All Comments on 'Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 05'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
orionstarpirateorionstarpiratealmost 10 years ago
Another great chapter

Great character development. Great movement in the storyline. Keep up the good work. I want to know more about the ladies, their culture, their motivations on their sexuality and most of all why the Commander is soooo interested in what the bringing together of the cultures holds in for the future of the two species and more importantly for the four of them. Keep up the great work and give me MOAR!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
this

This is what i look forward to reading at the end of the day

Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
Another Great Chapter...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your story. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Love it

"Why not just look at me naked? Males! Utterly ridiculous." Love that and so true we are a bunch of idiots. On another note the only thing this story shares with Bowoodstock's is the setting and character types. The stories have a completely different feel to them. Thank you for sharing this very well written story. Mechmanas@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great dialogue

I have to say that one of the things I like most about your story is the natural seeming dialogue between the characters. This really brings out the story for me. The characters are believable even if the situation is, well, scifi. Sorry about you situation, life does interfere with out hobbies at times. Looking forward to the next installment.

VERY ENJOYABLE.

CeruleanBlueCeruleanBluealmost 10 years ago
Great story!

My only complaint is I just ran across it and read all 5 chapters at once. Now I have to wait for your next post. The story has a wonderful flow about it. Please continue soon.

jaybird1944jaybird1944almost 10 years ago
Superbly written

as others have commented, very realistic dialog, something not easy to do in practice. Like most good science fiction, this story takes just one premise and then runs with it, without dei ex machina at every turn. Although this is primarily a sex-story site, the characters and situations are even more important and intriguing then the sex (at least so far!).

Really looking forward to more when the distraction of you real life is relieved.

HoserProserHoserProseralmost 10 years ago
Continuing great story

Well written and enjoyable to read. Realistic dialogue consistent with good individual character development. I'm glad you got the language issue out of the way early on but retain a mix of language skills to remind us of their inherent differences. As others have noted, there are similarities to Kita'thalla but that story has unfortunately stalled just as we're delving into their relationship (as an aside, Bowoodstock where are you?). There are plot and setting similarities of both stories to the movie Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr. from 1985 and similar elements to the Planet of the Apes concept also. It is an interesting concept to explore - what makes us human and what qualities could we project to other beings. Great work. I'm looking forward to the next chapter but the forward suggests we will be waiting a bit for the next instalment - please don't leave us in limbo like Kita'thalla.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Another well written chapter

This story really has been entertaining so far. It's sci-fi yet remains realistic. The character development is also very good. The story also has some humor in which really makes it interesting. It's a shame we'll have to wait a while for the next chapter but life's life and we'll just have to deal with it :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
PLEASE !!

Keep it coming I would love to see how he explains it to his mom in the end. So I hope you keep going.

cittrancittranalmost 10 years ago
Just to totally screw with everyone on here...

I'm laying out the philosophic, purely literal content of this story, at its basest level:

This story is two different arrangements of self-replicating molecules (one of them represented thrice, albeit in slightly different forms), originating in, on, and from who-knows-what, that are forced to work together to ensure their survival, the most basic evolutionary drive of all.

With some hot smexy lovin' thrown in, because fuck philosophy, it's boring.

cittrancittranalmost 10 years ago
On an unrelated note.

Why must RL problems/issues/occurrences interfere with awesomeness?

UNIVERSE, Y U NO WORK RIGHT, HUH!?

J0SEJ0SEalmost 10 years ago
Thank you for writing

Take as much time as you need for you situation, I'm a patient fan!

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 10 years ago
Keep it going!

Enjoying the story immensely.

W01F 426? I seem to recall a Wolf 426 somewhere, at least outside Max Wolf's star catalogue.

LV427 -- homage to Aliens? LV425, LV426, and LV427 referenced within the Aliens canon; also in Xenomorph the game; a common designation in multiple locations to moons within the Zeta Reticuli system.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hate serial stories but this one is worth the pain

I dont normally read stories until they are finished as I like to read from start to end in one sitting - however this one is worth the frustration of waiting. Please...Please ensure you go to completion on this one!

DalafarDalafaralmost 10 years ago

Love the series so far stumbled onto it and burned through the chapters that are available. Absolutely cant wait for more hurry up and write faster damn you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sci-fi stories

all i can say is every chptr. is just as gd as the last, u should write this whole story out as a book for everyone to read

kizkizkizkizalmost 10 years ago
keep it going

Nice job. I like how things are moving along. I do agree that I struggle with visualizing the differences between the 3 females. I mean one is small and other two are taller. One is older. Etc. I dunno, I think there are some missed opportunities there.

I do realize you've been focused on the first couple, so it can be forgiven.

I do like the world building and reveal. I hope you can keep up the man vs environment, survival aspect of the story. I don't feel like there is much...tension though. They have super advanced technology...so viola survival is pretty easy. Without that angle...i worry the story might lose some of its punch. I think that's way I really loved the first 2 chapters.

maxd01maxd01over 9 years ago
Clot'ilda makes the story

Once in a rare blue moon I come across a character who seems to make the story pop. To me she is sort of like Scrat in the Ice age movies though she is far more central to the story. There is just something in the way you describe her actions that makes me think of an almost adult kitten in the world for the first time. It has been interesting seeing how she is developing in the story. Even if this story at some point hops a year or three try and keep as much of the kittenness even as she matures.

packanimalspackanimalsover 9 years ago
Very Good

I always like stories that take their time to build. Keep it up.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago

loving it...i like how the misunderstandings can be discussed by liam and the commander. would that all cultures be as unimposing of their ideals.

asianToyasianToyover 9 years ago
Very well done

Congratulations on a very well written story. It has all the elements I look for; a captivating plot, interesting, three dimensional characters and most of all believability. Sure he is standed on an alien world with three horny cats but you pull it off.

I curtsy in appreciation.

asianToy

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
So Fun!

A unique spin on an age old story, really fun to read.

Thanks!

Jason

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 9 years ago
A Virgin to Sci-Fi!

Ok, I confess, I am a virgin. "Upon a Savage Shore" is my first Sci-Fi story ever. I didn't think I would like it at all. I only started reading it because a friend of mine knows I love a good Marine story. When he suggested I read your story, I thought it would be under loving wives or erotic couples, but no, it was Sci-Fi. I wasn't sure if I would be able to read it.

Now, after the first five chapters I find myself really enjoying it. I love your writing. You have built a wonderful story line and I'm enjoying it and your characters enormously. Mostly, I love a good Marine and Liam Carter is a good Marine!

So thanks for writing such a wonderfully interesting story. Thanks for such a great introduction to a new genre of stories. *; ) Thanks RRS for the suggestion.

Apple

daccianadaccianaover 8 years ago
6 stars

I would give you 6 stars if I could...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
so far so good

I agree, 6 stars, no less than 5 stars.

I hope this is a completed story

newtinmplsnewtinmplsover 7 years ago
I do agree with M'pel E'kmel

What is it about "some" clothing that is better than "none" is something that I think men will always appreciate more than women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
keep going

better and better many stars to you

paps

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 7 years ago
@newtinmpls

Short answer to your (and the Commander's) question: what you can *almost* see is more exciting than what's right in front of you, for several overlapping reasons. A hint of the forbidden, anticipation of possible removal, et cetera. ;)

I don't know if it holds true for women, but speaking as a guy it's very true for men.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 7 years ago
really enjoyable

I am loving the story. You are able to paint the picture with words allowing me to 'see' what is happening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOW

Love it!!!

TenouTenouover 3 years ago
Took me years to notice

Clotilda's breed, Pah'Tht, has a vague resemblance to Petite.

RazzakelRazzakelover 3 years ago

The only thing I find bad about this story is that I found it around 10-11 PM and now its 2 AM and I can't stop reading!!!!!!!

Oh well looks like I'm not sleeping tonight lol. Amazing story by the way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Second time reading this story. Still a great read. Rex W

JAF1953JAF1953over 2 years ago

I'm really enjoying this story. It's written as well as, or even better than books I have paid for. It's well edited and very easy to read. The author has proven to have a great imagination and equally great sense of humour. Here's hoping the story continues, without the author losing interest. Please keep up the good work for truly great literary work.

294day294dayover 2 years ago

Really enjoying your writing .. CJ Cherry is one of my favorite writers. He has a series of books that are a sort of feline species. I enjoy yours even more because of the sexual aspects.

Thanks for the stories

OpenWordsOpenWordsabout 2 years ago

So good. Cute. Sensual and comedic. Awesome writing.

Sak77Sak77about 2 years ago
For 294day

C. J. Cherryh is a woman. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really enjoying your excellent work and I appreciate your sharing this with us.

5+ stars!

Redneck_390Redneck_390over 1 year ago

Read this for the first time about a year ago, on my second read-through now, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this story. It's also the first one I read on here.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

A true joy to read. Just wish it wasn't so broken up into chapters, but that's life. On to the next chapter.

DruggoDruggo6 months ago

Well written conversation. Enjoyed the banter between the two at the end.

Really enjoying this story

wheels0132wheels01325 months ago

Love it... love this story! Well thought out world, it doesn't rush anything, it doesn't have the annoying trait of endless repetitive sex that gets in the way of a well told tale. (Some stories on here are great, but end up getting ruined by the author's lazy habit of needing to inject sex every few paragraphs, which in those cases I often tend to skip over in order to get back to the plot.) Really looking forward to more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES