Used Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,623 Followers

Nate jumped from the bed and started to put his clothes back on. "Oh, don't make yourself out to be some innocent little victim," he spat. "You're just as guilty as I am." He buttoned his dress shirt and glared at her.

"The only thing I'm guilty of is fucking a guy who really was not worth it. That's you, by the way. I realize that frat boy brain of yours is slow, so I'll break shit down for you."

Nate laughed. "You think you've got shit figured out. You think you know me by what you assume. You listen to things you've heard, things other people tell you." He stepped closer to her. "Tell me something Jamie. Even after all the stuff you heard about me—that I'm an asshole with a big ego and an even bigger dick—why would you still want to get involved with me?"

Jamie opened her mouth but Nate held up his hand. "I'll tell you why: because you're an even bigger asshole than I am. You wanted to prove you could dick around the infamous Nate Harlow. Beat him at his own game."

His words hit home. He was right. She had said something like that to Nora when she questioned Jamie's reasoning for hooking up with Nate in the first place. But she wasn't going to admit that to him now.

"Yeah, so? I was right then and I'm right now. You're a pompous asshole who uses women to get what he wants."

His blue eyes darkened. Jamie shivered. It was only mere minutes ago when those same eyes were filled with lust. Now they were overtaken by an undetectable emotion.

"You don't know a damn thing about me, darlin."

"I could say the same thing about you, Harlow" she shot back. "You didn't even bother to get to know me. You just saw someone willing to give you sex on tap and you just jumped on it."

"Again, I will point out that doin' so would have been against the terms you set so eloquently in the beginning of this ordeal. And I quote: 'Let's not fool ourselves into thinkin' this is a relationship.' I believe getting to know you would have violated those terms."

This was not going the way he wanted. He wanted to tell her how he felt about her, not insult her. But it couldn't be helped. She was bringing out the asshole in him.

"There's a difference between leaving feelings out and treating someone like a whore." Jamie couldn't understand why she was getting so upset. He was right. Those were her words, her terms. Part of her wished he hadn't taken her words so literally.

"I never thought of you as a whore. Fuckin' hell Jamie, couldn't you see?" Nate felt his hands shake. He had to tell her now.

"See what, Harlow?"

"The way I felt about you. I wanted to know you, to know what makes you tick."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm sayin' I care, dammit." He tried to reach for her, but she pulled away.

Fuck, she thought. It was easier to walk away from things when she thought he despised her. "I don't."

Nate stared into her eyes and she hoped the truth wasn't reflected in them. "Liar," he whispered.

"Maybe, but does it matter?" she shot back.

"Why are you sayin' that? It does matter. It matters a lot to me. I care about you Jamie."

"What's there to care about, Harlow? Like you just said, I don't know you. And you don't know me."

He crushed her against him. "I know your body," his whispered. "I know what drives you wild." He was right. Her nipples tightened at his words and she felt that familiar heat that started at her toes begin to spread. "I care about you, darlin'. I really do."

Jamie sighed. She wanted to believe him. But she knew that being with him anymore was no longer feasible. "It doesn't matter. It can't happen anymore." She pushed away from his embrace.

"Why not?"

"Because we're graduating. Moving on to bigger things. Did you really think anything we had together would have last?"

Nate gulped. She was right. "But..."

Jamie shook her head. "No, Nate. This isn't going to work. For a variety of reasons. Let's just shake hands, say our goodbyes and move on." She looked into his eyes and saw the flicker of hurt pass.

It shocked her. She didn't think her words would hurt him so. But it was for the best. It wasn't like they could have established a working relationship. There were too many obstacles; hell, their egos alone were a labyrinth of drama. Frankly, Jamie didn't see the value in staying in something like that.

Nate clenched his jaw. "Fine," he muttered. "Have it your way." Grabbing up his suit jacket he gave her a curt nod.

Steeling herself, Jamie walked out the room, hearing his footsteps following her. They rode the elevator in silence. At one point she dared to glance over at him. His jaw was still tense, his fists balled at his sides. He looked as if he wanted to hit something and hard.

Some small part of her wanted to take back the words, maybe say them in a way that didn't hurt his feelings, but she knew it was foolish to think that. Either way, he wasn't going to like what she had to say. It's better this way, she thought. So why do I feel like shit?

The elevator dinged and the doors opened out into the lobby. Nate exited quickly, his dress shoes tapping on the floor sharply. Jamie kept a safe distance behind him. She realized she'd have to call a cab to get to her apartment that night. There's no way in hell I'd ride in that limo again, she thought.

Nate whipped around when he heard his name being called. He turned to face a slightly drunken Matt.

"Dude," his friend slurred. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Oh you know," Nate said. "Just with some broad." His gaze fell to Jamie, who was talking with the concierge at the front desk.

Matt giggled. "Well, we should head out in a few. The party here is over, but we're gonna continue back at the house. You game man?" he eyed Nate

Nate nodded. "Hell yeah. Fuck this shit. Fuck this day." He glared as he saw Jamie walking towards him. Thinking she was going to stop and talk, his anger flared as she just waltzed by him. Nate took that as the ultimate fuck you.

Grabbing her hand, he pulled her into a scorching kiss. His body raged against him, as if promising to pay him back for this kiss because secretly it knew it would be the last of its kind.

He pushed her away roughly. "I'm done with you," he spat angrily. "Now get the fuck out of my sight."

Pushing past her, he walked out into the cool night air.

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,623 Followers