All Comments on 'Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 14'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
keep em coming

Awesome story so far. Its on my list of check every day and read on sight.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Another great chapter to add to an amazing story. I'm looking forward to reading many more. Thank you once again for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An object lesson to other authors

This is great story telling. Well developed characters, sex that is an integral part of the story and an intriguing and interesting plot without artifically contrived cliffhangers, but one that definitely has a direction.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Oh, yes

I confess, I am addicted, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ we want more ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

hj55hj55over 9 years ago
tease

You no how to keep us all hanging great read keep it coming.

clay32clay32over 9 years ago
TY TY

man i love this story but i hate your cliffhanger so much

WordsWordsWordsWordsWordsWordsover 9 years ago

You might be surprised at the following for your story, but I am not. The writing is not only technically very good, the world building and character development are excellent. You're quite talented, and I hope you continue writing here after Upon a Savage Shore is finished.

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
As usual, a great chapter..

Wish it was longer, but I understand the constraints of everyday life, paying the bills and trying to put voice to a great story. This is one of the best stories I have read on this site and would love to see it expanded into a full fledged Novel. I am a Sci-Fi fan from way back. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more of your storytellings.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
As usual, a real pleasure to read.

This latest chapter is another gem. As previously stated, I'm hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good solid entertainment

autor i like your Work good mix of worldbuilding and storie

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I like it

Very Good.

What is the Commander's secret?

maxd01maxd01over 9 years ago
Das Secret... Is... Damn it what is it?

The sub plot with the commander and some secret mission is driving me nuts. That also applies to what she means about when the time is right. I was pleased when I found this posted last night since I was having trouble sleeping.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Hints

The author has made two good hints about the nature of the Commander and her mission, hints that the jZav'Etch are fighting a two-front war. Further, this prolonged fight against the humans is costing them in troops and resources, and in addition, the new enemy has a tech they are finding it hard to combat against.

The first hints come in chapter 8 near the end, when the Commander thinks over her special orders from an admiral, and implies that there may be more than one expedition of trying to contact and/or interact with humans outside of combat. The test is to see if humans and jZav'Etch can work together to survive and fight together against common foes. She also rightfully worries about his reaction when he learns about her mission.

More hints come at the end of Chapter 9, when Commander M'pel E'kmel is afraid that the blade-beasts are related to this unnamed second enemy that are apparently reptilian (possibly feathered), and it's why she tests their DNA against that of their foe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Very good plot. You mix the two aspects of the story very well.

The bonding life experience of the 4 castaways. The commander's need to find a

method for peace . You dropped enough hints about her mission .

The story has lost some emotional steam. That's normal as conflict among the castaways diminished. I am waiting with baited breath for you to bring it back . The three females are losing some of their individual differences . But that is understandable as you rush to post the chapters.

You have earned the 4*s. Keep it coming, am enjoying it greatly!!

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

You said at the beginning this was old fashioned Science Fiction and you are right. In many ways it the story resembles story lines by Andre Norton. I read an enormous number of her books when I was a kid in the 50's. Excellent story and a very fun story line.

Thank you.

babasluvbabasluvover 9 years ago
Magician

Great tome. A Magician never gives up their secrets. All in good time.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Furthermore, the commander also constantly hints that their males have a different mind set, much more aggressive and much less likely to compromise, suggesting their command might not be unified in how to resolve the conflict with the humans. It would also explain why the 'experiment' has been setup as it is. With the full support of the command there are much less costly and much more predictable ways to create a survival situation instead of attacking a human convoy and hoping that the right persons (male and female) survive and meet one another on a planet ;)

Anyway, great read ad you certaily have me curious about what exactly the experiment is and how the reaction actually will be if they are rescued ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not sure....

I liked what I have read in this chapter...just...not sure. The ending didn't seem very good. Usually there is a touch of a cliffhanger or more of a sense of finality to your chapter endings. This felt like a "bridge" chapter. Those are good, and neccessary most often, just the end of this seemed a little off somehow. Now, the compliments.

I love how you added the atlatl! I have practiced using it...but I suck at it. I prefer the sling and the bow. I think I could actually throw a spear with more accuracy than using an atlatl! Thank you for making him forget the stretcher, adds a good human component to it. I like the new critters. Good descriptions and it makes me wonder how the two groups will intereact. All in all, very enjoyable story to read. Thank you very much for writing it.

Sincerely, Payenbrant.

P.S. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Need more!

The waiting is killing me, I love your story!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
Little chapters must have driven real-time readers nuts!

For me they are like tasty morsels though ;)

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ha Ha....

I am reading it when it's finished so I can just fly through. Your right though ,Jason. When it's a story I love, reading it real time drives me nuts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOOT WOOT!!

Awsome sauce! Just keeping the love comin'.

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Such good reading

I can't seem to stop hopping from chapter to chapter in a rush. You have an excellent writing skill. The story is amazing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kiwi

Yeah this story is infectious I don't want it to end

bobosupremobobosupremoabout 3 years ago

Gosh you spin such a great yarn that I can't put it down. If you ever become a published writer, I'd like to buy your books.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Really ejoying this story!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Another great chapter as the story grows. Not sure why the strangers would chase away Rover from his females. Guess I'll just have to keep reading to find out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES