All Comments on 'Vibrations'

by LukasGrey

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
stattionstattionover 6 years ago
Superb

Always a pleasure. You're one of the best writers on here and just glad I was able to help to get this one finally published.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
Just fantastic

A great story, emotional and very realistic. Characters very well described, as well as the emotions that each of them feels.

After having read your Fallen series (that series is over?), it is very nice to see that you can write a magnificent story without explicit sex. That says a lot and good about you as an author.

Obviously, you are part of my group of favorite authors, and I hope to continue reading more of your stories in the near future.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

LukasGreyLukasGreyover 6 years agoAuthor
Falling isn't dead!

In my time here I have been very fortunate to build a great fanbase of loyal and kind folks, so first, let me say thank you to you all!

To those who worry that I have walked away from the Falling Series, I have not. I'm simply taking a little break from it to work on some other projects and try to grow as a writer! Vibrations is one of those projects and so far, I have to say I love the support I've gotten thus far... thank you all so much!

If you are interested in finding out about other things I have in development you can click above on the Click Here to send me a private anonymous message).

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 6 years ago
Bloody hell!

What a great story, with the bonus of being well written, too.

Well done and I shall be following your progress with interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
loved it

So Thank you very much...spoke to my heart quite accurately.

A Treat

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
That was a wonderful ride

I blame you, now I'm sitting here in a dark room without my dinner, because i had to finish the story before i got up. Thank you, that was a 6-star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved the story BUT...

you really need to do a re-edit to stay consistent with his sister Re's name - some times it's Audrey, some times it's Adrianna - one time you use both in the same paragraph!! You also use Aubrey for Roo in one paragraph but I'll put that one down to a typo.

LukasGreyLukasGreyover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Loved the Story But...

Thanks for the comment! This is one of the big reasons I post on here, to get feedback on little stuff that didn't seem to me to be a big deal but that broke the story for the reader!

In all fairness, this isn't my editor Stattion. He suggested the same thing and I told him to go stuff himself and that I liked it...

So, see writers, don't be a douchebag like me! Listen to your editor!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
Great storyline, worth reading

I enjoyed it. You started by grabbing my attention in the opening scenes. Then as you fleshed-out the backstory, some mistakes popped up: Audrey for Adrianna, etc, as Anonymous mentioned. Because of the early Audrey/Adrianna mistakes, I picked right up when Casey forgot Re’s volleyball camp - thought that was another mistake. I considered writing a comment at that point, but continued reading. Then it clarified: Casey and Jake both forgot, for different reasons, and it was in your plot outline (and it works!).

But there’s one detail in there that makes a difference: Jake thinks how Re was happy that Roo was named ‘Aubrey’... which works a *lot* better if Re’s name was ‘Audrey’.

So my constructive suggestion is that you line up a proofreader and maybe an editor. The bones of the story, its presentation, the emotion, all play well. It’s only a few minor details from being a more polished product than a lot of ebooks from Amazon. I’m not suggesting you market your work, just give yourself credit: you’re better than a lot of so-called ‘professional’ writers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story!

I consider this to be your best submission so far. If, this is the quality of story you produce when the sex is left out, feel free to leave it out again. Thanks for your efforts!

nreh21nreh21over 6 years ago

Really loved the story

Thanks for sharing

sber56sber56over 6 years ago
great story

love the story, your getting better with each story, keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very nice

Great story Rang some real life bells with me Keep up the exellent work. Thanks

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 6 years ago
Very Good

I love your style. Well done! 5*

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Love isn't simple, Life is complicated

It gets worse with secrets and guilt.

I don't understand his response when she told him about the night at the end of summer party. Rage? Anger? Why take it out on her? Half an hour earlier he was ecstatic to be with her. Holding Roo had him overjoyed. I can understand regretting the lost time. Wishing they could have 3 years back. That he had been less timid and figured how to gather up the courage to show and tell her how much he cared for her. That him leaving her behind as he went off for uni was on him, not her.

.

Andy_brookAndy_brookover 6 years ago
Leaves me with dilemma!

After reading this, I so wanted to know what happened next. Did they find the happiness or did they keep struggling? That's why I want a second part. But at the same time this story has such an irresistibly beautiful ending that I just want to assume everything turns out fine for them and not want second part cuz that would mean something bad happening. So I an caught in a dilemma, dear author.

LukasGreyLukasGreyover 6 years agoAuthor
Series?

Some have asked whether or not this is the first part of a series. To that, I say the short answer is no. I have no PLANS to spin this into a series as I really like where it ends. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will never happen... sometimes my brain twitches out and makes me chase a story whether I like it or not!

I will say, in one of my newer works, that Jake and Casey make a small guest appearance, so there is a nice little piece of resolution that lets you know how they do end up!

As always, thanks for the read, I appreciate you all!

Lukas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I gave up reading about half way through when I realised you were just long winded and didn't care enough to get your own characters names right 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story!

This is an absolutely outstanding, well written story. I couldn't put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
slow...

It just goes on forever. Quit at 6.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
Everybody

keeps struggling. Such is life. Really nice story. Thanks for sharing.

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 6 years ago
I liked it, so there :--)

Yes, it was long and had quite a lot of angst, but it held one's attention well.

I thought, too, that it was better written than many stories on this site.

Thank you LukasGrey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Finally a story that had a plot and real characters. I read a lot on this site and it can be frustrating when there isn't a real storyline or any kind of hardship to overcome. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

It was long. And at times it was tedious. So much angst, so much “drama”. I wouldn’t give it 5 stars, because it was at least 10 pages too long. But I’d give it 4. It really was a pretty good story. Except for the “tedious” parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Age issues

About the part where Jack admitted that he had seen Casey naked. It is way too weird for 13 or 14 years old kids playing doctor. Come on, if they were that old, no way there was nothing sexual about it.

Also, by the time the main events took place, Deb would be 30 year old or so, still quite young. But the way she is described gives me the impression that she was much older. I mean the way she talked and needing reading glasses to read a book.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a Great Story

A long story, well written and very well told. Unfortunately for me, I guess, I didn’t like it much. I read it all, all 21 pages. As someone else said, it was tedious reading at times. But I read it, all the way through. My objection to story is that it is pure fabricated drama, just for the sake of drama. Family drama. Soap opera stuff. I wouldn’t consider voting on this story, because I am so obviously predjudiced against soap opera drama.

LovewilltearusapartLovewilltearusapartover 5 years ago
Favorite

If you were to publish this inbookform I would buy it tomorrow. One of my favorite stories period. Thank you .

sirelcsirelcabout 5 years ago
Good story

I've read a similar story before. I like your spin on things. I like you didn't try to jump 5 or q5 years in the future to give a "they lived happily ever after". It ends. Yes with promise, but also acknowledges that there will be tough time.

Most of the charters were pretty well fleshed out. The father could have been a bit better. I liked the main characters details. I also liked how you showed frustration and snapping. It's part of life.

c50chrisc50chrisalmost 5 years ago
Top notch

Great story Terrific plot. Lovely characters.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
Yuo

Defiately have talent. Excellent characters and storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Boy, did I love it! 6 stars

Loved it, many times, when there is to many descriptive sex , I simply skip those paragraphs in order to return to the scenario that I liked.

P.S. I am from a French background so my choice of wording might look funny!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn that was long.

Ended up good but what a long mess.

Cor007Cor007over 3 years ago
Nerve

I don't know why, but this story really hit a nerve with me. The characters really spoke and the story was life like. Raw at occasion, just like reality.

I felt very early the correct fatherhood, only by a slightly different means, but that did not diminish the story at all, just made the anticipation greater.

Still the story keeps tugging on my heart. Difficult to define, I guess just the whirlwind of emotions that is still playing on even a day later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story is one of the best stories on the site. This hits home as I did have a girl I grew up with who was my best friend since we were both 8. I never did tell her I loved her and she ended up moving on with a really great guy who worships the ground she walks on and they are extremely happy. I will always wonder what could have been. This story is very bittersweet for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was probably the best romance story I have ever read. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really well done, love that they expressed themselves and we experienced their emotional turmoil. First of your stories that I've read, look forward to reading more of them. 5*

ilalsilalsabout 1 year ago

It's a bummer when you find a terrific story and then look at the dates and realize the author is no longer active.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous