All Comments on 'Valentines Day Dinner'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 9 years ago
Fun Read.

Thanks for the stories you give us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks

A great heartwarming .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very nice, I am widowed for a year, my wife fought cancer for over nine years

I am raising two early teenagers by myself. Any female I have an interest in is evaluated by both of my kids. They haven't vested anyone yet but want me to find them a stepmom and me a life partner. I can relate to this from real life. But no historic girlfriends will be walking in the door.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful

As Always...

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Alan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Very pleasant, positive and enjoyable story. Thanks

AMerryMan

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Truly a pleasant read.

DGH, another terrific story from your keyboard. I always enjoy your Romantic Realism writing style. Touching and funny and personable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Truly a very nice tale.

So different from the usual tripe posted in Literotica. Thanks!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 9 years ago
Again why I read on this site

This is why I read on this site. Granted you have to search through a lot of dirt even if you select the best spots. Sometime you will find something good and on a rare time valuable. A story that makes you feel good. Glad to find this story with so much depth and feeling. Of course DG Hear is generally good so no real surprise : ).

Thank you for writing and sharing. I appreciate your effort. Please keep writing and I will keep reading!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Heartwarming

There still is love, even though it took many years to come to fruition. Dad and his late wife did a good job of bringing up their daughters and it's nice that Sherry and Kerry get along well with Julie, just like their Dad. This story brought a happy smile to my face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

After reading the five previous comments, I realized that the only thing I can add is "what's next" ???

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ST V's ARROWS CAN FLY A LONG DISTANCE

and usually strike where they do the most good. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Your Stories Are Like Fine Wine*****

So Damn Good!!! Thanks for sharing

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
sniffle, sniffle

and where is the tissue?

well written.

thank you

dinkymacdinkymacover 9 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Cute story but the girls meddled too much for my taste. I understand the love they have for each other and them looking out for David is why he let them get away with quite a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

It's a sweet tale but nothing to make me care about the characters. There's a distinct lack of scene setting, of description, of atmosphere in every scene. All a bit flat.

(It doesn't appear to have been edited either.)

Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I think it should have been Romance Category

But, either way, a worthy read.

I would have liked a little more tension. Everything fell into place just a little too predictably, and 'perfectly'.

My thought would have been that the daughters pick a woman. Mayby a friend's single mother. They like the idea of being closer to to this girl and becoming 'sisters' with her. But the forced set-up doesn't work. Maybe this woman, is nice and pleasant, but has different philosphies about marriage, and/or religion. Really DG, you wouldn't have to get too deep here, but just establish the difference. Anyway, Julie can still show up as the mystery teacher, and our narrator is immediately captivated. But since her divorce, she is really having a problem with trust issues. Meanwhile, may be there is some jealosy between the two lady-rivals, and that gets Julie thinking that she just might lose out, unaware, about the problems already established. Perhaps even, the daughters try to poison the communication, and our bachelor hero has to take a stand on being the parent, and telling the girls to stay out of it. After much work and communication (with EXCELLENT supporting dialogue), true love triumphs and Julie and our hero end up together.

See, the same story, but just with more meat on the bones, and a few added twists and turns which would add some scenery for the enjoyment of the ride.

But, what doesn't change, is that even bare-bones, it is still great to read a story from you, and to know that you are still contributing. Thank you very much. Maybe you'll get inspired to give us a little more next time. Can't wait.........

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Fine Romantic Love Story

It is good to see you still turning out feel good stories! The twins were delightful.

northlandernorthlanderover 9 years ago
Nice Romance

A nice, short romance about believable people even the girls. As any dad with daughters knows, there is nothing they like more than meddling in their parents lives, especially in the case of a single parent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OK Story

Really needed an Editor.

Pretty linear story with no bumps in the road. If the girls are going to meddle, maybe they should screw it up a little before we have the happy ending. Tension is good for any story. Makes you care about the characters.

Anonymous Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DG, "too" is not "to" - otherwise well done.

I read your stories as first-person accounts written by a diarist, not a professional fiction writer. As-such, character development is often given as sparse facts:

Brad, Julie, Mrs. Abromowitz's dog which always tried to bite me.

Brad's last name? Unimportant. He's every guy in Elementary School.

Julie's physical description? Heritage? Breast size? Unimportant, she's *that girl* which got away.

The dog, could be a Rottweiler or a Pekinese, it matters not.

Your gift is putting each of us, as the first-person narrator. Just fix those to too many to by two.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Nobody writes romance like DG

We got a DG story and a Q story the same day! Double treat for lit today.

C_frommnC_frommnover 9 years ago
Another

Great Story by DGH . loved the whole thing. it was emotional and of course Romantic. Thank You

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
Very nice feel good story

Short but sweet. Very well done, just as one would expect from DGH.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
Another good one.

Short, thus tight and succint.

Thanks, DG H.

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago

A little too sweet for my tastes. I agree that it should have gone in romance. There's not a lot of action here. The ending is heartwarming, but I feel like that warmth would have went a lot farther after an icy bath in the pool of conflict.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Nice story

Definitely belongs in the Romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anice little love story

of two old friends finding each other...the twins did a good job bringing them together but it would have pissed me off too with her telling the twins she was pregnant before their dad....just not right.....my bitch of an ex did that to me when she told her good friend first she was pregnant before telling me........still pisses me off she did that....

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
I'm Getting Soft

I must be getting soft because I loved this story, it brought out the old romantic in mind. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
Kudos for a great short story!!

I loved it. From dispaire over losing a great love to the ever ominous disease of cancer, to regaining a love from a distant past, trueley a heartwarming tale of love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
OLGREYFOX said it right first time

Kudos for a great short story!!

I loved it. From dispaire over losing a great love to the ever ominous disease of cancer, to regaining a love from a distant past, trueley a heartwarming tale of love.

cheers

i'd sign off on this but my account doesnt work

doejohnny64doejohnny64over 4 years ago
Stop it please

Too much damn sweetness...

I actually loved it. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm glad that one of us can write, it isn't me! Thank you for yet another special story.

somewhere east of Omaha

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What a great love story, what was great was the the girls teacher who was Dave's former love interest that was the blind date. The storyline was great and it flowed smoothly to the ending which was of course a happily ever after. Well Done 5++stars

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

2nd time around and still a great heart-warming little tale featuring a strong loving father, two girls that are secure in their forced one parent family, and who have a tremendous relationship with their father, and build one with a woman they believe can make him overcome his sense of loss. sweet story no excuses required!! *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Second time around for me also, the first a year ago. Enjoy your tales still!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

BTW, welcome back!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This very sweet and love story contains two at least very high points and it constantly keeps up wondering what' next, what's coming from the girls. 1) First, there are two extremely smart orphan girls that love their father VERY much and try to organize things to facilitate his love life, and theirs, through their school activities; and 2) an old childhood flame who just happened to be the girls teacher. What a coincidence? That was a very cute and smart plot. Another smart move is the interaction between the girls and their teacher to facilitate the love story and the agreement to go beyond the usual conventions and have Julie ask the girls' father to marry her. That was real cute. Overall, a very good read and story line well worth 5*****.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! Keep writing, you are the best!

BOOMER1948BOOMER1948over 1 year ago
Thumbs up

Enjoyed the story. Father daughter interaction was great. Missing was the girls calling Julie mom and adoption. I read both into the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short and oh so sweet! 5

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Nice love story with a very happy ending. Thank goodness that the girls were so well behaved and adjusted as they were. Lots of kids tend to go a different route when they get to their teens. I know mine did, but she turned her life around and is a great mother, wife and is my best friend.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Far, far, too fassssssssst. This rarely reflects real life. Had it gone over three years or so and the engagement was at least a year, it good have been a goer, but not like this. It just made her out to be some what sluttish to jump into bed so quickly. It was not sweet, more of sickly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories