All Comments on 'Vigilantes Pt. 02 of 02'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 253 Comments
karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Sorry could not complete it... went off the wrong track,

I have read a page and reached the second page when i stopped reading. The reason being it went completely offtrack. The wife has returned with another man's baby and no revenge is planned on him but the lover brandon hilton is targeted by the sick (read cuck) husband. Some bullshit about how brandon should not get away was mentioned.

I agree what brandon did was wrong but one needs to understand he did not drug the wife. The wife lori has to accept responsiblity of her actions. How can you blame brandon? He was not the one who was committed to the husband and had taken vows to remain faithful.

Why is the wife getting away so easily? I mean this was not just a case of having an affair but here the man was accused of murder and was publicly humiliated by the press coverage that followed. For that very reason the wife should have been made to pay. For all you know it was planned by the wife to frame thue husband this way. i.e. let him be humuliated for a few days then write a note and save him. How can that be so easiliy forgiven? Why all the attention on brandon when he is just a seducer?

I like this author but dint like this one... very disappointing.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read!!!!*****

One of the best I have read in the last year. Thanks for sharing.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Just could not accept it.

Dont know why but i completed the tale. The wife Lori got away way too easily. I hope the author is not planning to write cuck stories in the future. This may just lead to it though the man was not a cuck in this one. I dont know what others feel but i strongly feel someone should write an alternate ending to this one and make Lori pay.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
This Author is GUILTY of Reckless Disregard ( of my pulse rate ) !

Most superior writers, considerate of their faithful fans, content themselves with inserting one Mega-Twist per story. Here we got two coming from left field probably originating from a baseball stadium in China . Lori having a baby in tandem with her daughter and the old school harvesting of DNA control sample. Mercy !

One tiny quibble would be that the co-chief villain Brandon's character could easily have been expounded on in greater detail to set up the outrage kindled in readers and narrator alike.

Perhaps just a quick one on one scene with the father & psycho swain where a hint of his sociopathic tendencies surfaces ever so briefly. He was a huge player in this story in every sense of the word but was pretty much a shadow until the wedding scene.

Barring that potential hiccup, this was intense from start to finish. Ergo my petulant, plotting protest in my selfish interest in terms of prolonging this wonderful story . The only thing ho-hum about this work is the certainty that another 2 fireball hot ratings to add to Francis Macomber's collection of quality titles.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THE MILQUETOASTS OF THIS WORLD

are not always meek and mild, especially when they protect their families, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

Really great

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. Well thought out and well written. I agree with Karan about not enough punishment for Lori the cheating wife But everything else worked out well. Even a happy ending. Good job.

SpykkeSpykkeover 11 years ago
Nice story - a change from

the usual stuff. A minor point, you can't get DNA from cut hair - you need the hair follical. Keep up the good work

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Very well written. Plenty of drama, but a fun read overall.

ceoltoirceoltoirover 11 years ago
Karan . . .

is nuts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
i agree

with karan, it is only a story but the mother and daughter living with the husband after what the wife had done is to much for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No, not really..

Although a reasonable tale with out the husband being a wimp, Lori sure got off easy. And good ole Rufus needed some more justice. And Brandon also needed some more payback.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
First class storytelling!

This has been the best read in this section for a very long time. Subtle and lasting revenge is far more effective than violence.

Okay, so I found it hard to identify the character of Lori with a real person - but that didn't really detract from it because the main character remained true to himself throughout.

It would be criminal to give it anything less than 5*

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
@ceoltoir

@ceoltoir... why am i nuts? because i am not a wimp? thats funny

JusttooldJusttooldover 11 years ago
good

Good, No, make that fantastic story! Loved the way he got his retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good yarn

Predictable, but agree with everyone else, not enough punishment for Lori,Rufus, or. Brandon. Lori living with them was toooooo farfetched.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Great writing.

As for the punishment. Brandon's lasted at least 18 years - a beating or a bullet is too quick. Lori was exposed to everyone who knew her for what she was - a lifelong punishment. Sounds good to me.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 11 years ago
I, too, enjoyed

the tale----until I came to its very unsatisfactory end. A good story needs to offer some completion, a vigilante's action needs some measure of success; this story offered neither and therefore failed miserably. Lori, a lying, unfaithful, selfish fool ends up living unscathed and being taken care of by both her betrayed husband and daughter when deserved at the least to be made to live in a homeless shelter for unwed mothers-----at the very least. Brandon, in addition, could have been sued at least to lose his license to practice law...he may have not committed a criminal violation, but there is certainly a civil tort involved against either the protagonist or his ex-wife or his daughter (or all three)--- at the very least a picture of him in his wet, pissed in pants should be circulating around any city he ends of working in. As for good old Rufus, he should end up having brandon living in his home so that brandon would be there to offer legal advice and help Rufus lose many of his clients. I do think, Macomber, that you got tired and just decided to end the story where and when you did without ....... .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it.....

It had a good ending and I was looking forward to reading this final installment. Thanks.

ceoltoirceoltoirover 11 years ago
Karan

you're nuts for NOT understanding the story . . . I have no idea if you're a wimp

ceoltoirceoltoirover 11 years ago
Karan

You're nuts for NOT understanding the story. I have no idea if you really are a wimp, but not caring about payback on the boy who ruined your life certainly makes it a STRONG probability.

You just don't fuck with married women . . . . and get away with it.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

A really excellent resolution to the story. Hubby didn't wimp out and take Lori back and he treated her as he should have. Emily bonded with her mother as would be expected under the circumstances and the poor mistreated man got a new loving wife so a neat wrap up of the whole sordid tale.

The only criticism I have is if he suspected who his wife had run off with, the police should have been told. They have superior resources, but that would have ruined the story of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lori and her Father each got payback

by having to live with each other. Her only refuge is someone she hates. Rufus must live with the constant reminder of how wrong he was:

1) He misjudged the character of all parties.

2) If he had not pushed Lori away her sister would have been warned.

3) He is now the laughing stock of Savannah.

Best revenge is a life well lived (along with the guilty parties causing their revenge).

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Ceoltoir

No one is talking about fucking around with married women and getting away with it. The point here is, what brandon did was wrong so screw him if you want. But she was not drugged. Instead of behaving like a sissy why dont you understand that fact? Lori got away too easiliy was the point. But i guess your such a sissy that you fail to notice that and atgue on fucking around with married women.

Even if your a wimp thats not my problem but are you blind as well? Read my comments carefully before you comment. I said punish the guy if you want to but dont let lori escape. This is not a case of simple cheating, out here he was accused of her murder as well. You think thats no big deal? The guy was not the one who was committed to him lori was. She was the one who broke the wedding vows and not only did she do so, she got her husband humiliated in the worst possible way by the media.

You think thats a joke? Read the comments carefully and not just mine but others as well, as several people have voiced similar thoughts i.e. lori got away too easily.

It's funny how all the hatred comes for the guy for fucking with "the married woman" but no comments by you on how "the cheater" got away lightly.

I on the other hand give a more balanced view with the opinion that if the guy deserved to be punished which he did, than, so did the woman (lori).

And if i was a wimp or would show such characteristics as you do, then i would have been ok with lori getting away easiliy. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me i am not a wimp so cannot accept it. This was my view.

thebulletthebulletover 11 years ago
karan must be as much of an asshole as Brandon was

karan's idiotic non-logic is not worth arguing about. Excellent story FM. Revenge in the right place and of the right kind.

Another great story to add to FM's list.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
thebullet

@ thebullet: non- logic? asking for justice and seeing to it that lori pays is non logic according to you? So i guess, according to you logic says lori should get away with it easily? Is that even making sense?

And im a jerk because i want justice for the man and cant accept your wimpish ideas? You dont make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Rufus

I like the name. good story. but I want to know if Brandon have something against the Carletons or just coincidence.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
Part 1 was real . . .

. . . Part 2 was preposterous, but still just as much fun to read. I did like the historical reference thread through both parts of the story. Savannah is a beautiful city, but as I recall from reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Savannah has bizarre roots that still pervade the city. Maybe there was a good reason Sherman struck out for Savannah after sacking Atlanta. All of the historical allegories seem to fit this story.

Another very good job!

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
outstanding

Little bit of mystery, little bit of action, lots of drama, an nice twist with the bad guys marriage to the sister-whats not to like?

Fine tale

thebulletthebulletover 11 years ago
karan: i prefer to avoid these kinds of arguments

But just to set the record straight: what did you expect the husband to do to Lori? She is already a broken woman. You want him to beat her? Kill her? Throw her into the street, even though his daughter begs him to take her in for a while?

What about the infant? Because she is the result of a cuckolding relationship, should she too be shoved into the shitter? The baby deserves to be punished as well?

What solution do you see that is fair to all involved while giving Lori the punishment you think she deserves? --no, don't bother telling me. I haven't the strength of will to read through any more of your mindless diatribes.

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
Damn Good Job!

The plot line might have been a tad far fetched, and I saw the Lori/Brandon affair coming like a slow left hook, yet I enjoyed the tale nonetheless. It was well written and the characters were well drawn up. The plot moved at a good pace and was, despite being a little fantastic, still exiting and believable enough to be entertaining without too severely stretching the readers incredulity

Four well deserved stars..

ceoltoirceoltoirover 11 years ago
Karan

So you want to beat a woman . . . that says exactly how much a man you are! Go for it stud! Bloody her! Whip her in the village square!

Gaping, dripping asshole that you are that wouldn't be enough for a real man like you.

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years ago
Great story

As usual, I enjoyed both parts. Excellent story telling. Great plot. Great resolution!

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
ceoltoir

@ceoltoir: At what time did i ask her to be beaten? Are you seriously blind? I never said such a thing, but you have nothing to say because logic cannot be argued upon so you put such false accusations on me. I would be an asshole if i asked her to be beated up but i did no such thing.

You on the other hand are an asshole because you are falsely accusing me of something i never said. Being blind is something you can be forgiven for but arguing for the sake of it is not acceptable. Grow up jerk. Get well soon.

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 11 years ago
I would agree

with the above poster in seeing the mother/daughter/lover connect early on but it is central to the story.

Great work!

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
the bullet: Nor would i like to argue, but just to set the record straight.

The bullet: I dont like arguing as well but just to clarify a few points. At no point of time did i ask for a solution that involved the beating of Lori. Though she deserved it is another issue but I am strictly against violence on women under any circumstances. So no beatings for her.

I agree on a few points that you made, namely the future of the newborn, for that there can be several alternatives that can be looked at. The baby does not deserve to suffer so something should be worked out for her. Either she could stay with the husband. Even though he was not the father, chances are he would raise the kid much better than a woman like lori who did not hesitate to sleep with her daughter's boyfriend and break her daughter's heart plus when she knew that her daughter was pregnant. So lori has a proven record as a bad mother, what makes you think she would do a better job second time round? Chances are the kind of whore she is, she might sell of her baby. And that's not what we want do we?

Despite Lori being the mother adoption could be looked at if the husband refuses to look after the baby and in a case like this chances are she would do better in a foster home as Lori is unfit to be a mother. At any given point the future of the baby has to be looked at, and all evidence proves that Lori would not be a good mother seeing her past record.

With regards to the right kind of punishment for Lori, well that again can be looked at, Beating is not a solution but something else more humane and yet hurtful because she deserves it. They can go to the media and expose Lori, an apology was printed in the newspaper but that was not enough or sufficient to remove the damage done. Thus, after she returns the least that could have been done was the husband going to the media, selling the story to some journalist. This would serve a three fold purpose. He would make money which he could use to take care of the new born baby of Lori plus humiliate Lori by letting the world know about her plus finally putting to rest whatever little doubt of his innocence that remained in the minds of many people.

So in no way is he "beating her up" ( i never suggested that, i guess ceoltoir and you must be hallucinating) and yet get even. Hope this makes sense and clears the record.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very Telling

The comments here clearly reveal the split among LW readers. The people who come here to read stories love it. The people who come here to work out their issues with women are mad because Lori wasn't sold to a Mexican brothel after being spat on by everyone she knew. That would have been a totally predictable and irrelevant diversion but that crowd don't give a damn about the story, they just want to see the bitch burn.

I wish someone would start burnthebitch.com so all those Real Men could go there and get their jollies and quit stinking up the air around here.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
i have not read it yet

i will today. but i have to say that people here comment just like people comment on the characters in every story everywhere. it can be a good story and we can hate the character and want more done to punish them or reward them. it is really nothing personal. pick up some reviews of the best books in literature and you will find similar comments about the characters. so get over it - part of writing is having people love or hate your characters. if they dont love or hate them you have just done a shit job as a writer in creating a character people just yawn over. booring does not sell.

from all the comments i can see this will be a good one to read and if i hate a character or love a character, it does not matter which, that is a point in favor of the author and his creation.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
I enjoyed it, but

and as usual, there is a but. The first chapter more than set things up. The second chapter was quite predictable. Hell, I guessed the double baby paternity thing. The suggestion that the lover-boy had no idea that he was engaged to the sister of his late girlfriend stretched credibility a lot. Also, we were told that the rich father hired a detective. A good detective should have reported that the daughter had run off with the cad, the very cad that was romancing his youngest daughter. So we have an unbelievable coincidence and some really bad detective work needed to make this story work. I also think out hero would have been on Youtube waving the knife and gun before he exited the building and cops would have been on his ass before he reached the interstate..

shangoshangoover 11 years ago
Crap

Did not pass the "look" test. 1. Lori was seriously deranged, so the Dept of Soc. Svcs would have snatched the child. 2. If there is one Truism about Southern White folk, it's they LOVE their guns. They go strapped to CHURCH! Hubby would have went down under a hail of bullets. 3. Hubby could have filed the Paternity suits with DSS. They would have found him through the Bar association.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 11 years ago
Normal FrancisMacomber story..

Well written, worth reading and lots of fun! Yes, yes, yes, there were a number of rather predictable elements in the story, but so what? That's true of most stories. I rather liked the 'scalping' approach to getting DNA samples - lol!

All together another jolly story!

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
Yep

Yhe ending was not in doubt, but you got there in a really fun way. Thanks for a great read

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
PLEASE STOP!

First, this is a fine piece of fiction. Most who read it carefully will enjoy it. Even Dick & Jane can be misunderstood if read carelessly. There are several areas in which 'poor practice' (such as by police and by Private Eyes) might have resulted in difficulties in coming to faster (but NOT, IMHO, better) resolution. Fiction writers (especially those not earning monetary reward!) should be forgiven for such, if not too egregious!

Bottom line...5* and my appreciation for the efforts of FMc!

Second, this area is for COMMENTARY on or to the STORY/AUTHOR! Yes, I have (rarely, briefly and with apology!) violated this before! I do NOT consider

s t r e t c h i n g my comment out (such as THIS paragraph) to be a violation. PLEASE honor this protocol. There IS an area in LIT to engage in extended discourse about damn near anything (like squabbles about each others' comments!) is available. Please take the 'explanations' THERE...INCLUDING any responses you wish to make to THIS request!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
one of your worst stories so far,quite disapponited in you

F.M..what a fairy tale. this story started out okay but part 2 is a disaster, considering your skills as a writer..( JOHN) any man would never have Lori back in the house kid or not with what she did to him,that part was so unbelievable. and brandi sidding with her mother after finding out her ex boyfriend fathered another baby with johns ex wife,her mother. I THINK you are living in la la land. no daughter i know would have been civil and probably would have punched her lights out..she took off ,never left word ,he was investigated for her diapprearance and osterized by friends and family and she wanted to stay ih his home.. if this makes sence to anyone out there please respond.!!! he should have shut the door and sent her to a shelter.. he had absoluty no obligation of any kind to let this whore back into his home. ALSO IN NEW YORK there is free birth control center everywhere on 14th street in manh i know of one, also abortion is easy as pie at the same place whether you can pay for or not.. so the writter is full of it.. n.y is a liberal state.why would she bring another baby into this world if she coulodnot feed it clothe it ,educated it. what was she thinking and to go back to the husband she desserted is beyound believable . at least he moved on to bridget.. so i donot get it and this story just des not work. period...

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
ok i got it read

and the punishment was not even close enough. as for the slut wife, she should be out on the street and who gives a fuck about her bastard. now his grandchild is a half sibling to his slut x-wife's bastard - isn't that special. no brandon did not suffer enough and neither did the wife, but a mexican whore house would have been just a tad harsh, and anyone who reads my cheating wife shit - as in they deserved to be punished know i can really be harsh. but it was a good read and worth a 5 even the the wife was a cunt and her daughter not all that bright either.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Haven't read all the comments yet but . . .

It was a nice, fun, feel-good story. Thanks for writing.

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago

I agree that Lori got off way too easily. "Oops, didn't work out, I'm back!". As for the unborn baby she carries, wouldn't that be HER responsibility? Is there any reason why it should be John's (the EX-husband's) responsibility?

There's little information on Lori after she came back. I'm sure she feels remorseful and regretful and all that, but it's not shown. As such, the view I have of her is still incredibly negative; the woman who cheats on her husband, fucks her daughter's boyfriend, elopes on a whim and gets pregnant. And the only reason she comes back is because Brandon abandons her and she's broke.

More importantly, no CHANGE is shown. That she's grown up, that she truly regrets what she's done, etc.

So yes, she got away with it.

Emily's behavior mystifies me as well. Maybe the pregnancy and the hormones because of it are screwing her up, but why did she forgive her mother just like that? Just because they're both pregnant? Weren't they rather antagonistic before? This sounds like a very convenient excuse so Lori can stay with them.

As for the "punishments" the "bad guys" got...Hm. Lori having to go back to her dad Rufus, who she can barely stand...Not bad.

Rufus, who is now proven by John to be a completely incompetent judge of character. I'm sure the humiliation of this entire debacle stings him more than anything. Although I'm sure he'll find a way to blame John for all of this.

Brandon, having to own up (IE pay childsupport) for the two kids he fathered, is probably punishment enough (for 18 years).

One more thing, John COULD have Lori make a "statement" in a newspaper about the real reason behind her disappearance, as penitence, perhaps. It would clear John's name, reveal the truth behind this case, and it would be a punishment that would not affect the baby. This would be a pretty juicy story that no newspaper would refuse, right?

In all though, it was an entertaining story.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
I liked it

Like I tend to like all FXM works...I think it was interesting to tie the main character's study of vigilantism to what he faced in real life and realizing that the cut and dried negative most people associate with vigilantism is not always so. In this case, the law looks at Brandon and basically says there is nothing we can do, other then maybe him him up for child support (and one commenter is correct, Georgia is one of the lousiest states when it comes to child support, they give very little, not surprisingly). I think the ending was interesting, I loved the church scene, and dear old father in law finally got his comeuppance when he realized that shallow things like money and class don't make for good character, that 'liberal' professor turned out to be a lot more moral than the spawn of rich presumably conservative families...

As far as Lori not getting an abortion, the wedding scene tells you why, apparently her family is Catholic (though far as I know the vatican doesn't exactly love cheating or having babies out of wedlock).

In one sense I agree with Karan, that as a character I am not all that sure that Lori has suffered enough, or if she really understands how horrible a thing she did, it seems that all she still cares about is herself....when John is planning his revenge, she worries about feeling guilty about what might happen rather than worrying about him and she never understands how she ran off was of her own accord, she said she didn't have a choice, really? She is still delusional, though I doubt very much courts would take the baby away from her or it necessarily was the best course of action. It sounds like she has learned something, but she also hasn't quite taken responsibility for what she did...

That doesn't change Brandon as a skanky low life, and my problem with Karan's and some other posts is their statements about the character of Lori almost borders on Brandon not being scummy.....here is a man who was seducing both daughter and mother (until mom tells him to back off, so she can have him *gag*)., takes away a man's wife and doesn't even think of the husband, and though he didn't know about the kids he never checked with either mother or daughter to see how they were after dumping them..and then after taking the wife, dumps her, without resources or anything. That doesn't mean Lori is an angel, but it doesn't take away from what a scumbag brandon is. In many ways, he and Lori are the same people, they are both the spoiled scions of well off families, which despite certain mythologies about the families of well off people, is more often true then not, that the kids end up as low lifes living off the family fortune.....

The ending may not hang true in terms of how John handles it, but in many senses he displays what a-hole father in law couldn't figure out, that he was that good a person. Of course Father in Law would never apologize to John for the way he had behaved towards him, gasbags like that rarely do, but John comes out as a truly noble man, maybe not one many men are. He takes Lori in, not because of her, but because of his daughter (and yes, folks, mother-daughter relationships are strange, and things as strange as this or more happen, like a daughter taking care of a mother who sat back and watched as dear old dad raped her for many years and did nothing). John also felt sympathy for the baby and didn't want the child living in conditions not good for it, because it was innocent.

There is one flaw to the story IMO, that Frances doesn't straighten out, according to Lori's story, Brandon is a trust fund kid with 'a lot of money', so he wouldn't need a job with the town of Macon to pay child support...one could suppose his family (which is not mentioned) cut him off, but from the story it sounds like Rufus would not have to get him a job for him to pay child support.....and Rufus proves to be a jerk, too, because he has a grand kid and great grandchild and does nothing to help them, he should be judging himself, that fine ole southern gentleman he is not....

Frances, I love your stories, but please take Mz Sarah out again, it is like eating that special food available only so often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
meh

unrealistic that lori jus came back with out the main char doing anything if he was truly as hurt as he said he was he woulda turned her out just like she did him. Ovverall a weak cuckold story because if lori can waltz back into his house with another mans child and one in her and he lets her sta he's a wimp plain and simple, i'm not saying be cruel but it isn't his responsibility for his ex if that was the case every ex in the world would be back with their ccked husbands. Was a good story but the ending was subpar and ruined it. Not even the hair cutting made sense it was more or a soap opera at the end then arealistic story. Again meh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why no DNA test on Emily?

Why no DNA test on Emily?

He might not have a granddaughter either.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
It is not a reconcilation story!

@ Anon you are funny, the husband has the Second Chance woman, when Lori has come back and Lori got a provisory shelter and not a RECONCILATION. Did you read a other story, with a creampie eating willing cuckold husband story???????????? The humanity is not whimpy thing at all. I think the Author was brave, because many revenge or consequence story Authors from USA write their stories the betrayed husbands start the dating steps for Second Chance women after the divorce. Here the betrayed husband started his connection with Bridget when his divorce was not closed. I think if a betrayed husband finds the Second Chance woman before the divorce that husband is not whimp at all.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW 5*****

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
True Responsibility

I gave this ***. It is the lowest I could go for such a great author. I have enjoyed many of your stories. I even enjoyed part of this story however... John would be in prison for aggravated assault or as one other person posted he would be dead or in the hospital with gunshot wounds. In fact, all my negative comments about this story surround John. I find it hard to believe that a person whose life had been unfairly disrupted by the actions of a wayward wife, to the point of being investigated publicly for her disappearance, would take her back under any circumstances. He also goes on to place to much blame on Brandon. His wife is the adulterer not Brandon. Yes, Brandon cheated on his daughter but then again so did his wife and her punishment is for John to pay for her after she returns. Sorry not buying that one. We men like stories where we get even with the guy sleeping with our whore, because that is exactly what she is. We tend to drop the ball and the real villain of the story gets away with a slap on the wrist. John should have closed the door and told her to go see her daddy if she was having problems because she wasn't his problem anymore.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
The revenge was ridiculous.

He committed at least three felonies. These days if the STATE did not charge him, the FEDS would.

Having him served at the wedding would have been fine.

Maybe getting him alone and kicking the shit out of him, but to hold 500 people in fear WILL get you charged.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Five Stars

Lori deserved a lot of hot-sauce.... but perhaps living with Rufus will be punishment enough. I can't agree with those who wanted a baby put in the worst possible circumstances. The hero was too nice a guy for that..

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Churchill's famouse motto

@ karan Churchill's famouse motto: "To Be Stubborn Against the Enemy In the War, But To Be Mercyful With The Enemy After the Victory!" (I am sorry for my retranslate).

The husband HAS THE SECOND CHANCE WOMAN, SO WHY HE MUST BE HOSTILE AGAINST THE EXWIFE??? I think the AngloSaxon powers were wise to allow Germany rebuild itself after the Second World War................The exhusband got the eternal greetfulness from his daughter for the provisory shelter of her mother and LORI HAD TO LEARN BRIDGET IS THE NEXT MATE FOR HER EXHUSBAND........I think Bridget the next mate who works as pregnant women helper, she appreciated well this also as his daughter............

If the exhusband had kicked her to the street, she could have gone to her father soon and in her heart she could have closed the emotional reminescent to her exhusband with neutrality.

The oposite of the love is not hate, but neutrality................

In Azpiri "Shattered" story the exhusband behaved in same method to couse to the exwife more long lasting emotional pain in the future, as with an quick hostile behavioral.

In Cpete's story "Postcard" or "Family Guy"the exwives must see everyday the exhusbands happiness and this is the better Romantic Revenge............

However the Romantic Revange Situation (here the exwife had to be together with the Second Chance woman for a short time only), sometime authors spoilt with too balanced. For example Matt Moreau's story "An Unacceptable Situation", where the second chance woman bank service spoilt the Romantic Revenge situation.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 11 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed it. The original and fresh plot made the story really captivating and the fact that you didn't have to wait forever for Ch 02 lended continuity. Thank you Well Done

rjordanrjordanover 11 years ago
Spykke - "you can't get DNA from cut hair - you need the hair follical"

Not completely true. You can't get nuclear DNA (nDNA), but you can get mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) from a hair shaft without follicle. And that would be sufficient to peg Brandon as the father in this case.

rjordanrjordanover 11 years ago
Part 02 did not disappoint

Like most commenters thought, there were lots of tells that Lori ran off with Brandon who was the father of Emily's child, but only a sucker would try to anticipate a FrancisMacomber story on the basis of obvious early (or even late tells). Though I didn't know what, there was much more in store and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Thanks for another fun story.

rj

GizmorGizmorover 11 years ago
Vigilantes

Really great story. Some of the comments are over the top. Water Off A Ducks Back! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
when i think of REVENGE on a set of cheaters

BOTH are as likely as not to receive several blows from the Sword of Damocles. I would just cut his dick and balls off and make her eat them real justice he would dine on filet of clit real cheaters justice and they NEED TO KNOW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You have serious male issues Miss Francis. What is the point of this chapter??

The father in law humiliates the hubbie for years, a punk comes along and impregnates BOTH his wife and daughter, so hubbie's vigilate response is to wreck the wedding, cut the punk's hair (OMG does this as a revenge item ever broadcast SISSY as the author's middle name), and make the punk pay minimum support for his kids like he's suppose to anyway. You had hubbie SAVE the father in law from being taken in by the bad guy and cut off the rope that the punk would have used to hang himself in taking on the BIG SHOT father in law, just for the price of a party that was probably small change for the father in law anyway if he was such a big shot. The hubbie would have been better off to let the wedding happen and sometime later after the punk got settled in and started spinning his crap on the father in law, "LEAK" the whole story to whoever the political and business enemies of the old man were and then the media. That would have probably destroyed ALL hubbie's foes financially but there would NOT have been a virtually meaningless climactic scene where hubbie gets to rant at the wedding while accomplishing nothing more than what a couple of letters and court filings logically would have. SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS CHAPTER OF THIS STORY? As a story? And author, news flash, we've had WOMEN'S LIB now for about 50 years so BOTH THE WIFE AND DAUGHTER AS ADULT WOMEN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS IN SCREWING THIS GUY UNTIL THEY GOT KNOCKED UP. So what is the point of being sorry they were "taken in" by this guy and keeping someone elses leftovers around. You've never heard a woman say: I can do/ go out with whatever/whoever I want?? THEY DID IT; THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE. Finally, this chapter reminds me of the end of ANIMAL HOUSE when the ANIMAL HOUSE guys realize they finally got tossed from school and said they had to "do a really meaningless, stupid, futile act," or something like that, and so went out and wrecked the parade. "Boy is this cool," said Flounder, but what was the purpose of that, AND THIS, as an entire story? There is no revenge, deminimus retribution but just some really meaningless, stupid, futile acts.

PultoyPultoyover 11 years ago
Not your best work

You are an excellent writer. You fashion a narrative that is riveting, and emotional. I read this with passion, anger, fury even.

While on his way to Savannah, I was hoping he'd truely avenge his nemesis, really draw the blood of revenge and once and for all set his father in law straight as to the character of our hero.

It seemed anthihemetic to me for him to use a toy gun, only cut the guy's hair off and leave with such lack of real revenge.

Also, I wanted to see the wife have to really address the carnage she'd affected in his life.

It seemed so very silk pantie nature of the hero to let her come back and provide her with shelter and food.

Still, I am a vengeful bastard and I know that true mercy is not dependent on behavior, but on the benevolence of the grantor.

The writing is superb, but the way the story played out left me with chest pains. I do compliment you on your adroit ability to stir the dredges of my emotion. It just doesn't seem fair if you are going to do that, that you don't settle the issue to my satisfaction. Ha!

Regards,

-Pultoy

PultoyPultoyover 11 years ago
I misspelled a word.

In my earlier comments, I meant to write, "antiemetic" not what I typed. It was a typo.

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good Story

Good story as always. I make a point of always reading your stories.

But, maybe I missed something, but what happened to Brandon's trust fund?

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Simple

@ Anon The answers are simple. The sister in law is inocent in everything, so she deserves to know about her husband's children.............The slow revenge on his father in law could couse pain for a inocent participiant and he would have lived longer time in the house with his cheater exwife.................

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
The Author lives in the XXI Century

@ Pultroy Why did he have to be violant in our time? It is not the Wild West in the XIX century. He divorced the cheating wife, he got new woman for constant mate, HE MUST ASSIST HIS SINGLE MOM DAUGHTER. He did a theatrical redistribution to do a scandal, which helped his sister of law and to give redistribution on the righteous father in law. So he was afraid the police arrested him for some weeks.......................

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
duna and i

go around and around on this. he just wants to forgive and i want to see the bitch burned fucking down. the xwife with the kid, let them fucking starve to death on the streets and if the knocked up daughter gives him any shit she can get her cunt out there too - after all her kid and mommies kid are siblings. life is choices - one choice is happiness and light and the other is living in hell until you die and get there for real. steal a mans pussy and you get what ever he can do to you and the cunt too. duna is going to hate my newest burn the bitch down story, but no one will die, they will just wish they were dead.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Reconcialation = to live together to death is not = To give provisory shelter

@ cantbuymy The husband did not forgive his exwife, because the FM wrote he wanted to kick her to the street...to her friend. He did not do any reconcilation and there was not treesome in the bed with Bridget and Lori. He gave PROVISORY SHELTER FOR SAKE OF HIS DAUGHTER ONLY. He got the victory because he got a constant new mate: Bridget and his exwife must live as a single mom at her kind righteous Dady in the future...........

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
duna

he gave the cheating whore and his cuck bastard a place to live - fuck that shit - put the bitch in the streets and let her find her own way - he owes her less than nothing and that is what she should get - less than nothing. and that fucking god damn bastard - why have to support this pigs shit brat, even for one night. he is already doing it for his daughter - the cheating whore wife should sell her ass for money before she asks anything of her husband. but i am probably sugar coating it again - i am just a softy when it comes to love.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
A win @ lost list

A win @ lost list

Lori will be older single mom at her righteous father. She will be little likely to find any constant mate for longer time. Will she be mistress in the future???

Emily is a young single mom so she has higher likelyhood to find a good husband candidate.

Bridget got a good man for constant mate (John), who can accept she will not be her own children.

John got a younger woman (Bridget), when he was under the divorce proceedings, so he is after the HATE STATE and with Bridget he is in the neutrality state to Lori.

The writer dramaturgy worked well to show he is after Lori with Bridget, so it is believable the shelter situation. He was persuaded easier by Emily.

Brandon must pay for 2 children for 18 years so he does not see his children.

The righteous Rufus must live with his divorced single Mom daughter.........

Cecily gets rid of a burden and she got chance in time to restart her life.

I am simple revenge story fan, but I am not a fundamentalist revenge story fan, so I apreciate more stories.............

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
He has the next constant woman candidate in his bed before his divorce certificate!!!!!!!!

1. Sombody who got his certificate to be divorced he is not cuckold from that date at all. A husband can get rid of cuckold position with 1. killing the wife, but this is 98% likely 20 years prison or with 2. to divorce her. John is not cuckold from that time, the divorce is accomplished.

2. Somebody is the winner of the life is better to follow Churchill's famouse motto I wrote here earlier "To Be Stubborn Against the Enemy In the War, But To Be Mercyful With The Enemy After the Victory!" (I am sorry for my retranslate).

John got his next constant woman Bridget, he is neutraly to Lori, because HE IS THE WINNER and he does not want to loose Emily.

I am simple revenge story fan and I am not fundementalist revenge story fan so I can apreciate some Romantic Revenge Stories as this is..................

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Duna

@Duna: To Be Stubborn Against the Enemy In the War, But To Be Merciful With The Enemy After the Victory!" That is pure cuck shit. You have to be stubborn against the enemy and no you can never be merciful against the enemy. History is witness to the fact that winners have always won because they dint turn into softies.

Brandon was an asshole, that fact is universally agreed out here but the argument out here is i repeat is only about LORI and her fate. She got away too easily is what the majority of people feel out here and for a reason. You can justify your cuck shit anyway you like but that does not change facts. Fact is the husband was humiliated publicly in the worst possible way by being accused of being a murderer. Sympathies for the baby (lori's baby not the daughters) keeps pouring in but how was the husband responbile for that? And that is besides the point. The point is someone like lori did not deserve "romantic revenge" as you call it. Only a wimp of the highest order would want romance in revenge. I guess that says it all.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Njlauren: Please read this carefully. Duna and other can read it too. thanks.

@njlauren: Brandon was a bastard. I have no sympathies for him. Punish him as much as you want because he deserves it. But thats not the point we all are discussing out here. The point is, LORI did get away too easily. Duna calls it romantic revenge i dont know what name you would like to give it. I would prefer simple terms in black and white. Not the grey route. There is no middle route out here. Life is as simple or as complicated as we choose to make it.

In lori's case it was a clear cut case of showing no sympathy. As i have time and again said with regards to this story that cheating is one thing and being humiliated the way this husband was is another. This took the case to a whole new level as lori's sin's were in multiples. A) Stealing the daugther's bf. No matter what a mother does not do that. B) Leaving her daughter when she was pregnant. C) Eloping with the daughter's bf who happens to be the father of her unborn grandchild. D) Cheating on a great husband who was always faithful and a great provider. E) Getting her husband accused for her murder. (That could have been planned to humiliate him, she was old enough to realise you cant just vanish.) F) Even after reading about her husband's ordeal in the media she writes a letter rather than coming back to save him. Clearly his welfare was not a priority even at a time like this, when he needed her the most because he was getting hate mails. G)Return's back with a bastard baby and expects the husband to take care of it. H) Many more things r there which i can go on and on about, but i hope that should not be necessary and these many sins are enough for you.

Do you still feel she should be shown mercy? Brandon is what people focus on but all i have ever said is that brandon dint promise the husband to be faithful during their vows but lori did. So who is the main culprit out here?

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
What is it like a revenge in the XXI Century?

@ karan I am glad for giving oportunity to me for discussing about revenge in the XXI Century.

In almost every Western Culture country the adultary as serious weight point in the divorce earesed from the FAMILY LAW. So a cheating spouse is equal to the eyes of the tribunal system, moreover at some judges the preanuptial contractes are overwritten to assist the children custody winner cheating wife. Only the properties of the spouses from the before wedding are only things which are seen by the tribunal system objective. I read in a comment, the adultery was deleted in all 50 States in the USA. The only light in the dark is the next: 1. in some countries as in Hungary and in the first state in USA in Pennsylvania the spouse alimoney was earesed from the Family Law. 2. In 6 States of the 50 USA states the exhusbands do not have to pay children support for bastards (if they are below 4 years old, becouse serious children psyche demage). I hope this is the first steps and in all over the Western Culture the exhusbands will NOT have to pay for bastards (if the husbands divorce from the cheating wife befor the bastards are 4 years old). Everybody is responsible for his sperm cell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but for his own sperm cell only!!!!!!!!!!! The modern Sciences could justified the possibility of the Paternity and old Roman Law Rule the mother is sure disappiered, only the Family Law SHOULD FOLLOW THE MODERN SCIENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you kill the cheating wife with the loverboy(s) in passion you will get 15 years prison in Europe, if you plan a eleborated murder against the cheating wife and loverboy(s) you will get 25 years prison (in Hungary jailhouse) without parole in Europe. I think the murder against the cheating wife is not revenge, because she does not suffer, but murder against the loverboy only YES!!!!!!!!!!! , because the serial cheater wife will suffer to loose her lover (a slut wife will not suffer, she will have newer cocks) However the Police investigate this well with high % as well.

These stories on the SOL (storiesonline.net) and on the LW of Lit (some I read on ASSTR as well) try to search the consequences of the cheating at sexual majority husbands and the possibilties for redistributions. Sometime the redistribution goes to the fantasy plot, sometime it goes to belivable plot. I think to earn the children custody, to be more succesful after divorce, to have a younger, better, Second Chance women, to do secret succesful things (Information technology, to assist the police to arrest the loverboy-exwife candidate), to be not fair to the cheater spouse, to hide more assets, fortune to tax pardises (Cayman islands, Chanel islands, Switzerland, etc.) before divorce, to start law suit against biological father, big corporate (morality clause), etc..may be the real revenge weapons and pure violance is rarly occasions when it is succesful lack of police (to use organized criminals, special events as the loverboy is violanced and he goes to the prison), to use media, internet etc.. and I could mention the good revenge stories to justify with example, what may be the XXI Century revenge, but I read a very good example from a newer Author on LW Lit barney69r. His Nick is Barneyr on SOL (storiesonline.net) he has a good consequence story "Dear Vickie", where the husband puts the common property in a special found for their common children to assist the children future (education, to start the life), so the divorce does not threaten the 50-50% divide.

BTW I am glad the supporters of the cheaters and fundamental revenge fans attack me with same level, so I know I am on the golden middle way of Horatius...............

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
DUNA

@DUNA: Perfect example of trying to mislead when you dont have an answer to facts. What you wrote was not related at all to the discussion at hand. No one is asking for lori to be killed nor did anyone ask for a history lecture.

Point is when you have nothing to say, you write anything as long as its a long comment in the hope that people will either get bored or confused and give up. Thats pure bullshit. Secondly i know its cruel to make fun of typos but you have way too many. All of us including me i am sure would be making some mistakes while writing but your spelling mistakes are way too frequent. You seriously need an editor to edit your comments. Or is it a deliberate ploy to bore people or try to confuse them with atrocious spellings? And if not than it means your english is truly horrible and perhaps you have not understood the story.

whatever the reason may be these tactics wont help. Grow up.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
A short assay about RRS

1. What is the Romantic Revenge Story (RRS). After divorce to live better is not revenge only a succesful consequence. To know by the cheating exwife untill her death the exhusband is more succesful, more happy and neutraly for her is the Romantic Revenge Situation and it may be the center of the story plot. In this case that story is a Romantic Revenge Story. Sometime the Romantic Revenge Situation is part of Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories (smart betrayed husband, smart friend(s) of the betrayed husband Stories) or (more rarly) Cruel Revenge Stories, this increases the revenge level. To assist to understand what are the RRS, I gave an examples collection for Excellent Romantic Revenge Stories: the best from Vulcez "How Are You?" and "Choices Made", from StangStar06 "Love is for Suckers " and "Back on the Block Ch. 01", from Cpete "Family Guy" and "Ugly American Ch. 03", from Seurat "Homecoming Call", from hawkeye0007 "A Man's Job" . In all stories the cheating exwives know their exhusbands the more succesfull, more happy and the exwives have in trap situation because possibilty for RECONCILATION THERE IS NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! My most favorit story on LW is from Vulcez "How Are You?" and (I read it more 40 times for example on my electric book by bus) this story shows us well the exact weapons of the Romantic Revenge: The Exhusband is succesful Author, the children are succesful without their (cheating) Mom, the exhusband has a beautiful younger constant woman mate, the cheating exwife has a 66 years old husband, who likes the Exhusband's book.......Ha, Ha, Ha,...........I think of this story and keep laughing on the cheating wife. IT IS AN ANTI (Bocaccio) Decameron!!!!!!!!!!

2. It is all right about this story, If you are the WINNER, as John was it may be the choice to be Cruel and he could have kicked on the street his cheating exwife (with the newborn) and in that case the righteous Rufus should have assisted his older daughter and Rufus's younger daughter would have stopped the wedding plan with Brandon. I think Emily would have been a little emotional distract to her Daddy for a shorter time (1-2 years) and with Bridget help Emily would have forgot this. I agree you (Karan) I think he do not risk at Emily and Bridget his connections to kick out her to his father in law, he could have gotten only negative sentences/weekly from Emily for 1-2 years and the exwife could reach the neutraly to her exhusband so she could have gone to the dating playing place to find lover(s) to be mistress, etc..

He was the winner and he decide on being MERCYFUL, to assist FM the Author to build the wedding reception scen DRAMATURGY and to build a long lasting pain in the (serial) cheater exwife brain...............

3. We majority of the readers here think with male brain, but the female brain works other way, so at a serial cheater woman whose brain wants emotion (against a slut wife) the Romantic Revenge weapons work well on the emotional part of the female brain. To be the Second Chance woman (not forever only for provisory) in same house without FFM sex, I think it is a good long lasting emotional pain generator in Lori's brain...............

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Duna

@Duna: Still does not make sense what you said and it was not just the spelling mistakes and typos that resulted in this. (Try avoiding them or get an editor plz) .

Anyways, the point that you make revolves around being merciful (please note the spelling of merciful as you use the word often and spell it wrongly every single time)

Merciful? Back to square one i guess. For the nth time i am saying this. This story goes beyond traditional cheating as it got massive coverage in media which resulted in him being accused of a heinous crime such as murder. Do you even realize how serious that is? Secondly she ran away with the father of her unborn grandchild, is that forgivable? Many such issues but i named just these two. I have listed her sins in detail in my previous comment do go through them. Even if you forget the rest and stick to the above mentioned two sins or crimes as you would like to call them or mistakes if you are really trying to be polite, the fact remains that these things cannot be forgiven. These are SERIOUS ISSUES. husband being accused of murder??? wtf thats as serious as it can get... and what she did to the daughter was nothing short of disgusting. You still want to be merciful? Whats your definition of mercy? You have mentioned the classic tale "how are you", That is one of my favorites as well. We actually have something in common but i guess it ends there. In that story the daughter was not pregnant with the child of the man she "eloped with" nor was the husband accused of murder. Cheating hurts. Yes it surely does. At they say forgiveness helps the victim in moving on in life. But in some situations like this one that is not possible because of the implications of the actions of the cheater. Romantic revenge as you would like to put it still sucks as a concept and it is definitely not applicable here as you can be from the number of comments that agree with my views. A majority of the comments in this story feel that the wife got away lightly. No one likes to hurt another human being. But at times forgiveness is simply not an option.

You talk about the male point of view being different from the female point of the view. What you don't speak about is Justice. In a case like this most women (when i say most women i mean a sample of women who done cheat. Keep that in mind,cheaters obv wont agree because they are cheaters) would feel Lori got away lightly because of the sense of justice that prevails inside them. I am sure you wont understand a majority of my comments out here and will reply with some new theory of yours that is completely irrelevant to this argument. Thats what you have been doing and i have been pointing it out. But the reason i still type here and not chat privately is for the audience out here who can see the truth and realize whats happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This really sucked as a man's response to cuckholding

This is just a distasteful sissy's silly response to humiliation and not worth the read. 1*

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
A dramaturgy choice of the Author

@ Karan9876 I repeat 2nd point of my last comment to meet at a debate point.

2. It is all right about this story, If you are the WINNER, as John was it may be the choice to be Cruel and he could have kicked on the street his cheating exwife (with the newborn) and in that case the righteous Rufus should have assisted his older daughter and Rufus's younger daughter would have stopped the wedding plan with Brandon. I think Emily would have been a little emotional distract to her Daddy for a shorter time (1-2 years) and with Bridget help Emily would have forgot this. I agree you (Karan) I think he do not risk at Emily and Bridget his connections to kick out her to his father in law, he could have gotten only negative sentences/weekly from Emily for 1-2 years and the exwife could reach the neutraly to her exhusband so she could have gone to the dating playing place to find lover(s) to be mistress, etc..

He was the winner and he decide on being MERCYFUL, to assist FM the Author to build the wedding reception scen DRAMATURGY and to build a long lasting pain in the (serial) cheater exwife brain...............

From here my next ideas. John was the winner he became neutraly earlier, than his wife was BECAUSE HE FOUND A YOUNGER AND BETTER SECOND CHANCE WOMAN before his divorce, HE GOT THE BIGGER PART OF THEIR COMMON CHILD's LOVE, so he was not at that circumtances how he had to decide on reconcilation at all. He decided on a HIGH WAY thing for giving shelter. If he decided on kicking his exwife to Rufus I did not accuse him , however the Author's dramaturgy would have shipwrecked, because Cecily would have known the true about Brandon. FM wrote his story to that way Lori and Bridget did not start FFM sex connection as Katmai and Sid0604 wrote in their stories and there was not any reconcilation only FM wanted such story dramaturgy where John goes to Rufus for Cecily's wedding. FM wrote such dramaturgy Rufus family and John family did not communicate, so the information about Brandon did not arrive to Rufus and Cecily.

FM dramaturgy showed John such responsible Daddy who went to Lamaze with his daughter and this attracted Bridget to John. I read many revenge stories from USA Authors and almost everybody writes the betrayed husbands start the dating after their divorce. The murder accusation, almost lost job, the media scandal about him assisted him (and the Author's dramaturgy) to start dating with Bridget before his divorce, whose is not able to bore any child (newer good Author's dramaturgy invent). John finds the Second Chance woman (bridget), so he is neutraly to Lori and NOT WHIMP according to the Author's dramaturgy. He choose the HIGH WAY................... A little dramaturgy practice from FM.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Duna

@Duna..You repeat your point because you have nothing else to say? And repeating the point makes no sense when the point made no sense the first time around.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Interesting?!

@ Dear Anon The majority of the revenge story Authors write their stories to that direction, that the betrayed husbands start their dating for looking for new woman mates AFTER THEIR DIVORCE ONLY. Here the husband starts his dating with Bridget before his divorce. I thought you accuse John to be cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to you a betrayed husband finds the second chance woman before his divorce he is whimp????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tchumpertchumperover 11 years ago
Well written story.

I had read the first installment only days ago, and wondered how long it would be till the second. I did not have to wait long!!!!!!!!!

You peaked my interest and when I saw the second, I immediatly clicked on it and started reading. JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

thefranzthefranzover 11 years ago
Nice, but...

especially the villain of the piece seemed rather synthtic to me. Brandon Hilton was not a person, just a concept. The story also didn't give any insights into this person which could make Lori's actions believable. Sure, she was immature and selfish and in competition with her daughter but to run away with her boy toy and then be left pregnant should be counterbalanced by some - imagined - qualities of Mr. Hilton.

FM's heros tend to be a little low on emotion, which in itself is not a bad thing. But here the lack of emotion also afflicts the rest of the cast. Especially Lori's actions could only be made believable through her emotions as she clearly isn't very reasonable, but I can't feel them. She should be pouting or raving or even proclaim taking it as god's vengeance after being left by Mr. Hilton but she isn't even convincingly numb.

So all in all it is a nice and well written story which left me a little dissatisfied mainly because of the quality of the authors other stories.

sbart921sbart921over 11 years ago
Great - as Usual!

Thank you for such this submission - what a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really poor story

This might be the worst story you've written.

Why didn't John end up in prison there were certainly enough witnesses. Why should Brandon care about paying for a couple of bastards I thought he had a massive trust fund?

The main problem with this story is the fact that it's about some guy who wasn't man enough to keep his wife and wasn't strong willed enough to protect his daughter so he has to enact some type of revenge to prove that he's still got a pair of balls. I'm sure that others will tell me that he was righting a wrong or getting justice for himself and his family but to me it's just about a man who trying to regain some pride and nothing else.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
There is a benefit for deleting of the adultary couse from the Family Laws in all 50 States of USA

Untill being adultery among the divorce couses, to be faithful to end of the marriage was WISE THING to fix the 50-50% for a better deal at the court. However only that possibility remained to be faithful for a betrayed husband, if the children are younger the custody decide will be better, because not good parent picture may be at the judge. Here John's daughter was above 18 years, so he got free hunting permission for Second Chance woman. I am glad the Author showed the betrayed husband found his next mate BEFORE HIS DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
wow, not man enough to keep his wife or protect his kid

that comment must have come for a woman. Man enough to keep his wife, this must have been your first story here. If you don't know there's a problem and you wifes a slut like his happen to be then WAALLAAA. The daughter is fucking grown, over 18, if she was under 18, say 16 then Brandon would be in jail. The comment was over all, stupid. Man enough to keep your woman, why would he have to fight to keep his wife in the first place. She was his "wife". Then after she cheated why keep her? I gave the story a 4, just because I couldn't get over letting the ex-wife stay in the house.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
I was close -

But no cigar I admit it - Lori was not Cecily's mom too - that would have been priceless though lol.

But the story was a good one - no man would have been "man enough" and the anon put it for that botch she was self-indu8lgent, self-centered and stupid - keeping her is not a positive thing in the first place. Seeking justice for his daughter and grand daughter - that works for me -

Finding Bridget was the obligatory "the good guy wins" part I did like the pace and focus in what is vigilantism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Inane and inept !

And we know that bad writer deserves just reward. "1*" !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done

You wrote a well paced and interesting story. Lot's to think about, and well considered.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
writers write shit that they think sound cool,but dumb as hell.

dad can mom stay here,after mom had another man baby and run off with him.dad should leave and let the crazy woman alone.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Sand in moutn...

I started, and then stopped, then started again. The runaway spouse with all the uncertainty and suffering it caused our hero was really tough to take. I, of course, despised Lori. However, the vigilante theme wove its way well through the whole story; for that reason this tale is clearly a five. Emily was a saint as was Bridget. I must have missed the reason why Brandon ended up marrying Cecily. Was he engineering his own supralegal vigilantism? I guess we'll never know. I thought our protagonist exhibited great restraint regarding his horrid wife.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Lori !

In the story you mention Lori came from the same town as Brandon. You never expanded this note. It could have explained Lori going with Brandon initially !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't forget prenatal care costs and

Hospital delivery cost and ...

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
okay

I didn't like it much. Brandon is not explained in enough description in his relations to Lori and Emily. Lori was mentally ill. John was wimpy and not exciting at all. The story was a mind fuck. Most men would've taken a baseball bat to Brandon with backup. The author just fell too short in description and emotion. All emotion was revulsion of the treatment and humiliation endured by John. No man would remain unmoved by this asshole Brandon. It made no logic or sense in any of the plots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved it

Some negative comments but I don't know what world the commenters live in but beating the crap out of someone, whilst mentioned in loads of stories, doesn't seem credible in the real world. The only thing that didn't make sense to me was Brandon living in poverty when he had a trust fund.

The comment about Lori knowing Brandon in Savannah was covered, after all he was 20 years younger so would be about 2 when Lori went to college. Not date material at that age.

Cheers

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
No Satisfaction

So for all his efforts he got a lock of hair? His lawyers could have handled the paternity suit. Why did the kid target the mother, daughter and aunt? Not explained? Birth control not working? Huh? Strange coincidence. Bridget was nice, thought that he and her might adopt the daughters baby? A lot of loose ends. A lot of detail with his job that never developed into much. Are you a college professor and just like talking about work? Worst of all, this guy just sucked it up, then when the ex and her lust baby turned up he had to suck some more - yuck. Fuck it.

IslandBornIslandBornalmost 11 years ago
lmfao

Why is it so hard for some to comprehend what they read? Then they go and make stupid comments. Signal try reading the story again and paying attention to what occurs when he talks to Bridget after finding Brandon then pay attention to the line about the reaction of Brandon upon hearing Rufus say his name. Fairly certain you'll have some questions answered.

Great read to the author my thanks.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
#2 A ONE MAN POSSEE

with him as the Sheriff....shoot em low in case of a Shetland. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
Wimp or not wimp?

There is a thing, that if you are the winner to be generouse does not mean weakness...................He was the winner with a second chance woman.............

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous