Valentines Day Dinner

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers

The next morning they asked me, "Dad, do you love Julie?"

"Yes, I believe I do," I answered.

"Does she love you?" they asked.

"She said she does. Why are you asking me this?"

"Why haven't you asked her to marry you? Is it because of us? Dad, we really like Julie and we want you to be happy."

I hugged my girls and told them how much I loved them. They would always be first in my life.

"We love you Dad and we know you will always be there for us, but you need to be loved too and we know Julie loves you."

****

My girls were at it again. They told me that Julie asked them at school if we would go to the Olive Garden with her on Sunday. She had something she wanted to tell us.

It sounded suspicious but I told them it would be fine. After they went out I called Julie and asked her about the Olive Garden. She told me that the girls had told her that I wanted to tell her something and asked her if she would go to the Olive Garden Sunday.

She asked me what I thought they were planning and I told her they wanted us to be together and apparently we weren't moving along fast enough. It made Julie laugh and she said she really loved the girls. It reminded her of how mischievous we were when we were young.

I changed the pattern of our talk and got a little more serious. "Julie, do you want to marry me?" I asked.

"Is that a formal proposal or are you just asking me my opinion?"

"I don't know, I love you and want to ask you but not over a telephone."

"Then, let's wait till Sunday and you can try again. David, if it makes a difference I have always loved you for as long as I can remember. I'll see you Sunday."

I wanted so badly to ask the girls what they were up to but I wanted to see it through. When we got out of church on Sunday we had an hour before we were to meet Julie. I asked the girls if we were suppose to meet her at the restaurant or pick her up.

"She said to meet her Dad," replied Sherry. They were fussing over me again and I knew they were up to something. I just had no idea what it was.

We walked in the Olive Garden and Sherry stated to the greeter that we were with the Julie Pelfry party. I looked at her wondering what was going on. The greeter took us to a private room and I saw Julie, her parents whom I haven't seen for years, my parents and my sister, her husband and two kids were also there.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Julie spoke first, "I'm sorry that I lied to you about not telling Sherry and Kerry that I asked them to bring you here today. So you know they didn't lie to you. I did asked them to invite you here today. Thank God you said yes. You were right when you said the girls wanted us to get married.

"I've talked to them many times and they kept asking me if I loved their father and if I wanted to marry him. I told them I did but I was waiting to be asked in case you didn't feel the same. They felt that you were worried that I would come between you and them which I would never do.

"They wanted us to be a family which I wanted also. They suggested that I forget formality and ask you to marry me. So, we set up this dinner with our families so I could stack the deck against you.

"So David Miller will you marry me? You better say yes or I'm going to look awfully foolish."

I looked at everyone who was waiting for my answer. I reached in my pocket and pulled out an engagement ring and said, "I was going to ask you the same question. Yes, I'll marry you."

Julie came up to me with tears in her eyes and we kissed. I slipped the ring on her finger and kissed again. My daughters hugged me and also hugged Julie. I heard them tell her, "We did it!"

We had dinner and I talked with Julies parents about how they have been. Our parents renewed old friendships and agreed to see each other more often.

Epilogue

We got married a month later with mostly family present and a few friends. Life at home seems so much happier. Julie is like a mother to the girls and is always there to talk with them when they need something. They call her Julie at home but Mrs. Miller at school. They say it seems so funny calling her Mrs. Miller.

It's been almost a year since our wedding and the girls came in the family room and turned off the TV. I knew something had to be up. "Ok, what's going on? I was watching the game."

"Dad, what Julie has to say is much more important than any old game."

Julie walked in and said, "Dave, I'm pregnant." My mouth flew open and the girls were saying things like 'We're going to have a brother or sister in six months. Isn't it great Dad?'

I was surprised that she told the girls before she told me but I was happy that they were that close. It turned out that it was a boy and a baby brother for the twins.

Life for us has changed but we are a very close family. We spend a lot of time together, but at night Julie and I have our private time and we make love and sometimes just cuddle.

The girls came up to me and said, "Dad, we were always worried about you and what would happen after we graduated and went to college and started a life of our own. Now you and Julie have each other and we don't have to worry about you any longer. We love you Dad!"

I had tears in my eyes knowing that what they said was true.

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers
12