won't look down on the alternatives explored. This was a really good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous